Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable (13682 Views)

Importers Of Off-spec Petrol Must Be Held Accountable - Buhari / Soludo: Leaders Should Excel In Private Endeavours Before Venturing In Politics / Cancelled Polling Units Across Kano Where Re Run Will Be Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by treesun: 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
The Chairman of United Bank for Africa Plc, Tony Elumelu, has stated that businesses in Nigeria were suffering and citizens should hold leaders accountable.

Elumelu noted that despite being a rich country, over 90% of Nigerians lived in hardship and poverty.

In a long Twitter thread on Thursday, the philanthropist berated the country for allowing its citizens to suffer no electricity for days, hikes in the price of diesel, and frightening food inflation.

He said, “This morning, I am listening to my colleagues at the office bemoan the very pressing issues that they face every day in this country, and how things have been getting worse and worse – no electricity for 5 days, hikes in the price of diesel, frightening food inflation, etc.

“How can a country so rich in natural resources have 90% of its citizens living in hardship and poverty? I have often said that access to electricity is critical for our development, alleviation of poverty and hardship. And speaking of security, our people are afraid!

“Businesses are suffering. How can we be losing over 95% of oil production to thieves?

“Look at the Bonny Terminal that should be receiving over 200k barrels of crude oil daily, instead it receives less than 3,000 barrels, leading the operator @Shell to declare force majeure.

“Why are we paying taxes if our security agencies can’t stop this? It is clear that the reason Nigeria is unable to meet its OPEC (Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) production quota is not because of low investment but because of theft, pure and simple!

“Meanwhile, oil-producing countries are smiling as their foreign reserves rise. What is Nigeria’s problem? We need to hold our leaders more accountable!

“Elections are coming – security and resources need to be everyone’s agenda – let’s be vocal for our nation’s priority.

“Evil prevails when good people are silent. We need to be vocal about 2023. Let’s focus on Nigeria. Demand and advocate for leaders that deliver.

“In 2023, Nigeria must be on a strong trajectory for progress and development.”

https://punchng.com/businesses-are-suffering-leaders-should-be-held-accountable-elumelu/

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by treesun: 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
It it today, the HEAT is spreading everywhere!

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by tollyboy5(m): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
This foolish leaders and their glutton followers are very stupid.
I won't mind to hit anyone of them hard if i got the chance.
Everything in this country is about how to steal.
As a technologist i can't do without light. Its so frustrating.
Its high time we start building local drones that will drop bomb in our politicians houses.

Its high time we rebel for a greater future!

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Animegirl(f): 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
I guess "Rich people" are feeling the heat. It remains Banditry and Kidnapping to the reach the doorsteps of our leaders.

Since our Leaders don't like good things, the monsters they create will soon reach them, just a matter of time.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by SmartProf(m): 12:22pm On Mar 17, 2022
Animegirl:
I guess the Rich are feeling the heat.
If the rich are feeling the heat, it means the poor and average Nigerians have been suffocated by the heat.

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
Even the richest of the richests in the contraption doesn't understand that this isn't a country....

I laugh at some of us calling for devolution of power and how clueless our leaders are to make Nigeria work.

The honest truth is this, and until we all understand this fact, we'd keep running in circles while forgetting to plot ways to truly liberate ourselves from these shackles and contraptions.

Listen...

Nigeria isn't a country or nation but a business, company, or farm set up, controlled by the British with a laid down template which we adopted and call a constitution.

Sadly enough, even the Politicians or so-called leaders aside from being clueless about this arrangement or obvious facts are also victims of this same evil set-up knowingly and unknowingly.

Anyone who rises up in an attempt to tilt or stem the tide of this evil British business won't even make it to the corridors of power and if per-adventure he/she finds a way up there to begin the work of undoing their corporate set-up, that individual will be taken care of or put to eternal sleep.

Nigeria isn't independent by any stretch and had never been arranged to work for her inhabitants.

We need to get on as a people, get back to the drawing board, find out where we missed it, realise our common enemies aren't "Afonja, Ipob, Arewa" or whatever and be honest in our push to reclaim our land and plot a way for us devoid of any external control in whatever shape or form.

Putin is fighting for the future of his country and her sovereignty and we are all witnesses to how this is going with him being demonised and isolated. But the truth is, even if the present Russian citizens a low themselves to get so brainwashed by propaganda so as not to see what Putin is fighting for/against, in years to come, the future generation of Russians would wish Putin was still alive and will forever immortalise him for being a true Nationalist and a leader.

As a tip....

When they get quiet to your sufferings, lamentations, killings and all, just know that it favours them. However, when you see them sanctioning, screaming and crying blue murder, just know that you are doing the right thing for your people and it's hurting them...e.g Gadaffi etc.

We are just starting in our suffering and dependence. Let's all wait until our current benefactors (China) get well-grounded enough on our land, begin to demand repayment of our loans, and they decide to just unleash 10% of their population on us. Na that time we go understand the difference between Khaki and Leather...

I rest my fingers...

Nigeria will only get worse...

There is a deliberate reason why every successive government in Nigeria turns up worse than the previous government.

We all go dey alright laslas

I saw a picture on here yesterday of the lifeless one, Mai Buni with his rabbit ears, and the cursed Minister of Education all grinning from ear to ear.

They are all on a visit to the company's headquarters to give an annual report and to take instructions on who to make the next CEO (President) in furtherance of the company's continuous profitability for her real owners while the staffs (citizens) languish in pains.

So sad...

Modified:

For those quoting me and spewing Bullocks about blaming ghosts or others for 'your' misfortune, my advice for you is to keep on blaming yourselves for what you know nothing about and that is exactly what they have programmed you Dundees to think and feel like, and then go about feeling woke.

How do you conveniently sit, feel okay, and decide to take blame for a situation you know nothing about nor have control over. Na which kind sickness dey una head?

Una sickness suppose get English name. I go look for the English name.

Make una continue to dey blame una selves as e be say na una set up the company as e be when it would have been easier to correct the mistake and save yourselves any blames if it was indeed self-induced.

Ignorance is indeed bliss.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by tollyboy5(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2022
Animegirl:
I guess "Rich people" are feeling the heat. It remains Banditry and Kidnapping to the reach the doorsteps of our leaders.

Since our Leaders don't like good things, the monsters they create will soon reach them, just a matter of time.
The real business men will feel every heat. Only the looters don't care.

At this point in time i think we should be violent in action for our future. This is becoming so crazy!

17 Likes

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by SmartPolician: 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
“Businesses are suffering. How can we be losing over 95% of oil production to thieves?

We are losing nothing to thieves. We just have a bunch of leaders who don't believe in this country. Everyone wants to loot to secure their future and that of their children.

Every sane Nigerian knows that there's no hope in Nigeria. Little wonder japa has become one of the most popular slang in our parlance.

Gaby, I see people who blame another man for their woes as people who lack common sense. I am sure it's the British that tells Nigeria's politicians to keep looting Nigeria's resources and keep stashing it away in foreign banks.

The African Black, like Chimamanda Adichie calls it, does not want to take responsibility for his brazen failure and incapability of self-rule yet.

24 Likes

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by alphaconde(m): 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
This is the first time this man is talking towards this government

e clear say thngs don red

17 Likes

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by nairalee(m): 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Jnn
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Vurug: 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Thank God you're one of the leaders.
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by sotall(m): 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
tongue

Buhari is lifeless.
He cant be held accountable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by posty56: 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
for am go complain means the heat they also reach the rich ,the only people not suffering are politicians, Las Las we go dey alright

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by ignis: 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Buhari should be held accountable.

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Brendaniel: 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Buhari, Tinubu and APC supporters, come and call Elumelu a wailer, PDP, IPOB and a child of hate...

Buhari has failed Nigerians...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by HopeNeverDies: 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Damnnn!!!!! Pray for Nigeria ��.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by christm386: 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
grin

We warned u guys in 2015, cause we wanted progress!!, we were called names, they laughed @ us and hailed buhari as there messiah,

U know 2023, do what u want to do, cause people who voted this vegetable are the ones feeling it the most, pick who u want again in 2023, we can only warn u guys about the impending catastrophe, after all we re only 5%

7 Likes

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Flier: 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
grin
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Honourable1901(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
grin
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by oneolajire(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sir, they will start calling you an IPOB, PDP, GEJ sympathizer, Sunday Igboho lover, etc.

Femi Adesina will call you a wailer

They will start showing you 2nd Niger bridge as if that will fuel our cars at 65naira per litre, return ASUU to class, make a bag of rice 4,000 naira, make Nigeria safe from insecurity.

9 Likes

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Iamdbull: 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

Not only businesses alone it's affecting the number of streams and downloads am getting on my music here
https://audiomack.com/dbullofficial/song/never-lived

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by nairalee(m): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
If Tony Elumelu is complaining then I wonder the foolissh person that will come out and be defending rubbish in this administration

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by ThankGodFriday(m): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
Seconded
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by admax(m): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
I wish other Billionaires can speak up about the situation of things. Buhari will believe them. Things are not alright in the country.

10 Likes

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by emmanuelbrown26: 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
When d sensible ones were shouting about d economy going down, afonjas thought it was ewedu and amala gossip.
When bubu was blaming useless pdp up and down without doing anything on his own, they called some wailers.
No more protest, no more freedom of speech. Look at d economy, is so so bad nobody is saying anything. Well, no matter how rough d jungle is, lion can never eat grasses bcs grass eaters knows themselves.
Afonjas thought that economy is all about hydraulic soup, ewedu, amala. Na dem dey beg pass, go to any junction in d morning and see their youth smoking away their lives, their kids begging for money to eat, everywhere abandoned children

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Chairman Orders Operatives To Declare Assets / Otti Sliding Abia Into Dictatorship – PDP Stalwart, Nwabueze / Supreme Court: Accept Your Defeat, Apologise For Your Attacks – APC To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.