Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? (1401 Views)

Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by ChimasGirl(f): 2:14am On Mar 17, 2022
Good people of Nairaland. I ask this question because it is my plan to visit my boyfriend living in Abuja. I am visiting my parents this weekend, and they have known since December that he and I have been talking. Now that they are aware I'd like to go see him, they are worrying to death about my safety. When I see them this weekend, I am sure they will try their absolute best to dissuade me from coming to Nigeria. Please, give me your honest opinions of just how dangerous it would be for me.
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by ChimasGirl(f): 2:33am On Mar 17, 2022
Stevenson1:
So long your visit won't pass Abuja and southern Nigeria... Any other place you put your head go be better wahala for dead body.
I pray Nigeria gets better Sha or just restructure for the sake of development and our future kids.
This generation is trying but we need to put more strength.

Yes, I'm aware of Boko Haram and the violence that goes on in the northern region. My boyfriend has assured me that we will stay in the safest parts. He did once mention visiting Calabar too. My parents are afraid of scamming, assault, kidnapping, and worse. However, the accounts I have read online by people who have visited mentioned how friendly everyone is. Of course there are cultural differences, and some precautions must be taken, but overall they had a very positive experience.

1 Like

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by Stevenson1(m): 2:42am On Mar 17, 2022
ChimasGirl:

Yes, I'm aware of Boko Haram and the violence that goes on in the northern region. My boyfriend has assured me that we will stay in the safest parts. He did once mention visiting Calabar too. My parents are afraid of scamming, assault, kidnapping, and worse. However, the accounts I have read online by people who have visited mentioned how friendly everyone is. Of course there are cultural differences, and some precautions must be taken, but overall they had a very positive experience.

Calabar is still okay security wise. Abuja dey okay too, Lagos too.
I think if your journey jungle through the above 3 states then you need not worry much.
Just be careful and watchful and smart and security conscious.
This one you keep repeating boyfriend boyfriend, better be smart oo before abobby go run you street.
Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 3:23am On Mar 17, 2022
Let him come meet you in Lagos. Lodge in lekki or Ikeja area. There are white people all over Nigeria living freely. But i will never understand why foreigners fall for guys who are probably scammers lol

2 Likes

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by OhBritannia(m): 4:01am On Mar 17, 2022
It is very very very dangerous.
Apart from maybe Abuja, trust me no other. Place in NIGERIA is safe.
I repeat no other place in Nigeria is safe even for Nigerians not to talk of foreigners.
This is one thing you should know, Most Nigerians are criminally minded.
The environment has turned them to animals. Even some of the friends of your boyfriend might Just have dangerous motives when they discover you are in Town.
Motives such as kidnap.
Rape without your consent ( when you are unconscious)
If you know the numbers of unconscious rape that goes on in Nigeria daily, you will never step your foot in NIGERIA.
Ladies are being raped unconsciously in hotels clubs, some of these ladies that knows never speak up because the country lack the right tools to catch a rapist.
How do you explain the fact that a sexually enhanced drug is secretly put in your drink as a lady without your knowledge, after sometimes you start feeling heavily horrnyy without self control and you end up having sex with the person or group of men that put the drug in your drink.
After the sex you end up realizing yourself but you can't complain or go to the police because your mind have been made to believe that you gave your consent but deep down you knew something went wrong.
Lots of women in NIGERIA are secretly going through this but they can't speak up because do the Nigeria police have the immediate toolz to determine the things that went into your stomach?
How you going to go to a police station In a rural area to complain of being drugged and made to have sex? Where will the police get the medical equipment to look into your system?
because of this, most ladies don't go to the police.

Actually unconscious rape has become the order of the day in NIGERIA, as i am writing to you now, about a thousand unconscious rape has taken place in NIGERIA and these men will go Scot free.
Not all guys though but majority of the guys are animals, they might end up using juju to lure you away from your boyfriend.

I know foreign women that came to NIGERIA to meet their Nigeria lovers but they end up following a friend of the Nigeria lover. It's not Love or natural, it's juju ( Black magic).
It happens all the time in NIGERIA but they never gets to the news.
There was a True life story that happened in Delta state, a married man brought his white wife to Nigeria for holiday after few weeks the wife was to go back first because of work and the man has an unfinished business in NIGERIA.
So the best friend of the man had to accompany the wife to the international airport in Abuja since the man was attending to an important business in delta.
This is a childhood friend we are talking about.
Lo and behold the white wife never got to USA at the stipulated time.
The best friend of the man made the white woman spent extra 2 weeks in a hotel in Abuja with him before she finally left for America and as we speak today she is pregnant for that best friend and they are both in America.
The husband up till today didn't go back to America because of heartbreak, the good thing is that all his investment is in NIGERIA ( he was a wise man)

My point is that It was clear the lady was under the influence of black magic.
This country Nigeria is 80% controlled by black magic, forget about the many churches you see, black magic is used in excess in NIGERIA, almost nothing is natural from politics to entertainment even to ordinary relationship which is supposed to be natural.
Most NIGERIANS both male and female who thought they are in a loving relationship do not know that they are Under the influence of black magic.

My dear Nigeria is my country but this my country is made up of Animals in human form.
For every bad news being reported on social media, about 1 thousand are being not reported ( bitter truth)
My advise for you is that even if you want to come to Nigeria as a complete foreigner, made sure your security is tight and please don't come alone, if possible come with two or three of your friends and if you can convince your brothers, come with one or two of your brothers.
Nigeria is a jingle, people will do anything to survive, most people are never comfortable.

A word Is enough for the wise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by ChimasGirl(f): 4:09am On Mar 17, 2022
ednut1:
Let him come meet you in Lagos. Lodge in lekki or Ikeja area. There are white people all over Nigeria living freely. But i will never understand why foreigners fall for guys who are probably scammers lol

He is not a Yahoo boy. We have spent too many hours texting and video chatting for him to be spending time with me other than for a genuine relationship. He has never asked me of anything. If he was a scammer, he'd be failing...
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by OhBritannia(m): 4:23am On Mar 17, 2022
Most people might think i am exaggerating if only our Nigeria journalist can put in more effort to determine the many wrongs in the Nigeria society.
Cc lalasticlala Dominique disguy justwise
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by SmileDance(f): 6:01am On Mar 17, 2022
Then do not worry, there are foreigners living and working in Nigeria, just don't go out alone or without your boyfriend, make sure your family also know where you are.
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by justwise(m): 6:57am On Mar 17, 2022
ChimasGirl:

He is not a Yahoo boy. We have spent too many hours texting and video chatting for him to be spending time with me other than for a genuine relationship. He has never asked me of anything. If he was a scammer, he'd be failing...
Do you know what he does for work?

1 Like

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by ChimasGirl(f): 7:14am On Mar 17, 2022
justwise:

Do you know what he does for work?

Yes, I know exactly what he does, and I know his increased struggles due to the power blackouts and fuel shortages.
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by justwise(m): 7:52am On Mar 17, 2022
ChimasGirl:

Yes, I know exactly what he does, and I know his increased struggles due to the power blackouts and fuel shortages.

Do you mind telling us what he does? You don't have if this is intrusive

And have you considered meeting outside Nigeria? Maybe in Kenya or any other African country?

1 Like

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by MichaelOloche(m): 9:08am On Mar 17, 2022
ChimasGirl:
Good people of Nairaland. I ask this question because it is my plan to visit my boyfriend living in Abuja. I am visiting my parents this weekend, and they have known since December that he and I have been talking. Now that they are aware I'd like to go see him, they are worrying to death about my safety. When I see them this weekend, I am sure they will try their absolute best to dissuade me from coming to Nigeria. Please, give me your honest opinions of just how dangerous it would be for me.

Are you white??
If you are not white please don't panic, who would be seen as just another citizen. You have nothing to worry abt, the pple worried about you where are they living?? And are they dead yet??
Just make sure you travel by air and at broad daylight and it's done.
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by kayla12(f): 9:11am On Mar 17, 2022
Foreigners live in Nigeria peaceful they own businesses.

Abuja and Lagos in terms of security is more secure.
Generally, the northern is not safe and the Eastern part too recently.

Nigeria is a beautiful and blessed country, we welcome Foreigners and treat them with respect.
It is not as bad as media make it seem.

Watch YouTube videos listen to good things Foreigners that visited Nigeria have to say.

Don't be scared to visit, have it at the back of your mind that you will enjoy your stay here, many have visited countless times

We are the most accommodating African nation though with our shortcomings but we will get there

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by jieta: 10:07am On Mar 17, 2022
OhBritannia:
I repeat no other place in Nigeria is safe even for Nigerians not to talk of foreigners.
The environment has turned them to animals. Even some of the friends of your boyfriend might Just have dangerous motives when they discover you are in Town.
Motives such as kidnap.
If you know the numbers of unconscious rape that goes on in Nigeria daily, you will never step your foot in NIGERIA.
Ladies are being raped unconsciously in hotels clubs, some of these ladies that knows never speak up because the country lack the right tools to catch a rapist.
How do you explain the fact that a sexually enhanced drug is secretly put in your drink as a lady without your knowledge, after sometimes you start feeling heavily horrnyy without self control and you end up having sex with the person or group of men that put the drug in your drink.
After the sex you end up realizing yourself but you can't complain or go to the police because your mind have been made to believe that you gave your consent but deep down you knew something went wrong.
Lots of women in NIGERIA are secretly going through this but they can't speak up because do the Nigeria police have the immediate toolz to determine the things that went into your stomach?
How you going to go to a police station In a rural area to complain of being drugged and made to have sex? Where will the police get the medical equipment to look into your system?

Actually unconscious rape has become the order of the day in NIGERIA, as i am writing to you now, about a thousand unconscious rape has taken place in NIGERIA and these men will go Scot free.
Not all guys though but majority of the guys are animals, they might end up using juju to lure you away from your boyfriend.

I know foreign women that came to NIGERIA to meet their Nigeria lovers but they end up following a friend of the Nigeria lover. It's not Love or natural, it's juju ( Black magic).
There was a True life story that happened in Delta state, a married man brought his white wife to Nigeria for holiday after few weeks the wife was to go back first because of work and the man has an unfinished business in NIGERIA.
So the best friend of the man had to accompany the wife to the international airport in Abuja since the man was attending to an important business in delta.
The best friend of the man made the white woman spent extra 2 weeks in a hotel in Abuja with him before she finally left for America and as we speak today she is pregnant for that best friend and they are both in America.
The husband up till today didn't go back to America because of heartbreak, the good thing is that all his investment is in NIGERIA ( he was a wise man)

This country Nigeria is 80% controlled by black magic, forget about the many churches you see, black magic is used in excess in NIGERIA, almost nothing is natural from politics to entertainment even to ordinary relationship which is supposed to be natural.
Most NIGERIANS both male and female who thought they are in a loving relationship do not know that they are Under the influence of black magic.

My dear Nigeria is my country but this my country is made up of Animals in human form.
For every bad news being reported on social media, about 1 thousand are being not reported ( bitter truth)
My advise for you is that even if you want to come to Nigeria as a complete foreigner, made sure your security is tight and please don't come alone, if possible come with two or three of your friends and if you can convince your brothers, come with one or two of your brothers.
Nigeria is a jingle, people will do anything to survive, most people are never comfortable.

Buhari is bad, you're God sent.

1 Like

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by bammy00(m): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
Do not let anybody discourage you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv7fJ31geJU
Watch this and reach your conclusions.
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
ChimasGirl:

Foreigners visit and live in Nigeria. I hope that answers your question. I don't know the country you live but you can contact your embassy in Nigeria for additional details.
You also have the option of meeting outside Nigeria. What about him visiting you? Please consider your parents advice.
Enjoy your trip
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by TheComicGuy(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
OhBritannia:
Motives such as kidnap.

WTF man,no be the same naija you dey live,haba you no try oo,you no won make the babe come see her boo
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by ChimasGirl(f): 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2022
TheComicGuy:
WTF man,no be the same naija you dey live,haba you no try oo,you no won make the babe come see her boo

Haha. I'm not worried about voodoo or juju. I'll still go see my boo.

1 Like

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by TheComicGuy(m): 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
ChimasGirl:

Haha. I'm not worried about voodoo or juju. I'll still go see my boo.
please,try and verify this guy before coming to avoid stories that touches,but if he is legit,then you have to come oo,pls don't break my guy heart,or I'll come for you wink
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by ChimasGirl(f): 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
TheComicGuy:
please,try and verify this guy before coming to avoid stories that touches,but if he is legit,then you have to come oo,pls don't break my guy heart,or I'll come for you wink

I swear down he is legit.
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by TheComicGuy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
Then Happy married life wink,and treat him well that's just the secret with Nigerian men,treat him well, respect him, support him and take care of him,and I assure you he will treat you like a queen smiley
ChimasGirl:

I swear down he is legit.
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by ChimasGirl(f): 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
TheComicGuy:
Then Happy married life wink,and treat him well that's just the secret with Nigerian men,treat him well, respect him, support him and take care of him,and I assure you he will treat you like a queen smiley

Yes sir! He already calls me his Queen! smiley Thank you for the well wishes!!!

1 Like

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by Ishilove: 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
ChimasGirl:

Your parents make it sound like Nigeria is Northern Sudan

2 Likes

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by Ishilove: 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
OhBritannia:
[s]It is very very very dangerous.
Motives such as kidnap.

A word Is enough for the wise.[/s]
Trash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by Ishilove: 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
TheComicGuy:
As in, see as the guy dey cap nonsense with baffling confidence

1 Like

Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by GloriousGbola: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ishilove:

Your parents make it sound like Nigeria is Northern Sudan

Can we safely travel by road in the North or East?
Do you feel safe in any traffic jam in lagos?
As an abroadian, will you not feel paranoid that one hungry relative will sicc armed robbers or kidnappers on you?

This country is not safe. And the aba kyari revelations make it worse. Our security are in bed with police.
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by GloriousGbola: 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2022
TheComicGuy:

Are we living?

A car was snatched at gunpoint outside my close.
Every night I hear okadas at 2am to 3am
Once I am in any traffic jam, I am looking up and dan for robbers
Police are harassing the daylights out of young boys and girls
People are robbed and raped in public transport
People are kidnapped every day.
We all have friends or are ourselves survivors of unsolved crimes

Do not sugar coat it

This is not natural.

A friends MIL was murdered in festac some years back by armed robbers who came for the dollars
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by Nitasmile: 6:06pm On Mar 17, 2022
Please come visit your boyfriend if you want. Don't little to those who are busy discouraging you not to come. I know so many white guys/ladies who are living and walking freely in Lagos. Just stay in a safe place and don't go out alone at night.
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by TheComicGuy(m): 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
I was surprised wether he actually type all that or he copied it from somewhere just to bad mouth his country undecided
Ishilove:

As in, see as the guy dey cap nonsense with baffling confidence
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by TheComicGuy(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Are we living?

A car was snatched at gunpoint outside my close.
Every night I hear okadas at 2am to 3am
Once I am in any traffic jam, I am looking up and dan for robbers
Police are harassing the daylights out of young boys and girls
People are robbed and raped in public transport
People are kidnapped every day.
We all have friends or are ourselves survivors of unsolved crimes

Do not sugar coat it

This is not natural.

A friends MIL was murdered in festac some years back by armed robbers who came for the dollars
I know Nigeria is bad right now,in fact an okada man was killed yesterday morning in Front if my street by police

Am not sugar coating anything,am just trying to say there are still people that live rich or poor in Nigeria happily for all their lives without much problem,yes we need to state the fact. true but all this name calling and tarnishing the little name we have isn't doing any good either sad
Re: How Dangerous Is It For A Foreigner To Visit Nigeria? by OhBritannia(m): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ishilove:

Trash
The truth is bitter right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News In Flourmill Juncttion Precisely In Calabar / Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? / Lagos To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.