Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition (15893 Views)

Edo 2024: Philip Shaibu Declares Governorship Bid Under PDP / AnambraDecides: INEC Declares Governorship Election Inconclusive / Dino Melaye Declares Governorship Ambition? See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by ochejoseph(m): 7:07am On Mar 16, 2022
A leading aspirant for the Governorship of Akwa Ibom State and former Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Luke Onofiok will be Holding a Special Thanksgiving to appreciate God for his political journey thus far and to officially declare his intention to run for the office of Governor of Akwa Ibom.

In a tweet on his official handle, Onofiok who is currently representing the people of Etinan/Nsit Federal Constituency in Akwa Ibom State wrote:

"Inviting Friends, Well wishers, Dreamers, Visionaries, Builders, Citizens and Residents.
Join me in Thanksgiving to God for His Amazing Grace upon my life,as I will also share thoughts on our proposals for Building Together, Growing Together.
#BuildingOurPeople
#AmazingGrace
#GOAL"

The Event which is packaged as part of his birthday celebration today is expected to hold at the Ibom Hall Grounds.

Onofiok, a grassroots politician has been in the forefront of promoting inclusiveness and good governance in Akwa Ibom state.

His passion for development and contributions was instrumental to the resolution of the Niger Delta Crisis Under President Yar'adua which culminated in the Amnesty program that eventually brought peace to the region.

His ambition has drawn widespread support from accross the state, as elders, young people and women continue to coalesce forces to ensure he emerges as Governor come 2023.

Source:
https://twitter.com/AmazingGraceCO/status/1503814120004538376?s=19

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Egobetafor9ja: 7:10am On Mar 16, 2022
Good one

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by KikBuhari2Daura: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2022
I know this guy when he was speakr he is a Grassroots Politician No wonder people are flocking around him

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by PublicHealthNig: 7:15am On Mar 16, 2022
We wish him all the best

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by mrvitalis(m): 7:38am On Mar 16, 2022
My advice to this guy is simple ...strike a deal with OBA take his senate seat while OBA becomes governor ...

The only way they can defeat that Udom candidate is to team up together ... Luke is younger he should go to senate for now who knows he might be the next senate president

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by ify01: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2022
Watching
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by omoredia: 7:42am On Mar 16, 2022
Oka
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by pmc01(m): 7:43am On Mar 16, 2022
I guess this is a sponsored post, cos I don't see how this is everybody's business.

He should contest if he wants to please.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:43am On Mar 16, 2022
Best of luck.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by proxitaly: 7:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Victor Attah --- Uyo sen district

Godswill Akpabio ---- Ikot Ekpene sen District

Udom Emmanuel ---- Eket Sen District

I believe the next governor should be from Uyo again. And that next governor should be someone who could develop the human resources of Akwa Ibomites. It's sad to see a state so blessed and full of infrastructures but it's citizens prefer living in slums of Port Harcourt, Aba, and other cities

14 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Surw: 7:44am On Mar 16, 2022

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by telaviv01: 7:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Los Angeles is anything and the entirety for first time visitors. It’s the center of movie star and influencer lifestyle. It’s an international hub of arts, layout, creativity, and entertainment. Kosher catering in Los Angeles It’s additionally one of the greatest locations to consume inside the usa, not handiest for its infinite sorts of cuisines, however additionally for its outstanding sparkling produce and proficient cooks. Over the beyond few years, the challenges for restaurants were gigantic, with numerous cherished locations both laying dormant or final outright. However, it looks as if many eating places and bars are ultimately back at complete capability.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Pele10: 7:44am On Mar 16, 2022
This state is bless. They have been furtunate to have infrastuctural development driven governors like Obong Victor attah, Godswill akpabio and Udom Emmanuel. i pray the next should be even better.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by bigdammyj: 7:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Noted
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Great100000: 7:45am On Mar 16, 2022
Akwa Ibom Ayaya.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by opalu: 7:45am On Mar 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by MrSamsung(m): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2022
Akwa Ibom men too fine even with kpomo head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by money121(m): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Fernandeswagger(m): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:
My advice to this guy is simple ...strike a deal with OBA take his senate seat while OBA becomes governor ...

The only way they can defeat that Udom candidate is to team up together ... Luke is younger he should go to senate for now who knows he might be the next senate president

A lot of sense in your post. But I'm sure Luke is also considering the fact that before the governor's post comes back to his zone, sixteen years would have passed and that time they'll be other candidates probably stronger.

I like your advice, very sensible. But I prefer Onofiok to OBA maybe I'm biased as I know Onofiok from way back.

14 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by focotal: 7:47am On Mar 16, 2022
Stay charged up, Never run out of juice with the amazing Jo+way 40,000mah..

Dual ports, LED display, 22.5w fastcharge.

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

WhatsApp/Call: 0 8 1 6 8 2 1 1 8 8 8

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Rastaramsey(m): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2022
No be to thief undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by GardenOfGod(m): 7:49am On Mar 16, 2022
Good... He will make a good representation as Governor.
Udom should forsake the idea of a successor as he performed below average.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by MNDY(m): 7:49am On Mar 16, 2022
focotal:
Stay charged up, Never run out of juice with the amazing Jo+way 40,000mah..

Dual ports, LED display, 22.5w fastcharge.

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

WhatsApp/Call: 0 8 1 6 8 2 1 1 8 8 8

How much?
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Adabestseason(m): 7:50am On Mar 16, 2022
Man knows thyself,every Tom and Harry is eyeing hilltop now,not that they have anything to offer but oaths and fetish ideas.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by GardenOfGod(m): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2022
MrSamsung:
Akwa Ibom men too fine even with kpomo head
We over fresh dude... Our girls are crazy sexy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by frankson1(m): 7:54am On Mar 16, 2022
proxitaly:
Victor Attah --- Uyo sen district

Godswill Akpabio ---- Ikot Ekpene sen District

Udom Emmanuel ---- Eket Sen District

I believe the next governor should be from Uyo again. And that next governor should be someone who could develop the human resources of Akwa Ibomites. It's sad to see a state so blessed and full of infrastructures but it's citizens prefer living in slums of Port Harcourt, Aba, and other cities

How about Oron

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by bravetentewa(m): 7:58am On Mar 16, 2022
Fernandeswagger:

A lot of sense in your post. But I'm sure Luke is also considering the fact that before the governor's post comes back to his zone, sixteen years would have passed and that time they'll be other candidates probably stronger.

I like your advice, very sensible. But I prefer Onofiok to OBA maybe I'm biased as I know Onofiok from way back.

Onofiok can be trusted.

The worst mistake any Akwa Ibomite will likely make is to vote Umo Eno. Whether he is the governor's annointed or not.

OBA has a good support network and so also does Oniofiok but individually they cannot beat Umo Eno. That man has money oo and don't forget his has been a sole Mobil contractor for more than a decade. Only teaming and grassroots support can help them win and they will need a divide and conquer tactics too

All in all, let the best team.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by DissTroy(m): 7:58am On Mar 16, 2022
Onofiok Luke would be fitting as a Governor. He's young, has connection with the youth even while he was a student activist, had many youth-friendly policies while he was Speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, a breakaway from the old stock, and the elderly and religious love him.

He's got two things he needs to overturn though:

1. Leaving the PDP as they have a zoning (and microzoning) arrangement, and the Governor has pitched tent with Pastor Umo Eno, and;

2. The confraternity tag. It's the same problem Sen. Obong Bassey Albert has. The state being very religious and peaceful, people don't want any governor with obvious ties to any confraternity. That was one of Gov. Udom's selling point in 2014.

But I like Onofiok.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Annymichaelz(m): 7:58am On Mar 16, 2022
That’s the next Governor of Akwa Ibom state by God’s Grace.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by mrvitalis(m): 7:59am On Mar 16, 2022
Fernandeswagger:

In 16 years he would be 50+ which is still young enough

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pat Utomi: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is Not A Hindrance To Good Leadership / Buhari Appoints Orelope-Adefulire SSA On Sdgs / Katsina Youths Begin Door-To-Door Campaign, Pledges One Million Votes For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.