Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,779 members, 7,837,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 (23406 Views)

Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged / Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Emir01: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2022
Parachoko:
The North? A Muslim/Muslim ticket will struggle to get 40% in the North Central and won't have up to 65% in the North West and North East. And will fail woefully in the South.

You will be shocked. All this amala analysis.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by SarkinYarki: 10:34am On Mar 16, 2022
buckeyemedia:
So says a wailing Ipobian?
Buckeye I know Tinubu is your benefactor but we must tell the truth

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Wilson212: 10:34am On Mar 16, 2022
Parachoko:
The North? A Muslim/Muslim ticket will struggle to get 40% in the North Central and won't have up to 65% in the North West and North East. And will fail woefully in the South.
I don't want to argue with you the only three state a Christian can win in the north is benue ,taraba and Jos and mind you Moslem are very big there , people said it cant work in kaduna which is one of the most religious divided state with Jos in the north coming down to south count south west out of your religious stuff , south South will give 80 percent to PDP , south east will give 90 percent but unfortunately they vote that will come out of South East in 2023 election May not be up to 500k because of this ipob stuff it will definitely look like amambra results

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by ensamy(m): 10:36am On Mar 16, 2022
Tinubu can never be neither vice President or President. shocked shocked shocked shocked His calling is just being the Lagos King maker.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by BabaO2: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2022
See politics, thisman sabi dribble pass Maradona grin. This is enough for them to take to bank
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Parachoko: 10:43am On Mar 16, 2022
Emir01:

You will be shocked. All this amala analysis.
I don't talk to idiots

Stay far away from me with your chidish talk.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by BabaO2: 10:45am On Mar 16, 2022
abobote:
The same reason Buhari didn't pick him in 2015
He too big for vp, he will dwarf whoever picks him as his vp. That's the answer.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by ProudImolite: 10:46am On Mar 16, 2022
Atiku is power drunk and desperate like the cocaine sniffer of the waste alias west. But one reason why I like him is because he understands that power needs to shift to the eastern corridor. A lot of people don't know these but they are three corridors in Nigeria; western corridor, Middle corridor and Eastern corridor. The eastern corridor has not tasted power for long

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by ProudImolite: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2022
SlyDev:
Now both igbos and Fulani are in PDP, they should pick themselves. Tinubu really suffer o, good will bless him with presidency in 2023
Tinubu grin grin grin March 26 no far

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by ProudImolite: 10:48am On Mar 16, 2022
SlyDev:

Tinubu has a Christian wife, where is Peter Obi Muslim wife?

The igbo elders know their best bet is a Fulani, an igbo man president is impossible.
Ok, but why are you crying about it more than the bereaved

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by ekesol: 10:53am On Mar 16, 2022
etokhana:

https://guardian.ng/politics/why-i-didnt-pick-tinubu-as-running-mate-in-2007-by-atiku/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1647402091

It is deliberate , why not support Southeast candidate and be a mentor.

You think you can fool us. Again Abi.
You are just intimidating aspirants with your stolen wealth

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by ensamy(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2022
[quote author=Mooh247 post=111081712] cool

You didn't pick him as a Vice President in the Party he formed even after agreeing to his terms, you picked an Ibo man, yet Tinubu stood by you and spent his money on you and your Ibo Vice without sentiment

Again in 2014, Buhari agreed to a Tinubu Vice Presidency to get Tinubu's financial and political support, Buhari picked Pastor Osinbajo instead, yet Tinubu spent his money inside Bullion. Van to make them President and Vice twice, without hate, envy or sentiment

When they need help they know Tinubu's house, give them what they want and they turn motivational speaker giving us lecture on ethnicity and religion

This your analysis is a beer parlour discussion you probably heard at your local joints.
Listen to the truth from an insider an ask Tinubu if it's false.
Listen: Neither Buhari nor Tinubu originally chose Osibanjo. The original plan was Fashola being the running mate or vice President to Buhari, meeting was held at Fashola's residence between Buhari , Tinubu, Fashola and few party members ( if you like I give you date and time), but Fashola declined that he will not partook in a Muslim/Muslim Presidential ticket for a country such as Nigeria that is divided along religious line and sentiments. It was at his residence that decision was made to pick Osibanjo as Buhari's running mate. So Originally Prof. Osibanjo wasn't in the plan.
However, to compensate Fashola a juicy ministerial post was suggested if they eventually win the Presidential election. So that's why you see him as minister of Power. shocked shocked. This is the true story from one of the people that was in the meeting on that day. Any other gist is false .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by derecho(m): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2022
I expected you as an intelligent person to understand what/why Atiku is talking like that.
He is only saying this, for the igbos to drop their agitation and allow him get the PDP ticket.Forget the Tinubu story.
One naive person was even saying Tinubu gave him a platform and spent his(Tinubu's) money for Atiku.That folk is either too young to know what transpired in 2007 or is insinuating that Tinubu is stupid.
iReddington:
Atiku should continue his bromance with the Igbos.
Asiwaju has moved further and even now has a better chance to be the President than Atiku with his preference for Igbo.
Chaii...Igbos na handicap for National Politics oo. No level at all.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Timblogga: 10:56am On Mar 16, 2022
SlyDev:

Tinubu has a Christian wife, where is Peter Obi Muslim wife?

The igbo elders know their best bet is a Fulani, an igbo man president is impossible.
the status will change and you will bury yourself in shame.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Mooh247: 10:58am On Mar 16, 2022
ensamy:

I should leave what Baba Akande said in his book and believe your own story

So you know better than Baba Akande

Continue....

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Emperor88(m): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2022
sart:
Why did he not run as Vice and let an Igbo man run as President if he truly believes in the region
Two bottles of Heineken for you...you are one of the few with sense here....The only reason he didn't pick Tinubu is because of the way Nigeria is structured. Tribe and religion has done us no good. Of Atiku or Buhari were Christians they would not think twice before picking Tinubu as running mates.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Emperor88(m): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2022
If only Nigeria can work like Lagos state we won't worry about a muslim/muslim or a Christian/Christian political office sloth. Or even an Hausa/Hausa or Igbo/Igbo combo.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 16, 2022
SlyDev:
Now both igbos and Fulani are in PDP, they should pick themselves. Tinubu really suffer o, good will bless him with presidency in 2023

After forcing Buhari on us? God forbid.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Emir01: 11:09am On Mar 16, 2022
Parachoko:
I don't talk to idiots

Stay far away from me with your chidish talk.

You lack home training. Ako igba ni e.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by ensamy(m): 11:11am On Mar 16, 2022
Mooh247:

I should leave what Baba Akande said in his book and believe your own story

So you know better than Baba Akande

Continue....

What I have just written is the gospel truth. Baba Akande is a politician that is playing politics with his book. I believe you are shock with my revelation. Even if one of the caucus members that was at that meeting reads my write up, he will be shocked how some people got to know what transpired within on that Faithful Sunday evening ����. When Fashola refused the Muslim/Muslim ticket.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by techWriter3: 11:14am On Mar 16, 2022
Only a stupid statesman will know a people airfare will labors at the national threshold
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by fregeneh(m): 11:14am On Mar 16, 2022
[quote author=ensamy post=111083464][/quote]

Dem don't land wit anoda big torii
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Oshodipikin: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2022
Turaki of Ndi Igbo, we the people of the AfghanEastern are wtih you. Forget the Afonja evening news papers, we will vote you because we know you are the only one can fix all the erosion in our biafra.

Abaribe is with you, Ipob is with you, the spirit of Chukwu Okike Abiama is with you. Tinubu can kill himself. We stand with Atikulate.

He has Atikulated us, because we are cheAptiku. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Sweeetheart(m): 11:19am On Mar 16, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Atiku is right though, from Senator Ben Obi to Governor Peter Obi, his preference for SE candidates as deputy was never in doubt

he just insulted Southeast but you people no dey think deep to understand, what does he mean that southeast are complaining of political ground in a country they're stakeholders

so na only VP position southeast fit get, see the slaves even affirming his statement but criticizing Tinubu vying for this same position in the past

you people are terrible people

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Tareq1105: 11:32am On Mar 16, 2022
Otuegbe:
We will stand by you.
Atiku for 2023

Keep standing by atikulooooter the failure.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by Tareq1105: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2022
SarkinYarki:
You can see Tinubu has been pushing this Muslim/Muslim ticket for a long time now

And it will be his greatest undoing. He doesn't know that 1993 is not 2023. That's 30 yrs ago, and a lot has changed.

I don't even want him as our president not bcoz of competence, he's competent after all Buhari is still there in spite of his many incompetency. He'll be 70 yrs next week. I beg, who did we offend?
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by CHAQUR: 11:56am On Mar 16, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Atiku is right though, from Senator Ben Obi to Governor Peter Obi, his preference for SE candidates as deputy was never in doubt

Obi Cubana should be picked this time (for the third coincidence) lol... Already falling for the retention of power by the North because of sentimental rivalry with the Yorubas.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by drlateef: 11:59am On Mar 16, 2022
He thinks he is making a moral point. But he shoots him self in foot because this shows that he is a betrayer and a disloyal and dishonest person.
Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by shinealight(m): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2022
Otuegbe:
We will stand by you.
Atiku for 2023

YEAH….the same way you stood by Buhari when he picked Chief Edwin Ume-Ezeoke as running mate in 2007 and he lost.. As they say, the one that passes excreta easily forgets but he that has to carry the sh!t never does. Atiku will still lose anyway, in spite of your promised support…same way he lost with Obi in 2019….just a serial loser!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 by shinealight(m): 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
Parachoko:
Only a stupid politician will think a Muslim/Muslim ticket will work at the national level.

Chief Abiola and Kingibe won with Muslim/Muslim ticket. Short memory!! shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Commonwealth Election Observers Land In Nigeria, Meet INEC (Photos) / #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala / Ukraine Commends Nigeria, Others Over Support Against Russia Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.