Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,684 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed (33138 Views)

No Christmas Ceasefire - Russia Rejects Ukraine Peace Proposal / Roman Abramovich Suffered Suspected Poisoning At Russia-Ukraine Peace Talk / White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by HonNL: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2022
Moscow’s top negotiator, Vladimir Medinsky has revealed that Ukraine has tabled a neutral status similar to Austria or Sweden.

Medinsky’s revelation of the outlines of Ukraine peace deal further confirmed news that Ukraine has abandoned the idea of joining NATO.

Russia’s top negotiator at the peace talks in Belarus said that Kiev is floating the idea of becoming a neutral nation.

“Ukraine is proposing an Austrian or a Swedish model of a neutral demilitarized state, but with its own army and navy,” Medinsky told reporters on Wednesday.

He said “the size of Ukrainian army” was among the issues discussed.

Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, saying that it was seeking the “demilitarization” de-Nazification of the country, among other demands.

But thorny issues remain.

Medinsky reiterated that Moscow wants Kiev to recognise Crimea as part of Russia, and the independence of the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics (DPR and LPR), which broke away from Ukraine shortly after the 2014 coup in Kiev.

Other key issues of concern for Russia are the “denazification” of Ukraine and the rights of Russian speakers living in the country, the negotiator said.

“There was some progress on several issues, but not all of them,” Medinsky said about the talks, which continue today

Austria declared itself a neutral country in 1955. Its laws ban the nation from joining military alliances and hosting foreign military bases on Austrian soil.

SOURCE

BREAKING; Ukraine rejects Austria-Sweden neutrality models.

Undoubtedly, we understand the attempt of our partners to remain an initiative party in the negotiation process, hence the words about the Swedish or Austrian model of neutrality. But Ukraine is now in a state of direct war with Russia. Therefore, the model can only be Ukrainian and only about legally verified security guarantees. And no other models or options.

What does it mean? First, absolute security guarantees. Effective, not protocol or "Budapest".

This means that the signatories of the guarantees do not stand aside in the event of an attack on Ukraine, as today. But they take an active part on the side of Ukraine in the conflict and officially provide us with an immediate supply of the necessary amount of weapons. And, secondly, Ukraine no longer wants to depend on bureaucratic procedures that allow or do not allow to close the sky from the same cruise missiles.

We need direct and firm guarantees that the sky will be closed.

I will add that Ukraine has never been a militaristic state that attacks or plans to attack its neighbors. Unlike these neighbors. That is why today Ukraine wants to have a really strong pool of allies with clearly defined security guarantees.

SOURCE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by MadamVanessa(f): 11:34am On Mar 16, 2022
shocked

I love Ukraine.

Putin never believed that Ukraine will exude this level of resistance so far.

111 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by PENNYSWAP: 11:36am On Mar 16, 2022
grin

I thought Ukraine is winning the war and killing 12,000 Russian soldiers

E don clear for their eyes

Nonsense and ingredient + Onions Oil

179 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by fnep2smooth(m): 11:37am On Mar 16, 2022
good move.... let there be peace.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:43am On Mar 16, 2022
PENNYSWAP:
grin

E don clear for there eyes

So do you want them to continue killing each other?

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by BKayy: 11:50am On Mar 16, 2022
Nope, that is not enough.
Recent events since 2014 have shown that the safety of other ethnic groups, especially Russians is not safe in Ukraine. So those that want to secede the Neo-Nazi country called Ukraine should be allowed to leave.

With this I support Russia and other reasonable countries that support the independence of Donetsk and Luhansk from Ukraine. I support Russia's decision THAT Ukraine must respect the referendum of Crimea in 2014 where 96% of the people of Crimea voted to be reunited with Russia.

Since it has to be this route. Ukraine must desist from Nazism and Western Imperialism that doesn't consider the decision of other nations they can overpower.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by BKayy: 11:52am On Mar 16, 2022
PENNYSWAP:
grin

Pray to never have a friend like USA/West.

The kind of friend that when you are crying he will be telling neighbours that you are singing melodies.

143 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Nbotee(m): 11:56am On Mar 16, 2022
PENNYSWAP:
grin

Some of U are funny... At what point did any one say Ukraine is winning the war? All reports point to Ukraine fighting for their lives and giving a resistance Russia didn't expect. All U Putin asslickers claim Russia would over Ukraine in less than a week. With all the hype Ukraine is still resisting them from entering Kyiv

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Drenimarcus(m): 11:58am On Mar 16, 2022
This seems realistic. Problem would be the break away regions. They should finalize this cos the bombings I am seeing in Kyiv is scary.

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Puremaker8: 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I love Ukraine.

Putin never believed that Ukraine will exude this level of resistance so far.
ENP
Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by mysticwarrior(m): 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2022
BKayy:

Pray to never have a friend like USA/West.

The kind of friend that when you are crying he will be telling neighbours that you are singing melodies.
my brother those people are worst than a chameleon, they would compel and cry a battle cry with you but when its time to fight they would start whispering and backed out.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by suent: 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
mad o

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Olympiacos(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
Hmm... Mamamia

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by DropsMic(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
Following

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by thatsleepboy1: 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
With Russia attacking Ukraine and threatening Israel, students of Bible prophecy ought to know what time it is. If you do not understand what I mean, kindly learn how a confrontation between Israel and Russia (in collaboration with Iran, Turkey, Sudan, and Libya) will result in the Ezekiel 38 war and signal the end of human probation. For now, you need to know and accept the sobering fact that Russia’s temper towards Israel (especially since the end of Donald Trump’s presidency) has been moving from green to yellow and is now turning red. It is only a matter of time. And the successful attack on Ukraine (and the all-talk-and-no-action body language of the US and NATO) will embolden Russia to be more vicious in handling Israel from henceforth. And I believe (this is just a belief) that, one day, Israel will feel frustrated and outgunned and use their nuclear weapons to attack Syria (Damascus) bringing Isaiah 17:1 to pass and provoking Russia enough to instigate the immediate fulfilment of the Ezekiel 38 war.

Isaiah 17:1

“The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.”

Point to Note: Since it was founded thousands of years ago, Damascus is one of the cities in the world that has been continuously inhabited. But the pen of prophecy says it will eventually become a ruinous heap – something a nuclear attack can verily achieve.

Perhaps it will help give perspective if I state another matter that has the potential to create immediate, intense, and combustible conflict between Russia and Israel. A few years ago, Israel discovered gas and now has a humongous gas field aptly named Leviathan, which contains trillions of cubic of natural gas. Russia currently supplies Europe gas and will try to play hardball with Europe using gas as leverage, so as to neutralize the sanctions of European nations over its attack on Ukraine. But what if Europe finally does what Donald Trump asked them to do long ago when he sanctioned the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline Russia was then building? Trump had asked Europe (especially Germany) to buy gas from Israel and forget about Nord Stream 2. But when Joe Biden came to power, he removed the sanctions Trump had imposed on that pipeline, giving Vladimir Putin the means for blackmailing Europe and making Europe powerless to react when he invades Ukraine. This is winter season and Russia can cause massive death in Europe by withholding gas supply to Europe or selling at an exorbitant cost. The problem is that, for reasons not clear to me, Israeli gas is about three times cheaper than Russian gas. And the infrastructure required to move gas from Israel to Europe is already being built. This gas pipeline is supposed to pass through Greece via Cyprus and may have been concluded already. I am not sure. But the point is that, if Israel becomes the reason why Russia is unable to play hardball with Europe (thereby suffering European sanctions like expulsion from SWIFT) you can imagine how livid Russia will be with Israel. And the consequences of Russian anger against Israel in a season of utter American weakness is better left to the imagination. Israel has a great army and the best air force in the Middle East and a wonderful intelligence agency – the Mossad. But Israel does not stand a chance in a military conflict with Russia. As a world superpower, Russia is head and shoulders above Israel militarily and can make Israel cease to exist if left uninterrupted by a superior power. In the Ezekiel 38 scenario, Russia and its allies will be left uninterrupted. Forget America; forget Europe. Only God will intervene to save Israel, using natural disasters the Bible enumerates as pestilence, an overflowing rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone: that is apart from causing confusion among the invading armies, who will kill one another through what is known as “friendly fire”. Ezekiel 38:21, 22.

Indeed, the world is coming to an end.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Brendaniel: 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
They should have negotiated before embarking on the war, now they will still have to go back to negotiation after damage has been done...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Iamdbull: 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

Peace and beautiful music like that of Dbull is what we want you can click the link in my signature to listen
Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
PENNYSWAP:
grin

You well so?Ukraine is resisting here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Snecec: 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
Good job
Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Hanibbal(m): 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
Peace proposal? After we Ukrainians have killed over 1 million Russian troops grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by NobleSeed(m): 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
nice move
Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Wantedmiller: 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
Propaganda!
Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by Skyfornia(m): 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
Their news is getting stale...they should go and sit down
Re: Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed by CTee1: 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles / General Seare Mekonnen Shot Dead In Ethiopia 'Coup Bid' Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.