Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. (84136 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares Photo Of The 'Akara' Her Friend Made / See The Fish That I Bought For N800. (pic) / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by NoToPile: 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Someone said it is tomato cup. It looks like half of half-derica cup. You get? I doubt it is popular in Lagos. I only see it with those abokis that move about with wheelbarrows. Never seen it in a shop.

The milk cup is popular.

The way it is here in Lagos in descending order of size for most if not all measurables including dried pepper,egusi, crayfish, beans, even rice sef, every every.

Paint bucket
Half paint ( the double fat Derica of tintomato)
Derica
Half derica
Tinned milk cup - this one is mostly referred to as cup
Smallest tin tomato cup(mostly used for ogobono and crayfish measurement)

You would get the paint bucket, half paint and Derica from the big retailers / wholesalers who measure to sell apart from selling in bags.

Derica down to smallest tinned tomato cup is mostly found with the small retailers in themarket and the women on the street

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by ikorodureporta: 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
Wetin u think say dey make ibo guys dey fry akara now if d business no dey boom??
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by pocohantas(f): 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
NoToPile:

The milk cup is popular.

The way it is here in Lagos in descending order of size for most if not all measurables including dried pepper,egusi, crayfish, beans, even rice sef, every every.

Paint bucket
Half paint ( the double fat Derica of tintomato)
Derica
Half derica
Tinned milk cup - this one is mostly referred to as cup
Smallest tin tomato cup(mostly used for ogobono and crayfish measurement)

You would get the paint bucket, half paint and Derica from the big retailers / wholesalers who measure to sell apart from selling in bags.

Derica down to smallest tinned tomato cup is mostly found with the small retailers in themarket and the women on the street

Okay. Maybe it where I shop, because I haven’t seen that milk cup with rice and garri people. Last time I saw it well was in the SE.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by NoToPile: 10:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Okay. Maybe it where I shop, because I haven’t seen that milk cup with rice and garri people. Last time I saw it well was in the SE.

Yeah it's understandable, lots of people wouldn't even buy milk cup of garri or rice or beans if they could help it because it seems like shortage, they would rather buy one Derica or half.

If people would buy milk cup it most likely would be stuffs like egusi, Ogbona, crayfish.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tapout(m): 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Someone said it is tomato cup. It looks like half of half-derica cup. You get? I doubt it is popular in Lagos. I only see it with those abokis that move about with wheelbarrows. Never seen it in a shop.

Lol..yeah I do. Because I'm pretty sure I've never seen that cup in a shop too. it's in ajah you will see those aboki guys well. Ike no dey for that journey abeg.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Itzlinda(f): 11:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
Simplythebest:
This once are even big compared to the one they sell at my area in Irawo. Things are very costly now even a bag of pure water is now N250. What did we do to deserve this kind of change

Pure water bag is still 140 in the North
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Munzy14(m): 1:49am On Mar 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

Of course, it does but making it is fun. cheesy

Yea sure...Very fun when you have a mom or a sister or a wife/gf who does it very well, and doesn't see it as stress at the same time.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Munzy14(m): 1:58am On Mar 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

How can that akara be 1k in the east?
I makwa ihe I n’ekwu? undecided
That guy talk nonsense a lot...The akara is still 50naira per one here.. undecided

Them go come online, dey talk rubbish.. lipsrsealed

Akara I bought 2weeks ago here was 50naira per one.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by DINDESIGNERS: 3:25am On Mar 13, 2022
I must say it is cheap bro, I buy one for 100 Maura and it’s same size of that which you have as one over there. So be grateful, things are expensive brother.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by nnamdi640: 4:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Zonefree:
Buhari will handle insecurity
Osinbajo will handle economy

Mad people!
Hahahahahaha! Some of them said that the disaster wanted to select the best ministers that took him almost 7 months. That man scammed zombies.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by airminem(f): 4:50am On Mar 13, 2022
lasisi69:
blast en left leg asap grin with your old KALA
Aswearugaud

2 Likes

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by everythinggirly(f): 6:05am On Mar 13, 2022
Dear poster, it's everywhere, but you can as well prepare it yourself and enjoy it to the fullest.

Contact me for your academic research writing services!
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Somebodysproduct: 7:00am On Mar 13, 2022
We do not love ourselves in the South honestly. We make lives difficult for ourselves. I returned from the North recently and was amazed at how costly things are down here in the South to the North, for instance the same viewing centers here charge #150 per match while it's just #50 in the North. An Emzor parastamol sachet here in the South costs #100 while it is #60 in the North. It is outrageous considering that most of the producing company are down here in the South which should make products here cheaper!
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by femzybee: 7:09am On Mar 13, 2022
ZhanVeera:
This is weekedness of man to fellow man,,

And we would blame the government for this,

Even lagos life is still better than ADO EKITI, that state as nothing yet things are cost there even house rent nah gold there
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:16am On Mar 13, 2022
MYHUBBY:

two cup of beans is how much in your area or are you in Jupiter? what about other ingredients

for the fact that you bought that 250 in island shows the seller is compassionate, do you know how much they sell beans now and palm oil?
2 cup of beans is sometimes, 160, 170, 180naira.

While 1 small ball of akara here is 10, the big one 20naira, what op purchased for 250, here we would buy it 100.

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:17am On Mar 13, 2022
FireUpNow:
the part of Lagos I am too this is what you will get for N250. One ball of the akara is N50. E don red for this country.
1 ball of big akara ball here is 20naira.

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:20am On Mar 13, 2022
IbileIfe:

What of oil, pepper, onions and frying?
he should have just risked 500naira and enjoy his akara.

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:21am On Mar 13, 2022
Yusufunsho100:

Be positive comrade
meaning

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:21am On Mar 13, 2022
shantti:

Please how is akara made
you can google it yunnocheesy

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2022
jimtemi1:
That if he's not lazy n have the time
i'm sure its the lazy ones that are busy dragging and bashing meangry.

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by rainlover(m): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2022
Halimaatz:
@mariangeles @gariandsuger.

1cup of beans here is 80 to 85naira... Sha i forgot it is lagos.
Which state?
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2022
RealityGod:

How much is the 2 cups now? Then you grind or even if he uses mortal to pound it, what about pepper, Maggie, salt, stove and kerosine and finally groundnut oil. Can 250 buy all that?
it depends...

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:24am On Mar 13, 2022
seunny4lif:
grin Abeg the stress Oil Onion Pepper Gas grin
doesnt he has gas or even cooker at home before?

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:25am On Mar 13, 2022
Ximenez:
Where's that? Even in Kano, it's naira deri
sorry sir i'm nt hausa.

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:25am On Mar 13, 2022
Athemisia:
Shey na only beans you go buy abi!?

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:27am On Mar 13, 2022
knowhowk:
On top Wetin ,So Everytime he needs to eat Akara he must go through the stress of Peeling bean skin ,Blend it ,Fry it ..Oga no time Jare ,Just Give me 250 Naira Akara Abeg
oga its no stress, you are just been too lazy.sorry if the words hurts.

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Halimaatz(f): 7:28am On Mar 13, 2022
garriAndsugar:
So because of 250 akara he should start stressing himself grin

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by cardoctor(m): 7:47am On Mar 13, 2022
Na Lagos na
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by FireUpNow(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2022
Halimaatz:
1 ball of big akara ball here is 20naira.
Country is finished!
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by debbydams(f): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2022
Mrkumareze:
N250 isn't bad for the Akara, i think its even cheap. We started buying a good size for N100 over 3 to 4 years ago
omorr, we buy here #10 per one..3balls #20
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:51am On Mar 13, 2022
9182736455O1999:

did you see Mudu in my comment

There are a lot of dull people on nairaland aswear. grin grin grin
I'm invaribly saying that a cup can't be 120 naira if a mudu is 600 naira, since 8 cups make 1 mudu. Go school una no go gree. Kai
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Mariangeles(f): 8:51am On Mar 13, 2022
Munzy14:

Yea sure...Very fun when you have a mom or a sister or a wife/gf who does it very well, and doesn't see it as stress at the same time.

Of course. Umu nwaanyi shigburu onwe ha n'ike. cheesy

Munzy14:

That guy talk nonsense a lot...The akara is still 50naira per one here.. undecided

Them go come online, dey talk rubbish.. lipsrsealed

Akara I bought 2weeks ago here was 50naira per one.

You dey mind am?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See What Was Killed In My Compound Yesterday Evening! / Another Nigerian Lady Starts 200-Hour Snail-A-Thon In Style (Pix, Video) / See The Fish That I Bought For N800. (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.