Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Lagos Mainland Vs Island. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Mainland Vs Island. (38762 Views)

SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS / Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS / Car Somersaults On Third Mainland Bridge After Sallah Flexing On The Island.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Sleekfingers: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
Surulere ( not lawanson, ijeshatedo , aguda and itire ooo)

Ikeja ( especially around aromire , toyin, Gra allen and opebi axis

Ilupeju/ palm grove estate / town planning

Sabo - Yaba

Gbagada

Anthony village

Obanikoro

Magodo/ omole

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by FLESHnBLOOD(m): 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
DryMouth:
Island is bae except during raining season sha.

Ajah is not island. grin grin

Once you pass chevron, you no longer stay on the island.
once u pass VGC NOT CHEVRON

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by hardbody: 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
@ OP...I left mainland for Ajah, since someone said Ajah is not island. Fact is when I came, mainland was wack because of bad road. No sooner did I move than they started road expansion around Ajah-VGC axis. The balance presently favours the mainland but I am certain that once they are done with the roads around Ajah, we will be fine. One reason I am grateful is that during Endsars life was a lot more safer and secure here on the island than the mainland, however, to each his own. I can tell you for free that on the mainland, Gbagada, Ogudu and Oworo are most central as you can access Ikeja and elsewhere easily. All these talks about surulere and ikeja don't quite cut it for me, too crowded and noisy. In all, Lagos na wash.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ecclize: 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Contact me for your packaging and Corrugated carton production

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

I left island for Berger. I'm enjoying it

The light is stable

Food is super. I buy six raps of semo and eight meats for 1200 Naira. You can't buy this at Ajah at this price. I always add yoghurt/Milk/Malt to make it 2k per meal. Bro, i'm living the yankee life in Berger

I have piexpress for my mid day snacks

When i want to change dollar, i dash into the bank call my aobki, less than 45 -60 minutes i;m done

Men, i'm in Colorado in Berger

No issues at all
six wraps of semo? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by frog12: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
you call ketu serene ? grin grin

GRA Ikeja is best kept secret of Lagos

myke92:
Alternative locations on the mainland that are close to the island include the following.

- Gbagada
- oworo
- Yaba
- costain
- ketu

You can get a decent apartment in a Serene environment in any of these areas, especially the 1st and the last. wink
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DryMouth: 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
ChristineC:
do you know that there are resorts as far as Ibeju that charge 250k per night?
If you see that same resort in lekki phase 1 den it would be 3m per night.

The criminal activities that goes on along those ibeju lekki, sangotedo, awoyaya, lakowe etc even more than that of Ajegunle

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DSC7: 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
Island no be here during rainy season ooo....

Pls How much is safe contain in Ikeja?...
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DryMouth: 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
FLESHnBLOOD:
once u pass VGC NOT CHEVRON
Why?
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
six wraps of semo? shocked

Yes, and i change my soup daily. I can change up to as much as six different soups. More so, i'm known. Some time i could be in a hurry maybe i'm headed somewhere, without cash, i can take up to 2k food
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
jaytii:
Surulere for easy access to the Island and the MAINland
Ikeja if you don't mind Lagos traffic but 100% social life (Allen Avenue - you gerrit)

Ikorodu if you are a miser ("You think say you dey wise"wink
Mushin if you belong to the street and love the trenches (Who goes you)
Agege if you don't mind getting robbed or stabbed occasionally (Kuron beyen no)
Ojo if you are Igbo

cheesy cheesy
Lol, you're funny.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by LollySeaSide: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
Mainland sef get levels.
Ikeja is in LM.
Surulere is in LM.
Yaba is in LM.
Magodo is in LM.
Go and ask of house rent in these places and you'll understand.
They cannot be compared to places in Sangotedo towards Awoyaya to Lakowe, Bogije, Onosa, Ibeju which are still on the Island.
Rent depends on a lot of factors.
You just need to look for what suites you.
Type and age of building, condition of roads, proximity to certain facilities and neighborhoods are all factors that determine rent in Lagos.
I currently pay 580,000 naira annually for a 2-BR apartment somewhere on the island.
I have a friend who's paying 1.3 million naira for the same house configuration, also on the Island.
And it takes under 15 minutes to drive from my place to his.
I seriously doubt if one can a good 2-BR apartment for 580k in Ikeja.
That's Lagos for you.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Bestgraffix(m): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
frowland:

Is Ogudu not Ogun State? I remember swift telling a friend of mine that those areas is Ogun state.

No ogudu GRA after ojoja
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by frowland(m): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
DryMouth:

Lowland

Hmmm
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by frowland(m): 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
Bestgraffix:

No ogudu GRA after ojoja

Oh okay’
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by rimijoshua(m): 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
DryMouth:
Island is bae except during raining season sha.

Ajah is not island. grin grin

Once you pass chevron, you no longer stay on the island.
You be goat...Go and find out the definition of an island from your social studies textbook.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by pacespot(m): 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

The light is stable

Food is super. I buy six raps of semo and eight meats for 1200 Naira. You can't buy this at Ajah at this price. I always add yoghurt/Milk/Malt to make it 2k per meal. Bro, i'm living the yankee life in Berger..

Yes, and i change my soup daily. I can change up to as much as six different soups. More so, i'm known. Some time i could be in a hurry maybe i'm headed somewhere, without cash, i can take up to 2k food..

When i want to change dollar, i dash into the bank call my aobki, less than 45 -60 minutes i;m done

Men, i'm in NewYork City in Berger

No issues at all

That OJODU-BERGER axis is the best if you want cheaper and exclusive lifestyle in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DryMouth: 8:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
rimijoshua:

You be goat...Go and find out the definition of an island from your social studies textbook.
E pain you wella.

Truth is bitter.

You cannot be staying in VGC, Sangotedo, Ikota, Ajah, Ibeju lekki, awoyaya, lakowe, etc and tell me you live on the island. I would rebuke you instantly.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
pacespot:

That OJODU-BERGER axis is the best if you want cheaper and exclusive lifestyle in Lagos

My salary can pay my house rent like ten times. Unlike Ajah where six months salary will be used in financing house rent where one would be contributing to the ladnlord's development at the expense of one's personal growth and development.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by falseprophet: 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
[s]
Craigbrown4076:
Now don't laugh this off. This is a rather serious comparison as it's my first time in Lagos and as such my first time on the Island.

According to the topic, I will like readers especially those who reside in Lagos to share their opinions as to which of these major residential areas in Lagos is actually more value for money.

I've lived in the Ajah axis of Lagos Island for about 7 months and I can confidently tell you that I will not advise any newcomer to pay rent to live here. Electricity is bad, water is terrible, roads are bad too and for those who commute the Lekki-Epe express road daily know how hellish it can be when there is a surge in traffic.

Tbh, most people living on the island are suffering and smiling, even those who you think are well to do are having it worse.

I'm considering moving away from the Island and finding a serene environment on the mainland to live in. I heard that Magodo/Berger area is true, please how true is this? I will like readers who reside in Lagos to share their thoughts on other serene environments one can live in where one can get good basic amenities. This will definitely help other people as well. Thanks.
[/s]
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ChristineC: 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
DryMouth:

If you see that same resort in lekki phase 1 den it would be 3m per night.

The criminal activities that goes on along those ibeju lekki, sangotedo, awoyaya, lakowe etc even more than that of Ajegunle
but there's no resort taking such money on phase 1, that's why I said it's not a very informed statement.
besides, I mostly stay in ikoyi when I'm around and I can tell you for free that kidnapping is big business in lekki phase 1. yes you don't hear about it because friends and family would rather pay the ransom and move on than publicize it.
I'm very involved in the real estate in that axis and in an area like the Golf Course Road for instance, you can't get a piece of land 100x50 for less than #35m.
the difference in real estate cost at Ibeju-Lekki compared with Eti-Osa right now is the poor roads. with time, it will be difficult for anyone who's a tenant in that area to cope.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Emdebby2: 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

The light is stable

My salary can pay my house rent like ten times. Unlike Ajah where six months salary will be used in financing house rent where one would be contributing to the ladnlord's development at the expense of one's personal growth and development. In Ajah the annual rent feee is many people's 6-12 months slary, so they can't save. It's hand to mouth always

Food is super. I buy six raps of semo and eight meats for 1200 Naira. You can't buy this at Ajah at this price. I always add yoghurt/Milk/Malt to make it 2k per meal. Bro, i'm living the yankee life in Berger..

Yes, and i change my soup daily. I can change up to as much as six different soups. More so, i'm known. Some time i could be in a hurry maybe i'm headed somewhere, without cash, i can take up to 2k food..

Men, i'm in NewYork City in Berger

No issues at all
You eat too much...not insult please.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
Emdebby2:

You eat too much...not insult please.

I'm working on myself to get myself ready for public presentation, speaking and ministry. It's part of my personal care and maintenance

Everything I do is strategy.

My monthly income is atleast seven digits, So why is 2k per meal too much ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DryMouth: 8:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
ChristineC:
but there's no resort taking such money on phase 1, that's why I said it's not a very informed statement.
besides, I mostly stay in ikoyi when I'm around and I can tell you for free that kidnapping is big business in lekki phase 1. you don't hear about it because friends and family would rather pay the ransom than publicize it.
I'm very involved in the real estate in that axis and in an area like the Golf Course Road for instance, you can't get a piece of land 100x50 for less than #35m.
the difference in real estate cost at Ibeju-Lekki compared with Eti-Osa right now is the poor roads. with time, it will be difficult for anyone who's a tenant in that area to cope.
Lool!
Ignore that part i said 3m per night, i was jst exaggerating.

Abeg dnt hype anywhere that have passed that chevron road abeg. I stayed in awoyaya so i knw what am saying.
No wealthy person can stay in all useless part of the island

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ednut1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ajah to lakowe dont near there o. Gbagada yaba surulere better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ChristineC: 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2022
DryMouth:

Lool!
Ignore that part i said 3m per night, i was jst exaggerating.

Abeg dnt hype anywhere that have passed that chevron road abeg. I stayed in awoyaya so i knw what am saying.
No wealthy person can stay in all useless part of the island
lol so you mean say na poor men full those estates behind ShopRite? cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ariesbull: 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:
OP, I advise you relocate to the mainland. Its cheaper and more spacious there. You get more value for money with cheaper rent and more commute time. Also there are more fun spots on the mainland and they are open way late into the night than on the Island. Island is for fake people. /s
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by HernanCortes: 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2022
Craigbrown4076:
Now don't laugh this off. This is a rather serious comparison as it's my first time in Lagos and as such my first time on the Island.

According to the topic, I will like readers especially those who reside in Lagos to share their opinions as to which of these major residential areas in Lagos is actually more value for money.

I've lived in the Ajah axis of Lagos Island for about 7 months and I can confidently tell you that I will not advise any newcomer to pay rent to live here. Electricity is bad, water is terrible, roads are bad too and for those who commute the Lekki-Epe express road daily know how hellish it can be when there is a surge in traffic.

Tbh, most people living on the island are suffering and smiling, even those who you think are well to do are having it worse.

I'm considering moving away from the Island and finding a serene environment on the mainland to live in. I heard that Magodo/Berger area is true, please how true is this? I will like readers who reside in Lagos to share their thoughts on other serene environments one can live in where one can get good basic amenities. This will definitely help other people as well. Thanks.

Magodo is your best bet
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ukaface(f): 8:17pm On Mar 15, 2022
I'll choose mainland anyday anytime.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DryMouth: 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
ChristineC:
lol so you mean say na poor men full those estates behind ShopRite? cry
There are levels to wealth.

Those pple are jst packaged middle class people.

If you want to see wealthy pple visit ikoyi, VI, Banana island, phase 1. Leave all those packaged middle men you see in that shoprite area. Even chevron pple sef are jst packaging

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
Craigbrown4076:

The real island is Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Lekki and Lagos Island

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Checkout 21 Awkward Looking Motorbikes Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) / Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them / Longest Super Highway In Akwa Ibom Nears Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.