Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? (10691 Views)

I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / What Is Being A "Free Thinker?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by meetmanuel(m): 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2007
My Prayer is that God himself will open your eyes to see and your heart to understand.
The fact that you are confused is a starting poing in your life. You will understand soon.
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by Reverend(m): 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2007
God cannot open your eyes as God is a figment of weak peoples imaginations. Only you can open your eyes, nobody else can.

If you feel praying helps then go ahead. You might just as well talk to yourself though as at least one person will be listening.
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by analyt82(f): 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2007
First of all GEEGEE my comment was to blkraven.   lipsrsealed

Second, what the freak are you talking about? I never "wished you anything." 

Third, I never commented in my one sentence post that I had a problem with you not being a Christian. Do what you do, sweetie. wink Don't see what you want to see, see what I posted, please. undecided

Fourth, You know nothing about my heart, nor me for that matter.  undecided

The heart WILL lead you astray b/c it is emotional (figuratively speaking). A certain percentage of crimes are committed in the HEAT OF PASSION.  Ex. A lover, husband or wife caught cheating, anger, hurt, hate, spite.  All of these emotions (from the heart) can cause you to kill or harm a person.  Basically, when these emotions are experienced you don't tend to think too clearly until later.  cry

In essence, the heart (if you let it) can lead you astray.  If you would've searched deeper before you attacked me you'd know what I was referring to. Obviously not.  grin

It's cool beans though, sweetie!!!  grin
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by BlkRaven(f): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2007
Hi Analyt82

Since you were referring to me. I would like to respond. You say the heart will lead you astray. It appears you took my statement literally. By saying that she should do what she knows in her heart is right, I'm not referring to emotions. I mean that she should be led by her conscience.

Life is a journey of self-discovery and enlightenment. We may all take different routes (some longer than others) but we'll get to our destination in the end. I think the OP should be allowed to go on her journey as she pleases without judgement being passed on her. She does not have to belong to a religious group unless that is her choice.

That's just my opinion.
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by analyt82(f): 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2007
Once again, I could care less if she was religious or not. undecided How can you get me judging her and religion out of six words? undecided Someone please answer me that. N E way. . . . you gave your opinion and I gave mine. That's what some threats are about. Yall don't have to defend each other, I wasn't attacking anyone. As a matter of fact yall sound a little too defensive. undecided You want opinion, but get defensive if it doesn't sit well

It's not that serious sweetie!! grin

It's cool beans with you to wink
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by BlkRaven(f): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2007
Analyt82

Whoa! Whoa! Where did all that come from?

The second paragraph was just a general comment and was not directly aimed at you. Don't take it personally.

PMSL grin
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by analyt82(f): 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2007
Oh, I didn't. It's still cool beans!!! grin
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by palemoon(f): 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2007
"I am a free thinker, does that mean I wont go to heaven?"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by Reverend(m): 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2007
You wont go because it does not exist lipsrsealed
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by twixstars(m): 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2007
Geegee I want you to look up the sky, can you detect any pillar? Now look again can you see anything holding the havens? Of course you will continue to look till your eyes go wary. DO you think God has created everything perfectly including you for you to stand up one day and say hey "i am a free thinker" . God has not created you and me and every other creatures for nothing but worship him. so how do you worship him? is obviously thorough the ordained way. remember all creatures Even the trees bow down in adoration. SO madam I don’t think you are too special to worship him.
In Essence , he has created you for no reason but to worship him and he has laid down the procedures which you'll take. Ignorance is not an excuse please,
    Free thinking won’t take you anywhere you just have to follow what God has ordained for you, The revelation (Through the scriptures).

Have it in mind that religion is an Obligation not a necessity
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by Reverend(m): 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2007
Religion is the root of all evil and should be banned.
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by twixstars(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2007

Sometimes I wonder some people think like this…, Religion should be banned? Did you create you? Will you honor who has created you and provided you with your needs. Consider the water you drink is it you that brings it down from the sky or God, what about the seed which you grow? Is it you that make it God or God? If he wishes, he will turn your Harvest into Chaff then you’ll be filled with wonderment shouting about that you’re deprived. He has given you all this favors without really struggling for it, and all you can say is …

Reverend I think you should really seek for forgiveness from God
By the way reverend, can you sincerely point out that evil that Religion has caused? I know that the Evil you are talking about is caused by us Human and not our religion.
We should be blamed and Go to trial not our religions
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by Reverend(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2007
Why should I seek forgivness from a pretend being?

The whole fairy story about the loving, perfect being, living above the clouds, watching everything we do is insane and absolute nonsense.

If the perfect God supposedly made us in his image, then it stands to reason that he too must be evil?

People should get a life and stop looking for something is not out there undecided undecided

GOD ID DEAD BECAUSE GOD NEVER LIVED lipsrsealed
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by ricadelide(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2007
and the "Reverend" continues his endless, albeit hateful, search for the Living God. tongue
One day, you'd find Him. Keep on looking grin
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by IDINRETE: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2007
twixstars:

Sometimes I wonder some people think like this…, Religion should be banned? Did you create you? Will you honor who has created you and provided you with your needs. Consider the water you drink is it you that brings it down from the sky or God, what about the seed which you grow? Is it you that make it God or God? If he wishes, he will turn your Harvest into Chaff then you’ll be filled with wonderment shouting about that you’re deprived. He has given you all this favors without really struggling for it, and all you can say is …
Reverend I think you should really seek for forgiveness from God
By the way reverend, can you sincerely point out that evil that Religion has caused? I know that the Evil you are talking about is caused by us Human and not our religion.
We should be blamed and Go to trial not our religions

Please which God are you alluding to?
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by twixstars(m): 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2007
Please which God are you alluding to?
Do you know anyother God? well i think i am talkin about the same God me and you worship. dosnt really matter how we do it or the procedures which we follow.
whether christenity, Islam or any other religion
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by Reverend(m): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2007
There are thousands of God's worshiped on this planet, only the Hindu's have more than 28,000 different ones undecided undecided undecided
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:01am On Dec 05, 2007

geegee (f)
lagos

I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven?
« on: August 04, 2007, 01:10 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not belong to any religion, neither do I worship anywhere but I believe there is God.

And I try to keep his commandments, I'm not hypocritical neither am I jugdmental.

I treat everyone fairly, Christian and Muslims inclusive with respect for their beliefs.

Yet I'm being criticised for not having a religion and a place of worship.

Please I want your opinion on this thanks.

Here is the thing. Why do you expect to go to heaven?? Whose heaven?? I mean the muslim heaven?? the Christian heaven?? The hindu idea?? the satanist heaven??Buddhist idea Since your God has commandments for you to live by, you might as well ask him right now if he at least owns a heaven you can go to as reward of serving him with your life and time now. Be sure he has a heaven for you to go to at least. By the way, how did you get the commandments of your God?? Did he whisper this information to you and you alone??
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by Athanatos(m): 12:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
PTH:

Not really, that you reap what you sow is not synonymous with being given the choice to choose between good and evil. Obviously no one chooses to reap evil even when that is what they sow.

This is a classic example of the muddled thinking of he who considers himself a "freethinker". Is it possible to NOT have to pick a father but merely acknowledge that a father exists?
1. Every "God" has clearly distinct conditions and requirements; how do you know which one to follow?

2. Is merely treating someone the way they wish to be treated the general criteria demanded by all "gods"?

3. There is no middle road between right or wrong. You either choose a "god" to follow or you choose not to follow any. That is the real beauty of free thinking.

God is not a mysterious spiritual phenomenon. Depending on what "religion" you believe in, God is indeed real, with specific concepts of how to reach Him and how He speaks to us.
Like every appliance we use in everyday life, God has His own manual. To pretend to have a relationship with Him outside that manual is to decieve yourself. Even witches and devils can also claim to be reaching out to "God" through their own experiences.
PTH/Davidylan, I assume you're christian. There's this part of the Bible(can't remember though) that says that the laws of God shall no more be written on tablets of stone but in the HEARTS of men. Does that not refer to the conscience as God's voice in us?

Waiting for your scholarly answer.

Thank you.
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by Athanatos(m): 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
gbadex1:
gee, and it's the same ol' Rev that would quote scriptures from the Bible trying to validate his "Jesus and Mary had an affair", "God encourages and allows masturbation" BS. disgusting hypocrites, most of the so-called "freethinkers" here are. If God doesn't exist Rev, why use the Bible to validate the crap you brought up a year or two ago? Oh i forgot, u were exposed for the fraud you truly are. I guess Kinky church and Fletcher Snr must be paying you peanuts. better go fry and sell some akara in the UK. As for Horus, ROFL - you are simply pathetic IQ wise. Since u don't believe in Heaven, then the Amun-Re abi na Ra of the bla bla Tamareans that you've been touting on these boards for months automatically doesn't exist. Better yet go call the sorry excuse of an alter ego Kuns to serve the already programmed BS u keep sprouting. . .
Are you a Christian? For there's a huge discrepancy between you and the CHRISTIANS I read about in the Bible. They aren't as caustic and insultive as you've proven to be.
Re: I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? by phranq30(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2017
Religion indeed was created by man.
However i'm still at a loss as to how you expect to reach a "god" you dont know. Merely knowing a god exists is not enough. The question is which one? How and to whom does "he" reach out to? Which is the way to "him"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Traditionalists Demand Public Holidays, Board, Political Appointments / Rilwayne 001 I Say You Better BELIEVE The Ways Of Annunaki And His Followers. / Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.