Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,618 members, 7,827,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition (15913 Views)

Edo 2024: Philip Shaibu Declares Governorship Bid Under PDP / AnambraDecides: INEC Declares Governorship Election Inconclusive / Dino Melaye Declares Governorship Ambition? See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Bennycollins: 8:00am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:
My advice to this guy is simple ...strike a deal with OBA take his senate seat while OBA becomes governor ...

The only way they can defeat that Udom candidate is to team up together ... Luke is younger he should go to senate for now who knows he might be the next senate president
I agree with you that he better consider the Senate, who knows he is indirectly targeting the Senate with this his 'ambition'. But he and OBA can't stop Udom as Udom is one gov. on the good books of the NWC of PDP.
They can consider another platform .
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:03am On Mar 16, 2022
I don't like career politicians occupying executive position. I preferred technocrats occupying executive seat while career politicians/activists occupies legislative seat. That is my take

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by proxitaly: 8:03am On Mar 16, 2022
frankson1:

How about Oron

Oron is under Eket Sen District
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by kingyakos: 8:04am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:
My advice to this guy is simple ...strike a deal with OBA take his senate seat while OBA becomes governor ...

The only way they can defeat that Udom candidate is to team up together ... Luke is younger he should go to senate for now who knows he might be the next senate president

Are u in your right sense
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Uruan2023: 8:07am On Mar 16, 2022
One of the best Aspirants but...will the system he helped solidify (governor's choice) be soft and willing to lose??

OBA
Onofiok
Eno Umoh (udom boy)
Akan Udofia
Baba Ntan

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Bennycollins: 8:08am On Mar 16, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Good... He will make a good representation as Governor.
Udom should forsake the idea of a successor as he performed below average.
Leave Udom, from the profile of that Umo Eno man, he is a very saleable candidate and more technocrat than both OBA and Onofiok.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by IfnobeGod20: 8:10am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

First term Senator be a Senate President. Some of you guys don't know the rule of the Senate. The Senate President is given to a ranking senator and not first timer.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by mrvitalis(m): 8:10am On Mar 16, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

First term Senator be a Senate President. Some of you guys don't know the rule of the Senate. The Senate President is given to a ranking senator and not first timer.
He has already been to house of reps that's serves too ..go and read the rules

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Fernandeswagger(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

In 16 years he would be 50+ which is still young enough

Actually he'll be 60 since he's 44 this year. But 60 isn't bad for a governor by then he would have acquired a lot of experience.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by DissTroy(m): 8:18am On Mar 16, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
I don't like career politicians occupying executive position. I preferred technocrats occupying executive seat while career politicians/activists occupies legislative seat. That is my take
True. But we had the same thoughts in 2014.

H.E. Arc. (Obong) Victor Attah (1999- 2007) is a technocrat and he did exceptionally well, laying the foundation and framework for the modern Akwa Ibom as governor.

H.E. Godswill Akpabio (2007 - 2015) is a career politician and showman yet he took Akwa Ibom to greater heights.

Gov. Udom is a technocrat and former Executive Director of Zenith Bank so we expected a lot, but he's performed below expectations.

What we need are people who understand grassroot politics and connect with the everyday person. Both former governors had that quality.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by AFONAMARO: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2022
kingyakos:

Are u in your right sense

No, he's in your left sense
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Solojar27(m): 8:19am On Mar 16, 2022
I will teach you how to make money online selling digital products. https:///r5ncmo. Chat me on 08081115502
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Edipet(m): 8:28am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

you are right bro... because the people of the state want either OBA or Luke, now he wants to put division between their supporters

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by frankson1(m): 8:38am On Mar 16, 2022
proxitaly:

Oron is under Eket Sen District

Thanks. I never knew.

I'd still suggest that someone from that LG should be the governor so that development can extend to that axis.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Amumaigwe: 8:40am On Mar 16, 2022
KikBuhari2Daura:
I know this guy when he was speakr he is a Grassroots Politician No wonder people are flocking around him

Too late.
One Pastor has already knelt down before Governor Udom and has been anointed his successor.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Phaantom22: 8:46am On Mar 16, 2022
bravetentewa:

Onofiok can be trusted.

The worst mistake any Akwa Ibomite will likely make is to vote Umo Eno. Whether he is the governor's annointed or not.

OBA has a good support network and so also does Oniofiok but individually they cannot beat Umo Eno. That man has money oo and don't forget his has been a sole Mobil contractor for more than a decade. Only teaming and grassroots support can help them win and they will need a divide and conquer tactics too

All in all, let the best team.

Well Said, o don't think oh Eno can match OBA financially but beyond that winning elections is not all about how much is in your account but the support and trust that you have built for yourself. Moreover OBA is a Force to reckon politically.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Mikekan30: 8:57am On Mar 16, 2022
proxitaly:
Victor Attah --- Uyo sen district

Godswill Akpabio ---- Ikot Ekpene sen District

Udom Emmanuel ---- Eket Sen District

I believe the next governor should be from Uyo again. And that next governor should be someone who could develop the human resources of Akwa Ibomites. It's sad to see a state so blessed and full of infrastructures but it's citizens prefer living in slums of Port Harcourt, Aba, and other cities

Can you please shut up? Travelling is by choice, the igbos travel, the yorubas travel, the hausas travel but a local Minded person like you don't travel but seat there In your low life territory and write rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by kenny714433(m): 9:01am On Mar 16, 2022
Akwa Ibom State come 2023

We want either Onofiok Luke or OBA at the hilltop. Though we know all of them are the same, these two candidates might do well than the rest of the candidates.

We'd prefer Onofiok Luke to everyone though, he'll take A'Ibom state to a greater height.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:06am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

My guy,you are thinking like me.him and oba made ungrateful udom win second term and udom wants to betray him.I heard udom has compromises him.I support oba.both should work together and dysgrace udom.yesterday senator Chris ekpenyong endorsed oba
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by winner37(m): 9:07am On Mar 16, 2022
This story i have heard from the previous governors even the one now is my local government brother promising earth and heaven ..
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:08am On Mar 16, 2022
Fernandeswagger:

A lot of sense in your post. But I'm sure Luke is also considering the fact that before the governor's post comes back to his zone, sixteen years would have passed and that time they'll be other candidates probably stronger.

I like your advice, very sensible. But I prefer Onofiok to OBA maybe I'm biased as I know Onofiok from way back.

Luke is very young,about 40.he can wait for 16 years in the Senate plus within uyo zone, it is the. Turn of ITU/ibiono where Oba is from

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:12am On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
I agree with you that he better consider the Senate, who knows he is indirectly targeting the Senate with this his 'ambition'. But he and OBA can't stop Udom as Udom is one gov. on the good books of the NWC of PDP.
They can consider another platform .

You lie.both of them made udom governor and can remove him.udom is not a core politician.majority of those in aks pdp prefer oba.akpabio won ticket in 2007 against attah's candidate

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:12am On Mar 16, 2022
Odidigboigbo:

Udom promised them guber ticket
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:13am On Mar 16, 2022
Uruan2023:
One of the best Aspirants but...will the system he helped solidify (governor's choice) be soft and willing to lose??

OBA
Onofiok
Eno Umoh (udom boy)
Akan Udofia
Baba Ntan

Oba is the next gov

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:14am On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
Leave Udom, from the profile of that Umo Eno man, he is a very saleable candidate and more technocrat than both OBA and Onofiok.

Rubbish.no one knows umo eno.oba is the next governor

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by na2016: 9:14am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

There is oil in your head. Good advice
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:14am On Mar 16, 2022
DissTroy:

True. But we had the same thoughts in 2014.

H.E. Arc. (Obong) Victor Attah (1999- 2007) is a technocrat and he did exceptionally well, laying the foundation and framework for the modern Akwa Ibom as governor.

H.E. Godswill Akpabio (2007 - 2015) is a career politician and showman yet he took Akwa Ibom to greater heights.

Gov. Udom is a technocrat and former Executive Director of Zenith Bank so we expected a lot, but he's performed below expectations.

What we need are people who understand grassroot politics and connect with the everyday person. Both former governors had that quality.
Akpabio was never in politics until he was appointed a commissioner. Akpabio was in Lagos managing his small law firm before he was appointed commissioner by Victor Attah.
Udom Emmanuel didn't perform badly, his only problem is that he is too elitist.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by na2016: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

What makes a Eno Umo a technocrat?
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2022
Amumaigwe:

Too late.
One Pastor has already knelt down before Governor Udom and has been anointed his successor.

He is wasting his time.Oba is the next governor
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2022
na2016:

What makes a Eno Umo a technocrat?

Did I say eno is a technocrat?
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Bennycollins: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

you again? Okay we will talk again in the months ahead.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2022
kenny714433:
Akwa Ibom State come 2023

We want either Onofiok Luke or OBA at the hilltop. Though we know all of them are the same, these two candidates might do well than the rest of the candidates.

We'd prefer Onofiok Luke to everyone though, he'll take A'Ibom state to a greater height.

No,oba is better.Luke will go to senate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Mourns Victims Of Kwara Boat Mishap / "I See Leaders Falling At The Feet Of Women In 2018" - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Troops Neutralize Scores Of Terrorists In Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.