Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State (47391 Views)

Pictures Of Muhammed Buhari International Airport, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State / One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by ekesol: 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
OyiboUgbo04:
Unwana Beach Afikpo

I thought they said South east is landlocked?
Rubbish people.

3 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by streetsoldier1(m): 8:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
gurujoe:
South East and South South are blessed I can't say anything about other zones

yea....because u are a bigot...africa is the best blessed among the continents...Every aspect/Zone and parts of Nigeria is richly blessed

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Datikwerreboi(m): 8:39pm On Mar 14, 2022
thatigboman1:
I was told same thing. My friend say when they were young, the used to enter boat from ndibe beach afikpo to calabar. So what happened? Why don't they travel by the river these days?
They still do. They need speed boats the more. It will greatly cut the journey by the road
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Datikwerreboi(m): 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
pmc01:

Tell me more about this channel please, maybe it will help in transporting goods
Where are you moving your goods from and to where ? People in the other side of the River, ABI LGA do go to Afikpo to buy goods and load them on the boat to be transported to them. I know cross River to an extent . So it is something people have been doing .
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Tomek09(m): 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
Awkabigboy:
This is so nice . Its quite beautiful lalasticlala and mynd44
@lalasticlala abeg ooo
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by salt1: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Beautiful scenes
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by YourRealSon(m): 8:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
That beach looks more like a lake
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by SonOfTheRisingS: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Biafra would have been the voice of black race on earth had Ukraine/Soviet Union terrorist herdsmen allowed Biafra be from 1970 till date.

FreeMaziNnamdiKanuNow

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by ppogba: 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
ekesol:

I thought they said South east is landlocked?
Rubbish people.

Why don't you check the meaning when they say a place is " landlocked" first?

Some African countries are landlocked and it is not because people or geographers hate them.

The more you look at things with ethnic binoculars, the more stupid you portray yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by EngineerOloye: 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
The hight of tribalism and nepotism on this platform is very disturbing. It a pointer that there is much reeducationing to be done, and that as it is, a colonial master could still exploit us, pitching us against each other for something in exchange.
That said, I've been to the beach and although it didn't meet my expectations of a beach, I appreciated that the locals loved and valued it, which made me do so as well.
Also took a few pictures, but seeing these, I know I need a better phone.

4 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Charly68: 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nigeria is a rich country.. look at the vegetation.. coastal land.. resources dey there plenty
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by rippa(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
OyiboUgbo04:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jTm9eHfUOE

Ebonyi State is blessed with lots of beautiful attractions like Lakes, waterfalls, rivers, caves and breathtaking hills, what most people don't know is that the state is also bless with beautiful and stunning beaches along the river cross.. While traveling through some of the communities in Afikpo I stoped by to enjoy the beautiful scenery that these beaches presents... When you visit Enjoy, don't forget to explore these places..
Rivers and sea full Edo state o...na just bad govt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Sheggy13(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tomek09:

Lol

Yorubas are always in competition with Igbos and I don't know why cheesy cheesy

People like you know how to look for trouble and later cry out as victims. Only you two posts in quick succession about no brown roof and Yoruba competing with you, even when no Yoruba person had tried to derail or comment on the thread. It's obvious you're goading and pre-empting them and when they give you want you want, you start calling the mods. Learn to be mature and live above this puerile tribalistic nonsense you guys do on this forum.

8 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Putinofrussia: 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tomek09:

Lol

Maybe because 11 million Igbos have fled to Yorubaland and more are still in a long queue to escape to Yorubaland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by staga: 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Op when I was in Calabar we use to follow water ways from Calabar to Afikpo. The other side is Abi LGA, where former governor Imoke hails from,they're also considered Igbo. Infact most people from cross River and Akwa ibom State who school at Akanu Ibiam federal polytechnic follow through there . Most logs of woods from Cameroon also arrive to the south east from there. It's a huge channel for different activities

It would interest you to know that the Nigerian Navy has an outpost around that area.
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by harmony75: 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Beautiful landscape �
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Almaigaa: 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2022
mrvitalis:
Please south east us barren n useless ...ooh
Stop showing them all this so they can allow us have our Biafra and suffer abeg

See as you dey Celebrate the 4 Igbo ancestral States. grin grin
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by porthouse7(f): 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ebonyi can never have beach.... not geographically possible
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by pmc01(m): 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Where are you moving your goods from and to where ? People in the other side of the River, ABI LGA do go to Afikpo to buy goods and load them on the boat to be transported to them. I know cross River to an extent . So it is something people have been doing .

From Cameroon to Onitsha
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by TUTU147: 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tomek09:

Lol

Positive competition, that is how country grow not competition to bring others down.Igbos and yoruba are progressive kind of people.
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by geokay777(m): 10:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Another Tribal war between two tribes loading. Just wait they will soon land. grin grin
Already in existence bro, it's been ongoing for decades especially between the Erei people of Biase local government of Crossriver state and Nguzu dwellers of Ebonyi state.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Igbodicool(m): 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tomek09:
God bless Igboland.
God bless SouthEast.
God bless Nigeria.
God bless Igbo Nation.
God bless Republic of Biafra.
God bless Africa.
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by majatech(m): 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
gurujoe:
South East and South South are blessed I can't say anything about other zones

Goan be deceiving ur selves,wey beach? Just 2 jokers by the green river ebonyi,DAT place na dredge dem dredge am.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by EmmyNorse(m): 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
beautiful place to visit indeed, my town is blessed with milk and honey.
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by Christistruth00: 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nice

God really blessed Nigeria
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by lexy2014: 11:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
OyiboUgbo04:
Unwana Beach

These are good sites. Very nice. Are the aerial pictures drone pictures?
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by uniquetechng: 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tomek09:

That was in 16th century and you don't expect them to still be in existence in this modern and advanced age.
They're still there, we went to my friends wife's place in Enugu recently for their traditional marriage and yeah the mud houses were plenty inside the villages.
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by studentwriter(m): 11:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
RacistProudIgbo:
From Ocean to River, we have it all.

God bless Igbos and their cousins.
which ocean or abi you want start wahala abi
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:03am On Mar 15, 2022
Landlocked crew don vanish
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:03am On Mar 15, 2022
Why not focus on yours and let him be.. you are the one who wants to start wahala..I'm ready sha

studentwriter:
which ocean or abi you want start wahala abi
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:04am On Mar 15, 2022
after all done and said...inconsequential

majatech:

Goan be deceiving ur selves,wey beach? Just 2 jokers by the green river ebonyi,DAT place na dredge dem dredge am.
Re: The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:05am On Mar 15, 2022
Park tippers of rocks and come and cement what you can see... Talk about your own

porthouse7:
Ebonyi can never have beach.... not geographically possible

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Photos Of Mooro Bridge In Kwara State Where Many Crawl To Pass / BBNaija: Corper Efe During His NYSC Days In Anambra (Throwback Photo) / Nigerian Man Dies In Motor Accident Two Days After His Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.