Stats: 3,151,199 members, 7,811,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

My Discovery About Private Schools - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Discovery About Private Schools (31948 Views)

My Lastest Top Discovery About The Poor And The Rich. / Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays / My Discovery About Salary!!! (2) (3) (4)

My Discovery About Private Schools by zedegit: 10:46am On Mar 12, 2022
During my course of sojourn in the teaching field, I have discovered that small schools pay more compared to bigger schools.

There's this big school I teach which pays me a bit higher than what a smaller school was paying despite having more than 3 times the population of the small one. They usually complain they pay a lot of people which is true but theres a good response to payment of school fees from the students as more than 80% of students pay before exam starts and 95% plus pay at exam commencement.

What are your views about this trend?

NB:The owner of the school has bought cars and houses and no teacher in that school has a bike. It's from hand to mouth.

98 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Temistar5(f): 12:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
Teaching in private school is modern slavery.

245 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by EdgarBounce(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Teaching is hell...most parents can't even appreciate the teachers...the kids are very rude,and take you for granted...one of the worst jobs ever!,sometimes i just look around speechless,and dumbfounded...do,do,do but all you do is never enough ontop 18k with abeg self before i started collecting the amount...it was 13k before and i take jss2/3....
If not for God there are times i go hungry there...but it is better than staying at home.

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by ada9ja(f): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Gist for the eternal gods

Check my siggy

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Mikelarteta(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
This is your personal opinion I believe.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Xavie(m): 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
There are different kind of slavery in this world, working for most private sector organisations is one of them, trust African employers to be the most wicked, later we point accusing fingers to the west, sure they wronged us but we too are our own problem

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by SILVERLINES: 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by zicoraads: 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
Not true. Maybe this is the reality in your own area or where you're based.

But don't run a generalisation.

Can any small private school start a teacher's salary with 250k?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by spidey77: 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
Teaching in private secondary school is worse than Libya. Children can talk to you anyhow; misbehave na. You do not have time to start or learn any decent business or skill as the case may be. They can sack you at any point in time. To top it all, even if you save everything you earn, when they sack you, e no fit reach start common okrika business...

Simplest waste of youth...

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by riczy(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
Na bullshit to teach in private Sec schl

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by HappyGoodWealth(f): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
OK
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by phemmyfour: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
zedegit:
During my course of sojourn in the teaching field, I have discovered that small schools pay more compared to bigger schools.

There's this big school I teach which pays me a bit higher than what a smaller school was paying despite having more than 3 times the population of the small one. They usually complain they pay a lot of people which is true but theres a good response to payment of school fees from the students as more than 80% of students pay before exam starts and 95% plus pay at exam commencement.

What are your views about this trend?

NB:The owner of the school has bought cars and houses and no teacher in that school has a bike. It's from hand to mouth.
Resign

They have more students to cater for during examination

More kids means the owner will invest more into better facilities compared to the small schools

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Cutehector(m): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Bank job is better than teaching in private school.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by macanakii: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
As many people have said, it's modern slavery. Most of the proprietors are wicked and greedy. If you have your way to change your career path, please try and do that unless you're so passionate about it. I used to be a private school and I didn't like what I was becoming, I had to change my path through rigorous learning and a lot of sacrifice.

Back to you question. I would prefer a small school that will give me time for other things, to a big school where I won't have time for myself. It's usually like that in big schools. Self development is very important, and you need to have time for that

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by LaSenior: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by blazepascal(m): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Teaching in naija na scam ..modern slavery

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by missionmex(m): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Teaching in Nigeria generally is slavery.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by HappyGoodWealth(f): 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
God

Is

Goood

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Wayne4uall(m): 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
embarassed

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Simpleshafee(m): 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Dem go use you tire.

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by cl0r0x: 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
ada9ja:
Gist for the eternal gods

Check my siggy

That your signature, if I asked you to write for me the spellings will be wrong.

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by VoiceofReal(m): 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
The schools pay a lot as private investors except it is not approved! Renewal fees,tenement rates, levies from ministries, maintenance fees, etc
They should do more but the government doesn’t support them in any form!
The last aid from government was the covid relief funds which wasn’t consistent and not all private schools even received it!

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by parkervero(m): 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
We are in this
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by AgentGoat: 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
It's a bullshiit job

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by vamof23176: 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
To me teaching is very stressful

What Next After A 3rd Class From University? / Casual Leave:annual Leave What Is The Difference Please / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service