Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

How Much Is My Salary? Help!! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Is My Salary? Help!! (15890 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same / 20 Percent Of My Salary. Help! / How I Doubled My Salary Two Years In A Row, And Will Be Tripling It This Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by CharlotteFlair: 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
joshuaidibia:
. I don't know about others but I do know Total E&P does that
I doubt he got a job at a multinational grin
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by dynigoche: 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
N2B2:

Hmm... (Experts, feel free to correct me)

There are 23 working days in March, and you're working on only 16 of them.

Open your calculator and divide 16 by 23. Then, multiply the answer by your full monthly salary.

The new answer is what you should be paid this month.

Example:

If your monthly salary is #75,000, then calculate 16/23 * 75,000.

Your answer (and what they should pay you) will be #52,174.

Are you an accountant, i would have love to recommend you for a job

1 Like

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by akrm01: 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
I resumed on 20th of June in my work, i got my whole salary.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Melst: 4:40pm On Mar 18, 2022
GboyegaD:

A company is no charity organization and expecting them to do this means you are not been fair to them.
But they can be charitable outside right? But not to the workers bringing the money. Last time I checked, charity begins at home. Workplace is the new home.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by GboyegaD(m): 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2022
Melst:

But they can be charitable outside right? But not to the workers bringing the money. Last time I checked, charity begins at home. Workplace is the new home.

Being charitable outside is corporate social responsibility and a means of selling itself so not totally altruistic.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Higgies(m): 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2022
pheelhip:

Has salary deductions ever occurred before, If not you, from your colleague that you heard of?
More like a penalty for an offense
Nothing like that.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Melst: 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2022
GboyegaD:

Being charitable outside is corporate social responsibility and a means of selling itself so not totally altruistic.

Employee focus is also a very important management practice and comes before CSR in terms of priorities and hierarchy. You are first responsible to your employees before the society.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by TikaTurner1(m): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
N2B2:

Hmm... (Experts, feel free to correct me)

There are 23 working days in March, and you're working on only 16 of them.

Open your calculator and divide 16 by 23. Then, multiply the answer by your full monthly salary.

The new answer is what you should be paid this month.

Example:

If your monthly salary is #75,000, then calculate 16/23 * 75,000.

Your answer (and what they should pay you) will be #52,174.

Based on normal calculation of salary per annual you have 21.67 days per month and not 23 days so therefore to calculate you salary know how mouch you earn per day by dividing your salary by 21.67 days, proceed to multiply your result for the day you have work in the month
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by GboyegaD(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
Melst:

Employee focus is also a very important management practice and comes before CSR in terms of priorities and hierarchy. You are first responsible to your employees before the society.

An employee stays because s/he feels s/he is treated right otherwise, the employee find where s/he will fit and leave the organization.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Mayeldah(m): 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
Well if na Kogi state government employ you know say your March salary go be N175.34k grin grin grin
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Aaay: 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
Really
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by decatalyst(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
pheelhip:

A standard organisation with good wage structure should pay you Your whole salary not minding when you were offered employment.

Days you will have to work overtime, are they going for pay you for that? I doubt it

It actually depends on the company's policy but any company that does that is 70% toxic and doesn't care about their staff wellbeing.

I laughed so hard reading this!

What do mean by saying a standard organization pay/should pay for what you didn't work for grin

It does work that way sir. Multinational companies and some reputable local companies just prorate your salary.

It is simple and straightforward!
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by Shytreasure(m): 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
SmartVilletech:

Normally I don’t comment on issues like this on a platform like Nairaland.

However, for record purpose I will like to address this issue this for once.

A lot of people rush to Nairaland to complain about their bosses, salary or company without them telling us of the value that they are adding to their organizations .

Many of the people that cries foul here has no business value to their employer hence they are frustrated.

Thank you.

Well, I'm not sure this comment of yours is directed to me, hence why i won't react to it how i ought to on a normal day.

However, i want you to know that the post doesn't have a tone of a complaint about my employer. It was made to get clarification on something which before now, was not so clear to me.

Not commenting at all would have been better than this.
And to set the record straight, I'm useful to the organisation I'm working with.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by LaExpert: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
pheelhip:

A standard organisation with good wage structure should pay you Your whole salary not minding when you were offered employment.

Days you will have to work overtime, are they going for pay you for that? I doubt it

It actually depends on the company's policy but any company that does that is 70% toxic and doesn't care about their staff wellbeing.

Every standard organisation will prorate your salary based on when you joined.
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by winner37(m): 11:14am On Mar 24, 2022
pheelhip:

some companies are very toxic as you just say, they are very calous towards their staff,.. If am absent from work a day every one will know that i don't come to work due to my position and besides i hardly absent from work,, i was faild to captured by our clocking machine due to system erro this people decided to booked me absent even when i was called to explain myself and the most funniest and anonying part is that the amount they deducted was two days working payment,do you see wickedness. ?
Re: How Much Is My Salary? Help!! by BluntCrazeMan: 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
Rickmann:

That thing you pay yourself is called what?

Nigerians sef..
Stipends tongue tongue grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job / PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG / NNPC 2015 Recruitment- How Authentic Is This Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.