Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State (47387 Views)

Pictures Of Muhammed Buhari International Airport, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State / One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by valemtech(m): 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
OyiboUgbo04:
Unwana Beach Afikpo
My hometown

4 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by PrinceOfLagos: 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
South east ain't landlocked afterall

10 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
Many of the Ebonyi people go still traced their roots to the North.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by TRAY2(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Home sweet home, my home town is beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by ppogba: 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
I watched a documentary on Ebonyi state on Channels today and I must say Dave Umahi is grossly under rated.

11 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Techm8: 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nice
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by wiseone28: 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ebonyi state that natural water runs everywhere

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by kiddkash(m): 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
OyiboUgbo04:
Unwana Beach Afikpo, Ebonyi State
i bu onye akeze?
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
What a Beauty to behold.
This alone can lure foreigners to Nigeria, but Insecurity has become a pain in the neck.
We travel to visit MOUNTAINOUS Areas in the United States & Canada.

Why won't this do same.?
We have relegated Nigeria to the worst abyss

6 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by jaszplus12(m): 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
OyiboUgbo04:
Unwana Beach Afikpo, Ebonyi State
wwoooowww Nostalgia hits me hard!! i was in this state for a long time during my stay in Nigeria and i visited this very beach!! Scenes of low lying land and high hung cliffs...i saw children dive into water from those sand cliffs as they went digging up sand for their mothers and families.
i really had a great time there, friends from that area still contact me and i truly appreciate their friendly disposition. say hello to them for me please cheesy

15 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Awkabigboy: 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ladiesdoctor:
Many of the Ebonyi people go still traced their roots to the North.

Why, do you even know the location of Ebonyi lol.even Anambra and enugu are closer to the north than ebonyi, in Anambra we have igalas even
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Proudlyomonna: 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
Blessed Land.
Igbo Amaka.

5 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Badb0y4lyf(m): 8:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ebonyi is just relegated and doesn't even come up in the news
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
I've been to NDIBE BEACH through afikpo. There you'll see some very industrious women scooping sand outta the beach for tipper drivers to convey to builders.

A lovely serene sight to behold.

7 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Isobug: 8:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Op when I was in Calabar we use to follow water ways from Calabar to Afikpo. The other side is Abi LGA, where former governor Imoke hails from,they're also considered Igbo. Infact most people from cross River and Akwa ibom State who school at Akanu Ibiam federal polytechnic follow through there . Most logs of woods from Cameroon also arrive to the south east from there. It's a huge channel for different activities
You know the place well

3 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by marsman: 8:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
tongue
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by thatigboman1: 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
NoFucksToGive:
Never been to that state but thes eoictures just made me want to... Bro you should start a blog, you have a way of making places look enticing... Seriously you have talent bro

Well done
when u visit ebonyi, try and visit afikpo ndibe beach. A wonder

5 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by boyfrank: 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
OyiboUgbo, u are doing well. I noticed you have been travelling round the east and showing awesome places. Keep up the good work

11 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by RecessionistPMB: 8:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
Op, I suggest your next visit should be okposi salt lake called "Mmahi Ezi". It's another God's marvelous creature to behold! That's where the Ebonyi's "Salt of the Nation" originated.

13 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by thatigboman1: 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Op when I was in Calabar we use to follow water ways from Calabar to Afikpo. The other side is Abi LGA, where former governor Imoke hails from,they're also considered Igbo. Infact most people from cross River and Akwa ibom State who school at Akanu Ibiam federal polytechnic follow through there . Most logs of woods from Cameroon also arrive to the south east from there. It's a huge channel for different activities
I was told same thing. My friend say when they were young, the used to enter boat from ndibe beach afikpo to calabar. So what happened? Why don't they travel by the river these days?

4 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Tomek09(m): 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2022
uniquetechng:
What of the mud houses roofed with thatch and palm fronds
That was in 16th century and you don't expect them to still be in existence in this modern and advanced age.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Malory: 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tomek09:
God bless Igboland.
God bless SouthEast.
God bless Nigeria.
God bless us bro. Will you attend the inauguration on 17th?

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by pmc01(m): 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Tell me more about this channel please, maybe it will help in transporting goods
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Ournolly: 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nice.
Thanks for sharing, bro.
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
gurujoe:
South East and South South are blessed I can't say anything about other zones
why r you guys like this?

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by ThickSharon123(f): 8:32pm On Mar 14, 2022
South East is the richest, fertile, landscape alluring and most industrious place in Nigeria. And when I mean industrious I don't mean government help like some would be holding shoulders here. I mean almost every person in the south east want to give a service.

5 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by DSC7: 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
God Blessed Ebonyi state.....

God Bless Nigeria.....

#SaltOfTheNation to the world....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Photos Of Mooro Bridge In Kwara State Where Many Crawl To Pass / BBNaija: Corper Efe During His NYSC Days In Anambra (Throwback Photo) / Nigerian Man Dies In Motor Accident Two Days After His Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.