Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? (20510 Views)

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Ropostic120(m): 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
Meektunz:
I've often times heard people talk about it, infact about 90% of Nigerians attribute it to witchcraft attack. It finally happened to me for the first time in my life. It was a terrible experience, after waking up I felt like trully someone pressed my neck.

Nothing like sleep paralysis here
Na witches and wizards dey OPPRESS you
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by 1Sharon(f): 1:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

Technology is different from nature...leave that one. Till date can you explain how water is inside coconut??

Are you kidding me?? A simple Google could have answered your question.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by 1Sharon(f): 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Adakintroy:
Those of Una weh don turn sucker for science or adopt science as new religion. Una well done.

I know say no be everything be winch. But can we just agree say some or not all things can be rational explained.

You say its sleep paralysis. Fair enough. that will imply I "can't move" in a semi consciousness state. All by myself.

But what about the silent figure or human like person that always enter the room while I can't move... pin down in a helpless state while he press the living day out of me and am silently yelling Jesus!. . Can anyone explain? Or all of Una go just pretend like the guy no join the conversation.

What about the guy? Can men of science explain.

The silent figure is just a dream, it's not real.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Davenks:
They are shadow people. Don’t let science fool you. It has something to do with devils.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Davenks:
They are shadow people. Don’t let science fool you. It has something to do with devils.
"they are shadow people" please enlighten me on this
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by 1Sharon(f): 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
vincentcena22:
Sleep paralysis is a demonic attack ( oppression) . I have faced it constantly before, but now I'm free only by Jesus Christ. The key to stopping it, is to build ur spiritual strength 2ru prayer and fasting to draw strength from the heavenly Father ( Almighty God). Talking from experience

They've told you that sleep paralysis has a scientific explanation, but you still insist on spiritualizing it. Okay now.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by 1Sharon(f): 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
theForth:
A gateway to lucid dreaming and astral projection.

Hmm..tell me more
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by 1Sharon(f): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
Luckydabull:

mine was constant when I was around 14 to 19

Got used to it that I could somehow open my eyes but what I saw on a particular night ehh when I opened my eyes??

I thank God I didn't suffer cardiac arrest

grin

It was probably your clothes and bags that looked threatening from the angle you were lying in...
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Bruno531(m): 2:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
I experienced it last month but not sleeping paralyze. I wake up and went to the toilet to urinate, after urinating the right side part of my body was no longer moving, I was afraid that I was already paralyzed, I had to crawl from the toilet to the bed in pains. Then, after 5 minutes I noticed that the right side part of my body has started moving..
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by smile11s(m): 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Meektunz:
I've often times heard people talk about it, infact about 90% of Nigerians attribute it to witchcraft attack. It finally happened to me for the first time in my life. It was a terrible experience, after waking up I felt like trully someone pressed my neck.

E can tire me when e happen

https://gist.am/question/how-many-of-you-have-ever-experienced-sleep-paralysis
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by MrBanner(m): 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
jimyjames:

What is your exact level of injury, is it c6 or c7?

That guy is a scammer, give him money at your own peril.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by OKOATA(m): 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
TheWolfen:
Yes
Many times.
I fought my way through it.
The truth is always let your spirit man be sharp. Abstain from anything that bring your spirit to low vibration. . .
That way you can snap outer of it quickly. If you a believer like me you call for Jesus help or as a Muslim Islam proper way for it.
Sleep paralysis is more spiritual than physical. Don't let scientist and people forming stupid woke tell you otherwise

I pray not but next time you experience something similar to that. Don't wait until the breeze stop. If you see that you fought hard and still couldn't move or talk simply just say Jesus. Immediately you will snap out of it. That works for me wink
This is 100percent right, I remember when I first started Light meditation, anytime I had sleep paralysis I would snap out of it instantly, infact I was able to control myself to wake up instantly. I noticed my spiritual level became very high thats why.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by TheWolfen(m): 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
OKOATA:
This is 100percent right, I remember when I first started Light meditation, anytime I had sleep paralysis I would snap out of it instantly, infact I was able to control myself to wake up instantly. I noticed my spiritual level became very high thats why.

Exactly!
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by socialmediaman: 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:
Anything spiritual has a physical name to cover it up..

Till tomorrow for me. There is nothing normal about sleeping paralysis.

Which stress, which kind over thinking, do children even think? But it happens to children most times

It doesn’t happen to only Nigerians, it happens to many people all over the world no matter your race or nationality
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by passion007: 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

You can make your point without insults you know!!

Not true.
Sometimes you need to clearly realise what a stupid thing you've said, and the stupid things you believe
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
spafu:

Not everything is spiritual, in the sense we like to say it. Man is a spirit living in a physical body. When your physical body us stressed such as forcing yourself to stay awake to work at night, when.you finally go to sleep, because the physical body was sleep deprived, it may sleep of much before the subconscious mind had also shutdown. It's the weight of your sleeping physical body on the subconscious mind that is still alert that gives you that effort of paralysis.

Now you're trying to capture the three dimensions of a man.

The paralysis that even your spirit man knows that this is not ordinary has not do you yet.

I know exactly what I'm saying Sir.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Everything in nature is bound by the laws of physics. Sleep Paralysis is one of them. It's a protective measure by the body so people don't act out things

Thanks for taking the time to explain but it wasn't necessary. That was not the point
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Adakintroy: 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
1Sharon:

The silent figure is just a dream, it's not real.

Just dream. You try.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by nams77: 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

Which stress, which kind over thinking, do children even think? But it happens to children most times
Leave them make dem dey explain am away with grammar.

Sleep paralysis that's comes with pinch and scratch marks on the body nko?
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
cescky:

You summed it up perfectly..
And that's how devil sets traps for humanity..
I had a bad dream, some days ago, chest pain when i woke up.. Went to the hospital to make sure everything was fine.. They said my bp was high,..., gave me drugs alright. But few days later fiam, blood pressure is back to normal.

Of course scientists have stated there's no known root cause for bp.. My point is the physical and spiritual are interconnected. When one is attacked spiritually (if one isn't very prayerful) it will lead to a lot of internal discomfort, eg bp rising, etc, next docs would recommend all sorts... When what one needs is a strong prayer life, good, healthy food and rest... This is unfortunately the same way people are attacked in their sleep and they pass on.. Docs will categorize it as heart attack.

African don't know that we are not as liberal as the white people spiritually.
People dying in their sleep. they say is b.p shoot up.( what will make the bp of a sleeping person shoot up)
Someone cannot sleep . They say is insomnia.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
manikspears:

Leave them......because oyinbo gave them a name for it. That is how some people will keep sugar coating their spiritual problems.

Hmmm
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
aunty dont mind dem jare

See sister, wen i was experiencing this nonsense ting, my life was so redundant no matter how hard i tried.

Thank God for his mercies.

Thank God o.
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Badguy77(m): 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lekan239:
I experienced this everyday

Oga its not normal go for prayers jor
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Bruno531:
I experienced it last month but not sleeping paralyze. I wake up and went to the toilet to urinate, after urinating the right side part of my body was no longer moving, I was afraid that I was already paralyzed, I had to crawl from the toilet to the bed in pains. Then, after 5 minutes I noticed that the right side part of my body has started moving..

Partial sleeping paralysis indeed
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by February30(m): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
I am not alone
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by socialmediaman: 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

Technology is different from nature...leave that one. Till date can you explain how water is inside coconut??

This is how water gets inside a coconut. It was explained for kids. Whatever you don’t know, Google it, don’t live only on the knowledge given by ancestors, use science and education to explain things they didn’t know, then pass the knowledge to your generations and they keep improving on that knowledge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2vmb_98hYw&t=2

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by axeman2(m): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
I have experience it many times even up till date is witchcraft always remember to shout Jesus Christ when ever you experience it
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Ugmama(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

each time I pray fervently, attacking satanic forces, I get sleep paralysis.

There is more to it than physical. Physical may occur, but spiritual aspect too is real.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by dake40(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Medianna:

Please educate your mind. Almost every human from every race experiences sleep Sleep paralysis.

I bet you'd argue with me that a woman too can be pregnant for 9 months without knowing.

This things happen around the world....

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Destydanty: 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
Probly one of the things that pave ways for Nigeria clergy men in cashing out big time by extorting the gullible followers.illiteracy is not your mate
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by EbiJUNIRO(m): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
I use to affirm it's spiritual attack o... Chai!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi State Disagrees With NCDC, Says Kogi Is COVID-19 Free / COVID-19 Cases Rise To 28,000 In Africa — WHO / Man Slumps, Dies Outside Access Bank Hall In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.