Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. (60254 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" / How I Was Denied Employment By Prudential Guards Limited (PGL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Bigredmachine: 5:47am On Mar 15, 2022
greatseed:
I bet you will have to buy a gun for the next generation. I see Naija loosing grip over morals daily! Especially by the youths.

Lolz what can I do... Am powerless... All I can do is grumble at what I hate, cos I can't really stop them... It's their life anyway, so long as it is in no way affecting me directly
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by bonnyhope: 5:47am On Mar 15, 2022
Bigredmachine:
What has a leg chain got to do with the job, was the question... Now the answer is... What is the work of the leg chain on the leg...

I have come to a conclusion that many people don't have any tangible reasons as to why they do some certain things in this life, because u see other people do it, u too just want to do it...

If for example my friend who is a musician tints his hair, pierce his ear and draws tattoo on his body (just to promote his hustle) and because it looks good on him, then me an aspiring banker or a medical doctor should i now go and do same, just because it looks good... Anyway I digress

This empty skull headed girl, would see it as normal and something accepted by the general public...

Am happy she did not get the Job... Cause her appearance has already showed she's irresponsible...

Gbam!!!

So many irresponsible people around

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by maybet081: 5:49am On Mar 15, 2022
Chyjoey:

Your argument makes no sense, Sir.
There is nothing inherently wrong with her choice of accessory, and it in no way portrays irresponsibility.

This is just a reflection of how overly conservative our culture is. She, for better or worse, should have been wary of this.
I wouldn’t deny someone a job based on a relatively insignificant accessory like a leg chain. But to each their own.

She wasn’t wrong. She is just in the midst of cultural cavemen.
she is irresponsible and any woman that wears leg chain is irresponsible too, your grammar canot change that fact. People's views are form through experiences and lessons,read the comments on this thread and then understand People's view which you canot change. I believe it is the same view that rightly disqualified her for the job no matter how qualified she assumed of herself, ironically she inscribed irresponsibility on her forehead.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Ray7878: 5:53am On Mar 15, 2022
Twoclans:

LOL

Leg chain is something I wear occasionally and the last time I checked I dont think I can be considered the worst of human beings currently on earth.

The problem with Nigeria is that we are too religious yet very wicked at heart and to our fellow human beings .

Munzy dear dont worry I wont wear leg chain to your house I will only wear jigida. grin cheesy

Yep we judge people based on appearance but we are worse at heart. I couldn’t care less if someone has a nose ring, 4 earrings on. I am more concerned about their heart, attitude more than their appearance.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Richy4(m): 5:55am On Mar 15, 2022

Hmmmmm!!!! smiley
Nigerians and double standard... The same way some of you dresses smartly and the police officers put on their judgemental skills on u guys... Calls u Yahoo boys,. All because u looked good...

What if she is smart.. they hire her and explained to her in a Polite way that it was not their dress code... Is that a big deal.. embarassed
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Bigredmachine: 5:56am On Mar 15, 2022
maybet081:
she is irresponsible and any woman that wears leg chain is irresponsible too, your grammar canot change that fact. People's views are form through experiences and lessons,read the comments on this thread and then understand People's view which you canot change. I believe it is the same view that rightly disqualified her for the job no matter how qualified she assumed of herself, ironically she inscribed irresponsibility on her forehead.

I don't really understand all these people saying my arguments is baseless... You claim we over do in Nigeria or too religious...

I am just imagining if Joe Biden will put jeans and polo or Putin dye his hair and go and address the world ...

No what to wear to every place you are going to...

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by zexy2030(m): 6:01am On Mar 15, 2022
Mercychen:
Shut that gutter mouth! Everything is wrong with it! When you're not a dog.

What is even wrong with all these generation of fish brain? And they'll still be claiming they know even when you're trying to correct them.

What has the leg chain yielded her so far?
Ok, now that she lost a good offer because of some stupid leg chain, is the chain going to feed her?

There are ways to dress to different functions and places. A leg chain will only pass you off as a core or club girl. If she wore it to a club interview, she would have been considered but in a corporate organization, it's a no no. You're required to dress properly and look responsible.

I hope she's learnt her lesson.
Is not core girl it is called call girl.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by KosiGee(m): 6:02am On Mar 15, 2022
Bigredmachine:

I detest guys who wear hearings, plait their hairs, do artificial dread locks, the one that annoys me most and always make me wish I have power to eliminate them without being questioned is guys who sag l...

Note that if u are a music star , a celebrity, that does all these, I would have no problem... But to see young people who just want to belong sag their jeans, makes me mad

Why do you call that hearings? Mr perfect, have you not heard of ear or earring before?
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by saintnegroid(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2022
Bigredmachine:
What has a leg chain got to do with the job, was the question... Now the answer is... What is the work of the leg chain on the leg...

I have come to a conclusion that many people don't have any tangible reasons as to why they do some certain things in this life, because u see other people do it, u too just want to do it...

If for example my friend who is a musician tints his hair, pierce his ear and draws tattoo on his body (just to promote his hustle) and because it looks good on him, then me an aspiring banker or a medical doctor should i now go and do same, just because it looks good... Anyway I digress

This empty skull headed girl, would see it as normal and something accepted by the general public...

Am happy she did not get the Job... Cause her appearance has already showed she's irresponsible...
I agree with you.... They will always tell you to dress corporate and I'm not sure leg chain is part of corporate.... When they turn down people tieing wrapper to interview this set of leg chain humans will not cry foul

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by BRATISLAVA: 6:04am On Mar 15, 2022
Bigredmachine:

I detest guys who wear hearings, plait their hairs, do artificial dread locks, the one that annoys me most and always make me wish I have power to eliminate them without being questioned is guys who sag l...

Note that if u are a music star , a celebrity, that does all these, I would have no problem... But to see young people who just want to belong sag their jeans, makes me mad

Airsaylongcome
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by zexy2030(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2022
Ray7878:

Yep we judge people based on appearance but we are worse at heart. I couldn’t care less if someone has a nose ring, 4 earrings on. I am more concerned about their heart, attitude more than their appearance.
Honestly you are wrong, a bad person has fruits, they may not be mad at you because you have not touched their sensitive part.

Although some adopt such appearance due to environmental influence and moreso due to some past unfavorable experiences.

Your heart influences your looks.

Our appearances are the boldest expression of our thoughts, heart and lifestyle.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Elidrisy20: 6:05am On Mar 15, 2022
How dey take see the chain in the first place?abi dey try to go under,she no gree. This your friend is she your wife or husband?
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 15, 2022
Leg chain shows a lady is loose...the ladies too know. The way we express ourselves in dressing, speaking etc. Shows who we are.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:07am On Mar 15, 2022
Whenever they said “ my friend or my guy”
Just know Na lie
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by KosiGee(m): 6:09am On Mar 15, 2022
Youngxx:

Waytin bring guys matter inside this issue?..... Have you seen a guy with those hearings or dreadlocks searching for a job?
All there trying to say is that someone has to look nice and responsible when searching for a job cheesy

Like the op, can’t you people tell the difference between ear and hear?? angry angry angry
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by saintnegroid(m): 6:10am On Mar 15, 2022
Easyincome24:

Could we also say same goes to people having noticeable tattoos?
yes... No guy with those can be offered a job except maybe in music and movie industry
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by saintnegroid(m): 6:14am On Mar 15, 2022
novia22:

My dear....I just tire....
The way this generation lack common sense eeeh...
Even the friend that came to defend it on social media too has an empty brain..... God bless you... But I believe they have learnt some lessons today... They can wear it to their outings o... But when it has to do with corporate job you must look corporate and leg chain, tattoos and co are not corporate
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by kendological(m): 6:17am On Mar 15, 2022
Bigredmachine:

Musicians are not special humans, treat your sentimentalism.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Bigredmachine: 6:25am On Mar 15, 2022
kendological:

Musicians are not special humans, treat your sentimentalism.

I know they are not special but... There are things accepted by the society and community ... These norms and value have been there before we were born, so why would anyone thinks he or she can just change it over night...

There are ways a musicians dresses and the society okays it, so also there are ways one should dress to other places like offices

Please understand things carefully before u quote

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Maxwelloau(m): 6:28am On Mar 15, 2022
maybet081:
it is
I don't think anything is wrong with the organization. In this part of the world, the way you dress has a link on how you will be address, moreso it was a formal gathering, job interview. No matter the civilization we try to copy and level of moral decadence in the society, certain values and etiquettes should not be eroded. This is Africa and indeed NIGERIA !

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Emperorx: 6:29am On Mar 15, 2022
bigjackass:
Stupid people of nowadays are always trying to prove foolish points. Will she die if she takes off the leg chain for the interview undecided
maybe the leg chain has been glued to her leg that she can't remove it.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Kajaard: 6:33am On Mar 15, 2022
angry Let’s learn to always tell ourselves the truth. In Nigeria ladies where leg chains to indicate either of the following: that they are available for casual as well as lesbian sex. Only irresponsible ladies e.g oloshos, runs girls, coded corporate prostitutes as well as coded female celebrities/ entertainers that are into coded oloshoism wear leg chains. Argue with your keyboards. Mentions will be ignored.

If I was the employer and a lady comes for an interview in my company and wears leg chains I will release my guard dogs on them. Nonsense angry

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by kobosmart(m): 6:38am On Mar 15, 2022
grin LIES!!!!
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by nedekid: 6:44am On Mar 15, 2022
Bigredmachine:

Just reminded me of one clown that praised himself for looking looking younger than his age, having Dada (dreads) hair and possibly sagging.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Ray7878: 6:45am On Mar 15, 2022
zexy2030:

Honestly you are wrong, a bad person has fruits, they may not be mad at you because you have not touched their sensitive part.

Although some adopt such appearance due to environmental influence and moreso due to some past unfavorable experiences.

Your heart influences you looks.

Our appearances are the boldest expression of our thoughts, heart and lifestyle.

Nope am absolutely right, appearance doesn’t determine your thought lol, that’s a whole lot of rubbish.

Our heart determines our thought, the way you dress is irrelevant. I don’t judge people by their looks. They can wear whatever they feel like, the way they behave towards their fellow humans is what I am more after.

The expression don’t just a book by its cover comes to mind, I would take a person who has tattoos, earrings and does charity to help the homeless, help battered women or kids over someone who claimed to be deeply religious but scamming and killing people in secret.

The most dangerous people are the one who hides.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Deesenator: 6:51am On Mar 15, 2022
The current one that I hate with passion is seeing a guy who paint his finger nails , infact u call it madness

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by zexy2030(m): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2022
Ray7878:

Nope am absolutely right, appearance doesn’t determine your thought lol, that’s a whole lot of rubbish.

Our heart determines our thought, the way you dress is irrelevant. I don’t judge people by their looks. They can wear whatever they feel like, the way they behave towards their fellow humans is what I am more after.

The expression don’t just a book by its cover comes to mind, I would take a person who has tattoos, earrings and does charity to help the homeless, help battered women or kids over someone who claimed to be deeply religious but scamming and killing people in secret.

The most dangerous people are the one who hides.
For real, heinous crimes are committed by gentle faced persons but honestly experiences has taught me that some looks reports that you have been bad or still bad.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 15, 2022
zexy2030:

Is not core girl it is called call girl.

Ok. You know I'm not into such things, that is why I'm not familiar with the correct spelling.

Thanks Osahon.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by zexy2030(m): 6:57am On Mar 15, 2022
Mercychen:

Ok. You know I'm not into such things, that is why I'm not familiar with the correct spelling.

Thanks Osahon.
Osahon? Meaning pls.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Bizman2022: 7:02am On Mar 15, 2022
If the job was olosho job, stripper job or seducing job, then the organisation was wrong to have rejected her.

But if the the job was not any of the above mentioned jobs, then that your friend Abi na you must very stewpid to put on leg chain like dog to a corporate interview environment.
The question is na only you be lesbian? Some bankers and corporate office workers are even more lesbians than that your friend but you will never see them with leg chain while in office.

You only see them with leg chain when they are having fun during the weekend or towards the evening when they must have close from work.

Always use your sense.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by isahsalee: 7:04am On Mar 15, 2022
Please, don't more than bereaved. However, the employer certainly know the kind of employees he would like to employ in his/her establishment.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by slimghost(m): 7:10am On Mar 15, 2022
openmine:

Order and decorum must first be adhered to before competence is even considered!
You may be the best in your field of study but if your attitude or dressing leaves much to be desired, it can slow down the progress of any organisation esp if the said person is a marketer representing a company and trying to sell a product or service to a prospective client!
Every company possess set of rules for prospective employees.....what is permissible in Company A will not be allowed in company B...so the best thing to do is to dress accordingly!
A lady with a top having a cleavage or a guy placing his trouser below his waist might sit well or seem appropriate with you but might be a turnoff for other customers! everyone is not like you!
How you dress is how you will be addressed!

Leave the vacuous epistle and answer the simple question. How is ankle chain indecent?
And how is it different from the wrist chains men wear?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Available Engineering Jobs 2016 / Nigeria Bottling Company Aptitude Test Invite / Is This Pure Act Of Slavery Or Real Job Vacancy? (Picture)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54