Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was (47153 Views)

Why Do Girls Turn Out The Direct Opposite Of What Their Parents Are trying to av / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
franchasng:
Hi Uyali, I am sorry to tell you this plain truth.

Majority of Nigerian women are selfish, stingy and wicked by default.

Nigerian ladies stinginess, selfishness and wickedness towards those that aren't her closest or immediate family becomes more glaring when she marries a financially successful man.

You can quote me anywhere

Lol. He has responsibilities now, sir. Throwing money around shouldn't be encouraged.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by kelvinjames01: 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Don't be a fool Man. Your wife is a very wise and perfect partner for ur unsustainable life. If u keep up with the way u are helping people, u and your family are gonna die poor. Listen to your wife, she has seen the future

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by happney65: 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
Divorce her asap. I don't know why you African people make divorce as a big deal. As long as your dreams and aspirations do not align,divorce her joo ASAP.

I trust my Oyinbo people
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by thinksquad(m): 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2022
Your wife is still a good woman but it depends on how Long the marriage is without kids, this can affect the joy of your wife (am truly sorry if dis offends you,I don't mean anything by it )
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by techWriter3: 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
to ... Well, check my_profi.le if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, or thesis.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by airsaylongcome: 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Cyntie55:

The people you want to sponsor through school, it is not necessary you bring them to your house to stay, you can sponsor and monitor their education from distance.

What is wrong with him bringing them to his house for better monitoring and supervision and probably also better living conditions?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by uptownemmygee(m): 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
Must your wife knows you want to help people, just do the thing for her back and move on,,,,, SIMP oshi

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Gospel2Day: 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
If truly truly you really want to help people you won't be calling family meeting with your wife to discuss it first.
Why come here to complain about something that is entirely your fault?
Before you met her did you use to ask her opinion or take her permission to help people?
It is your money. She didn't make your money for you. She has NO right to determine or dictate who you help or assist.
You may need her consent, however, before you bring in anyone to live with you, but you don't need her consent before you give to the needy.
See, once a woman discovers that she can control you, you have empowered her to manipulate and emasculate you.
Be the man of the house, the head of the family.
Just don't let your giving affect her finances negatively.
Don't say there is no money for food because you have given everything away.
That's foolishness.
Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by IDERAWOLE(m): 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

I will make this as short as possible.
Before marrying my wife she seems to be this very generous and accommodating fellow . I felt fall in Love with her because this is just the kind of partner I want,

I have not really stand very well financially, though comfortable and contented, but I have this great dream of, because of what I pass through to help as much people as I can.
While dating her, she told me all kinds of stories of her philanthropic and generous gestures to people.

But moving forward to today, she seems to be direct opposite of everything.
She detests people coming close or we offering any kind of help or assistance to family both hers and mine not to talk of friends.

What about suggesting to assist a relative that can't afford, with their child education na war
We have not born but I have more than enough space to bring one or two children to see them through school but my wife is not buying is at all at all.

I know who I am before I marry, this is the only thing that gives me joy, and my only reason for asking God everyday to bless me so that I can bless people.

But right now am seriously confused
it hurts me alot but I don't wanna force anything against her will.

I have tried discussing it over and over with her but she is still not buying it, with the excuse of that we have not stand enough to carry anybody .

What could be her reasons and
What should I do?

Sir, you're touching on a sensitive area of God.

At the same time, God won't want you to fight this put with your wife. So what should you do?

Just discuss the matter with God, and let God convince her about this.

When God is done with her, you'll be laughing!

Just take it calmly.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Great0ne1: 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

Before marrying my wife she seems to be this very generous and accommodating fellow . I felt fall in Love with her because this is just the kind of partner I want,

I have not really stand very well financially, though comfortable and contented, but I have this great dream of, because of what I pass through to help as much people as I can.
While dating her, she told me all kinds of stories of her philanthropic and generous gestures to people.

She detests people coming close or we offering any kind of help or assistance to family both hers and mine not to talk of friends.

What about suggesting to assist a relative that can't afford, with their child education na war
We have not born but I have more than enough space to bring one or two children to see them through school but my wife is not buying is at all at all.

I know who I am before I marry, this is the only thing that gives me joy, and my only reason for asking God everyday to bless me so that I can bless people.

I have tried discussing it over and over with her but she is still not buying it, with the excuse of that we have not stand enough to carry anybody .

What should I do?
Bro, country hard and you guys have a long way to go. You never train your own children, you want go carry person child begin train. Give the help you can and save even more for your unborn children

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
madridguy:
Men of today lack balls like our papa then. shocked

I get balls pass my papa generation for woman matter.

Dem never born woman wey go influence my decision via altitude.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by FireUpNow(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
A woman will drive your friends family away then break you down before you die slowly that is what they are.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Psoul(m): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?

Oga stop bn a Solution when you are still a Problem to be solved.
You don't understand it...right?
All I mean is that, you have to stand well before you start growing branches. If not the branches will fall you down.
It is very good to help people, but don't take too much responsibilities that may weigh you down.
I am talking out of experience.
Try to focus more on yourself and family.
Wen you make it, you will be able to do greater things for people.
This might be the area your wife is kicking from.
Women (good ones) will always think of their immediate families (Husband & kids) securing a better future before thinking of any other relative.
You still have a long way to go. Think about that.
Even the Bible says, "love your neighbour as you love yourself."
It never says love them more than yourself.
When you start doing more for ur neighbours more than you do for yourself/family, na sin ooo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Awoleesu(m): 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Welcome on board bro!
You just got the definition of a Black woman... Without having to Google it grin

Sadly, there's nothing you can do about this!
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by moneyissweet(m): 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
If you want to help anyone, help without telling your greedy and selfish wife.

Simple.

ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by elbaraj2020(m): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
What a terrible wife you have there, I must admit that I also pray not to have such a woman, in respective her reason still not good enough, I wonder how she will react when you discuss helping ur own ppl, most of these women are not home builders, they forget that before you married them there were people who looked out for you, ppl who went through thick and thin for you but when you are trying to appreciate them by doing one or two things then it becomes and issue...
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by CSTRR: 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
ZhanVeera:
If you really want to help people out of your will,, since that's what gives you joy go ahead, f
Financially though,

Sit her down and talk to her soul to soul, find out why she doesn't wants you to help people,, even her own family,, it's quite surprising,
Or else something is wrong with her,,

But the aspect of bringing people to your home to see them through school,,
It's not going to be an easy one and not advisable with the situations of things right now,
It might lead to unnecessary disagreements between the two of you,
So just forget about it,,

Above all you're the head of your house, lead well and she will follow you
So if she does not agree with his views, then he is not leading well?
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by koolaid87: 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Fake women everywhere , faking their life just to get married to a man.

Why pretending to be who you're not, you just want to pretend just to get married.

Op your wife wasn't a phila let's not even talk of nthropist, she's a selfish and a self-centered kind of person. She knows the type of person you are hence she pretend to be a giver and she succeeded in pressing your mumu button.

She wanted you to marry her and she has succeeded, now is the time for her to show you her real self. If you're not comfortable with the marriage , you can opt for divorce . Let her take her self-centered body to somewhere else.

Average ladies out there are like Op's girlfriend.

Oops!!
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by dontbothermuch: 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
spydera:
1. She's has joined the geng of #stay wicked.
So check if she's taking any of dem wickedness pills and observe the dosage.

2. Violence is upon us on earth as it is up in heaven.
Only the strong (esp. at heart) will survive.
It takes power to do good in this trying times...and those who do good are considered weak.

3. Statistics have shown that marriage changes people (for better or for worse) take it or leave it.

4. Her friends might have be influencing her through several means and advise.

5. God knows what she might have seen on Nairaland, instablog, IG and the rest of it.

I don't usually comment on any topic, but I must say you must a very intelligent person. All your points are valid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by emmanuelbrown26: 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Why pretending to be who you're not, you just want to pretend just to get married.

Op your wife wasn't a phila let's not even talk of nthropist, she's a selfish and a self-centered kind of person. She knows the type of person you are hence she pretend to be a giver and she succeeded in pressing your mumu button.

She wanted you to marry her and she has succeeded, now is the time for her to show you her real self. If you're not comfortable with the marriage , you can opt for divorce . Let her take her self-centered body to somewhere else.

OP ThISS IS THE BEST ANDD ONLY ADVICE FOR U
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Acidosis(m): 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
All these years that you have been single (maybe 30 years), you didn't think about accommodating two homeless kids. But now that you're married (maybe less than a year in the marriage), you have suddenly realized how your philanthropic self needs to accommodate two kids. You're ma.d sir.

You want to take in two strangers so your newly married wife can start cooking and washing their clothes when she hasn't fully blended well in that marriage.

Don't expect your wife to live a dream you couldn't achieve yourself in all the years you've been single.

If you want to train two kids, take them to your mother.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Nyascobar1414: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

You for ask am why en no see you marry, na ungrateful woman en go marry...
Simple man
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Bellerophon: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Shut up child, even from the self admission and confession of the OP it can be inferred he is not in a financially viable position to assume the financial responsibilities and upkeep of others! His, is a very young nuclear family without the inclusion of children yet, what happens after the eventual and inevitable arrival of his own children and the dawning reality of an expansion of his financial responsibilities? Does he fractionalize his lean finances to cater for essential responsibilities as well as assumed responsibilities that are in no way remotely his?

Foresight and hindsight are two important shades of Perspective every human aspiring to productivity and a meaningful existence must inculcate! You don’t stretch your means to accommodate secondary wants especially when you exist in a society with indeterminate and uncertain probabilities like the Nigerian state! People aspiring to attain and assume responsibilities not properly thought through out of the need to satiate their personal ego is the reason Africa despite being the most emotional and spiritual fraction of the human population has continued to wallow in the doldrums of extreme poverty and deprivation, because rational and thinking humans like your wife had been sentimentally demonized because of her pragmatism over sentimentalism!

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Rexymania(m): 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
Your wife is right. Don't expose yourself to the enemy. You can help someone and they will be having bad thought against you

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by kayperry: 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
MYHUBBY:

Op if you need advise, don't read from this maad fellow, he has a low IQ, do not allowed dumbass like him to destroy your home

since she's not discriminately doing this then it's not yet a problem, she's your financial principle since you lack one

only a foolish man use capital to help people, I was once like you and it took me from Grace to Grass before I got up again, meanwhile the people I helped then are the one mocking me and those that advise me to take caution are those that stay back

you give to people out of your gains/profit not from money meant for wealth building, she's on the right track

start to generate more income and you will see her relax a little. she doesn't want to go back to default

where in the article did you see him talk about using his capital to help people, or you just had to force that narrative to conjure irrelevant point.
If OP could maintain being successful & generous simultaneously before meeting his wife, who is the wife to sudden become financial headmaster, on a more curious note with all the wife rationale & prudence how come her husband is still richer than her.
Oga carry ur A for apple teaching commot for here, lets see the woman build her own wealth if she sabi that much
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by lasheun: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
Big bros.
I appreciate you n your kinda personality and may God bless you.
Someone may have hurt your wife in one way or the other which make her to start having second thought about helping people.
So I suggest you sit her down as her loving husband and ask her what's going on with her.
Women reveal a lot when you engage them in conversation as their beloved.
I sense that you aren't really communicating with her the way you should be doing sir.

Bros me too need help oo shocked
I just finish for fashion school and no go mind if you fit help with sewing machine.
I don't mind old or new.
Best regards.

ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

What should I do?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Nyascobar1414: 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Never let your wife or a female change you...

Why are effeminate weak men on the rise??

Take the redpill you say no...

Your wife can never and will never love you, she only likes you cos of your value(wealth, fame)...

The only female that can love you is your mom..

As a man never you love your wife , love your daughters and your mom...
Cos every woman, wife is replaceable but your mom is never replaceable...
Despite all this I know that men are the ony creatures that love women which is not supposed to be so... Cos we all dealing with modern females... The period of loving your wife has passed... That was in the 20th century...

From the writeup, use this advice in dealing with the modern women...

My peace I leave you
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by CSNg: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Exactly. The wife manipulated him into marrying her.
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Emmanuel30a: 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
Well, your wife has not born yet and it is sometimes difficult for people to help someone else child when they have no child. Also, what you consider as financially comfortable could be directly consider as financially uncomfortable by your wife. You may have not meet her present need let alone future wants...
Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by DuvanZappatta(m): 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Why not you suggest he tries a dialogue with her the Op clearly stated that he’s not where he’s suppose to be yet financially and I can see a little reason why the wife might choose to act that way, some men are uselessly generous outside and don’t care about their home I’ve seen quite a handful why I think this way is because the lady doesn’t accept his philanthropic act on even her own family now that’s a good reason maybe he should concentrate on building them home to their taste which I believe was another compatibility they had.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by Ybaby: 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
ElonEmpire:
GoodMorning all ,

I have not really stand very well financially
, though comfortable and contented, but I have this great dream of, because of what I pass through to help as much people as I can.

it hurts me alot but[b] I don't wanna force anything against her will.[/b]

What should I do?

This generosity and help you wanna render is it your sweat or her sweat?

If it is not your money please understand that you can not be planning and generous on someone's hardwork and doing family champion when you are being provided for yourself

Is it your money??

If it is then you have every right to spend it ..... rent another apartment for your family and help them from morning to night.

It is noble to help but make sure it is your money.

I know I am repeating my self .....hin get why!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was by SmartPolician: 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
You can help people without trying to bring them into your home. Help them from afar.

I also hope you aren't trying to outdo yourself in the name of "we rise by lifting others" by helping everyone who needs assistance? You'll fall while trying to find your feet.

I come in peace.

Nobody, and I repeat, nobody has ever gone broke by helping others.

Nature/God has a way of rewarding people.

While you may not be the richest, but you can never go broke because you helped people.

The truth is, this world is way mysterious than most of us think.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 / Lady Who Left Her Hostel At Gbagada For A Party On The Island Missing (Photos) / Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.