Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) (23100 Views)

Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) / My Sojourn Of 4 Years In Obafemi Awolowo University: Signing Out Pictures' / Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Chimaokigwe: 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
chigoziri2403:
The position of most VCS is political and has little to do with Academic prowess

You're very correct. That is why they appointed a Vulcaniser as their VC in Abia State University and the one in FUTO is a retired okada man.

6 Likes

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by princeemmma(m): 6:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Wetin consign me with that ............ Abeg free mee joo

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by majesty199: 6:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Streetbabah: 6:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
Please moderators help push to the front page
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by LordIsaac(m): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
The first thing I checked was his State of Origin... there, I got my answer....Nigeria "helped" his prowess.
Woe to you if you think you will get to the height of your career from outside your State of Origin in another State.
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Alexis11: 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
LordIsaac:
The first thing I checked was his State of Origin... there, I got my answer....Nigeria "helped" his prowess.
Woe to you if you think you will get to the height of your career from outside your State of Origin in another State.

Igbos and their deep tribalistic mindset... Stop being petty

As the 12th VC of the institution, he's the second person from Osun state to be made the Vice Chancellor since the school was founded in 1961.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by clockwisereport: 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2022
Na only Agric dey produce vc these days. From Unn to Futo to OAU
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by LordIsaac(m): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2022
Alexis11:

Igbos and their deep tribalistic mindset... Stop being petty

As the 12th VC of the institution, he's the second person from Osun state to be made the Vice Chancellor since the school was founded in 1961.
I'm not limiting my analysis to him, I'm talking about Federal Schools and Federal Government Appointments generally. The politics traces you back to your origin. And, I'm not Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Heterodox(m): 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2022
chigoziri2403:
The position of most VCS is political and has little to do with Academic prowess
Says someone who didn't go to school
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by poshpaul: 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Proudly Oyan indigene.

CONGRATULATION Prof.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Chimaokigwe: 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
LordIsaac:

You must be an ipob element. The loss of the civil war has formed a permanent mental deformity in Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Oxygen321(m): 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
Congrats to Prof.
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Osilama1: 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
Madeu:
I hope one day Public universities in Nigeria will allow outsider to become VC. Most VC's had their Bsc, msc, and PHD in the same uni. Even happened to work in the same place; this makes their knowledge and experience to be limited.
Ever wondered why no futuristic idea, thoughts, and advancement in science and technology? Cos the people manning are narrow-minded.
some public uni have outsiders as VC yet no much difference... So
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Badbishop15(m): 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2022
Madeu:
I hope one day Public universities in Nigeria will allow outsider to become VC. Most VC's had their Bsc, msc, and PHD in the same uni. Even happened to work in the same place; this makes their knowledge and experience to be limited.
Ever wondered why no futuristic idea, thoughts, and advancement in science and technology? Cos the people manning are narrow-minded.

Not only that...most of them are from the same state where the university is located...Hardly will an outsider be a VC,when he/she isn't an indigene..
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by CorperKola: 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2022
LordIsaac:

I'm not limiting my analysis to him, I'm talking about Federal Schools and Federal Government Appointments generally. The politics traces you back to your origin. And, I'm not Igbo.
Stop saying what you dont know.
Ekiti people dominate OAU VCs list.
And OAU professors become VCs all over Nigeria not only southwest. So shut your trap!

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by LordIsaac(m): 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2022
Chimaokigwe:

You must be an ipob element. The loss of the civil war has formed a permanent mental deformity in Igbos.
grin grin grin grin I know IPOB elements can sometimes be annoying, but look at the substance of the comment. Federal Universities should not be doing what most do regarding appointment of VCs.
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by ddooskie(m): 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
Congratulations to Professor Bamire.

A good man to the core.

The university community will experience growth during your tenure sir.
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by SAMTOBIJU(m): 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
Was class mate with his son in secondary School then. A very disciplined Man.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Dmacqh(m): 7:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
Congratulations to Prof. Bamire . Your Aso Rock and APC connect is very sound.
Congratulations to OAU , one for the very best institution in the country .

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by seunak2016: 7:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
chigoziri2403:
when you turn governor of your state, you can chose academy prowess even if the person is your political rival members
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by LordIsaac(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
CorperKola:

Stop saying what you dont know.
Ekiti people dominate OAU VCs list.
And OAU professors become VCs all over Nigeria not only southwest. So shut your trap!
You have no right to ask me to shut up. I find that instruction very crude and typical of a soul that cannot appreciate a superior argument. By this, I will not dignify you again with further response. And if you press on with being vulgar and uncouth, I will appeal to the powers that be for your case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by sparkyJ: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2022
My Prof, i celebrate ur elevation. You have always been a good man with outstanding qualities. Above all, u are a lover of God. I've known u as a man of peace. The God who gave you your Deanship back then will lead u thru dis new journey. In ur time, Great Ife will experience ground breaking development in Jesus name. Pls do NOT forget the Lord; He whom u serve. Congrats Sir

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by oneolajire(m): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Congratulations sir.
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Sammy07: 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Badbishop15:

Not only that...most of them are from the same state where the university is located...Hardly will an outsider be a VC,when he/she isn't an indigene..

This current VC, is the 2nd VC to come from Osun state
Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Elidrisy20: 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
He should have contest for the governorship of his state

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by ddooskie(m): 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
Dmacqh:
Congratulations to Prof. Bamire . Your Aso Rock and APC connect is very sound.
Congratulations to OAU , one for the very best institution in the country .
Then you don't know this prof. He's a sound academic with good leadership qualities, a good family man and an overall gentleman.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by ddooskie(m): 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2022
sparkyJ:
My Prof, I celebrate your elevation. You have always been a good man with outstanding qualities. Above all, you are a lover of God. I've known you as a man of peace. The God who gave you your Deanship back then will lead you through this new journey. In your time, Great Ife will experience ground breaking development in Jesus name. Please do NOT forget the Lord; He whom you serve. Congrats Sir
Amen.
You sure know Prof. Bamire. I wish him the very best

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Dmacqh(m): 7:30pm On Mar 17, 2022
ddooskie:

Then you don't know this prof. He's a sound academic with good leadership qualities, a good family man and an overall gentleman.

I don’t really know him though I don’t doubt his academic prowess and astute character.
I was privileged to see how Senate and Council vote or select VC at a University. I was also privileged to have photocopied some CV of aspiring VC in a university .
The politics isn’t here . You must get ready to fight , maybe dirty .

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Bamire Is Obafemi Awolowo University's 12th Vice-Chancellor (Photo) by Johnboom: 7:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
chigoziri2403:
See you, so some one without a degree can be VC then?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FUTO Students Represent Nigeria In Dubai Hultprize 2016 (photos) / Pictures Of A Nairalander's Graduation/induction Ceremony / Requirements For Collection Of Original Waec Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.