Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

My Discovery About Private Schools - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Discovery About Private Schools (31967 Views)

My Lastest Top Discovery About The Poor And The Rich. / Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays / My Discovery About Salary!!! (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by vafelip670: 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
That's total bullshit

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by ada9ja(f): 4:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
cl0r0x:

That your signature, if I asked you to write for me the spellings will be wrong.

Then you dont need help
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Athemisia: 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
Temistar5:
Teaching in private school is modern slavery.
GbAmbsolutely!!!
Na the truth be that..

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Rexymania(m): 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
Teaching is the worse in Nigeria

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Jayphoenix45(m): 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
This is not the case for all private schools so please let's resist the urge to generalize. Some people where complaining about the pay of teachers in kogi state and i don't think anyone would pick that over what some private schools pay..A friend who happens to own a school actually pays the teachers well and i am certain because the principal earns 160k per month. As for the person who said the school owner was buying cars and no teacher had a bicycle, do you expect him to share with you beyond what was agreed to be given to you? It is even easier to negotiate an increase in salary than government owned schools..public schools pay according to general payment scheme and only increase your pay when you get promoted from the ministry of education.which of you will start a business and pay your staff so much that he buys cars and builds houses in this same nigeria? If you feel it is that easy, go then and start a school and pay 300k to your teachers..

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by letitrainnow(m): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
Teach with passion
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by whyteteeth: 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
Teaching is a very rubbish job.

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Ifakiland(m): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
zedegit:
During my course of sojourn in the teaching field, I have discovered that small schools pay more compared to bigger schools.

There's this big school I teach which pays me a bit higher than what a smaller school was paying despite having more than 3 times the population of the small one. They usually complain they pay a lot of people which is true but theres a good response to payment of school fees from the students as more than 80% of students pay before exam starts and 95% plus pay at exam commencement.

What are your views about this trend?

NB:The owner of the school has bought cars and houses and no teacher in that school has a bike. It's from hand to mouth.
It's simple dude, start your own school, use the money you should have used to buy personal cars and houses to pay big salaries to your staffs. End of discussion
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Bahamas95(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Most private school owners are more wicked than the devil.....My girlfriend was teaching in a private school as her side hustle. She doesn't even have time for herself. Her madam was just overworking her and it got to a point I told her to stop that I will be paying her the salary every month if that's her problem. What nonsense!

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by southernbelle(f): 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
In my experience, most private schools (and other private establishments) in Nigeria are owned and run by greedy and selfish people whose utmost concern is their profits (and they almost go crazy if it comes to less than they expect). They do not care about staff welfare but expect staff to deliver their best. It is not proper. I don’t know when the relevant government agencies will ever make the effort to try to regularise the remuneration. It can be based on the net that the organisations make annually, e.g. if a private school makes profit of around 5 - 10 million yearly, it should not pay its staff less than x amount.

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Vinnie2000(m): 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
To all those saying teaching is slavery, is there any private job that is not slavery? To the OP, you are very correct. One of my babes school pay her N28000 but collect N120000 as school fees!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by udemzyudex(m): 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
zicoraads:
Not true. Maybe this is the reality in your own area or where you're based.

But don't run a generalisation.

Can any small private school start a teacher's salary with 250k?

How many private school starts a teacher's salary with #250k?

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by DarkJeddi(m): 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
zicoraads:

You are talking about not generalizing and you brought up a 250K teacher's salary?

How many big schools pay anywhere near that amount?

Talk about irony.. undecided

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Kaybae(f): 5:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jayphoenix45:
This is not the case for all private schools so please let's resist the urge to generalize. Some people where complaining about the pay of teachers in kogi state and i don't think anyone would pick that over what some private schools pay..A friend who happens to own a school actually pays the teachers well and i am certain because the principal earns 160k per month. As for the person who said the school owner was buying cars and no teacher had a bicycle, do you expect him to share with you beyond what was agreed to be given to you? It is even easier to negotiate an increase in salary than government owned schools..public schools pay according to general payment scheme and only increase your pay when you get promoted from the ministry of education.which of you will start a business and pay your staff so much that he buys cars and builds houses in this same nigeria? If you feel it is that easy, go then and start a school and pay 300k to your teachers..
private school principal 160k? Maybe those big international Schools in Lagos or Abuja and the students will be paying up to 1m sha��

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Bbbw: 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2022
Oh
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by yemi1504: 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
Temistar5:
Teaching in private school is modern slavery.

You can say that again bro! Some are different though but they are rare and it is like finding needle in a haystack!
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Jayphoenix45(m): 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
Kaybae:
private school principal 160k? Maybe those big international Schools in Lagos or Abuja and the students will be paying up to 1m sha��
Yes private school. He didn't start from that figure..he grew into it as the school grew. Yes its in abuja but the school doesn't charge 1m. Listen, a school to the owner is also a business just as other businesses out there..they also look at expenditures and expect profits too.. All I'm saying is, you can easily negotiate a better pay when they see you're indispensable and you do your job well..that is not the case with the public schools out here.

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by omoiyamayor(m): 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
I suggest workers need to be demanding for written contract from their employers, it will be a good start to enjoying your job
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Samusu(m): 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
zedegit:
During my course of sojourn in the teaching field, I have discovered that small schools pay more compared to bigger schools.

There's this big school I teach which pays me a bit higher than what a smaller school was paying despite having more than 3 times the population of the small one. They usually complain they pay a lot of people which is true but theres a good response to payment of school fees from the students as more than 80% of students pay before exam starts and 95% plus pay at exam commencement.

NB:The owner of the school has bought cars and houses and no teacher in that school has a bike. It's from hand to mouth.

Hope yhu are not referring to one school like that at Mararaba?
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by zedegit: 5:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
Samusu:

Hope yhu are not referring to one school like that at Mararaba?

Lol. No but it's a common occurrence.
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
Teaching is hell...most parents can't even appreciate the teachers...the kids are very rude,and take you for granted...one of the worst jobs ever!,sometimes i just look around speechless,and dumbfounded...do,do,do but all you do is never enough ontop 18k with abeg self before i started collecting the amount...it was 13k before and i take jss2/3....
If not for God there are times i go hungry there...but it is better than staying at home.

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Shancca: 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
zedegit:

What do you expect? No private school in Nigeria will put you in a comfortable position. If you have what is sort after, option to be a freelance teacher. I did for 3 years and I never settled as a permanent staff for school.

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by SeriouslySense(m): 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2022
smiley smiley
Xavie:
There are different kind of slavery in this world, working for most private sector organisations is one of them, trust African employers to be the most wicked, later we point accusing fingers to the west, sure they wronged us but we too are our own problem
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
As a man no.... Any man u see there has iron heart. Unless welfare increase

As woman very okay, due to hubby acting as a huge buffer.
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by heniford2: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Too bad
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
It's very true. As someone with experience in the private education sector, I can tell you for a fact. Smaller schools pay way better than big schools. The owners of these big schools are nothing short of slave masters

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by membranus: 6:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
Cutehector:
Bank job is better than teaching in private school.

Not all bank jobs. Some are worse than being a slave.

By the way, where are the bank jobs?
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by ShaqFu: 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
zicoraads:

How many big private school pay that amount in your locality?

Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by Welcomme: 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
Coming back
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by IDERAWOLE(m): 6:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
zicoraads:

It doesn't have to be 250k now, but surely not 30k like some of them are still paying.
Re: My Discovery About Private Schools by obonujoker(m): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
Salary should be dependent on the school fees paid by students and amount of students in the school...

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015