Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again (21043 Views)

English Premier League( EPL ) Hall Wall Of Champions / Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford / Liverpool Players Celebrating After Qualifying For Final Of Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by checkolatunji: 7:07am On Mar 16, 2022
obembet:

Source: https://twitter.com/goal/status/1503857075759296518?t=OIfeUf_MMS0KqdAZcgD5kA&s=19

It about Ronaldo not Messi, talk about how the GhostNaldo ghosted without a single shot and leave Messi out of it.

T for Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by Hespee93: 7:11am On Mar 16, 2022
Next time Manchester United wants to play Atletico Madrid, they should come and consult Chelsea how to do the show

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2022
QUESTION;

Let's assume FIFA wants to organize an Emergency meeting about the FIFA WORLD CUP & the OLYMPICS Games with respect to the Russia/ Ukraine War, and same FIFA instructs that your FIFA World Cup medal (Gold, Silver, Bronze) will be your ticket for entry & that such can also be substituted with the Olympics Soccer Medal if in your possession, since it involves the world too.
Pls how will ur gOAT, CR7 make it 2dat meeting?
Please answers are needed ASAP
Dis Question comes with a monetary PRIZE

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by JohnSP99: 7:17am On Mar 16, 2022
obembet:

Source: https://twitter.com/goal/status/1503857075759296518?t=OIfeUf_MMS0KqdAZcgD5kA&s=19
There is no need for all this rhetorics of yours, the earlier we realize that this two great players era is over the better for us to reduce our expectations on them, they have achieved all that needs to be achieved in football, both have conquered a lot, broke a lot of records and created a lot of records also. Let the younger ones take it from where they stopped, these two greats can not give us what they gave us in their glory days forever now, nobody is a champion forever, but Ronaldo destroyed the fun and entertainment in football with his goal seeking game play. Watching the likes of Ronaldihno, Robinho, okocha, Figo, Pirlo, even Zidane gave joy to souls watching football. likewise Messi in his younger age before Ronaldo came to spain. This was the era midfielders were crowned world best players because of their contribution to the team but Ronaldo own is all about goals goals goals, not ready to give assist to fellow team mates gets angry when team mates don't give him assist and that's what gives Messi an edge over him, football is not an individual game it's a team gave. so let's Forget about these two, their days are over the likes of Mbappe, neymar who became the worst football flop, also Hazard, too Haaland, should have taken it from them a long time but the truth is football may never see the kind of these two greats again that should never had come in thesame generation. But they both change the look and scope of football. It was a pleasure watching them but no fun watching them.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by Lovelife433(m): 7:18am On Mar 16, 2022
Werey club

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by fxkay1: 7:21am On Mar 16, 2022
angry
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by BENEAMATA: 7:23am On Mar 16, 2022
Ayam not understanding , do you mean the two GOAT erm , GO-OUT ?
Meanwhile a combined 16 goals and two leading scorers in the current UCL in c-ronaldo and ajax' Haller just exited the competition .
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by babajero(m): 7:24am On Mar 16, 2022
obembet:

To Messi crashing out of the champions league really pained him, but to Ronaldo being a selfish player is more satisfied breaking records than helping Manchester United carry any trophy, like I said before even if Ronaldo play for man united for 5 years they won't carry any trophy because he is more focused on personal glory than trophies.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by ogmask: 7:24am On Mar 16, 2022
obembet:

Abeg make we see player rating for this match na.... Una fraud don cast even one ball on target he nor see. Comparing Ronaldo to Messi is a fraud in itself.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by Norse36: 7:26am On Mar 16, 2022
The entire Manchester united players don't play according to their pay
It's high time premiership generate a new rule which says "pay as you play " else these scammers who call themselves footballers won't be there today

Ronaldo has no single shot on target

Maguire is a complete imbecileeeee

Degea deserves community flogging

Varane is overhyped

Dalot is supposed to play for teams like Portsmouth, Wigan

Pogba is a total failure , does more harm than good , full of pride and zero sense

Rashford should be sold totally , he's a big time joke , ever since he lost that penalty against Italy he's been outta the game since then

The only players who still manage to try are: Matic , mc tominay, Fred, Sancho , the rest should be arrested

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by bayelsaowei(m): 7:26am On Mar 16, 2022
Counteryou:

Yes Ronaldo should get compared with Bican, Lewandoski, Benzema et all, and not Messi who is standing tall on a different ground.
I mentioned this yesterday..

Football isn't about goals...its more than that...thats why messi stands out

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by FahBuLous: 7:27am On Mar 16, 2022
obembet:
It sucks to see them both be in teams with such poor defense. They deserve better for their final years.

Lalasticlala
Whazar
Starzo
Iliveforever
Legallyminded
Bobloco
Htdot
PrinceMajestic
ThierryJay
Tiswell
You are a bloody hypocrite...
A big black bloody hypocrite...

I remember you creating a thread to shame Messi for crashing out of the champions league, now Ronaldo was knocked out, instead of creating a thread to shame him alone, you had to drag Messi into it...

Just imagine the picture, you now know Messi is phenomenal...
You now remember that they are in a tram of poor defense...

Drag your ekuke alone and stop mentioning Messi into it...

Messi is not Ronaldo's mate when it comes to football... angry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by kenex4ever(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Your level of bias knows no bound.

Which kind stupid headline be this for crying out loud?

They knock PSG out, una create thread to shame Messi.

Ronaldo is out...... Simply create a thread without dragging Messi in.

But you no fit to shame your ekuke alone, Messi had to come in

Bloody Hypocrite!!!

I thought his worthless hattrick on Saturday qualified you guys already.

Since Ronaldo left Madrid, na once e don play quarter final and all his sick fans go come here dey drop trash on how he won back to back ucl.......

As no Bale, Modric, Kroos, Benzema and Marcelo to steal their glory again, baba no fit finish top scorer or even reach one semis in 4years

No knock out goal for 2 Consecutive seasons

If na Messi, all his lapdogs go begin bark

Ronaldo is the most overrated player in history

If not for social media, nobody will mention his name close to Messi.

Never been said better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by bayelsaowei(m): 7:30am On Mar 16, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You father is shameless

Messi was a FIFA & Balon D’or nominee at the age(20), Ronaldo was struggling.

If you criticize him for his performance at 34, give him some credit for doing what Ronaldo couldn’t when he was 20
this is a very good point oo...messi had a successful burst in football..did and achieved what others could not at a young age....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by barinedan(m): 7:30am On Mar 16, 2022
What is good for the goose is good for the gander
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by FahBuLous: 7:31am On Mar 16, 2022
paulolee:
lolz...this head of cr7 fanboys group no go kill me with laugh..
PSG got dumped out and you blamed messi n called him a waste of resources forgetting dt the main cause was PSG defense..
now ur man don go ous n u still get mind de drag messi into ur man failures, are u being serious or just being a dumb joker?
ur man scored an hat trick last week n u guys were shouting dt he is d GOAT like tom brady n I heard nothing about how bad was united squad after spurs game..
last nite, he ghosted against athletico without a shot on target n u are now saying its bcoz united squad is too bad abi??
Mr op, did u blame PSG squad or defense last week or u were creating numerous threads to blast messi after PSG lost ?......bloody hypocrites
I swear , she is a bloody hypocrite and the nairaland mods are just backing her up by always moving her hypocritical post to front-page...

PSG lost with poor defense, Messi didn't play bad but his backline failed him, but Messi was the center of bashing...

Just imagine Ronaldo that ghosted throughout the match , no blame on him....

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by wolesmile(m): 7:31am On Mar 16, 2022
obembet:

Bad belle...

How PSG loss com be Messi humiliation wey Penaldo with no single shot on target own no be humiliation?
Na small small high BP take dey start o. Better take am easy, girl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by ThierryJay: 7:32am On Mar 16, 2022
Jayrockk:
FYI I'm a messi fan

Oh well then. Maybe after some time, your comment can apply but for this day, Ronaldo should chop his L alone, as I dont remember people making excuses for Messi last week.
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by JohnSP99: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2022
rippa:

Ur mumu dey shame me
Since he left, has Madrid won the champions league now? U just wasted ur time typing rubbish, thinking u were making sense
you are the mumu yourself, since he left as he won it for his teams, football is a team play, if your team mates don't play to your favour you scoring no goals, but because he's not a team player the rest of the teams he joined after Madrid were not ready to give him that play, to imagine how he rendered Benzema useless when he was around and look at him now when he's gone, Benzema is balling again, so many strikers lost their place in Madrid all because of him, he just wants to be the only one. if he and Benzema had work hand in hand I swear real Madrid would have lifted the league and champions League for straight ten years.
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by ButterBurger: 7:35am On Mar 16, 2022
Okay the people that were out since group stage are not human being.
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by BENEAMATA: 7:39am On Mar 16, 2022
If i am in charge at their respective clubs , i'll force the two Asun to dance to the " waris " beat for a week for their underwhelming second round performance . " oya , dj yk mu le "
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by hybridblood07(m): 7:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Did you say Ronaldo is an overrated player If true then you are completely insane sir! Someone has over a thousand goals + assists in football history and you open your stinky mouth to say trash. Hatred is the reason why you haven't succed in life.
OJEEMAH:
Your level of bias knows no bound.

Which kind stupid headline be this for crying out loud?

They knock PSG out, una create thread to shame Messi.

Ronaldo is out...... Simply create a thread without dragging Messi in.

But you no fit to shame your ekuke alone, Messi had to come in

Bloody Hypocrite!!!

I thought his worthless hattrick on Saturday qualified you guys already.

Since Ronaldo left Madrid, na once e don play quarter final and all his sick fans go come here dey drop trash on how he won back to back ucl.......

As no Bale, Modric, Kroos, Benzema and Marcelo to steal their glory again, baba no fit finish top scorer or even reach one semis in 4years

No knock out goal for 2 Consecutive seasons

If na Messi, all his lapdogs go begin bark

Ronaldo is the most overrated player in history

If not for social media, nobody will mention his name close to Messi.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by wwwihy: 7:46am On Mar 16, 2022
Messi without Xavi & Iniesta:

• 2 Ballon D’or
• 2 European Golden boots

Ronaldo without Kroos & Modric:

• 2 Instagram live D’or’s
• 3 different Salon D’ors

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by Iliveforever(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2022

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by kumulus(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2022
Life can be hard sometimes
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by investigator007: 7:49am On Mar 16, 2022
E don be for them o cry
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by YaxxVille(m): 7:51am On Mar 16, 2022
In my humble opinion i think these guys should be getting ready to retire from playing football n leave the field for upcoming stars. Thank you for your service
Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 16, 2022
YaxxVille:
In my humble opinion i think these guys should be getting ready to retire from playing football n leave the field for upcoming stars. Thank you for your service
MESSI will retire after lifting the world Cup for Argentina in Qatar...
He has Silver Medal to that effect already.
He's going for Gold this time
Quote me!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by tarantino1: 8:09am On Mar 16, 2022
bayelsaowei:
I mentioned this yesterday..

Football isn't about goals...its more than that...thats why messi stands out

Yen yen yen

Football is not about goals.

Una no dey tire for that wholly incorrect sentence.

If Messi score that penalty for their first leg, there for still dey the champions League.

Number one thing about Football is goals

Everything else follows. You know this and I know it too. Everyone here knows it.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by bayelsaowei(m): 8:15am On Mar 16, 2022
tarantino1:

Yen yen yen

Football is not about goals.

Una no dey tire for that wholly incorrect sentence.

If Messi score that penalty for their first leg, there for still dey the champions League.

Number one thing about Football is goals

Everything else follows. You know this and I know it too. Everyone here knows it.
maybe if messi scored..but he didn't..however football isn't all about goals...you need a solid midfield to support strikers...and a team needs a solid defense to avert goals...

You get my point? It's crazy to wake up and declare oneself a GOAT because of goals...never.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by tarantino1: 8:23am On Mar 16, 2022
JohnSP99:

you are the mumu yourself, since he left as he won it for his teams, football is a team play, if your team mates don't play to your favour you scoring no goals, but because he's not a team player the rest of the teams he joined after Madrid were not ready to give him that play, to imagine how he rendered Benzema useless when he was around and look at him now when he's gone, Benzema is balling again, so many strikers lost their place in Madrid all because of him, he just wants to be the only one. if he and Benzema had work hand in hand I swear real Madrid would have lifted the league and champions League for straight ten years.

And yet he had more assists than Benzema in the time they spent together at Real Madrid. Placing him as simply a goal scorer who contributed nothing to the team play is grossly inaccurate.

And Benzema has even come out to say that he enjoyed the playmaking part of the game better than goal scoring. This was only some months ago.

So the idea that Ronaldo forced Benzema to serve as his ball boy and the other inaccurate garbage you all love spewing is just fuckîng wrong.

Try again

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again by tarantino1: 8:28am On Mar 16, 2022
bayelsaowei:
maybe if messi scored..but he didn't..however football isn't all about goals...you need a solid midfield to support strikers...and a team needs a solid defense to avert goals...

You get my point? It's crazy to wake up and declare oneself a GOAT because of goals...never.

What is the purpose of a supporting midfield and a good backline? To ensure that they have more goals than the opposition. At the end of the day, it all boils down to the goals.

That is not to say other parts are not important, they are, but discounting the pure importance of goals in football is just being dishonest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hugo Broos, Cameroon Coach Resigns After Humiliating Loss To Eagles / It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag / Hamraoui: Aminata Diallo Re-arrested By French Police Over Attack On Teammate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.