Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition (15911 Views)

Edo 2024: Philip Shaibu Declares Governorship Bid Under PDP / AnambraDecides: INEC Declares Governorship Election Inconclusive / Dino Melaye Declares Governorship Ambition? See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:17am On Mar 16, 2022
Phaantom22:

Well Said, o don't think oh Eno can match OBA financially but beyond that winning elections is not all about how much is in your account but the support and trust that you have built for yourself. Moreover OBA is a Force to reckon politically.

Oba will disgrace eno and udom
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by shadrach77: 9:17am On Mar 16, 2022
The guy is handsome sha wink
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:18am On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
you again? Okay we will talk again in the months ahead.

Guy,aks is too big for udom to choose a governor for.Oba it is or apc takes over
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by princesso16(m): 9:19am On Mar 16, 2022
Oron is not a SENATORIAL DISTRICT and is under Eket Senatorial District
frankson1:

How about Oron

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by kingyakos: 9:20am On Mar 16, 2022
AFONAMARO:

No, he's in your left sense

I thought as much.
Locals
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by princesso16(m): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2022
After the Primaries, we will know.
OBA supporters should be careful so that the boss will not suffer setback because what I have seen those guys doing are terrible
garfield1:

Oba will disgrace eno and udom
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Bennycollins: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

You lie.both of them made udom governor and can remove him.udom is not a core politician.majority of those in aks pdp prefer oba.akpabio won ticket in 2007 against attah's candidate
How did they make udom Governor? That they supported Akpabio's choice of Udom does not mean they made him governor . Rather they had to fall in line with Akpabio's plot for their own respective interests which was served in becoming speaker and returning to the Senate. Remember OBA even attempted to contest in 2015 before he was prevailed upon to drop his ambition.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Bennycollins: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

Guy,aks is too big for udom to choose a governor for.Oba it is or apc takes over
2023 no far again.�
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
How did they make udom Governor? That they supported Akpabio's choice of Udom does not mean they made him governor . Rather they had to fall in line with Akpabio's plot for their own respective interests which was served in becoming speaker and returning to the Senate. Remember OBA even attempted to contest in 2015 before he was prevailed upon to drop his ambition.

Oba was prevailed in 2015 with the promise of being governor in 2023.oba would have defected in 2019 if not that udom promised him guber.majority of the thugs that defeated apc are oba boys.udom on his own was overwhelmed.udom has served his term,let him go.he cannot impose anyone or decide for aks
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 9:40am On Mar 16, 2022
princesso16:
After the Primaries, we will know.
OBA supporters should be careful so that the boss will not suffer setback because what I have seen those guys doing are terrible

The new elector act has stopped udom from using his appointees as delegates so it is balanced
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by fashrola(m): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2022
Uruan2023:
One of the best Aspirants but...will the system he helped solidify (governor's choice) be soft and willing to lose??

OBA
Onofiok
Eno Umoh (udom boy)
Akan Udofia
Baba Ntan

OBA is loved by the people, but he's Violent and may bring back bad boys to the street (Like Akpabio's reign)

Onofiok is a technocrat, A good and sensitive leader.... Right from the time he was an SUG president - HOA speaker, He's a credible leader, young and flexible

He's the correct fit for this post.....

Eno Umoh - I never heard or know about this man not until UDOM pronounced him as his successor, And this man was a commissioner in the state

So he's going to be the most USELESS governor to be produced if he ever get to the hilltop mansion

He has hotel in Eket where he barely pays his workers

Akan Udofia - He's a young Billionaire but definitely not popular..... I've not see any CSR project from his company nor any tangible projects to his community... He won't even win a Chairmanship post in his LGA

Baba Ntan - He should just stick to his current post in the FH

The real fight is between OBA and Umo Eno

Onofiok Luke does not have the financial power to muscle these two guys!!!

Umo Eno is fighting with AKSG state funds..... OBA is fighting with FG funds and the People

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Kinematics: 9:49am On Mar 16, 2022
Mikekan30:

Can you please shut up? Travelling is by choice, the igbos travel, the yorubas travel, the hausas travel but a local Minded person like you don't travel but seat there In your low life territory and write rubbish.

grin
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by sageb: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2022
ochejoseph:
A leading aspirant for the Governorship of Akwa Ibom State and former Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Luke Onofiok will be Holding a Special Thanksgiving to appreciate God for his political journey thus far and to officially declare his intention to run for the office of Governor of Akwa Ibom.

In a tweet on his official handle, Onofiok who is currently representing the people of Etinan/Nsit Federal Constituency in Akwa Ibom State wrote:

"Inviting Friends, Well wishers, Dreamers, Visionaries, Builders, Citizens and Residents.
Join me in Thanksgiving to God for His Amazing Grace upon my life,as I will also share thoughts on our proposals for Building Together, Growing Together.
#BuildingOurPeople
#AmazingGrace
#GOAL"

The Event which is packaged as part of his birthday celebration today is expected to hold at the Ibom Hall Grounds.

Onofiok, a grassroots politician has been in the forefront of promoting inclusiveness and good governance in Akwa Ibom state.

His passion for development and contributions was instrumental to the resolution of the Niger Delta Crisis Under President Yar'adua which culminated in the Amnesty program that eventually brought peace to the region.

His ambition has drawn widespread support from accross the state, as elders, young people and women continue to coalesce forces to ensure he emerges as Governor come 2023.

Source:
https://twitter.com/AmazingGraceCO/status/1503814120004538376?s=19

Yes, we support our alma mater alumnus, Hon. Luke for Governor.
He is a good and visionary leader.
Amazing Grace 2023.
Where is that Udom hypeman called Illaimoh aka Hunchogee aka Nkanakpanika?
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Bennycollins: 10:48am On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

Oba was prevailed in 2015 with the promise of being governor in 2023.oba would have defected in 2019 if not that udom promised him guber.majority of the thugs that defeated apc are oba boys.udom on his own was overwhelmed.udom has served his term,let him go.he cannot impose anyone or decide for aks
This man you are very funny. We are talking about a a credible candidate with capacity for effective governance you are talking about thugs. Continue to boast in your thugs. The world has moved. Go and check out the notable endorsements of Pst. Eno, if you are not in Aks now. It's a done deal. You are not even helping OBA by mentioning that he uses thugs on a public forum like this. If a politician is not accepted by the people then he resorts to bullying.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2022
Fernandeswagger:

Actually he'll be 60 since he's 44 this year. But 60 isn't bad for a governor by then he would have acquired a lot of experience.

add 24years to his current(44) age cos its 8years across 3 senatorial districts except miracle happens subsequently. deputy govnor slot for him if power shift to other district which to me its not bad cos he has carved a niche for himself.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by DissTroy(m): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Akpabio was never in politics until he was appointed a commissioner. Akpabio was in Lagos managing his small law firm before he was appointed commissioner by Victor Attah.
Udom Emmanuel didn't perform badly, his only problem is that he is too elitist.

Don't argue with me. By the time Akpabio became a governor, he had become too entrenched in politics to be called a technocrat.

Udom Emmanuel has performed badly. Even worse than Victor Attah who didn't have access to a third of the state treasury wealth as Udom does.

You are judging Udom based on the indices of governors of other states. If that's the yardstick then he has done well. But if you are judging Udom based on the heights set by his predecessors, he's performed poorly.

Name one sector Udom has performed even near the standards set by Akpabio and Victor Attah. Just one. Maybe security. I'd concede he's done well with security. Mention others.

Bear in mind that I have statistics to back up my own claims which I have posted over time.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
This man you are very funny. We are talking about a a credible candidate with capacity for effective governance you are talking about thugs. Continue to boast in your thugs. The world has moved. Go and check out the notable endorsements of Pst. Eno, if you are not in Aks now. It's a done deal. You are not even helping OBA by mentioning that he uses thugs on a public forum like this. If a politician is not accepted by the people then he resorts to bullying.

Oga credibility and capacity wise,oba is far better.he is both a politician and a technocrat.he became a bank manager at just 24 years in uba before he joined first bank and was the best bank manager in Nigeria.fcmb snatched and made him regional manager for akwa cross at just 31 years before attah begged him to join his government.oba has always been a top class product,turning the fortunes of aks finances as finance commissioner.look at how young and youthful he looks..he is an embodiment of politics and private sector.what has a weaklin in umo eno achieved? Look at the honours and awards oba achieved...the people that matter are with oba not eno. Do you know that most of the politicians rhatt were in that meeting where udom presented eno were ambushed?? They didn't expect what udom was planning. Most of them are supporting oba or Luke..udom is like ayade,people are just pretending to follow him for money.my brother,let us tell ourselves the truth.udom cannot decide for aks
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by sukar886: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2022
Nice one my guy
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by athaboi(f): 11:06am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

In 16 years he would be 50+ which is still young enough
so he is 34 years?
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Bennycollins: 11:06am On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

Oga credibility and capacity wise,oba is far better.he is both a politician and a technocrat.he became a bank manager at just 24 years in uba before he joined first bank and was the best bank manager in Nigeria.fcmb snatched and made him regional manager for akwa cross at just 31 years before attah begged him to join his government.oba has always been a top class product,turning the fortunes of aks finances as finance commissioner.look at how young and youthful he looks..he is an embodiment of politics and private sector.what has a weaklin in umo eno achieved? Look at the honours and awards oba achieved...the people that matter are with oba not eno. Do you know that most of the politicians rhatt were in that meeting where udom presented eno were ambushed?? They didn't expect what udom was planning. Most of them are supporting oba or Luke..udom is like ayade,people are just pretending to follow him for money.my brother,let us tell ourselves the truth.udom cannot decide for aks
So we heard when Akpabio presented Udom. �
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 11:09am On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

Luke is very young,about 40.he can wait for 16 years in the Senate plus within uyo zone, it is the. Turn of ITU/ibiono where Oba is from
onofiok luke knows
power sharing or shifting wont allow him move to senate, judging from political calculus
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by LordKushmann(m): 11:14am On Mar 16, 2022
KikBuhari2Daura:
I know this guy when he was speakr he is a Grassroots Politician No wonder people are flocking around him
Personally worked with the team that conducted his election in Nsit Ubium, 2011, May 09. Brilliant and erudite chap and AKS would be blessed to have him steer the oars.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
So we heard when Akpabio presented Udom. �

Yes.akpabio was a giant politically and he paid his dues.he was akwa ibom greatest so he at least deserved the right to bring someone. He at least groomed udom,gave him big offices to handle plus udom used zenith to manage aks money and akpabio's loot...at that time,PDP was totally in control.you can't compare udom to eno.eno is a rookie,has no track record and his area has tasted guber.akpabio settled all contenders in pdp and pacified them,has udom done same? Guy,oba is the strongest politician in aks..udom without guber cannot lace. His boots.oba has sacrificed for pdp and paid his dues.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 11:22am On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:
onofiok luke knows
power sharing or shifting wont allow him move to senate, judging from political calculus

It can.etinan will hold senate while ITU holds guber and uyo holds ssg or cos
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 11:33am On Mar 16, 2022
Bennycollins:
I agree with you that he better consider the Senate, who knows he is indirectly targeting the Senate with this his 'ambition'. But he and OBA can't stop Udom as Udom is one gov. on the good books of the NWC of PDP.
They can consider another platform .
senate does not favour him, he knows this, senator Effiong Bob, who is the political leader of uyo senatorial district took their turn in 2003-2011.
its the turn of uyo federal costituency to produce next senator. though Chief Paul Ekpo former PDP chair AKS who from the same federal consistency as onofiok luke and senator Effiong Bob is vying for the seat.

fomer govnor Attah is rooting for uyo federal consistency to produce next senator which was last occupied by senator John Akpanudoedeghe of APC now in 1999. Uruan where the speaker is from is also eyeing the seat or any strong contender from Ibesikpo in uyo federal consistency
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by Norwichsailor(m): 11:48am On Mar 16, 2022
mrvitalis:
My advice to this guy is simple ...strike a deal with OBA take his senate seat while OBA becomes governor ...

The only way they can defeat that Udom candidate is to team up together ... Luke is younger he should go to senate for now who knows he might be the next senate president
Exactly my thought.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 11:49am On Mar 16, 2022
Norwichsailor:

Exactly my thought.

I love appc but I support oba

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by garfield1: 11:51am On Mar 16, 2022
saintkeppy:
senate does not favour him, he knows this, senator Effiong Bob, who is the political leader of uyo senatorial district took their turn in 2003-2011.
its the turn of uyo federal costituency to produce next senator. though Chief Paul Ekpo former PDP chair AKS who from the same federal consistency as onofiok luke and senator Effiong Bob is vying for the seat.

fomer govnor Attah is rooting for uyo federal consistency to produce next senator which was last occupied by senator John Akpanudoedeghe of APC now in 1999. Uruan where the speaker is from is also eyeing the seat or any strong contender from Ibesikpo in uyo federal consistency

You are right but Luke has a better chance than all of them.
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 11:52am On Mar 16, 2022
garfield1:

It can.etinan will hold senate while ITU holds guber and uyo holds ssg or cos

it will not be fair bros, Etinan had senator Effiong Bob as senator in 2003-2011 two -term
so where do place Uruan, Ibesikpo, who are yet to produce a senator? Nsit Atai people wants uyo fed consistuency
, how do u feel Umo Eno from Etinan fed.consistuency, senator also from Etinan

for equity and fairness in my opinion Etinan should wait till when senate return to their zone,
govnor should move to itu-ibiono, oron gets deputy govnor, speaker goes to ikot ekpene
ssg can go to etinan
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by saintkeppy(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2022
frankson1:

How about Oron
oron may get deputy govnor this time
Re: Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition by mrvitalis(m): 11:56am On Mar 16, 2022
athaboi:
so he is 34 years?
I doubt he is not up to 40 I think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I See Leaders Falling At The Feet Of Women In 2018" - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu To Speak At The 51st Annual ICAN Conference / IPMAN Chairman, Abdulhamid Baba-Saliu Kidnapped In Edo, Driver Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.