Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. (6332 Views)

B15 Corps Members Verify Your Details On Nysc Website + Treatment of Complaints / Latest :report To Boko Haram States By Force, NYSC Tells Corps Members / Boycotting Nysc Camp In Boko Haram 'states (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by mamasani: 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2011
Borno or any other so called Boko Haram states have more then twenty local govts. Have you heard of violence in any town apart from maiduguri? Have you heard of any corp member killed? There is a university a cosmopolitan one for that matter in the whole of Nigeria there, have you heard of any student molested by Boko Haram there? Pls stop being sentimental and face facts. The northerners too, hear stories about the south since the inception of NYSC but they still go. Are you saying northerners do not die there, when God says its there time?
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by folakeojo(f): 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2011
mamasani:

Borno or any other so called Boko Haram states have more then twenty local govts. Have you heard of violence in any town apart from maiduguri? Have you heard of any corp member killed? There is a university a cosmopolitan one for that matter in the whole of Nigeria there, have you heard of any student molested by Boko Haram there? Pls stop being sentimental and face facts. The northerners too, hear stories about the south since the inception of NYSC but they still go. Are you saying northerners do not die there, when God says its there time?

the highlighted was a bit uncalled for. makes it look as if u r saying those that died in the north as a result of violence died cos God said it was their time.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Stallion84(m): 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2011
My sincere advice to any one posted to all these Boko state is,, DO NOT GO!!!!!
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2011
mamasani:

pls just dont come with that crap line of reasoning that God said it's there time to be hacked down by bloody murderers, would u pray God for such 'destiny' for ur family member or son? @those posted there observe these tips.> if u have to go, just be there for d 3weeks orientation camp, and dont u dare try any mammy market escapade, even in army baracks. >after camp, pull off ur corper uniform and dress local, dont mingle, get to ur place of assignment, meet ur zonal inspector and explain ur families anxiety about ur safety, he sure will understand, and in return tell him to take 50% of ur allowance for monthly clearance. Collect his phone no. Thats all. Next, pack ur bags and come home, if u can afford it, fly, otherwise, travel by road, without wearing ur corper uniform. I share ur worries, was once in ur shoes, though a bit safe then. GODLUCK!
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by femeluaka(m): 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2011
life first,everyother thing comes afterwards
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by campbell05: 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2011
Can you Imagine Since the days of GEJ in office our country has suffered numerous attack from Boko Haram. There's an ongoing tension in some northern states gradually spreading across the nation as Boko Haram plans more attack! Must we SIT and pretend nothing is happening while our beloved brothers and sisters been sent to boko Haram own states for so called NYSC.  this shows how porous the security outfits are, different cases of xplosions had rocked even military markets,no intelligence report was ever issued! The SSS and other security operatives are busy eating nkwobi and pepper soup, I still question the competency of GEJ, this is a major concern and has to be addressed. GEJ has shown several traces of weakness to this issue. WHY CAN'T THE NORTHERNERS SERVE IN NORTH, SOUTHERNERS SERVE IN SOUTH AND OTHER GEOGRAPHICAL AREA RESPECTIVELY
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2011
@Poster,
You said graduates posted to Boko aram states should register here as if you want to use the list to fight a case for them. Are u going to print out all these comments of arguement as your the list? Instead of all these arguements, these are the things I think these graduates can do:

1. Organize yourselves and carry out a peaceful protest at the NYSC office asking them to repost you
2. Write a letter to the president copying the senate, house of reps (even your constituency representatives) and NYSC stating your grievances. Writing in strong terms how bad you feel being posted to a viotent state without adequate security provided.
3. write an open letter to the president and NYSC using the National dailies about your grievances

If they assure you of safety, do not agree unless they abide by some conditions you will give them. Give them these conditions which must met before you accept your posting[/b]
1. They MUST first of all bring to book all those involved in the killing of some corp members during the post election violence
2. They should operate a life insurance scheme for all corp members which should be fully beared by the govt

Tell them you will not accept the posting if these conditions are not met, instead, they should repost you to your states of origin
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by yinkkus: 12:32am On Jul 02, 2011
I got my call up letter today . i was posted to kwara . whoever that is posted to boko haram strong hold at north east may relocate or if you won't God is your strength.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Outstrip(f): 3:57am On Jul 02, 2011
Do you have to do the NYSC if you are working in the private sector? Are private businesses forced to only hire those who do and if they are is it constitutional to force a private business to not hire a grauduate who refused do the NYSC? Just curious
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by obataala(m): 4:16am On Jul 02, 2011
I got mine yester and i've been designated to katsina. If i were to go whats the distance and route like from Warri,Delta State and what would my travel plans look like especially not been to any part of the north before. Or i may see how a redeployment antics goes.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by deluxecad(m): 6:07am On Jul 02, 2011
I simply advise that all the corps members whose call-up letters read: Bauchi, Bornu, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Plateau should come together either physically(if possible) or just pool together written petitions electronically and any of you in Lagos or Abuja should take it to a sound legal luminary like Femi Falana, Festus Keyamo or Olisa Agbakoba citing insecurity and predisposition to death. The NYSC or FG will surely return to their senses. It's so insensitive of the FG and the authorities of the NYSC to have still deployed defenseless young graduates to hostile and/or volatile communities. We are just too emotional and forgetful in this country, just in April, barely two months ago we were crying buckets of tears over our youths that were senselessly slaughtered and burned during and after the elections and now another batch is being dispatched to the same soil that licked the blood of their predecessors! It's insensitive and unfeeling!! It's unthinkable and outrageous to have even been conceived in the first instance. This crazy and thoughtless move by the NYSC must be stopped and now!!!s over our youths that were senselessly slaughtered and burned during and after the elections and now another batch is being dispatched to the same soil that licked the blood of their predecessors! It's insensitive and unfeeling!! It's unthinkable and outrageous to have even been conceived in the first instance. This crazy and thoughtless move by the NYSC must be stopped and now!!!
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Esinwaju: 7:10am On Jul 02, 2011
WHAT!!! I mean, like seriously, WHAT THE F? Are the people at the helm of affairs regarding this deployement thing not aware of recent occurences in Borno state or do they live and work outside the shores of the country?
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Esinwaju: 7:10am On Jul 02, 2011
WHAT!!! I mean, like seriously, WHAT THE F? Are the people at the helm of affairs regarding this deployement thing not aware of recent occurences in Borno state or do they live and work outside the shores of the country?
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by daroz(m): 8:21am On Jul 02, 2011
One of my younger brother is being posted to Kaduna. Can somebody tell what is the security report there? I am really worried. He intend to leave tomoro.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by lakefist(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2011
dont worry ur parents will share ur 5million naira after u av gone, wishing all corpers posted to d boko haram state safe trip to heaven.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by oladayo042: 9:06am On Jul 02, 2011
deluxecad:

I simply advise that all the corps members whose call-up letters read: Bauchi, Bornu, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Plateau should come together either physically(if possible) or just pool together written petitions electronically and any of you in Lagos or Abuja should take it to a sound legal luminary like Femi Falana, Festus Keyamo or Olisa Agbakoba citing insecurity and predisposition to death. The NYSC or FG will surely return to their senses. It's so insensitive of the FG and the authorities of the NYSC to have still deployed defenseless young graduates to hostile and/or volatile communities. We are just too emotional and forgetful in this country, just in April, barely two months ago we were crying buckets of tears over our youths that were senselessly slaughtered and burned during and after the elections and now another batch is being dispatched to the same soil that licked the blood of their predecessors! It's insensitive and unfeeling!! It's unthinkable and outrageous to have even been conceived in the first instance. This crazy and thoughtless move by the NYSC must be stopped and now!!!
Just my thought. In addition, they should start writing articles/opinions and send them to different newspapers for publication (cost no dime). Open a facebook page with "Corpers Reject Death" or something similar. [s]Only if Nigeria is like US, they would be meeting their representatives by now[/s].
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by mamasani: 10:46am On Jul 02, 2011
All so myopic and jittery. If posted, just go. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU. What about the southerners studying in the University of Maiduguri? Are they killed? Boko Haram has issues with the govt and are attaking govt security agencies. Since the deployment of soldiers to the state, nothing has been heard of the of the boko haram. It took the attack on the police h/q in Abuja to wake the security agencies up to their responsibilities. They should be cautioned of extrajudicial killings, though.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by sleek29(m): 11:39am On Jul 02, 2011
i was posted to yobe and i'm not going to a state that's close to boko haram headquaters, i pity some who were posted to borno and are planning to go, i have decided to leave this geographical expression called nigeria, masters on my mind, Tsiga should send his kids there angry
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by swiftycool(m): 11:57am On Jul 02, 2011
@mamasan i served Kano & d illitertate people had dis notion dat corpers were some of d people eating their money, being paid by govt. 4 doing nothing as we were not given anything to do in most LGs. The people actually charged corpers higher 4 services and secretly hated our guts as govt representative taking their jobs & money in their land hence were ready to pounce on us at any presented opportunity! Rememba d last 10 Bauchi corpers were killed IN A POLICE STATION. what more security can govt provide?
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Efehiaea(f): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2011
I think d SUG of various university shud organise a kind of protest 4 those posted 2 borno. D serving corpers der ar saying they are not safe n u want 2 join them. U guyz shud march down 2 NTA n let d govt knw u are not going!
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Dansy(f): 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2011
Pls, cover u head. Ur family need u .ur family comes first before Nigeria
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Kk4(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2011
They postd me to taraba, pls,is there Boko haram zone!?
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
I got my letter yesterday and I'm being posted to Abia - its really scary leaving west to a foreign land even the fact that my GF and I are being separated - she is being posted to Kebbi, what is it like there? Is it safe? Looking on the map its far north-west, seems like a desert-encroaching/low-profile/backward state to me. I'd like to hear your views about Abia and Kebbi and how 're-deployment' works since people posted to Jigawa, Maiduguri, Borno, Bauchi, Taraba and co mentioned it and I didn't get it really. Thank you.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 03, 2011
I hate the corper program for real.
Having NO CHOICE in what I do with my life and WHERE I wish to go sounds crappy.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Reanaa: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2011
To be honest any graduate posted to to north and and she/ he goes there in the name of serving an insensitive father's land is not only ignorant but also ignorant of his/ her right to living and will be aswerable to God for his/her life if found missing. what the hell is this NYSC Certificate that millions of graduates canot even find a job with it after passing thru those jungles.
Come to talk of it, what are the activities of all these HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVISTS? What is the purpose of SUG and NANS or it is jus to collect dues and shy away from their responsibilities? why cant these Bodies speak up in one Voice and reject these injustice done to our belove graduates who suffer in enemy's land in course of service to father land? . I never felt the seriousness of ths north killings till my causin came back June,narrated how he escaped from those miscrants over their in Gombe. Pls beloved brothers and sisters, ur live is worth more than five million for goodness sake dont trade with it. To before warned is to before armed.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by bigdoki(m): 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
is adamawa a bokoharam state
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by otiigba1(m): 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2011
why would anyone in their right mind want to work for the blood goverment that dont care about peoples life? did they not learn from previous incidents all that massacre
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by otiigba1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2011
this youth corps bu"llshit is it by force? why cant they quit? for their dear lifer, eh!
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by 2sign: 12:46am On Jul 04, 2011
Also posted 2 bornu and my enemies know i'm not goin esp afta d blast of yestaday.
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by superior1: 10:36am On Jul 04, 2011
Let me repeat to you guys what I have said on a similar topic
If Boko Haram is bent on beating fears into the very hearts of all Nigerians and their philosophical bases is that Western Education is Bad, How best can they send a better message than detonating bombs in the orientation camp?. Does NYSC not represent the climax of what they said is not good?, Is there adequate security measures in place when police headquarters was blown at their will?.

Let me make it simple, only the living will collect NYSC certificate and if I were in your shoes, I will simply return the NYSC Certificate to their Secretariat and hope to be called up for a better posting in November.

I don talk my own
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by oluite(f): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2011
mamasani:

All so myopic and jittery. If posted, just go. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU. What about the southerners studying in the University of Maiduguri? Are they killed? Boko Haram has issues with the govt and are attaking govt security agencies. Since the deployment of soldiers to the state, nothing has been heard of the of the boko haram. It took the attack on the police h/q in Abuja to wake the security agencies up to their responsibilities. They should be cautioned of extrajudicial killings, though.
Seriously?Well i for one haven't forgotten what happened during the just concluded elections,some corpers lost their lives in a Police station!Then the insensitively of the government and NYSC.I remember clearly the shocking report of the Bauchi State governor saying it's their destiny!
Like superior said ONLY THE LIVING WILL COLLECT NYSC CERTIFICATE, Is your life equivalent to 5 million naira?
The fact that young people are sent to these states just some few months after the loss of lives of corpers shows GROSS INSENSITIVITY on the part of government and NYSC as a whole.That other young people are actually considering going to these states?i simply cannot comprehend!
Re: Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. by Yababoy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2011
I served some 7 years ago and I understand the plight of those posted to these states especially Borno. I initiated a BB message that has been circulating to gather opinion against these postings, the message is below. Kindly send to friends on your BB messenger, mail box etc. until it gets to those that matters. This is grossly wrong and we must stand together against it.

I am amazed that the NYSC officials still had guts to send young graduates to serve in Borno. The whole of Nigeria is aware of the organized bombings by the Boko Haram of any form of institution or activities that they think run afoul of their belief.

The NYSC as an institution is obviously not immune from these bombings just like every other Government institution. These guys were able to Bomb the Federal Police HQ, talk less of a school(Camp) protected by some members of the Nigeria Army(less than a third of them will carry guns).

Please lets stand against this stupid, insincere and apathetic act of the NYSC rank and file in the name of federal character, who must have ensured that their own wards and families were posted to either Abuja or Lagos.

If you support this cause, add your name to this broadcast and send to everyone on your BB list. If you work in a media house, let it be known that this is not fair on these youths, we cannot afford to send them to their deaths and give their parents a token 5,000,000 Naira again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#5000 Complete Camp Kits | NYSC Batch A 2018 / Ex-corpers May Receive Allawee In Arrears, See Official Breakdown / NYSC Portal For 2020 'Batch A' Registration Now Open..!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.