Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,858 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) (29786 Views)

Who's The First Player You Think Of When You See This Shirt? / Name A Player You Don't Wish To See In Your Team Next Season / Brazil And AC Milan Legend Kaka Announces Retirement (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by greatseed: 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
Omicron007:
The world has been privileged to see legends play the round-leather game. In their prime, most of these players were a delight to watch.

Some of them were defenders who were rock-solid at the heart of the defence while others were midfielders who mastered the sublime art of pulling the strings from the center of the park.

Others were fiery strikers who were always at the right position at the right time, thereby being a thorn in the defenders flesh. Of course, they also gave the goalkeepers a run for their money.

Most of these players hit their prime before the Arab-Money intervention in mainstream football.

Let me put it to you. Pick one player from the frame who you'd like to see dazzle on the green-turf again.

As for me, I'd go for my all-time GOAT, Ronaldinho Gaucho.

PS: Kindly mention the player's name in case the image is not shown in this post.
Henry

1 Like

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by deedeemob(m): 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
Zizou for me anyday anytime wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Rexymania(m): 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
Who the fvck is. diasally
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Akanoaaa(m): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
[quote author=nomenclature post=111153661]Ronaldinho and secondly drogba . Others are not too special [/quote

You know nothing about football
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Bbbw: 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
They should stay retired
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Bitchiamjay(m): 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ronaldo De Lima ( The Phenomenon ) & Ronaldinho ( The Artist ) then maybe Zidane! ( Zizou )

De Lima too ball abeg! Talented genius! Injury ruined a phenomenal career although he was able to achieve a lot at his young age.

2 Likes

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Bitchiamjay(m): 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
nomenclature:
Ronaldinho and secondly drogba .
Others are not too special

Never you discuss Football again! You know Zilch about the game. Imagine saying likes of De Lima Ronaldo, Zidane and Maldini are not special. Even Drogba go slap you for that useless cap!

1 Like

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Askme2020(m): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
Emmajn1:
For me its Jay Jay Okocha. Even ronaldinho learnt from Okocha. This list can never be complete without JJ
Wondering why our JJ no dey the picture
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Askme2020(m): 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2022
leody:

I want to ask you something , I place a game on Ix bet
800 odd so I pressed one point two million. It brought a winning of 960m . if by chance I win this money will I be given?
U wan wreck the bookies... Angel share ur odd with me biko
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Polynek(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2022
[size=8pt][/size]Drogba
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by DEEBOZZ(m): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
HENRY
TOTTI
ZIDANE
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Chuzoetoh(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
I'll pick 3 please; Drogba, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo de Lima.
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by blazepascal(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ronaldinho the magician
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Slynation(m): 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
leody:

I want to ask you something , I place a game on Ix bet
800 odd so I pressed one point two million. It brought a winning of 960m . if by chance I win this money will I be given?
it will not go naw...the highest should be 50m, but if at all you win this kinda money, they go just block your account ni
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2022
Where the Bleep is Beckham?

1 Like

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Emmajn1: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
ButterBurger:
You're just so foolish, they are not talking about any complete list.
Dem say make you choose and instead for you to say okay no choice and abstain from chosing any here. You still need to carry unnecessary Okocha matter for your head like cock come this simple matter.
Why the madness
mad man
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by masui(m): 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
What the heck? where is Roberto Carlos.

If you cannot bring him back, every other star should stay retired.

I don talk my own.

1 Like

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by MrFly(m): 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2022
Dennis Bergkamp

2 Likes

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by HAD3S(m): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
I would love to see Maldini play again but I know indomie generation will not know him. grin grin grin grin... I come in peace
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by artworks1: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
engrchykae:
Give me Andres Lujan Iniesta, the artist

Onye egbu... 20% strength 80% sense.
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Stringz1: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ronaldinho
Henry
Pirlo
Eto'o
Okocha
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Dennis Bergkamp, Ronaldo and Henry.
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by uniquetechng: 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
lalastimlala:
I will bring back Drogba from retirement and send Lukaku there immediately
Drogba will only give you 5 goals a season, in 9 premier League seasons Drogba had just two good seasons scoring 12 , 8 ,5,5 and 4 goals for n different seasons. Thats like an elite striker scoring 5 goals in 10 whole months, dude was fuc.king average despite playing in one of the expensively assembled teams in premier League history.

1 Like

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by Funflipper: 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

1 Like

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by namqul(m): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Steven Gerrard
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by lalastimlala: 11:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
uniquetechng:
Drogba will only give you 5 goals a season, in 9 premier League seasons Drogba had just two good seasons scoring 12 , 8 ,5,5 and 4 goals for n different seasons. Thats like an elite striker scoring 5 goals in 10 whole months, dude was fuc.king average despite playing in one of the expensively assembled teams in premier League history.
Are you joking? Dude score 29 league goals for Chelsea in 09/10 season bagging the golden boot and helping Chelsea win the EPL. He scored in all four FA cup finals he won at Chelsea. Dude, stop joking o. I never even mention UCL
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by uniquetechng: 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
lalastimlala:

Are you joking? Dude score 29 league goals for Chelsea in 09/10 season bagging the golden boot and helping Chelsea win the EPL. He scored in all four FA cup finals he won at Chelsea. Dude, stop joking o. I never even mention UCL
Did you read what I wrote ? He had just two good seasons in 9 years, 29 and 25 goals, the rest were 12, 8 ,10, 5, 5 and 4 goals.
It took Drogba 250 games to score just 104 goals while Salah achieved that in just 156 games despite playing from the wings.

He scored 36 UCL goals in 78 games, Salah is on 34 goals in 50 matches, yeah Mo is not even a striker.

Harry Kane has 177 goals in lesser games than Drogba who scored just 104 goals in 250 premier League matches.
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by placeofallure(f): 11:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
Omicron007:
The world has been privileged to see legends play the round-leather game. In their prime, most of these players were a delight to watch.

Some of them were defenders who were rock-solid at the heart of the defence while others were midfielders who mastered the sublime art of pulling the strings from the center of the park.

Others were fiery strikers who were always at the right position at the right time, thereby being a thorn in the defenders flesh. Of course, they also gave the goalkeepers a run for their money.

Most of these players hit their prime before the Arab-Money intervention in mainstream football.

Let me put it to you. Pick one player from the frame who you'd like to see dazzle on the green-turf again.

As for me, I'd go for my all-time GOAT, Ronaldinho Gaucho.

PS: Kindly mention the player's name in case the image is not shown in this post.

I'd pick my Arsenal players

Thierry Henry. He's my number one sports personality forever and ever. He and Kanu plus Wenger himself made me fall hopelessly and helplessly in love with Arsenal, such that even if they go to relegation, I'd gladly follow.

Then I'd go for Andre Pirlo the free kick master.

My all time great Dennis Bergkamp.

Why is Kanu not here? Would've picked him as well.

1 Like

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by kilisi(m): 12:08am On Mar 19, 2022
paulolee:
would surely go for gaucho...he brought smiles to my face with his dazzling skills wen on form, always smiling n Its no dulling in any match he is on, the guy made me believe dt with talents u can get tinz done very easily..
just like messi gaucho was sent to play football n its too bad I didnt get to enjoy him dt much bcoz he left too early

I've always loved football right from the early 90s but Ronaldinho made me a football addict during his playing days. Barcelona were a joy to watch then. Their matches with Chelsea during Mourinho's time were an all time classic.

The good old days when football was pure entertainment and not just stats and money!
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by kilisi(m): 12:17am On Mar 19, 2022
Maghan37:
To me it will be a prime Ronaldinho, he was so beautiful to watch. Honourable mentions to Ronaldo and Kaka. There's no boring match when Kaka is playing.

Kaka in his prime was unplayable!

I can still clearly remember his assist for the third goal scored by Crespo against Liverpool in 2005. It was out of this world.

1 Like

Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by godwon01(m): 12:51am On Mar 19, 2022
The lists were not complete , where is Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Amunike, Almighty Yekinni , Taribo West, Uche Okechukwu and of course Sunday Oliseh. Did U underrated these players because they are from Nigeria You had forgotten George Opong Weah , and of course Abedi Pele and Tony Yeboah of Ghana.
Re: Choose One Player You Would Recall From Retirement (pics) by jayice(m): 1:15am On Mar 19, 2022
Ronaldo delima without injuries

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Takes Final Decision To Sell Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang / Sunday Oliseh Appointed As Head Coach Of Fortuna Sittard (Dutch Club) / Pep Guardiola Vs Thomas Tuchel: Complete Head-To-Head Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.