Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,385 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:35 PM

PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki (26491 Views)

2023 Election: Wike Hit Out At EU Over Report / 2023 Election: Wike Working For Tinubu – Isaac Fayose / Edo Election: Wike Held Hostage In Hotel Room - PDP Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by saintnegroid(m): 8:44am On Mar 15, 2022
desiredmee:

It was a win win situation, without Obaseki PDP won't be the rulling party In Edo state today, Obaseki saw an opportunity same as PDP.
Now the real issue is why would the PDP not want to integrate the people that came to the party with Obaseki into PDP.
What Wike is doing now is trying to paint Obaseki a betrayer, in all he has said not once has he said the exact thing happening. Try and watch the video where the deputy of governor of Edo state addressed this issue.
That you gave your platform for someone to become a governor does not mean you will be the one dictating for him.
Wike should take a chill pill, we the Edolites are solidly behind our stand fit governor Obaseki.
Just like Edo no be Lagos same way e no ne Rivers.
well, let them settle the case with wisdom
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by drealcivilceno(m): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Wike has nothing to loose if he joins Obaseki to betray the trust of PDP loyalist in Edo and allow APC decampees to takeover and sideline 20 years Edo PDP Faithfulls

But a real man fights for the oppressed and always keeps to his words

I don't support Wike joining issues with Obaseki and that little Shuabu , he is bigger and better than that...

Wike needs to learn alot from Bola Ahmed Tinubu on how to be tactful in his battle

Aregbesola and Fayemi did more to spite Tinubu, but Tinubu kept shut as a leader

Sometime talking much can throw your opposition of the scent of what you have planned.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by Themandator: 8:51am On Mar 15, 2022
Jostoman:
So Obaseki and Shuibu thinks that those PDP aspirant that step down them for them are fools? If Shuibu wants to despirate to take over from Obaseki he should declare his intentions to run and threatening PDP.

I thought the fight was between Obaseki and his deputy until now.

So Wike is holding the party key through Dan Orbih
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by IfnobeGod20: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2022
Mr. Man, the election wasn't won because PDP was popular. The election was won because it was Obaseki. If APC had allowed him, he would have won that election hands down. You people will always refused to put things in perspective. When he was going from ward to ward and local government to local government, how many of these bigwigs followed him. He adopted a seamless strategy in his campaigns, even when his opposition was gathering crowd at the local government and people were saying it is finished for him, he was silently going to ward to ward to meet those that we doing the real voting.
Wike that is saying nonsense will never take half of what Obaseki had endured. We know how he betrayed Amaechi because if Amaechi had not nominated him as a federal minister, he would not have been a minister and he got to Abuja and started planning coup against him. The narrative cannot be changed. We also know how he singlehandedly removed Secondus from office because Secondus was no more loyal to him. What of his commissioner that did a programme but because he wasn't carried along, he fired him. Wike that always killed with sword but never want to see sword. Who and who can try that to him and he would tolerate it, no body.
Politics is about inclusion. Why is it so difficult to integrate the defector from APC to PDP fold. This is not rocket science, the governor is the leader of the party in the state but another man somewhere is remoting everything and you expect him to keep mute while the people he brought from APC should be silenced. Bearing in mind that these fought tooth and nail for him, for him not to be ridiculed. If it were you, will you fold hands and keep them perpetually locked out? Put yourself in the same situation, not everything you play politics with.
maestroferddi:
What are you talking about?

Edo PDP was a vibrant opposition led by the indefatigable Dan Orbih, a man with national reckoning.

PDP had to collapse their structure to accommodate Obaseki who was in a hopeless situation. Despite Obaseki's precarious situation then, the party allowed him to retain his deputy governor which the party ought to have nominated.

The election was won and Obaseki achieved his primary objective.

He however became unreasonable in insisting that the builders of the party in the state should be disregarded while he has his ways. He wants to solely nominate a successor against the gentleman agreement reached when he joined.

Obaseki is a very bad example.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by maestroferddi: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2022
IfnobeGod20:
Mr. Man, the election wasn't won because PDP was popular. The election was won because it was Obaseki. If APC had allowed him, he would have won that election hands down. You people will always refused to put things in perspective. When he was going from ward to ward and local government to local government, how many of these bigwigs followed him. He adopted a seamless strategy in his campaigns, even when his opposition was gathering crowd at the local government and people were saying it is finished for him, he was silently going to ward to ward to meet those that we doing the real voting.
Wike that is saying nonsense will never take half of what Obaseki had endured. We know how he betrayed Amaechi because if Amaechi had not nominated him as a federal minister, he would not have been a minister and he got to Abuja and started planning coup against him. The narrative cannot be changed. We also know how he singlehandedly removed Secondus from office because Secondus was no more loyal to him. What of his commissioner that did a programme but because he wasn't carried along, he fired him. Wike that always killed with sword but never want to see sword. Who and who can try that to him and he would tolerate it, no body.
Politics is about inclusion. Why is it so difficult to integrate the defector from APC to PDP fold. This is not rocket science, the governor is the leader of the party in the state but another man somewhere is remoting everything and you expect him to keep mute while the people he brought from APC should be silenced. Bearing in mind that these fought tooth and nail for him, for him not to be ridiculed. If it were you, will you fold hands and keep them perpetually locked out? Put yourself in the same situation, not everything you play politics with.
You are not making sense at all...

When Obaseki knew he was popular, why didn't he go to the likes of Labour Party, Accord or SDP to test his popularity?

He went to PDP cap in hand and used the party brand and other potent vehicles to win election.

There is no gainsaying that Obaseki would have been disgraced if he did not move to PDP.

Dan Obi and the PDP in Edo State were already a formidable platform before Obaseki showed up. He just latched unto an already prepared food without considering the effort put to keep the party viable against onslaught from Oshiomhole and the federal might.

Is Obaseki the only governor who moved over to PDP and got a mandate?

Why then is he the only one fighting the party? Does it not tell you that he is both a greedy and an unreasonable man?

In politics you win some and lose some...it is daydreaming to expect that you would have your way all the time.

He appears to forget that the PDP of today is virile and therefore operate from a position of strength.

He should come to his senses before it is too late....

PS: The assertion that PDP have refused to integrate APC members who moved with him to PDP is not only ridiculous but plain nonsense..

What does he mean by inclusion? Is he saying that the party structure should be completely dismantled so that his new entrants should populate key positions in the party?

The last time I checked, he is the executive governor and his deputy is also there...

Is he saying that Dan Orbih and others who worked painstakingly to keep the party afloat all the while he was hobnobbing with his ex-godfather Oshiomhole, should be excluded from the scheme of things?

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by UGAHAM(m): 9:18am On Mar 15, 2022
Kuginzi:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/14/pdp-crisis-i-did-not-bath-for-three-days-over-edo-election-wike-replies-obaseki/?amp=1

How come his brother do this kind of thing to him. I thought Ekwere people from Bein and they are Niger delta? I have not seeing any one comment niger delta is one. Hahahahahahaha brotherhood is natural u don’t beg it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by tellmemore15: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2022
abeg make una no fight ooh..
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by TheOgaBoss: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2022
RomanGreen:
Call Wike whatever you like but only few Nigerian politicians are loyal and faithful like him. Even since Jonathan left office, Wike has remained faithful to him and PDP while some lilly-livered politicians are busy cross carpeting to APC to save their sorry ass and romance the president. Wike na confirm man
oga it is because he cannot dominate in apc like he is doing in pdp, where he wan see that kind chance? Who dash monkey banana? Wike is a fellow who likes dominating others with his thuggish character.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by TheOgaBoss: 9:36am On Mar 15, 2022
Lama70:
Oga Wike it's ok. You can go and bath as many times as you want now.
Only one "heart break" and you are sobbing like this .
You think it's easy to be a godfather? Better get over it and start chasing your wind. .I mean your non realizable dream of becoming the president.
THE THING PAIN AM!!!
wike? Godfather? Don't make me laugh.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by jaxxy(m): 9:40am On Mar 15, 2022
Jostoman:
So Obaseki and Shuibu thinks that those PDP aspirant that step down them for them are fools? If Shuibu wants to despirate to take over from Obaseki he should declare his intentions to run and threatening PDP.

They cannot win without shiabu or obaseki. Those who stepped down are persona non gratas.

Hungry criminals
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by TheOgaBoss: 9:40am On Mar 15, 2022
JohnSP99:

but the truth is obaseki can't have it his way alone too, if the people he met their did not drop their own ambition for his he wouldn't have defeated oshiomhole, there ought to be a consensus between his followers and those he met in PDP cos truly this is really showing he's truly a serial betrayer, he betrayed his boss now he wants to betray those that helped him betray his boss, well he's never being a politician so he really doesn't know how the game is played and he better be careful of wike, cos that guy will really mess him up
oga obaseki is asking for a consensus, that a certain percentage of his people be intergrated into the party but Dan orbit and other old pdp members are saying no as if they could have won the governorship without obaseki and his followers.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by IfnobeGod20: 9:41am On Mar 15, 2022
maestroferddi:

When Obaseki knew he was popular, why didn't he go to the likes of Labour Party, Accord or SDP to test his popularity?

He went to PDP cap in hand and use the party brand and other potent vehicles to win election.

There is no gainsaying that Obaseki would have been disgraced if he did not move to PDP.

Dan Obi and the PDP in Edo State were already a formidable platform before Obaseki showed up. He just latched unto an already prepared food without considering the effort put to keep the party viable against onslaught from Oshiomhole and the federal might.

Why then is he the only one fighting the party? Does it not tell you that he is both a greedy and an unreasonable man?

In politics you win some and lose some...it is daydreaming to expect that you would have your way all the time.

He appears to forget that the PDP of today is virile and therefore operate from a position of strength.

The problem I have with some of you, is that you like grandstanding.
The question is, if Obaseki had no problem with Oshiobaba and he was given the APC ticket, can PDP win the election? Please let us be truthful for once, Wike will not be there for life. Fayose did more than what he's doing today but where is him today?
PDP was not a formidable team as you want us to believe. They were having internal rancor till they did their Governorship primary. It is a well known fact that Pst. Ize Iyamu was the strongest politician in PDP before his defection to APC. Please what took him away from PDP, if PDP was so formidable as you insinuated? Reasonably he should have waited there. There was serious instability in the party then. PDP was having some pocket of friction between them, the coming of Obaseki was more of a plus that boost the winning percentage of PDP plus the campaign strategy he brought in.
You guys like covering truth just for conveniency. Was it right for those that defected not to be integrated into the party? This I know you and Wike will never tolerate, if you're in his shoe. No governor in Nigeria would want to be a figure head and allow the system to be screw against him. This you know but just trying grandstanding because you just want to give support to Wike.
You guys should just be truthful even though if it's for once.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by maestroferddi: 9:47am On Mar 15, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

The problem I have with some of you, is that you like grandstanding.
The question is, if Obaseki had no problem with Oshiobaba and he was given the APC ticket, can PDP win the election? Please let us be truthful for once, Wike will not be there for life. Fayose did more than what he's doing today but where is him today?
PDP was not a formidable team as you want us to believe. They were having internal rancor till they did their Governorship primary. It is a well known fact that Pst. Ize Iyamu was the strongest politician in PDP before his defection to APC. Please what took him away from PDP, if PDP was so formidable as you insinuated? Reasonably he should have waited there. There was serious instability in the party then. PDP was having some pocket of friction between them, the coming of Obaseki was more of a plus that boost the winning percentage of PDP plus the campaign strategy he brought in.
You guys like covering truth just for conveniency. Was it right for those that defected not to be integrated into the party? This I know you and Wike will never tolerate, if you're in his shoe. No governor in Nigeria would want to be a figure head and allow the system to be screw against him. This you know but just trying grandstanding because you just want to give support to Wike.
You guys should just be truthful even though if it's for once.
Your reasoning is just infantile so more rejoinders to you...
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by orisa37: 9:56am On Mar 15, 2022
O YES. WE KNOW ALL THAT. WIKE, PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS AS YOU FORGIVE OBASEKI.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by Carparts888(m): 9:57am On Mar 15, 2022
Don't mind him ,he wants to start world war 3 on nairaland.
Parachoko:
The way some of you guys talk on this Nairaland eh

Just because Wike didn't bath for 3 days and felt comfortable, you're already writing a provocative statement about people from Port Harcourt.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by CoolAmbience(m): 10:15am On Mar 15, 2022
Lubumbashi:
As Governor, Obaseki is leader of the party in Edo state just like Wike is the party leader in Rivers state. Wike cannot win this battle, the best he can do is to scatter everything which will ensure that APC recaptures Edo state cool

I taya for Wike stupidity sha.

Obaseki is a governor just as him, what makes him believe he has more stake in the party.

Wike is being used and he doles out Rivers money recklessly. Perhaps, this is what makes him think he has more stake than anyone else.

Wike is just making a fool of himself.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by Deepsky(m): 10:16am On Mar 15, 2022
Na wike win that seat for obaseki
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by IfnobeGod20: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
Your reasoning is just infantile so more rejoinders to you...
Having political discourse with political supporter is always a serious mountain to climb because of myopic way of thinking, always thinking everything should be politicized.
Record don't lie https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/edo-2020-pdps-divided-front/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjps7CC4cf2AhWVFMAKHQN_DSsQFnoECBoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1SNLgtt-FX69g1beZNZ3rp
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by tivhador: 10:27am On Mar 15, 2022
Jobless set of human beings....
"I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election".....
How e take consign us?

Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by CoolAmbience(m): 10:36am On Mar 15, 2022
Max24:
I am beginning to have a lot of respect for Wike. To be fair to him he has been one of the most consistent and courageous governors from PDP. While others were romancing Buhari he stood firm in opposition even at the risk of losing elections. Its obvious he is a principled man unlike most of those other governors who are only interested in their belly. 7years after Jonathan left office he is still on his side. Not once has he betrayed Jonathan or PDP even when under pressure. Principled men like him are what Nigeria needs, not those LIARS and PROPAGANDISTS. So many Nigerian politicians are Judases but not Wike.

Oga, Buhari has proven not to be interested in imposing governors in states.That is the type of president he is. Otherwise, Wike no reach.

We all know how petty and brutish Obasanjo and Jonathan can get over such issues.

Buhari was not even interested in having his brother-in-law as Adamawa governor, despite pressure from his own wife. Na part of wetin make Aisha talk wetin she talk for that her famous interview wey make Buhari come give am the landmark 'za oda room' response.

Wike is uncouth and reckless. Forget being governor or not, Wike and Obaseki no dey the same class. Obaseki pass am for everything.

Na so so quarrel Wike dem quarrel with everybody...e don fight Okupe, FFK, Dokpesi, Amaechi, Fayose, Tambuwal, Atiku, Secondus etc.

Is that what you call consistency? If you want to see a professional liar, go and meet Wike. He is a serial betrayal. He is unintelligent. He is too dominating.... infact, he is everything negative.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by kaymart: 10:59am On Mar 15, 2022
Max24:
I am beginning to have a lot of respect for Wike. To be fair to him he has been one of the most consistent and courageous governors from PDP. While others were romancing Buhari he stood firm in opposition even at the risk of losing elections. Its obvious he is a principled man unlike most of those other governors who are only interested in their belly. 7years after Jonathan left office he is still on his side. Not once has he betrayed Jonathan or PDP even when under pressure. Principled men like him are what Nigeria needs, not those LIARS and PROPAGANDISTS. So many Nigerian politicians are Judases but not Wike.
Dey there dey deceive yourself...
For Ur info, wike and Bubu na PADI PADI when it's mattered most...
Wike and Buhari no get problem at all...get that

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by juman(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2022
DeRay98:

Don't mind Wike the bully, he's blackmailing Obaseki to fool the shallowminded people.
They refused to accept and integrate Obaseki followers that decamped with him from apc and they addressing it as people who want to take over the party what shame.
Wike has his own ambition but pretending to be generous and blackmailing Obaseki.
Wike is too thuggish and bully everybody.
Those calling Obaseki a betrayal are ignorant of the real situation but are fooled to attack Obaseki.

You are right.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by juman(m): 11:05am On Mar 15, 2022
Anyway sha, Obaseki is going back to join buhari.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by Jostoman: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2022
maestroferddi:

He went to PDP cap in hand and used the party brand and other potent vehicles to win election.

PS: The assertion that PDP have refused to integrate APC members who moved with him to PDP is not only ridiculous but plain nonsense..

What does he mean by inclusion? Is he saying that the party structure should be completely dismantled so that his new entrants should populate key positions in the party?

The last time I checked, he is the executive governor and his deputy is also there...

Is he saying that Dan Orbih and others who worked painstakingly to keep the party afloat all the while he was hobnobbing with his ex-godfather Oshiomhole, should be excluded from the scheme of things?
God bless you
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by yyba: 11:16am On Mar 15, 2022
Competence5050:
we are not dirty, we don't betray, we always talk the truth nomatter how hard it is and we don't like intimidation and we can fight to stop intimidation...
and you people don't take your bath regularly. Thank you governor WEKI of RIVERS state for this wonderful revelation
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by yyba: 11:19am On Mar 15, 2022
Parachoko:

Just because Wike didn't bath for 3 days and felt comfortable, you're already writing a provocative statement about people from Port Harcourt.
so a whole governor not taking bath for three days and he is happy to say this to public is not provocative and embarrassing to you, except my truthful comments
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by yyba: 11:20am On Mar 15, 2022
Archworld:

Clean your mouth
hehehe tell that to WIKE the dirty governor of RIVERS state grin grin
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by Parachoko: 11:30am On Mar 15, 2022
yyba:
so a whole governor not taking bath for three days and he is happy to say this to public is not provocative and embarrassing to you, except my truthful comments
Then direct your comment to Governor wike.

Yahoo boys dey Nigeria, does not mean every Nigerian boys are Yahoo boys.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by olabright31: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2022
Max24:

God bless you. Wike is among very few most loyal and consistent PDP stakeholders of today. He sacrificed so much for the party and does not deserve insult from betrayals and ingrates like Obaseki and Shaibu
Re: PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki by olabright31: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2022
Parachoko:

Dont mind him. If Wike is dirty, tell.me one person on nairaland who would not pray to be dirty like him. People just drop comment anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Candid Letter To Saraki By Dele Momodu / I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari / What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.