Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. (60208 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" / How I Was Denied Employment By Prudential Guards Limited (PGL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by slimghost(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
openmine:

grin
I made no sense to you because you were either not comprehending properly or chose to argue over nothing which is not my fault!

Lol
You just argue for nothing just to convince yourself that you are trying to make a point!
You have worked in 3 or four companies doesn't suggest that every other company uses those permissible policies on dress code!
If you had perused properly my earlier comments,I said every company is different with what is permissible or allowed based on the kind of clients the employee will engage or the way and manner they want their employee to look like!
I also know of banks and manufacturing companies where the employee is on a strict dress code or attire!
If the employee doesn't fit in due to their personal preference for a particular attire or dressing,the person has an option to quit instead of protesting like you as if you are the owner of the company!

grin
Look at this one? What a hapless joker!
So the company will come and tell you their dress code or attire when they have other prospective employees that are well dressed,ready and well informed about the company's dress code?
You should have also asked them that you would like to choose the kind of questions they are suppose to ask you during a job interview because na your parents get the company! grin

No matter your talent or skills,personality and dress code comes first before others are even considered....thats the policy of the company!
You may not like it...thats fine...no one put a gun to your head to dress how they want....thats why you can go and try out with other companies who will accept you wearing anything you like!
Its that simple!

I don't even care because I don't wear them!
However,thats not the issue here so let's not deviate!
The bone of contention is that the company says they do not permit leg chain....if your company allows such,you can get her contact and ask your company to employ her!
Very simple!
Finding the difference is irrelevant with respect to the topic!

Don't pour your frustration at me!
I am not the owner of the company or the department head that is in charge of dress codes in company!
Direct your grievances to the right quarters!
Very simple!

I have been engaging an unexposed kid all along. Smh
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Tonytonex(m): 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
Easyincome24:
What could be wrong disqualifying a lady in a job interview for wearing a leg chain?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JojoNitq/status/1502744937007300620
You go and employ her na, since nothing is wrong. Serves her right.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Aaay: 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
Good
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Maximus85(m): 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Earrings were also used for slaves and bracelets were used in rituals too. Why do people still wear them today?

You have a brain that should be able to understand that no matter what these articles may have been used to signify, it's only a matter of perception and nothing makes them bad. Avoiding it should be based on enhancing public interaction with any social group that believes otherwise (usually associated with underdeveloped, overly spiritual societies). It's just a question of it being appropriate in a particular setting or people perceiving it to be too casual for a professional space. It is extremely stupid to accuse someone of being a sex worker or having a bad character because of a physical thing like an anklet which has nothing to do with sex unless you're just brainwashed to the extent you couldn't think for yourself anymore.

Yes i have a brain, i guess you have too. If its working.... Its up to you sir
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by openmine(m): 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
[s]
slimghost:

I have been engaging an unexposed kid all along. Smh
[/s]
grin grin
I made my points while expecting a matured response instead you resorted to spew balderdash online just to confirm your apparent idi.ocy!
If you had an ounce of content left in that humongous head that your shoulder carries in discomfort, you would have countered my comments rather than engaging in childish tantrums as if i stole your lollipop! tongue tongue
Well i expected nothing less from a benighted fella! cool cool
Empty barrels make the loudest noise! cheesy cheesy
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Testimony1988(m): 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
1Sharon:

And where is that in your Bible?
1 Peter 3:3-4 (KJV) Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by erico2k2(m): 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
AbujaCitiBlog:

Ignorant Bushman! Dullard Lesbian apologist!
My thoughts exactly, Bush man like me lives in a concrete Jungle, town man like you live in a muddy jungle, cant you see how clever you are!
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by erico2k2(m): 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
Testimony1988:
1 Peter 3:3-4 (KJV) Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
How does that castigate this woman in question, please ask yourself what was the gift the 3 wise men gave to baby Jesus??
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by erico2k2(m): 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
Munzy14:

Going for an Interview, just dress for it...You can decide to wear whatever you like after that.

I just don't like the leg chain thing...Even it is a fashion stuffs, I still won't buy the idea.
You just said, you just do not like the leg chain, so too some people do not like nose piercing or body art. But that's your own personal opinion, where I work if you for any reason sack, harass or make a derogatory remark cos of how a person appears or dressed of which does not brake Rules and Regs, you will be almost sacked if not suspended!
IN certain places for health and safety reasons you are required to dress i n certain ways that I can understand wearing lose clothing to where you got loads of turning machines. or wearing your hair long in a food servicing coy etc, that I can understand, her wearing a leg chain is not going to brake health and safety regulation or put anyone at risk

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Testimony1988(m): 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
erico2k2:

How does that castigate this woman in question, please ask yourself what was the gift the 3 wise men gave to baby Jesus??
The verse is both application to men including women, because they presented gifts of gold to baby Jesus does not mean we are to make use of them, the verse I posted should give you a clear understanding.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by DeLaker(m): 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
Religion has scattered some peoples head I swear, or I’d say ignorance, what does how one choose to appear have to do with their ability to perform their assigned chores… things like this matters only in Nigeria, smh!
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Semaj77(m): 10:26pm On Mar 16, 2022
N2B2:

All these insults because a girl you don't know wore an anklet? You need to look in a mirror and re-evaluate your life.

Anklets are simple ornaments, like rings, necklaces, etc. People have been wearing them long before your forefathers were born.

So would you cast your vote for a presidential candidate who campaigns with a dyed mohawk , several piercings on the face and body covered with tattoos from head to toe . Or would you accept that kind of person as a pastor or prophet ?
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by TheSourcerer: 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2022
Dominatrix:
Lol so many ignorant folks in this dead country ... I haven't seen any arrested rapist,murderers,kidnapper or ritualists in dreads or anklets /waist chains. They all look "responsible" can someone please tell them to dress appropriately undecided .
Bunch of sh*tty stupid comments on this thread. undecided
The average Nigerian has an IQ of 70 smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Dominatrix(f): 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2022
TheSourcerer:
The average Nigerian has an IQ of 70 smiley

WOW!!! You are so generous my friend grin
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by TheSourcerer: 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2022
Dominatrix:

WOW!!! You are so generous my friend grin
so a dominatrix ?
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Dominatrix(f): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2022
TheSourcerer:
so a dominatrix ?

*ssshh* wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by TheSourcerer: 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
Dominatrix:

*ssshh* wink
Sister is one too. Fun. Hey I'll tag you somewhere
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Dominatrix(f): 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Sister is one too. Fun. Hey I'll tag you somewhere

Hmmmmmmmm, interesting! wink

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by TheSourcerer: 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
Dominatrix:

Hmmmmmmmm, interesting! wink
Have you seen the thread I tagged you in ?
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Dominatrix(f): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Have you seen the thread I tagged you in ?

Erm...Nope, haven't seen it yet...
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by TheSourcerer: 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
Dominatrix:

Erm...Nope, haven't seen it yet...
how about now?
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Dominatrix(f): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2022
TheSourcerer:
how about now?

I must really suck at navigating through NL threads... angry
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by TheSourcerer: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2022
Dominatrix:

I must really suck at navigating through NL threads... angry
lol okay here ,

https://www.nairaland.com/7014729/happy-pictures-remember-smile
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Dominatrix(f): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by kokomilala(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2022
Everything is wrong in that sense,ambience and environment. Your friend refused to imbibe home training.She failed to develop herself as far as etiquettes go.She also failed to comport herself fashion-wise.
The young people of this age are at liberties with too much nonsense and rubbish.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Meerahbel: 9:43am On Sep 14, 2023
shocked
Bigredmachine:
What has a leg chain got to do with the job, was the question... Now the answer is... What is the work of the leg chain on the leg...

I have come to a conclusion that many people don't have any tangible reasons as to why they do some certain things in this life, because u see other people do it, u too just want to do it...

If for example my friend who is a musician tints his hair, pierce his ear and draws tattoo on his body (just to promote his hustle) and because it looks good on him, then me an aspiring banker or a medical doctor should i now go and do same, just because it looks good... Anyway I digress

This empty skull headed girl, would see it as normal and something accepted by the general public...

Am happy she did not get the Job... Cause her appearance has already showed she's irresponsible...
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Bigredmachine: 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2023
Meerahbel:
shocked

What's amazing you angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Available Engineering Jobs 2016 / Nigeria Bottling Company Aptitude Test Invite / Is This Pure Act Of Slavery Or Real Job Vacancy? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.