Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves (716 Views)

Killing Only Son For Our Sin Instead Of Satan / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
"But the mercy of Jesus Christ Crucified *has overcome/prevailed over the condemnation/judgment our sins/weaknesses/limitations/faults deserves* ." Amen. (James 2:13)

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, andTHE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST HIS SON CLEANSETH US FROM ALL SIN." (1 John 1:7 kjv)

"If we confess our sins, He(Abbah Father) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9 kjv)

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy." (Romans 9:15-16 kjv)

"But YE are COME unto MOUNT ZION, and unto THE CITY OF THE LIVING GOD, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to GOD the JUDGE OF ALL, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to JESUS the MEDIATOR of the NEW COVENANT, and to the BLOOD OF SPRINKLING, that SPEAKETH BETTER THINGS than THAT OF ABEL." (Hebrews 12:22-24 kjv)

"Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." (Luke 6:36 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2022
May the Holy Spirit help and quicken us to manifest mercy towards our fellow human beings even as we obtain mercy from Abbah Our Father according to Luke 6:36 and 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
"But the mercy of Jesus Christ Crucified *has overcome/prevailed over the condemnation/judgment our sins/weaknesses/limitations/faults deserves* ." Amen. (James 2:13)

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, andTHE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST HIS SON CLEANSETH US FROM ALL SIN." (1 John 1:7 kjv)

"If we confess our sins, He(Abbah Father) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9 kjv)

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy." (Romans 9:15-16 kjv)

"But YE are COME unto MOUNT ZION, and unto THE CITY OF THE LIVING GOD, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to GOD the JUDGE OF ALL, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to JESUS the MEDIATOR of the NEW COVENANT, and to the BLOOD OF SPRINKLING, that SPEAKETH BETTER THINGS than THAT OF ABEL." (Hebrews 12:22-24 kjv)

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 kjv)

May the Holy Spirit help and quicken us to manifest mercy towards our fellow human beings even as we obtain mercy from Abbah Our Father according to Luke 6:36 and 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 in Jesus name. Amen.

Abbah My Father, I come to you this moment with a sincere heart seeking for mercy and forgiveness through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ Your Son, please wash me with the blood of Jesus, take away the old-nature/flesh permanently by my confession that I died to the old-life in union with Jesus death on the Cross of Calvary and became replaced by the New Creation Life of Jesus released on the Cross of Calvary after He said *It is Finished* and fill me with Your Holy Spirit who will begin to manifest the Life and Personality of Jesus Your Son through my whole being (spirit, soul and body) from one degree of glory and holiness towards a higher degree of glory and holiness in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but BY MY SPIRIT, saith the Lord of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
"Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it." (Zechariah 4:7 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." (Acts 1:8 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
"And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high." (Luke 24:49 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3:17-18 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:50pm On Mar 13, 2022
"Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." (1 Corintians 1:6-9 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2022
"For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2:19-21)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
"And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple." (Luke 24:25-27 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 4:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." (Luke 9:23 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2022
"Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you." (2 Cor. 4:10-12 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen." (Mark 16:15-20 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:18-10 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 5:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." (Romans 14:17 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by ochibuogwu5: 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2022
"Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart." (2 Timothy 2:22 kjv)
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by cornelboy(f): 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
Pls who's Jesus Christ, who's God?

1 Thessalonians 5:9
[9]For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us.
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by Emusan(m): 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2022
cornelboy:
Pls who's Jesus Christ,

Jesus is the man who died for the sins of the whole world.

who's God?

God is the Supreme Being: The Creator of Heavens and Earth.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
[9]For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us.

Is it clear to you now?
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by cornelboy(f): 11:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
Emusan:

Jesus is the man who died for the sins of the whole world.

God is the Supreme Being: The Creator of Heavens and Earth.

Is it clear to you now?

So who is greater Jesus or GOD the Father or are they both equal?

John 14:28
[28]Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am.
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by Emusan(m): 9:08am On Mar 14, 2022
cornelboy:
So who is greater Jesus or GOD the Father or are they both equal?

John 14:28
[28]Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am.

Answer to your question is just a straight forward.

God the Father is greater than the Man Jesus as you rightly quoted from that scripture.

Any more questions?
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by cornelboy(f): 9:38am On Mar 14, 2022
Emusan:

Answer to your question is just a straight forward.

God the Father is greater than the Man Jesus as you rightly quoted from that scripture.

Any more questions?
What about after Jesus ascension to heaven, did he become equal to God the Father?
Or has he been anytime equal to the Father?
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by Emusan(m): 9:50am On Mar 14, 2022
cornelboy:

What about after Jesus ascension to heaven, did he become equal to God the Father?

Jesus is still Man in heaven until He finished His mission and handed over to the Father "so that God will be ALL IN ALL" 1 Corinthians 15:28

Or has he been anytime equal to the Father?

Yes before He became flesh.

And He was not known as Jesus Christ!
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by cornelboy(f): 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
Emusan:

Jesus is still Man in heaven until He finished His mission and handed over to the Father "so that God will be ALL IN ALL" 1 Corinthians 15:28

Yes before He became flesh.

And He was not known as Jesus Christ!

Pls can you explain "Man" better cos flesh and blood can't enter the kingdom of heaven.
Only spirit beings are in heaven.

Support your claim that he was equal with the Father before he became flesh with Bible verses.

Why would Jesus be equal with his Father from the beginning and later lost his equality forever? Did he offend his Father or he was never equal with his GOD and Father?
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by Emusan(m): 10:18am On Mar 16, 2022
cornelboy:
Pls can you explain "Man" better cos flesh and blood can't enter the kingdom of heaven.
Only spirit beings are in heaven.

Resurrected Man is flesh and bone with power as Jesus proved to His disciples

Luke 24:39 "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

Besides, that verse is talking about this present sinful nature of ours, if not it'll also contradict JWs doctrine of living forever on paradise earth.

Abi God's kingdom won't extend to paradise earth again?

Support your claim that he was equal with the Father before he became flesh with Bible verses.

Let me just drop this one first

CEV: Christ was truly God. But he did not try to remain equal with God.

ERV: He was like God in every way, but he did not think that his being equal with God was something to use for his own benefit.

ICB: Christ himself was like God in everything. He was equal with God. But he did not think that being equal with God was something to be held on to.

MSG: He had equal status with God but didn’t think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what.

NLV: Jesus has always been as God is. But He did not hold to His rights as God.

OJB: Who, though existing in the demut of the mode of being of Elohim [His etzem or essential nature, Yn 1:1-2; 17:5], nevertheless Moshiach did not regard being equal with G-d as a thing to be seized [BERESHIS 3:5]
Phil 2:6

I have to bring in different translations so that you can fully understand what that verse is talking about.

Why would Jesus be equal with his Father from the beginning and later lost his equality forever?

Where did you read it from that He lost the equality?

Did he offend his Father or he was never equal with his GOD and Father?

This question should have been directed to you JWs that claimed, Jehovah killed his son in heaven and created another being that later became the killed Son.

You won't understand this now until we go further on this thread. cheesy grin cheesy grin wink
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by cornelboy(f): 11:50am On Mar 16, 2022
Resurrected Man is flesh and bone with power as Jesus proved to His disciples

Jesus contradicted himself when he said flesh and blood can't enter the kingdom of heaven Abi?
Jesus was indisputably transformed to spirit being when ascending into heaven.

Besides, that verse is talking about this present sinful nature of ours, if not it'll also contradict JWs doctrine of living forever on paradise earth.
Only the little flock are going to be with Jesus in his kingdom. The rest of the righteous one will live forever on.
Abi God's kingdom won't extend to paradise earth again?
God's kingdom will of course come to restore peace to earth. It will defeat human imperfect government and fufil the will of JEHOVAH for earth.
Where did you read it from that He lost the equality?

Is Jesus everything he's naturally or God made him to be so?
Where did he get the authority he has?
Who gave him his great name?
Can the son be greater than the Father?
Who appointed him to be the Messiah?
If Jesus didn't humble himself and claimed equality then he wouldn't be where he's today.
But the perfect Jesus humbled himself because he aware everything he got today was from the Father cheesy

Jesus will never misbehave like Satan the devil did or any other imperfect humans.

Let me just drop this one first
Okay
I have to bring in different translations so that you can fully understand what that verse is talking about.
Thanks

This question should have been directed to you JWs that claimed, Jehovah killed his son in heaven and created another being that later became the killed Son.

JWs don't believe anything not based on the Bible.
Wait where did you get this? Is it some kind of myth?

You won't understand this now until we go further on this thread.
Alright I'm willing to understand smiley
Emusan:

CEV: Christ was truly God. But he did not try to remain equal with God.

ERV: He was like God in every way, but he did not think that his being equal with God was something to use for his own benefit.

ICB: Christ himself was like God in everything. He was equal with God. But he did not think that being equal with God was something to be held on to.

MSG: He had equal status with God but didn’t think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what.

NLV: Jesus has always been as God is. But He did not hold to His rights as God.

OJB: Who, though existing in the demut of the mode of being of Elohim [His etzem or essential nature, Yn 1:1-2; 17:5], nevertheless Moshiach did not regard being equal with G-d as a thing to be seized [BERESHIS 3:5]
Phil 2:6

cheesy grin cheesy grin wink
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by Emusan(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
cornelboy:
Jesus contradicted himself when he said flesh and blood can't enter the kingdom of heaven Abi?

Jesus never contradicted Himself rather you're the one in confusion.

If Flesh and Blood can't enter the kingdom of heaven, how come the same kingdom will come to restore peace on earth where FLESH AND BLOOD will live?

It's evident you don't know what that verse is talking about.

Jesus was indisputably transformed to spirit being when ascending into heaven.

The same Jesus that his body can't be found according to Jws cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Only the little flock are going to be with Jesus in his kingdom. The rest of the righteous one will live forever on...earth

So, the rest of the righteous ones that will live forever on earth UNDER KINGDOM OF HEAVEN will be what

a) Spirit beings
b) Flesh and blood cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin

God's kingdom will of course come to restore peace to earth. It will defeat human imperfect government and fufil the will of JEHOVAH for earth.

That means Flesh and blood will surely enter God's Kingdom cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

If Jesus didn't humble himself and claimed equality then he wouldn't be where he's today.
But the perfect Jesus humbled himself because he aware everything he got today was from the Father cheesy

Jesus will never misbehave like Satan the devil did or any other imperfect humans.

You asked for a Bible verse where Jesus was said to be equal with God, I provided that, you couldn't counter them verse but jumping from pillar to post. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

JWs don't believe anything not based on the Bible.

Simply because you never know much about their doctrines.

Wait where did you get this? Is it some kind of myth?

That's the the teaching of your beloved organization, it choke you cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Alright I'm willing to understand

Let's go gradually then...
Re: Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves by cornelboy(f): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Lol I don't know, you seem to reason like a toddler.

Jesus never contradicted Himself rather you're the one in confusion.

Jesus never contradicted him and I'm not in confusion but you are the one that lacks knowledge.

If Flesh and Blood can't enter the kingdom of heaven, how come the same kingdom will come to restore peace on earth where FLESH AND BLOOD will live?

You sound like a person with small brain, a toddler.
Is there any verses in the scriptures that says beings in heaven can't come to earth?
You don't believe Jesus is coming back to earth in his glory?

1 Thessalonians 4:16
[16]For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves.

It's evident you don't know what that verse is talking about.

It's obvious you don't know what you are saying.

The same Jesus that his body can't be found according to Jws cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
According to JWs or according to the Bible?

So, the rest of the righteous ones that will live forever on earth UNDER KINGDOM OF HEAVEN will be what

a) Spirit beings
b) Flesh and blood
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin
Adam the first man was flesh and blood.
Everyone that would remain on earth will be flesh and blood, physical beings.

That means Flesh and blood will surely enter God's Kingdom
They can't only spirit beings live in heaven.

You asked for a Bible verse where Jesus was said to be equal with God, I provided that, you couldn't counter them verse but jumping from pillar to post

Judge yourself, is Jesus equal to his Father?

Simply because you never know much about their doctrines.
Present them here let's examine it

That's the the teaching of your beloved organization, it choke you
Can you quote it from any of watchtower articles or JW materials?

Let's go gradually then.
I de here
Emusan:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin :
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Togolese Pastor Who Always Wears Ladies Heels (photos) / Do Something Better With Your “tithes” / Anikulapo Actor: “I Will Open A Church If I Had The Akala Powers" (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.