Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition (15906 Views)

Edo 2024: Philip Shaibu Declares Governorship Bid Under PDP / AnambraDecides: INEC Declares Governorship Election Inconclusive / Dino Melaye Declares Governorship Ambition? See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 11:57am On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

it will not be fair bros, Etinan had senator Effiong Bob as senator in 2003-2011 two -term
so where do place Uruan, Ibesikpo, who are yet to produce a senator? Nsit Atai people wants uyo fed consistuency
, how do u feel Umo Eno from Etinan fed.consistuency, senator also from Etinan

for equity and fairness in my opinion Etinan should wait till when senate return to their zone,
govnor should move to itu-ibiono, oron gets deputy govnor, speaker goes to ikot ekpene
ssg can go to etinan

True but how do we compensate Luke? He can't go back to reps like that na
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by frankson1(m): 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:
oron may get deputy govnor this time

I hope so. Development needs to get there.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Aeoner4: 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
Umoh Eno is going to be worse than Udom. Mark my words. He is a lap dog.

On the other hand, Onofiok is young, has been in the corridors of power and outspoken.

He will do well for AKS

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
This man you are very funny. We are talking about a a credible candidate with capacity for effective governance you are talking about thugs. Continue to boast in your thugs. The world has moved. Go and check out the notable endorsements of Pst. Eno, if you are not in Aks now. It's a done deal. You are not even helping OBA by mentioning that he uses thugs on a public forum like this. If a politician is not accepted by the people then he resorts to bullying.

endorsements ceremonies does not equals primaries, how many of them are delegates? ceremonies in the day time, secret meetings in odd hour, Akan Okon has resigned already to declare his guber intentions. umo Eno choice does not really go down well with the people cos hes relatively unknown.
some of the state excos, state house members and greater number of statutory delegates are OBA die-hard supporters, they're only keeping quiet till when the time is set. udom should shakeup his cabinet now, though it seems late, primaries is already here.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
So we heard when Akpabio presented Udom. �

Udom came on Senator AKPABIO'S goodwill, as well as good performances.
AKS people objected initially but we had to looked back at what he has done, promising that udom will help industrialized the state, create jobs for the people. but today AKS ranks as highest in unemployment after 7years

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by collele(m): 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2022
focotal:
Stay charged up, Never run out of juice with the amazing Jo+way 40,000mah..

Dual ports, LED display, 22.5w fastcharge.

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

WhatsApp/Call: 0 8 1 6 8 2 1 1 8 8 8

How much?
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

You are right but Luke has a better chance than all of them.
its won't just work, i prefer 2nd term in the green chamber to continue his good works. maybe deputy govnor when power returns to ikot ekpene senatorial district which Abak 5 will produce govnor, Enoidem who wants to go senate to rest and hon Aniekan Umanah of the green chambers will slug it out when time comes
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Chriz(m): 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
He is a Rt. Hon. remember
IfnobeGod20:

First term Senator be a Senate President. Some of you guys don't know the rule of the Senate. The Senate President is given to a ranking senator and not first timer.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Bennycollins: 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

endorsements ceremonies does not equals primaries, how many of them are delegates? ceremonies in the day time, secret meetings in odd hour, Akan Okon has resigned already to declare his guber intentions. umo Eno choice does not really go down well with the people cos hes relatively unknown.
some of the state excos, state house members and greater number of statutory delegates are OBA die-hard supporters, they're only keeping quiet till when the time is set. udom should shakeup his cabinet now, though it seems late, primaries is already here.
Bros Eno has been consulting statutory delegates across the three senatorial districts, whom have promised their support. Other delegates will be determined by how well udom plays his cards with the Nwc. He does not need to secure 100% of the votes, that is why it's even better for him as more people are declaring. Not also that the aspirants will be screened by the NWC. No need for long argument. This is politicking season, let watch out.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by lexyclasy: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:
My advice to this guy is simple ...strike a deal with OBA take his senate seat while OBA becomes governor ...

The only way they can defeat that Udom candidate is to team up together ... Luke is younger he should go to senate for now who knows he might be the next senate president
The very candid advice.....
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by lexyclasy: 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

AKS people objected initially but we had to looked back at what he has done, promising that udom will help industrialized the state, create jobs for the people. but today AKS ranks as highest in unemployment after 7years
Which highest, check your records bro
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:
its won't just work, i prefer 2nd term in the green chamber to continue his good works. maybe deputy govnor when power returns to ikot ekpene senatorial district which Abak 5 will produce govnor, Enoidem who wants to go senate to rest and hon Aniekan Umanah of the green chambers will slug it out when time comes

You really know aks politics.its better Luke remains in the reps for two more terms while inn 8 years time he can go for senate and 16 years,governor.it. seems ukarakpa is not going for a second term but I suspect that akpabio is going for senate.better still,Luke can defect to APC and go for senate
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

With uncompleted projects littered everywhere.aks needs someone who understands politics and business
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 1:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
Bros Eno has been consulting statutory delegates across the three senatorial districts, whom have promised their support. Other delegates will be determined by how well udom plays his cards with the Nwc. He does not need to secure 100% of the votes, that is why it's even better for him as more people are declaring. Not also that the aspirants will be screened by the NWC. No need for long argument. This is politicking season, let watch out.

Majority of those delegates are longtine supporters of oba.eno is a stranger wasting his time.it is like amechi going to beg faleke to vote for him during the primaries...
Seriously,your support for udom candidate is annoying and nauseating.it smackks of servant syndrome.even if udom brings his wife,you will still support.unfortunately for udom,his cabinet members cannot become pdp delegates.the delegates are already known and nwc can't do anything.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

Section 84 subsection 12 of the new electoral act has finished udom. I just discovered that ibiono ibom gave pdp the highest votes in akwa ibom even morrw than onna.sen ita enang was powerless.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
In a very fair primaries without any interference from the sitting , Senator OBA wins landslide, he is a 5-star Governorship material who feels and knows how to tackle AKS peculiar problems, his performances at the red chamber speaks volume chairing senate committee on Gas as a first timer, currently chairs upstream Oil and Gas Committee as a ranking senator, a 5-star senator for that matter, his empowerment and scholarships programmes as senator makes me wanna feel jealous smiley about Uyo senatorial district beneficiaries, at the same time happy that he could touch lives through that medium, he even accommodate undergraduates from other senatorial districts who applied and passed the aptitude test with monthly stipends.

i'm not surprise, he was also a 5-star commissioner of finance who also chaired the inter-ministerial and direct labour project committee under Senator Akpabio's administration, saddles with the responsibility of delivering thousands of top-notch,live-touching projects across the length and breaths of AKS which he did by engaging the youths, local contractors, etc as part of his effort to empower people who has something tangible to offer at each project sites thereby reducing hunger in the land.

Together with onofiok luke they offered financial assistance, job placements to whosoever that come across them.
i wish both of them well in the forthcoming primaries as they try to convince the people by tackling issues on ground for the common good of AKS People.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

Section 84 subsection 12 of the new electoral act has finished udom. I just discovered that ibiono ibom gave pdp the highest votes in akwa ibom even morrw than onna.sen ita enang was powerless.

yes, ibiono gave udom block votes during his 1st n 2nd term, courtesy OBA and others from ibiono, which OBA played a key role, gave his storey building at 4lanes as campaign office of his excellency dcn udom free of charge in his solidarity support to his bid as govnor.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

yes, ibiono gave udom block votes during his 1st n 2nd term, courtesy OBA and others from ibiono, which OBA played a key role, gave his storey building at 4lanes as campaign office of his excellency dcn udom free of charge in his solidarity support to his bid as govnor.

And now udom wants to stab him.what sort of a xtian is he
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

You really know aks politics.its better Luke remains in the reps for two more terms while inn 8 years time he can go for senate and 16 years,governor.it. seems ukarakpa is not going for a second term but I suspect that akpabio is going for senate.better still,Luke can defect to APC and go for senate

APC is yet to put their house in order both state n federal, thats why there will have been massive defections after the govnor unveils Umo Eno thats what is giving the govnor a lil strength. luke can only remain for one more term in the green chamber, to allow Nsit Ibom or Etinan to produce Member,FHOR but Hon Sam Ikon took the turn of Etinan, its now open for Nsit Ibom to bring up cadidate, for FHOR.

Senator Effing Bob took the turn of Nsit Ubium LGA for 2-term (2003-2011) where Luke hails from,its naturally open to Etinan or Nsit Ibom to produce Senator if its micro-zone to Etinan fed. consistuency for equity n fairness.

if Luke does not succeed as govnor this time, he will have to wait for 24year when uyo will produce govnor again meaning the 2 other districts will have their turn of 8years each according power rotation in the state, except miracle happens for him to emerge now, may if he decamps to APC when put they their house is inorder, or who has the APC structure in the state btw Akpabio n udoedghe, if its Akpabio he might have an easy ride to emerge, but i dont see it coming maybe 2027.
ukarapka has dropped his 2nd term bid as he has completed the turn of ikot ekpene to produce senator, Akpabio's 1term n his own term, he even endorsed Enoidem to run, it was well calculated by Enoidem, when he backed ukarakpa to run when senator Akpabio defected to APC, its fair for abak fed.const. to produce senator, which Enoidem is already consulting widely to become senator, note they never had a senator from that axis before. if enoidem succeed as senator for 8years he will be contesting for govnor come 2031, when power rotates to Abak5 , mark my word.
i so much believe in power sharing for equity, justice n fairness.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

And now udom wants to stab him.what sort of a xtian is he

thats politics for you, no permanent friend, no permanent enemy.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

APC is yet to put their house in order both state n federal, thats why there will have been massive defections after the govnor unveils Umo Eno thats what is giving the govnor a lil strength. luke can only remain for one more term in the green chamber, to allow Nsit Ibom or Etinan to produce Member,FHOR but Hon Sam Ikon took the turn of Etinan, its now open for Nsit Ibom to bring up cadidate, for FHOR.

Senator Effing Bob took the turn of Nsit Ubium LGA for 2-term (2003-2011) where Luke hails from,its naturally open to Etinan or Nsit Ibom to produce Senator if its micro-zone to Etinan fed. consistuency for equity n fairness.

if Luke does not succeed as govnor this time, he will have to wait for 24year when uyo will produce govnor again meaning the 2 other districts will have their turn of 8years each according power rotation in the state, except miracle happens for him to emerge now, may if he decamps to APC when put they their house is inorder, or who has the APC structure in the state btw Akpabio n udoedghe, if its Akpabio he might have an easy ride to emerge, but i dont see it coming maybe 2027.
ukarapka has dropped his 2nd term bid as he has completed the turn of ikot ekpene to produce senator, Akpabio's 1term n his own term, he even endorsed Enoidem to run, it was well calculated by Enoidem, when he backed ukarakpa to run when senator Akpabio defected to APC, its fair for abak fed.const. to produce senator, which Enoidem is already consulting widely to become senator, note they never had a senator from that axis before. if enoidem succeed as senator for 8years he will be contesting for govnor come 2031, when power rotates to Abak5 , mark my word.
i so much believe in power sharing for equity, justice n fairness.

Sorry,I thought ukarakpa is from oruk anam which is part of abak 5? I think apc is divided between ita enang,akpabio,udoedehe and umanah but as it stands,udoedehe has the uppeerhand by virtue of being apc secretary.he will certainly emerge apc candidate except others gangup against him like they did in 2019.Albert can unite apc
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2022
lexyclasy:
Which highest, check your records bro
i beg ur pardon, one of the highest, records from FBS of late last year shows that, which hasnt change significantly after noise of claimed industrialization everywhere in the state. ibom air is laudable as its project the state to the globe n a sense of pride to indigene of the state, but still hasnt taken jobless youth off the streets.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

Sorry,I thought ukarakpa is from oruk anam which is part of abak 5? I think apc is divided between ita enang,akpabio,udoedehe and umanah but as it stands,udoedehe has the uppeerhand by virtue of being apc secretary.he will certainly emerge apc candidate except others gangup against him like they did in 2019.Albert can unite apc

ukarakpa is from obot akara LGA while Senator Akpabio is from Essien Udium LGA both of them shared 2term senatorial seat, 1term each mearnt for ikot ekpene fed const. senator ibok Essien took the turn of ikot ekpene LGA since in 1999. senator Aloysius Etok took the turn of ikono/ini in 2003 or so.

senate has shift to abak5, which Enoidem is a frontline aspirant, from Abak fed const.

after this it will be micro zoned to oruk anam n ukanafun fed. const. to produce senator except a candidate from another party n from other fed.const. truncates the rotation arrangement.
i dont see APC pose a threat at this time in the state maybe buildup to 2027. by that time they might have sort out their differences.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by poiZon: 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
proxitaly:
Victor Attah --- Uyo sen district

Godswill Akpabio ---- Ikot Ekpene sen District

Udom Emmanuel ---- Eket Sen District

I believe the next governor should be from Uyo again. And that next governor should be someone who could develop the human resources of Akwa Ibomites. It's sad to see a state so blessed and full of infrastructures but it's citizens prefer living in slums of Port Harcourt, Aba, and other cities
Are u saying na non-indigenes occupy all the porch estates in akwaibom?
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Fernandeswagger(m): 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:

add 24years to his current(44) age cos its 8years across 3 senatorial districts except miracle happens subsequently. deputy govnor slot for him if power shift to other district which to me its not bad cos he has carved a niche for himself.

You are very correct. I forgot that most times the incumbent governor runs for a second term. Effectively that means if he doesn't get it this time, he'll wait 24 years likely and that's a long time. Anything can happen by then.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Fernandeswagger(m): 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

Luke is very young,about 40.he can wait for 16 years in the Senate plus within uyo zone, it is the. Turn of ITU/ibiono where Oba is from

If he fails to get the nomination for governorship can he still go for Senate? I'm sure it would have been late by then since the senatorial aspirant would have be selected at that time. I might be wrong though. It's a gamble, senate would have been surer for him.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by powerhouse3(m): 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2022
What's the achievement of OBA after being in the Senate for many years?...

He associates with fraternity openly and it's a no no for an average Akwa ibomite...

We are only sympathetic to onofiok Luke and I'm sure Akpabio too will not like to.see OBA on the seat.....even the obongs are against him..

OBA should rest

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
Fernandeswagger:

If he fails to get the nomination for governorship can he still go for Senate? I'm sure it would have been late by then since the senatorial aspirant would have be selected at that time. I might be wrong though. It's a gamble, senate would have been surer for him.

True.he might buy two tickets.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2022
powerhouse3:
What's the achievement of OBA after being in the Senate for many years?...

He associates with fraternity openly and it's a no no for an average Akwa ibomite...

We are only sympathetic to onofiok Luke and I'm sure Akpabio too will not like to.see OBA on the seat.....even the obongs are against him..

OBA should rest

If akpabio can push him to senate,why not gov? Even Luke belong.most of those politicians are in one cult or the other
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by 2Ways(m): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2022
Amazing grace...
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
Fernandeswagger:

You are very correct. I forgot that most times the incumbent governor runs for a second term. Effectively that means if he doesn't get it this time, he'll wait 24 years likely and that's a long time. Anything can happen by then.

Exactly, my broda
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
saintkeppy:

He was well pleased

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Civil Society Groups Protest In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity, Naira Swap Issues / FG To Build NDLEA Barracks With N5.2bn / Ben Murray-Bruce Gives His Mother A Peck (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.