Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,771 members, 7,955,943 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

How Much Is My Salary? Help!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Is My Salary? Help!! (16573 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same / 20 Percent Of My Salary. Help! / How I Doubled My Salary Two Years In A Row, And Will Be Tripling It This Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Shytreasure(m): 12:55am On Mar 18, 2022
Good morning everyone! Please i need a little assistance from experienced individuals regarding how salary is calculated when one did not resume work on the 1st of a month.

I resumed work as a new staff on the 10th of march. Please how much would be deducted from my salary ? How is it calculated? I would appreciate a clear explanation, thank you.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by N2B2: 2:16am On Mar 18, 2022
Shytreasure:
Good morning everyone! Please i need a little assistance from experienced individuals regarding how salary is calculated when one did not resume work on the 1st of a month.

I resumed work as a new staff on the 10th of march. Please how much would be deducted from my salary ? How is it calculated? I would appreciate a clear explanation, thank you.

Lalasticlala, please help me move to frontpage.

Hmm... (Experts, feel free to correct me)

There are 23 working days in March, and you're working on only 16 of them.

Open your calculator and divide 16 by 23. Then, multiply the answer by your full monthly salary.

The new answer is what you should be paid this month.

Example:

If your monthly salary is #75,000, then calculate 16/23 * 75,000.

Your answer (and what they should pay you) will be #52,174.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by pheelhip(m): 6:21am On Mar 18, 2022
Shytreasure:

Lalasticlala, please help me move to frontpage.
A standard organisation with good wage structure should pay you Your whole salary not minding when you were offered employment.

Days you will have to work overtime, are they going for pay you for that? I doubt it

It actually depends on the company's policy but any company that does that is 70% toxic and doesn't care about their staff wellbeing.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by CharlotteFlair: 7:02am On Mar 18, 2022
pheelhip:

A considerate organisation should pay you Your whole salary not minding when you were offered employment.
This is just sentiments. Business is not run like that. I think someone up there already offered the Op the answer he seeks.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Rickmann: 7:52am On Mar 18, 2022
Payperboii:
I no de collect salary. I de pay myself

That thing you pay yourself is called what?

Nigerians sef..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by pheelhip(m): 8:38am On Mar 18, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
This is just sentiments. Business is not run like that. I think someone up there already offered the Op the answer he seeks.
What about days he works overtime, are they going to pay him?

They should pay him his full salary abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by sherylbaky(f): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2022
It depends on the company, you might have some period for training, which u would be given just training allowance.

And if it's a job without this training thing, you should divide the salary and multiply by the number of days u worked.

Another thing is, your company might have some deductions like HMO, pension, tax etc. Which would be deducted from your salary. U might also have a shocking boost as a result of team commission/bonus etc.

So u see, it depends on many factors, but an organized company would have stated all these in your employment letter.
If u are totally confused just walk up to ur HR or Accountant, they will break it up for you.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Shytreasure(m): 9:00am On Mar 18, 2022
N2B2:

Open your calculator and divide 16 by 23. Then, multiply the answer by your full monthly salary.

Example:

Thank you for the lucid explanation, i really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Shytreasure(m): 9:00am On Mar 18, 2022
pheelhip:

A considerate organisation should pay you Your whole salary not minding when you were offered employment.

Days you will have to work overtime, are they going for pay you for that? I doubt it
It actually depends on the company's policy but any company that does that is 70% toxic and doesn't care about their staff wellbeing.

I really appreciate your input.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Shytreasure(m): 9:01am On Mar 18, 2022
CharlotteFlair:

grin cheesy thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Shytreasure(m): 9:02am On Mar 18, 2022
sherylbaky:
It depends on the company, you might have some period for training, which u would be given just training allowance.

And if it's a job without this training thing, you should divide the salary and multiply by the number of days u worked.

Another thing is, your company might have some deductions like HMO, pension, tax etc. Which would be deducted from your salary. U might also have a shocking boost as a result of team commission/bonus etc.

So u see, it depends on many factors, but an organized company would have stated all these in your employment letter.
If u are totally confused just walk up to ur HR or Accountant, they will break it up for you.

This is very much appreciated too, thank you.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:03am On Mar 18, 2022
Payperboii:

Omor sapa far from me o.

You be big man
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 18, 2022
They will do a pro rata of your salary ( that is calculate how much you earn per day when your salary is divided) and x it by the number of days you worked. That's your take-home.

Which company still does that though? Even a school I didn't start with at the beginning of the term when I resumed paid me for the full term. How much more a standard organization.

Just bear with them. At least from next month, you'll start receiving full salary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 18, 2022
Anyone working with a private organisation in Nigeria can work anywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by OlasunkanmiSM(m): 9:55am On Mar 18, 2022
Hattbricker:
Anyone working with a private organisation in Nigeria can work anywhere.

Lol... because they will milk you like hell and still pay you crumbles.

Working 9-5 in Nigeria is one of the biggest scams in the working sector.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:11am On Mar 18, 2022
Accountant greetings, did you consider the tax element in your computations. The guy request is not complete, the guy failed to informed the platform whether he or she works on saturdays. Also adopting 23 or 24days in a month to calculate someone's salary is good but in my own opinion so that both employee and employer is not cheated is using the total days in a month divided by salary. These two approaches are generally accecptable.
N2B2:

Example:

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by BabalawoPikin(m): 10:53am On Mar 18, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:

And you rich pass dangote
lmao. Dangote na small boy when it comes to hustling.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Pearlqueen(f): 11:12am On Mar 18, 2022
OP, firstly, how many days in a week do you work. 5 or 6 or 7.

If you work for 7 days for example, your salary should be calculated thus:

Total salary in a month/31 days X 22 days.

22 days was arrived as a result of deducting 31 days in March from 9 days you didn't work since you started work on the 10th.

If you work for 6 days a week, your salary will be computed thus:
27 working days in March
You missed work for 8 working days
You worked for 19 days in the month.

Total salary in a month/27 days X 19 days.

If you work for 5 days a week, your salary will be computed thus:
23 working days in March
You missed work for 7 working days
You worked for 16 days in the month

Total salary in a month/23 working days X 16 days.

This should be the fair computation of your gross pay before any deductions such as tax or any other mandatory fee is deducted (if any) to arrive at your net pay.

If you have a lenient and compassionate employer, they may choose to pay you in full without deductions.
Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by FiverrTutor(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
Most companies close their payment vouchers on the 15th.... So if you started before 15th you should receive your full salary

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
No allow anyone deceive you, in reality you will earn 50% of your pay or max 67%, but ideally you ought to receive your full pay.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Shytreasure(m): 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mercychen:
They will do a pro rata of your salary ( that is calculate how much you earn per day when your salary is divided) and x it by the number of days you worked. That's your take-home.

Which company still does that though? Even a school I didn't start at the beginning of the term with when I resumed paid me for the full term. How much more a standard organization.

Just bear with them. At least from next month, you'll start receiving full salary.

Thank you very much for the clear and comforting words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by CharlotteFlair: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
pheelhip:

What about days he works overtime, are they going to pay him?

They should pay him his full salary abeg
Yes they should pay him for overtime.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Shytreasure(m): 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
AKWATGOLD1:
Accountant greetings, did you consider the tax element in your computations. The guy request is not complete, the guy failed to informed the platform whether he or she works on saturdays. Also adopting 23 or 24days in a month to calculate someone's salary is good but in my own opinion so that both employee and employer is not cheated is using the total days in a month divided by salary. These two approaches are generally accectable.

Thanks for this input. It's actually a Monday to Friday work settings.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Shytreasure(m): 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Pearlqueen:
OP, firstly, how many days in a week do you work. 5 or 6 or 7.

If you work for 7 days for example, your salary should be calculated thus:

Total salary in a month/31 days X 22 days.

22 days was arrived as a result of deducting 31 days in March from 9 days you didn't work since you started work on the 10th.

If you work for 6 days a week, your salary will be computed thus:
27 working days in March
You missed work for 8 working days
You worked for 19 days in the month.

Total salary in a month/27 days X 19 days.

If you work for 5 days a week, your salary will be computed thus:
23 working days in March
You missed work for 7 working days
You worked for 16 days in the month

Total salary in a month/23 working days X 16 days.

This should be the fair computation of your gross pay before any deductions such as tax or any other mandatory fee is deducted (if any) to arrive at your net pay.

If you have a lenient and compassionate employer, they may choose to pay you in full without deductions.
Good luck.

Wow! What a detailed explanation. Thank you very much. By the way, it's a 5 working day setting (Monday to Friday). Your calculation is clear to me.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Dukeolumidemans(m): 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
Salary is good but try and add profitability to it. That can sky rocket u to the next next level...
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Datikwerreboi(m): 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
Payperboii:
I no de collect salary. I de pay myself
Says a motivational speaker grin cheesy
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Tomilola360: 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2022
pheelhip:

Nigerians and entitlement mentality

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by GboyegaD(m): 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2022
pheelhip:

A company is no charity organization and expecting them to do this means you are not been fair to them.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Different Dates Of Birth On IPPIS And BVN. Any Salary Payment Problem ? / Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? / How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.