Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo (67056 Views)

Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Jens Stoltenberg: Russia Is Using Cluster Bombs In Ukraine / RUSSIA Is Set To Begin Final Tests On Its Lethal Hypersonic 6100mph Missile(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by 9jayes: 11:56am On Mar 15, 2022
Meninmen:

The US is in North America.

Russia is in Europe and Asia.

My point is that Russia spans 2 continents (Europe and Asia). Not 3 continents.

Nd Russia doesn’t share border with US tru sea?
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by thundafire: 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
goodheart01:

Funny enough most of these guys wey dey support Putin here no even know. When I talk sey Putin fans na ode dem go dey vex
they are so dumb

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by thundafire: 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
tonyson010:

Russia has so much land mass already. they should multiple their population to occupy much of it.
even if u give china Russia they wouldn't still occupy the landmass
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:
And how did you come up with this?
Your source?
Edit: thanks to those who addressed me in a cultured manner,I got that.

Why should I be ashamed of asking about something I have no idea on?
People on here can be very funny,this is a public forum and I don't think asking questions is wrong.
I rather do than act like I know about it,you shouldn't expect me or anyone to know everything about the world map,I must say I am surprised at the insult.

Fact check:most people insulting me actually don't know about this.
Go and ready the history of Alaska ! The US bought Alaska from Russia undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Unclefemolala(m): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
Greenback:

The world should really be grateful to that Seward guy.
But one funny thing is,some parts of the States at the border area who still got some strong cultural ties with Russia are crying to be joined with Russia!
Do you also know Donald Trump also wanted to buy off Greenland? But their Greenland administrators, Denmark rejected the offer.

Yes...Big Diomede and Little Diomede...just few miles from eachother and they both are relatives with Russian heritage but now can't even visit eachother.

There are times when they cross over when the ice freezes or through the sea but now the border is tighter

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kelvin3476: 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
So why are they afraid of Ukraine joining NATO, when the chief NATO country is their neighbour?
Check map yourself to know how close they are.
Ask the guy which part of russia gat bothers with America.
The distance between America to Russia far pass this yeye map
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kelvin3476: 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
Emuforlife1:
Russia is geographically at advantage. It span across almost 3 continents, reason they said they dont need bases all over the world to strike any part of the Planet. Peace is all we want.
I LOVE THE WORD " ALMOST" THAT USE, AND NOT THOSE CLAIMING IT 3 CONTINENTS WHILE MAP SAYS DIFFERENT THING
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kelvin3476: 12:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
World map is confusing or I should just say God is over creative
This is what I was arguing with one slowpoke who claimed being learned about America Russia border.

I told him to check map himself , and not conclude by what u heard or read
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kelvin3476: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
9jayes:
I told someone here that Russia shares bother with 3 continents he was arguing with me
That is me .
They share with 2 continents and almost 3.
Can u say Africa also share boundaries with south America and north America
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by WoundedLamb: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
So why are they afraid of Ukraine joining NATO, when the chief NATO country is their neighbour?

Fun fact: virtually all Russian neighbours are NATO members already.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by WoundedLamb: 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
9jayes:
I told someone here that Russia shares bother with 3 continents he was arguing with me

Which continents, please ?
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by mployer(m): 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kelvin3476:

Check map yourself to know how close they are.
Ask the guy which part of russia gat bothers with America.
The distance between America to Russia far pass this yeye map

53 miles is not a long distance. Except you mean the figure isn't correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Classickj(m): 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
I cannot believe this made front page

Anyone with even the least exposure or slightest knowledge of either international politics, geography or history knows that 1. America bought Alaska
2. That's just Alaska (it's still USA but not USA in all its glory, not USA as you know it) (it's more like mainland China and it's sub China's elsewhere so Usa is mainland USA and alaska is like an over sea protectorate on the same content divided/separated by Canada)
I get am before no be property

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by rolams(m): 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
JayFredo:

The earth is spherical not flat, the third picture you sent of Alaska check it western boundary and check Russ eastern boundary

Thanks
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by rolams(m): 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
IJEYdiamond:

Go look ur map well... the earth is not straight..

So no take that kain eye look am... The earth is just like a ball that rotates... Lol

Thanks so much
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by drakeli: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:
The Alaska itself was sold to US by Russia in 1867.
If not, Na only Canada go separate the contiguous US states from Russia.

I am quite sure that Russia will be regretting ever selling Alaska to US. The then US secretary encouraging and signing the deal then was seen as a foolish man (Seward folly), he is now being praised as a man of foresight later on

Russia sold Alaska because they didn’t believe they could conquer invading French army in Canadia. It’s better to sell than to lose the land to France. Russia then was not the same Russia we know now
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Fiscus105(m): 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
BanevsJoker:

He surrounded HIMSELF with watertight security. I was referring to civilian casualties. Read to comprehend, not to attack. There are no Nairaland awards for the most disrespectful comment.

Read ur post again and again, if he doesn't send his own civilian, and enemy killed them all, I guess you would move thr to be civilian that mad man will rule over.

Just like navy seal says, Putin do all this nonsenses bcs of weakling biden, he can't try half of this madness during Bush reign.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2022
APOSTLECHUMA:
AMERICA IS MODERN SODOM AND GOMORRAH AND IT WILL MEAN INJUSTICE ON GOD SIDE IF HE SPARES AMERICA THAT IS QUILTY OF CORRUPTING THE WHOLE WORLD WITH SIN AFTER HE MADE AN EXAMPLE WITH SODOM THAT HE DOES NOT COMPROMISE WITH SIN. GOD RAISED RUSSIA (THE KING OF THE NORTH) FOR THE PURPOSE OF DESTROYING AMERICA WHEN THE TIME COMES. THIS IS CONTAINED IN DANIEL 11 WHERE THE KING OF THE NORTH (RUSSIA) DESTROYED THE KING OF THE SOUTH (AMERICA) IN THE ENDTIME. IT WILL BE A SURPRISE MULTIPLE NUCLEAR ATTACKS AND WILL BE DONE BY RUSSIA TO PAVE WAY FOR RUSSIA (GOG) CHINA (MAGOG) AND IRAN (PERSIA) TO LEAD THE REST OF HUMANITY IN WAR AGAINST ISRAEL, TO IMPOSE IT ON ISRAEL TO ACCEPT THE DIVISION OF JERUSALEM AS THE CAPITAL OF THE STATE OF PALESTINE AND ISRAEL. UN'S RECOGNITION OF THE STATE OF PALESTINE WHICH WILL TAKE PLACE NOT FAR FROM NOW WILL PUSH ISRAEL TO DESTROY AL AQSA MOSQUE AND SINCE THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE WHOLE WORLD CAN THINK OF ATTACKING ISRAEL WITH USA ON THE SCENE, RUSSIA WILL DO THE DIRTY DEAL OF REMOVING USA OUT OF THE WAY TO PAVE WAY FOR THE GLOBAL WAR AGAINST ISRAEL. RUSSIA HAS MILITARY PACT WITH THE MUSLIM WORLD AND WILL DO THIS ON THEIR BEHALF. EVERY GOOD BIBLE STUDENT KNOWS THAT BIBLE DIDNT MENTION AMERICA IN THE BATTLE OVER JERUSALEM AND THIS WAS WHY. GOD, MAGOG AND PERSIA WERE THE COUNTRIES MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE THAT WILL LEAD THE WAR AND THESE COUNTRIES ARE ALREADY IN SYRIS, ISRAEL'S BACKYARD, WAITING FOR THE D-DAY AND THIS IS WHY ISRAEL KEEPS ATTACKING IRAN IN SYRIA BUT IT IS TOO LATE FOR THEM TO FORCE IRAN OUT OF SYRIA. ANY ONE WHO IS LOOKING AT AMERICA'S MILITARY MIGHT AND CONSIDERS THIS IMPOSSIBLE, SHOULD REMEMBER DAVID AND GOLIATH. IT IS NEITHER BY POWER NOT BY MIGHT THAT BATTLES ARE WON BUT BY COUNSEL OF GOD AS THIS WORLD TURNS AROUND HIS WILL.
Please when did you visit America last?
Have you ever crossed the Atlantic Ocean?
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kinematics: 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
drakeli:

Russia sold Alaska because they didn’t believe they could conquer invading French army in Canadia. It’s better to sell than to lose the land to France. Russia then was not the same Russia we know now

Please what's your source on this?
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by scobaba: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s]Stop supporting ignorance

Your response to his question should have been devoid of insults. That's all m saying.

U don't go about insulting people for asking questions. He dint ask u out o. Just USA Russia issue. Na wa .
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by pacespot(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
This is very clear from the map: one extreme end with meet the other on the same horizonal axis. The world map is a sphere, not plain sheet as you see it.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by 9jayes: 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kelvin3476:

That is me .
They share with 2 continents and almost 3.
Can u say Africa also share boundaries with south America and north America
Africa is a continent not a country
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
9jayes:

Nd Russia doesn’t share border with US tru sea?

Morocco shares sea border with Spain. Does that mean Spain is in Africa or Morocco is in Europe?

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Aaay: 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
Really
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Professorcplus(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
Olam09:

Bro.. i don convince them tire dem no wan hear till dem fail their geography test.
I'm fuming at your comments honestly.

Go to jumia or nearest bookshop and buy your self this. It will help you alot.

Even my 3 year old knows this.

Thanks me later

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by 9jayes: 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
Meninmen:

Morocco shares sea border with Spain. Does that mean Spain is in Africa or Morocco is in Europe?

What are you now arguing with since you agreed that morocco shares border with Spain(Europe). Same as Russia shares border with America
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by MERCHANDISER: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:

Really,so I have to know everything about the world map?
You lot are mindless,I keep on learning on a daily basis and I will never act as if I know something when I don't.

Comrade calm down I haven't crossed the violence line grin

No wonder you support America because you don't know anything.
You don't know that US is also culpable for invading other sovereign states, you don't know that Taiwan is China's province, you don't know that there was an agreement that Ukraine mustn't be part of NATO.
You don't know that the US state Alaska was given to America by Russia.

Install Google for ur phone next time and delete tiktok and Instagram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by ken045501: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
I know some Americans will want to separate from the USA , I’m sure because their Gov na scam
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Please when did you visit America last?
Have you ever crossed the Atlantic Ocean?
YOUR QUESTIONS ARE NOT RELATED TO WHAT I POSTED, WAS A FORMER COCAINE PUSHER AND COCAINE DOESNT GROW IN TROPICAL REGIONS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by CaseSensitive(m): 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
World map is confusing or I should just say God is over creative

God created world map as well? Loads of plebs on here man
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kelvin3476: 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
9jayes:

Africa is a continent not a country
I assumed Russia too is a continent, and that's why I asked .
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Kelvin3476: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:

53 miles is not a long distance. Except you mean the figure isn't correct.
Upload the map and see for yourself.
Mean the full world map

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Putin Launches World's Longest 70 km Underground Rail Line In Russia (Photos) / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) / Trump Staring At Sleeping King Of Morocco, Mohammed VI In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.