Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Lagos Mainland Vs Island. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Mainland Vs Island. (38759 Views)

SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS / Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS / Car Somersaults On Third Mainland Bridge After Sallah Flexing On The Island.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ChristineC: 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
DryMouth:

There are levels to wealth.

Those pple are jst packaged middle class people.

If you want to see wealthy pple visit ikoyi, VI, Banana island, phase 1. Leave all those packaged middle men you see in that shoprite area. Even chevron pple sef are jst packaging
well I can't argue with that.
but by this logic, the only places where wealthy people live in Lagos are VI, ikoyi, lekki phase 1 and Ikeja GRA.
however, from my experience I haven't seen an area with more packaged "big men" than lekki phase 1 itself.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by streetsoldier1(m): 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
Craigbrown4076:
Now don't laugh this off. This is a rather serious comparison as it's my first time in Lagos and as such my first time on the Island.

According to the topic, I will like readers especially those who reside in Lagos to share their opinions as to which of these major residential areas in Lagos is actually more value for money.

I've lived in the Ajah axis of Lagos Island for about 7 months and I can confidently tell you that I will not advise any newcomer to pay rent to live here. Electricity is bad, water is terrible, roads are bad too and for those who commute the Lekki-Epe express road daily know how hellish it can be when there is a surge in traffic.

Tbh, most people living on the island are suffering and smiling, even those who you think are well to do are having it worse.

I'm considering moving away from the Island and finding a serene environment on the mainland to live in. I heard that Magodo/Berger area is true, please how true is this? I will like readers who reside in Lagos to share their thoughts on other serene environments one can live in where one can get good basic amenities. This will definitely help other people as well. Thanks.

If you get small change and u want to live a meaningful life with peace of mind, try Gowon extension/Gemade estate, Egbeda.
If you have car and work on the island, you will get value for your money and live a decent life

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by vikkogg: 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

I left island for Berger. I'm enjoying it

The light is stable

My monthly salary can pay my house rent like ten times. Unlike Ajah where six months salary will be used in financing house rent where one would be contributing to the ladnlord's development at the expense of one's personal growth and development.

In Ajah/Lekki axis, the annual rent feee is many people's 6-12 months slary, so they can't save. It's hand to mouth always. So instead of stay 2M per annum, i'm on a low-key on the mainland at 200k per annum setting up multiple businesses every month, next year, cash out big time.

Food is super. I buy six raps of semo and eight meats for 1200 Naira. You can't buy this at Ajah at this price. I always add yoghurt/Milk/Malt to make it 2k per meal. Bro, i'm living the yankee life in Berger..

Yes, and i change my soup daily. I can change up to as much as six different soups. More so, i'm known. Some time i could be in a hurry maybe i'm headed somewhere, without cash, i can take up to 2k food..

I have piexpress for my mid day snacks

When i want to change dollar, i dash into the bank call my aobki, less than 45 -60 minutes i;m done

Men, i'm in NewYork City in Berger

No issues at all

Good day, sir.
First of all, I must say I like your prudent way of life. May God continue to help you.
Sir, I don't mind if you can assist me with a job in anyway. I'm not asking for money, I just need a job. I'm a graduate of Statistics from University of Ibadan. If there's anyway you feel you can assist me, please don't hesitate sir. My WhatsApp contact is on my profile sir. Thank you her much.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by afadi2410: 8:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
ChristineC:
but there's no resort taking such money on phase 1, that's why I said it's not a very informed statement.
besides, I mostly stay in ikoyi when I'm around and I can tell you for free that kidnapping is big business in lekki phase 1. yes you don't hear about it because friends and family would rather pay the ransom and move on than publicize it.
I'm very involved in the real estate in that axis and in an area like the Golf Course Road for instance, you can't get a piece of land 100x50 for less than #35m.
the difference in real estate cost at Ibeju-Lekki compared with Eti-Osa right now is the poor roads. with time, it will be difficult for anyone who's a tenant in that area to cope.

You talk well
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
vikkogg:

Good day, sir.
First of all, I must say I like your prudent way of life. May God continue to help you.
Sir, I don't mind if you can assist me with a job in anyway. I'm not asking for money, I just need a job. I'm a graduate of Statistics from University of Ibadan. If there's anyway you feel you can assist me, please don't hesitate sir. My WhatsApp contact is on my profile sir. Thank you her much.

Sadly, Once i speak about my finances i dont reveal my physical identity to people int he audience i reveal it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by afadi2410: 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
ChristineC:
lol so you mean say na poor men full those estates behind ShopRite? cry

Help me ask am o, abi na poor men dey pay 1m for house rent in Awoyaya?

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by vikkogg: 8:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Sadly, Once i speak about my finances i dont reveal my physical identity to people int he audience i reveal it

OK sir.
I'm sorry if I got you angry. Pardon my manners, sir.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by AgentGoat: 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:
OP, I advise you relocate to the mainland. Its cheaper and more spacious there. You get more value for money with cheaper rent and more commute time. Also there are more fun spots on the mainland and they are open way late into the night than on the Island. Island is for fake people. /s

grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by house10s2: 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
egbeda
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by lymelyte(m): 8:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
DryMouth:
Island is bae except during raining season sha.

Ajah is not island. grin grin

Once you pass chevron, you no longer stay on the island.
so vgc is not island?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Shortcut2life: 8:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
DryMouth:

There are levels to wealth.

Those pple are jst packaged middle class people.

If you want to see wealthy pple visit ikoyi, VI, Banana island, phase 1. Leave all those packaged middle men you see in that shoprite area. Even chevron pple sef are jst packaging

Shut up you just Dey cap rubbish … there are wealthy people in those areas too and they live well in this estates with good road networks ,clean water and electricity.. your so called island Na wash and over priced piece of shit … people are well to do there .. I bet say you no get single properties for there nah why you dey yarn this rubbish .

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by JBoss25(m): 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
jaytii:
Surulere for easy access to the Island and the MAINland
Ikeja if you don't mind Lagos traffic but 100% social life (Allen Avenue - you gerrit)

Ikorodu if you are a miser ("You think say you dey wise"wink
Mushin if you belong to the street and love the trenches (Who goes you)
Agege if you don't mind getting robbed or stabbed occasionally (Kuron beyen no)
Ojo if you are Igbo
Abeg you're not street, just keep shut this is very cringy lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Emily22(m): 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

I left island for Berger. I'm enjoying it

The light is stable

My monthly salary can pay my house rent like ten times. Unlike Ajah where six months salary will be used in financing house rent where one would be contributing to the ladnlord's development at the expense of one's personal growth and development.

In Ajah/Lekki axis, the annual rent feee is many people's 6-12 months slary, so they can't save. It's hand to mouth always. So instead of stay 2M per annum, i'm on a low-key on the mainland at 200k per annum setting up multiple businesses every month, next year, cash out big time.

Food is super. I buy six raps of semo and eight meats for 1200 Naira. You can't buy this at Ajah at this price. I always add yoghurt/Milk/Malt to make it 2k per meal. Bro, i'm living the yankee life in Berger..

Yes, and i change my soup daily. I can change up to as much as six different soups. More so, i'm known. Some time i could be in a hurry maybe i'm headed somewhere, without cash, i can take up to 2k food..

I have piexpress for my mid day snacks

When i want to change dollar, i dash into the bank call my aobki, less than 45 -60 minutes i;m done

Men, i'm in NewYork City in Berger

No issues at all

Can one get mini flat for 300k around berger

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
Emily22:

Can one get mini flat for 300k around berger

Yes. But total entry package good area should be around 400/450 entering after that 300k per annum

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
LollySeaSide:
Mainland sef get levels.
Ikeja is in LM.
Surulere is in LM.
Yaba is in LM.
Magodo is in LM.
Go and ask of house rent in these places and you'll understand.
They cannot be compared to places in Sangotedo towards Awoyaya to Lakowe, Bogije, Onosa, Ibeju which are still on the Island.
Rent depends on a lot of factors.
You just need to look for what suites you.
Type and age of building, condition of roads, proximity to certain facilities and neighborhoods are all factors that determine rent in Lagos.
I currently pay 580,000 naira annually for a 2-BR apartment somewhere on the island.
I have a friend who's paying 1.3 million naira for the same house configuration, also on the Island.
And it takes under 15 minutes to drive from my place to his.
I seriously doubt if one can a good 2-BR apartment for 580k in Ikeja.
That's Lagos for you.

580k for somewhere on the island?
Too vague. Where on the island please?

And the 1.3m house you said is 15 minutes from your place. Well, nowhere is really far in Lagos if you commute at the right time.

580k for a 2-bedroom apartment isn't the standard price on the island.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO Or shoud I come and take you from Awoyaya with me. Oyedepo Pikin wink You wey refuse to come see me for wetin be that garden name o, after Abijo GRA bus stop side?
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by chloride6: 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
DryMouth:
Island is bae except during raining season sha.

Ajah is not island. grin grin

Once you pass chevron, you no longer stay on the island.

Eleganza really
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

580k for somewhere on the island?
Too vague. Where on the island please?

And the 1.3m house you said is 15 minutes from your place. Well, nowhere is really far in Lagos if you commute at the right time.

580k for a 2-bedroom apartment isn't the standard price on the island.

The standard of 2 bedroom is 580-600k Babe, from langbasa to abijo to sangotedo to awoyaya to addo it's around that range. Except for the really toosh ones that are over-pimped that skyrockets to like 1.2m

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
chloride6:

Eleganza really

Lies. Life before VGC is dull and uninteresting. The main life on the island starts after VGC
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Skyfornia(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
jaytii:
Surulere for easy access to the Island and the MAINland
Ikeja if you don't mind Lagos traffic but 100% social life (Allen Avenue - you gerrit)

Ikorodu if you are a miser ("You think say you dey wise"wink
Mushin if you belong to the street and love the trenches (Who goes you)
Agege if you don't mind getting robbed or stabbed occasionally (Kuron beyen no)
Ojo if you are Igbo

If it's not Yaba...forgerrit!
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by chloride6: 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Lies. Life before VGC is dull and uninteresting. The main life on the island starts after VGC

You mean VGC down to Ajah is dull?
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
chloride6:

You mean VGC down to Ajah is dull?

The coomunity of residents that makes island bubble and lively is from after VGC. The whole world knows this. I can never take anything before serious. Why?? Too dull and lacks life...Exempting the estates, Lekki Phases 1 and 2. The rest of the entire area na wash. Over dull

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

The standard of 2 bedroom is 580-600k Babe, from langbasa to abijo to sangotedo to awoyaya to addo it's around that range. Except for the really toosh ones that are over-pimped that skyrockets to like 1.2m

This is news to me, honestly.

This is the price of a mini-flat from what I know.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
PrimadonnaO Or shoud I come and take you from Awoyaya with me. Oyedepo Pikin wink You wey refuse to come see me for wetin be that garden name o, after Abijo GRA bus stop side?

LOL!
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

This is news to me, honestly.

This is the price of a mini-flat from what I know.

Nope. For example all over Seaside estate at Addo that's the price. The funny scenario is that miniflat and 2 bed are always priced the same most times
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
There's something I'm sensing from the comments in this thread.

People feel unduly intimidated.

What's the point in stating that people who live on the island aren't wealthy...they're all packaging.

Every two seconds, the island is overhyped.

Did they ever tell you they were wealthy in the first place? undecided

Let people make their choices and live with them so long as it affects nobody negatively. undecided

People choose where to live for several reasons that no one else should help them debate.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

LOL!

You wey i don dey send invite how many years now. Okay O. Sit down for hose till I relocate comot here angry
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:
There's something I'm sensing from the comments in this thread.

Tell us.. We wanna hear it.. Remind me that garden na. always like taking smoothies at the bar whenever i pass through that place, after the Sterling bank small branch
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Tell us.. We wanna hear it.. Remind me that garden na. always like taking smoothies at the bar whenever i pass through that place, after the Sterling bank small branch

Are you sure I know this place you're describing?
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

Are you sure I know this place you're describing?

HolySpirit help me. Na wetin be this place name na

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by yahmohy27: 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
Brendaniel:
See ehn, if you want to enjoy Lagos just make sure you live in a place trek able to your work place and most importantly stay in a secured estate
That's if you can afford the rent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Easiest Way To Travel Abroad / Checkout 21 Awkward Looking Motorbikes Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) / Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.