Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,672 members, 7,844,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? (10388 Views)

Can A Nigerian Become A Billionaire Without Patronizing Corruption Or Politics? / Lagos Government Is Not Patronizing Nigeria Car Industry / Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2011
kcswat:

my bad. i didint read it well.

its cool my brother
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by MeandSum: 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2011
ezeagu:

The northerners killed Tinapa when they failed to sign the tax whatever. There's no beating about the bush of what happened.

You don start again oh! yeye man. You see the hand of the Yoruba, Hausa man in every evil thing that happens to you. Life most be miserable for you.

Can you please tell us how the northerners kill the place? how many time have you been there yourself? tax my yansh! cheesy they have a free trade zone there which means no tax and the Fed government signed off on that.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by jason123: 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2011
MeandSum:

You don start again oh! yeye man. You see the hand of the Yoruba, Hausa man in every evil thing that happens to you. Life most be miserable for you.

Can you please tell us how the northerners kill the place? how many time have you been there yourself? tax my yansh! cheesy they have a free trade zone there which means no tax and the Fed government signed off on that.

ROMFLMAO!!!!
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by ebere1712: 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2011
alj_harem:

this thread is not about igbo forming there own country

but if they want to do so then by all mean please they can go, i do not beleive anyone shuld be forced in a union they do not like Undecided

but taking ijaw, ibibio etc land will cause war

as i said, innoson car need to do something about there marketing stragy

no one can force globacom on you or dangote sugar on you so why should we force innoson cars on other just because it is built in nigeria or according to alex101 and maybe u it is built by igbos Undecided

if the car is substandard, we can not say because we do not have proper health and safety officers to regulate innoson cars products

NIGERIA SHOULD NOT RISK THE LIFES OF PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE WE WANT TO SATISFY A GROUP OF PEOPLE ,., impossible

although i support innoson cars more an any toyota etc but we need a regularty body to keep them in check

according to what i can see, it is substandard because if it is high grade produce, the good people of enugu, anambra etc will be driving innoson cars or majority of them would be doing so

when globacom started, it begun in lagos (SW state) and the people loved it and it later spread to ogun and other south western state before moving to other parts of the country

same with onado, dangote, eleganza, spog,  so i don't see why SE can not do same by buying innoson cars then the good people of nigeria would see how good the product is and then buy the product

u see my friend charity begins at home
I'm sorry that you still dont understand what you did wrong  cry
1) why would I want to force anybody to buy innoson; is it my company?  undecided
2) The  dangote example is your worst ever. Maybe we should make car importation illegal and force yall to buy from locals. Thats by the way, I dont even give a rats ass.
3) How did you come to the conclusion that innoson cars  are substandard? Now this is the major problem with what you just spewed. You have come to the malevolent conclusion that innoson products (not a specific brand) are all substandard without any prove or research on that.
4) People like you are the reason aba made products dont have "made in aba" on their labels, you fail to patronise your own and believe in a delusion that some foreign messiah is coming to save you.

alj_harem:

but taking ijaw, ibibio etc land will cause war

Buhahaha!!!!!
You're a f*cking comedian
I wouldn't touch it with a long stick, even if it was offered for free. No thanks. grin
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by portage(m): 12:01am On Jul 02, 2011
Nice thread.

So far the only comment i appreciate most is the on on page 3 of the thread by one Laajman!

Just this week, i had this intellectual exchange with few guys on this nairaland regarding Hospitality and Tourism in Nigeria

Here's the link!!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-700753.0.html

or search here on nairaland:

Opportunities in Tourism & Hospitality in Nigeria

Cheers.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Wallie(m): 12:01am On Jul 02, 2011
jason123:

You need to tell me why I will go to TINAPA over Abuja or Dubai. Once you have an answer, then Tinapa might just work undecided

That's for the investors that paid $450 million to figure out.

Where did the money that financed the project come from? It seems like they had easy access to money.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2011
ebere1712:

1) why would I want to force anybody to buy innoson; is it my company?  undecided
2) The  dangote example is your worst ever. Maybe we should make car importation illegal and force yall to buy from locals. Thats by the way, I dont even give a rats Bottom.
3) How did you come to the conclusion that innoson cars  are substandard? Now this is the major problem with what you just spewed. You have come to the malevolent conclusion that innoson products (not a specific brand) are all substandard without any prove or research on that.
4) People like you are the reason aba made products dont have "made in aba" on their labels, you fail to patronise your own and believe in a delusion that some foreign messiah is coming to save you.

Buhahaha!!!!!
You're a bleeping comedian
I wouldn't touch it with a long stick, even if it was offered for free. No thanks. grin

smiley
ok brother let me explain
1)and 3) innoson cars are good and should be encouraged by all mean both by the people and the government but as i said earlier we need a regularty body to ensure such vehicles gets to worlds standards

2)ok why not pick globacom or onado since dangote is a bad example

4) aba made produces are sub-standard in all reasonable sense, i mean panadol in aba is crush chalk in capsules cry

i agree aba people are very talented and the fg needs to invest in them so as make standard produces

i also buy aba made goods sometimes but they ususlly fail within the time fraction an original(not necessary imported) would last for
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 02, 2011
Nigerians are still learning the hard way that the government has no business "investing" in any business venture be it farming, tourism or anything angry Experience has taught us that anything the Nigerian government "invests" in WILL ALWAYS FAIL!!! Why don't we learn this angry Imagine "investing" a whopping $450 million on a square footage that should not have cost more than $150 million angry, and it eventually failed with taxpayers money gone down the drain. A case of massive contract inflation and poor economic projections!!

And we still have some people on this thread imploring the government to "invest" in other business ventures that they have no business in angry. This was a white elephant project that was used to siphon and launder public funds. Some politicians have become billionaires off this project. How come private malls in Nigeria are thriving and Tinapa is a failure
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by MeandSum: 8:56am On Jul 02, 2011
ebere1712:

2) The  dangote example is your worst ever. Maybe we should make car importation illegal and force yall to buy from locals. Thats by the way, I dont even give a rats Bottom.

Buhahaha!!!!!
You're a bleeping comedian

Trust me, if we make car importation illegal, there'll be no innoson or what have you.  You guys keep trying to spin this as a made in Nigerian car. It is not. As far as i remember, it is a 100% made in China product assembled here.

It doesn't take a genius to do that.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by rex2: 10:24am On Jul 02, 2011
Was at Tinapa last year and almost cried cry . Infrastructure is there though dilapidating, but what i see is more about management and structural/ government support. Heard it was better in Duke's regime (probably becuase it was his baby) and when the next governor came, the manager was fired, one of the problems we have. lack of continuity. In new government, everyone wants to bring his own person and wants to get rid of the predecessor's appointee.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Horus(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2011
[size=15pt] Tinapa Resort a Waste As Calabar Port Remains Dormant[/size]

Managing Director of the Calabar Eco Marine Terminal, Kingsley Iheanacho has said that the Tinapa Resort business project would be a monumental waste if the Federal Government fails to dredge the Calabar Sea Port for activities to pick up. Iheanacho who lamented the decision of the contractors to abandon the dredging of the Calabar Sea Port, urged the government to as a matter of urgency address the very serious economic problem.

This is contrary to reports that the Federal Government has effected the dredging of the Calabar Sea Port to ensure that business activities get underway. Speaking with journalists in Calabar weekend during the tour of the Calabar Free Trade Zone and Tinapa Business Resort by Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA), Iheanacho who is the Managing Director of one of the firms that got the concession to run the port disclosed that activities at the port is near dormant situation.

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200905060413.html
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Kalman(m): 10:41am On Jul 02, 2011
The Trafford Centre is a large indoor shopping centre and leisure complex located in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford in Greater Manchester, close to the Trafford Park industrial estate.

The planning process for the Trafford Centre was one of the longest and most expansive in the history of the United Kingdom with concerns surrounding the effect the shopping centre would have on retailers in smaller towns and villages in the Greater Manchester conurbation and also traffic problems being so close to the M60 motorway. Ultimately the matter was decided by the House of Lords in 1996, which voted in favour of the development.

Twelve years after the Trafford Centre was first conceptualised by developers the Peel Group, the shopping centre opened in September 1998. Construction took 27 months and cost approximately £600 million (approximately £750M as of 2010), excluding new expansion such as Barton Square and redevelopment of some areas for anchor tenants.

The Trafford Centre is popularly known for its vivid and quirky resemblance to a rococo/late baroque architectural style. The centre is the second largest shopping centre in the UK by retail size and overall employs 8,000 people. Furthermore the centre attracts 30 million visits annually while 10 percent of the UK population live within a 45-minute drive of the shopping centre. It also boasts Europe's largest food court in The Orient and the UK's busiest cinema, attracting over 28,500 visitors each week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trafford_Centre

In my opinion, Nigerians should try to let things work. Noboby argued that simply because the idea was concieved in Manchester that it should be moved to London (by Redeem Camp, Lagos) or to Southhampton by the seaside (Wherever). They had their own fears but voted together and today everyone in the UK goes to trafford centre for shopping especially during the Xmas period.

And during such times there is usually sales off benefits, which means you get to buy at cheaper prices direct from the manufacturers.

Let it be moved here. it was not suppose to be here, these people don't want it to work, bla bla bla. These are all gibberish talks.

End: Nigeria would never be one, Tianpa or No Tinapa.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Kalman(m): 10:44am On Jul 02, 2011
Pictures of Trafford Centre Manchester

Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by tpia5: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2011
Bring in immigrants to revitalize the place.

Even western countries do the same.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by viruz007(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
@alj_harem jst shut ur lid cuz apparently u hav neva bin anywer. 4 ur info calabar airport is an international airport jst so u knw. Only God knws wat r leaders hav done to it. Tinapa failed cuz ur fg refused to sign sum papers plus greedy custom officers. 4 ur info, sum of us hav read and researched the master plan of tinapa and i must tel u, the f.g has no brain. So before u come here and say thinz u do not knw go and research. Mtcheewww!!! Am so irritated
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2011
viruz007:

@alj_harem jst shut your lid cuz apparently u hav neva bin anywer. 4 your info calabar airport is an international airport jst so u knw. Only God knws wat r leaders hav done to it. Tinapa failed cuz your fg refused to sign sum papers plus greedy custom officers. 4 your info, sum of us hav read and researched the master plan of tinapa and i must tel u, the f.g has no brain. So before u come here and say thinz u do not knw go and research. Mtcheewww!!! Am so irritated
grin grin grin

i think u are just an ideeiot even from the way u presented ur argument

please tell me when last calabar airport recieved bristish airways or virgin airways or even KLM

u really posted like an ideeiot u are

the FG has nothing to do with this because the governor of the state should have signed all the necessary papers before embarking on a muilti-million naira project

I mean what kind of leaders and followers are building in nigeria cry cry

and then again, u showed ur stu.pidity by talking about custom officers as if that will significantly reduce the potential of tinapa

Mr master plan, even if it was u that built tinapa urself, it shows u are a no-brainer really
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by ideylaff: 12:32am On Jul 03, 2011
Donald Duke looks bright but he his dumb, some 1 who used all his states resources to build Tinapa (white elephant project)that was a waste, when he could have used the resources to fix the poverty and educational challenges that were starring him in his face.

Who dey visit the Tinapa (much expensive than a 2 week holiday abroad) that he build on his ego trip. the project should have bn in phases.

No be only lion dey Kenya Games Reserve and dey make more from tourism than the whole 9ija put together.

Sorry Duke was and is a noise maker playing to the gallery. I was not one of the ones bn fooled, I could see right through him,

Building cable cars in a country that has no power, (LOL) I watch and see people praising him and I think they dont know
the amount of underage Prostitution going on in Cross River due to negligence of Education in Dukes time.
I have videos of schools with no chairs and black boards in that state. Yet he uses peoples money to invite Maxi Priest to come and sing @ their so called 30 day dance of shame called Carnival

A state where they do 30 days shame dancing and call it carnival

What a very productive way to shut a state down for 30 days.

He has so brain washed the people dancing with his wife in town like the head clown. and calling it Tourism shame, His successor Liyel Imoke too has joined
the same bandwagonw as well, Using the so called Carnival to steal state money with his wife shaking her big bosom all over town in the carnival train,
year after year idiots,

The fella Duke even uses state money to organise one yeye silly mountain marathon (obudu race) and boasts in shame that its the most expensive mountain cross country in the whole world in terms of prize money, 1 yeye oyinbo boy go come win amd and we pay them the prize money in dollars call world press to come and see , all these in the midst of poverty in his state, Talk about getting your priorities right, afterwards for the night party , he picks up his saxophone with his daughter and they start to blow one kind yeye tune, to the galerry, what a shame,

The total prize money for the 6th Obudu Mountain Race has been increased. This has become necessary with the introduction this year of the women version of the African Nation’s Mountain Running Championship.

The total prize money has gone up from $245,500 to $278,000. The prize money for the 1st – 10th position for the 6th Obudu Mountain Race however remain the same, graduated from $50,000, $20,000 and $9,000 respectively for 1st – 3rd positions. The prizes for 4th -10th remain at $4,500, $4,000, $3,000, $2,500, $2,000, $1,500 and $1,000 respectively.

According to William Archibong, the Chairman of the Local Organizing Committee, “the increase in the total figure is necessitated by the addition this year of the female team version of the African Nation’s Mountain Running Championship. The prize money for this event is also the same for both the men and women”.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by ideylaff: 12:40am On Jul 03, 2011
when we speak we speak with figures, facts and experience,

Duke embarked on that project without proper due diligence, we told him the amount he was borrowing from the World Bank was just to much burden for the state to bear and all he needed to do was do the project in Phases

Build one and generate revenue to sustain another but he went on building all over the place like an fool

eg: Their is a honey making factory in Tinapa that employs people, we said to him make the factory bigger, start to make honey and other stuff you can sell/export to generate revenue and then the money coming in is used to service another part of the project,

na he just ignored us all

what was Liyel Imokes cry as soon as he took over, he said there is no money in the treasury,

Duke might have meant well but his ego got in the way by trying to Finish Tinapa in one whole swoop.

Ok back to your line of argument, of no airport,

Will you take an Hippopotamus to an Area where there is drought or no water/pool at all and expect them to survive, naaaaaa

PDP did not frustrate Duke, he himself was leading himself blindly, why build like a bush man and then think of Airport afterwards,  look at Tinapas
1st plan it was phased but Duke thought Rome was built in a day.

The oyinbos even told him sir, why dont we build operate , generate revenue and build afterwards, he said naaaa in the presence of his wife

Na we start am an we go finish am kinda ego got in the way,   

Go to Kenya and see only Lions and Tigers generating money for tourism with less capital expended in the whole experience.

he must have thought Disney was built in one day,

Have u bn to Disney b4 u will see that year after year they add a new ride or new experiences to the  park to make it more interesting and eventful, They did not build Disney in 1 day

I am not talking of Tinapa from you tube video or NTA /CNN advert, I am talking 4rm facts based on experience

An ordinary tower (Eiffel tower) is generating more money than we can Imagine in Paris and Duke went on ds ego trip at the expense of his state

NB: A white elephant project = A rare, expensive possession that is a financial burden to maintain
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Desola(f): 9:43am On Jul 03, 2011
Ideylaff,

That was some serious thought provoking posts right there. They made me think so deeply that i almost cried.  cry
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by Afam4eva(m): 9:51am On Jul 03, 2011
Ideylaugh, you have hit the nail on the head.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by joecrack(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
@ I dey laugh
sempe for u,
na those when know fit talk.
What pains the most is that Crossiverians are so docile,
they've turned them into some dumb dancers while our leaders they chop they go.
Tell me,could something like this happen in a yoruba state,no,even if it's a one party state,they'll ask questions and scrutinize the whole idea,call for public hearing and so on,cuz its public funds and goodwill you are about to use,but no,we foolishly let the man dictate and shove it down our necks what ever he(duke) wanted,he was an emperor,the only strong opposition to him in the state was his deputy whom he murdered in cold blood,and when he left a zombie who as power minister told us we should not expect power till 2056,and under his watch over $16b was used for power projects without no single megawatt generated was made governor,as clueless as he is,funding athletics is his own lame legacy he'll leave behind.
All these happen when you decide to run a one party show,
Crossiverians pls less kick this guy out next year.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by jason123: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2011
joecrack:

@ I dey laugh
sempe for u,
na those when know fit talk.
What pains the most is that Crossiverians are so docile,
they've turned them into some dumb dancers while our leaders they chop they go.
Tell me,could something like this happen in a yoruba state,no,even if it's a one party state,they'll ask questions and scrutinize the whole idea,call for public hearing and so on,cuz its public funds and goodwill you are about to use,but no,we foolishly let the man dictate and shove it down our necks what ever he(duke) wanted,he was an emperor,the only strong opposition to him in the state was his deputy whom he murdered in cold blood,and when he left a zombie who as power minister told us we should not expect power till 2056,and under his watch over $16b was used for power projects without no single megawatt generated was made governor,as clueless as he is,funding athletics is his own lame legacy he'll leave behind.
All these happen when you decide to run a one party show,
Crossiverians pls less kick this guy out next year. 

Bros, until we start voting for people who we can hold accountable, there will be no head way. But I feel your pain.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2011
ideylaff, afam4ever and jeocrack

thank you for seeing the reality on ground yet some people will still come here and tell us how the fedral government, or abi na north and SW wey spoil the project tinapa
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by mensdept: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2011
Going over most una post, I've seen a few descent points, particularly from Alj harem.

Tinapa obviously was built, designed, and intended for richer folks of Nigerian extraction, both in Nigeria, and those based abroad, along with foreigners who-of course- had money to travel.

This leads us to some conclusions. Rich folks based in Nigeria are not reaaaally going to travel to Tinapa when they could simply travel to London, Dallas, or Dubai. And those that do travel around Nigeria, chances are they will travel to Lagos and Abuja first and foremeost, to do their shopping, site-seeing, etc.

Those Nigerians that travel from US or England, guess where they are landing- Lagos. (Some Abuja, others PH). If na Igbo, they are prob going to travel to their home state, and at the most, state capital or town in their state. If na Yoruba, they prob will do the same, and if they are Northern, prob go to their own state. Many Naija folks based abroad that travel home often dont have that extra time to travel to states outside their region/home state, especially for site-seeing.

Foreigners may travel to Calabar, but often travel to the happening places in a country.

So, without an Int'l airport, finalization of the port, and the fact that Tinapa was not built in a majority ethnic/populous area (Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta,Owerri, Enugu, Kaduna, Kano, Onitsha), chances of it being a flop were stacked.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by redsun(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2011
Nigeria is an emerging world,any investment there is bound to yeild,even if it is po o cleaning.Plans,harwork and diligence.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by KnowAll(m): 7:31pm On Jul 03, 2011
The bottom line to this abysmal failure is " Duke " was dumb. New Governors take note. !!!
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by member479760: 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2011
1. Tribalism killed it. Ibos/Calabar are still not ready to see people of not their type in their backyard. to turn around things, nigerians must be encourage to relocate to that place, you need people for show/market business. only your people cannot do it alone. Yorubas never develop Lagos alone, thanks to their open hearth and acceptability.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by ezeagu(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2011
nakedall:

1. Tribalism killed it. Ibos/Calabar are still not ready to see people of not their type in their backyard. to turn around things, nigerians must be encourage to relocate to that place, you need people for show/market business. only your people cannot do it alone. Yorubas never develop Lagos alone, thanks to their open hearth and acceptability.

Where did you hear this from, or did you decide it was by force to post a comment?
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by ola6: 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2011
nakedall:

Where did you get that info from Don't speak of things you know nothing about.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by pleep(m): 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
nakedall:

while ur peers are posting intelligent replies this is all u have. Sad plea 4 attention.
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by aljharem3: 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2011
nakedall:

i don't think tribalism killed it, i have been to calabar before and i can tell u they are very open minded people. and can i asked how u came to such a conclusion
Re: Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? by udezue(m): 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2011
Eastern governors need to realize that they can't run things just solo. If these states learn to start doing joint projects and actually watching what each state is doing and see how they can profit as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advice On Partnership Agreement? / 10 Tips For Protecting Your Debit Card From Fraud / 4 Ways To Improve Your Brand Identity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.