Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated (40531 Views)

Pray For Me Guys I Just Registered For Big Brother Naija (pics) / Queen To Whitemoney: Stop Feeling Special, I Don’t Love You (BBNaija) / Ajmoney, Tega’s Husband: I Cheated On Her In Our Matrimonial Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2022
ausproxi:

I mean you should recommend an Android TV box

Go for the latest Xiaomi Tv stick 4k

Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by OvertheTop(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2022
cescky:
Hmm

Wer in the same boat.. This guys are wicked... With this package, when their playing champions league.. Thed off all the channels showing major matches.. After the match they restore... Evil people, ive refused to subscribe again.

Am buying Amazon 4k, ill get more shows and i heard ill watch epl for free. Dstv de wicked

Edited :For those asking.. Its called "Amazon fire stick" 4k is the latest version.. Just ask Google for more information

Does it Require Any Monthly Subscription after purchase?
Will you need to Data/Internet Subscription along with it?
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by OvertheTop(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2022
feldido:
Who still pays for DSTV when I can always stream live matches on HD and also cast it to my TV

But The Internet Subscription is also Not free and also Same amount as a Full month DSTV sub
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by cescky(m): 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
OvertheTop:

Does it Require Any Monthly Subscription after purchase?
Will you need to Data/Internet Subscription along with it?

data yes.
monthly, no

note i havent bought yet
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Kryzboy(m): 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2022
feldido:

Your TV should have Cast feature or you can buy the dongle for like 8k or so
yeah there is cast feature on my TV but I don't know how to use it
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
Guys which is the best?
Amazon fire stick 4k or Xiaomi TV Android stick 4k
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by feldido(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2022
OvertheTop:

But The Internet Subscription is also Not free and also Same amount as a Full month DSTV sub

24gig a month for 3500 is enough for the month and I get to watch the match I like.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by feldido(m): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
Kryzboy:
yeah there is cast feature on my TV but I don't know how to use it

It depends on your phone, me I just drag down and choose cast on my phone to connect.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by CypressHill2020: 10:30am On Mar 22, 2022
Haywhy433:
Guys which is the best?
Amazon fire stick 4k or Xiaomi TV Android stick 4k

I'm pretty sure you'd get about the same pleasure using either of the two (2). I use the FireTv stick 4k Max as well as a TV with the Android TV OS (just like you have on the Xiaomi TV stick), but I seem to prefer the UI of the FireTV. The UI on Android TV would have been OK for me if it were Google TV like you have on the Chromecast with Google TV.

That said, there are pros & cons for each device. I had to sell off my Chromecast with Google TV simply because the Directv Stream app isn't readily available on Playstore on the CCwGTV. Weird you'd say. smiley

On the FireTV, I hate the fact that there are preinstalled apps like IMDB, Prime video, etc which you can't delete meaning they take up unnecessary space on the already limited storage. Also, you can't log in and out of a Prime video profile easily like you'd do on Android TV. This means that whatever profile you initially signed into on the FireTV device, that's the same profile you'd have on Prime video. Except you want to deregister and use the Prime video profile to sign in.

Thaat said, please go on and buy whichever one your heart leads you to. You'd enjoy it especially for 4K contents.

N.B. Remember I said I use the FireTV stick 4K Max. Trust me when I say the FireTV stick 4K is just as good. It was just the drive for a newer device that made me upgrade to the 4K Max. I should've simply stuck the the FTV 4K and saved my money.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 11:30am On Mar 22, 2022
CypressHill2020:

I'm pretty sure you'd get about the same pleasure using either of the two (2). I use the FireTv stick 4k Max as well as a TV with the Android TV OS (just like you have on the Xiaomi TV stick), but I seem to prefer the UI of the FireTV. The UI on Android TV would have been OK for me if it were Google TV like you have on the Chromecast with Google TV.

That said, there are pros & cons for each device. I had to sell off my Chromecast with Google TV simply because the Directv Stream app isn't readily available on Playstore on the CCwGTV. Weird you'd say. smiley

On the FireTV, I hate the fact that there are preinstalled apps like IMDB, Prime video, etc which you can't delete meaning they take up unnecessary space on the already limited storage. Also, you can't log in and out of a Prime video profile easily like you'd do on Android TV. This means that whatever profile you initially signed into on the FireTV device, that's the same profile you'd have on Prime video. Except you want to deregister and use the Prime video profile to sign in.

Thaat said, please go on and buy whichever one your heart leads you to. You'd enjoy it especially for 4K contents.

N.B. Remember I said I use the FireTV stick 4K Max. Trust me when I say the FireTV stick 4K is just as good. It was just the drive for a newer device that made me upgrade to the 4K Max. I should've simply stuck the the FTV 4K and saved my money.

I sincerely want to buy you a chilled malt and suya haha

Thanks so much chief

1 Like

Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by trinity11(m): 4:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
jubrilcastle:

Not possible
Just watch out for the time I posted
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by CypressHill2020: 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
Haywhy433:

I sincerely want to buy you a chilled malt and suya haha

Thanks so much chief

Lol. That chilled malt would come in handy under this scorching sun in Lagos. Let's know when you finally settle for your preferred device so we can help you p. i. m. p it up with "cheap" subscription apps. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by obongtunji: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Hack your decoder!

How is that possible
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by obongtunji: 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
osazsky:
even if u dont have andriod or smart tv get a andeiod box for as low as 28k and turn ur old tv to smart tv..i dont know wat is really wrong with nigerians..like to they waste money..even the andriod box has netflex etc
.even with common 6k u can get unlimeted acces to the internent for one full month with ur territorial k konect satalite...una nor go do research..u can connect 1000 phones to it via wifi ..the only disadvantage is dat u cant use it outside ur house

Interesting
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by obongtunji: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2022
PROPHETmichael:

That's some of over 5000 channels including all of DSTV channels that you will be enjoying.
Moreover, nothing like "E16 service currently scrambled"

Please which box is this
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by GEJDHERO: 9:51pm On Mar 22, 2022
YingyangNg:
i watched spiderman 720p ,over 2hours streaming and it didnt buffer once.
Stories
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 1:14am On Mar 23, 2022
CypressHill2020:

Lol. That chilled malt would come in handy under this scorching sun in Lagos. Let's know when you finally settle for your preferred device so we can help you love-vendor it with "cheap" subscription apps. Cheers.
I'll update you boss

1 Like

Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by CaptainFM1: 7:46am On Mar 24, 2022
PROPHETmichael:

PM me

Bro. I've PM'd you.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by PROPHETmichael: 8:48am On Mar 24, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Bro. I've PM'd you.

I replied you
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 9:34am On Mar 25, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Get "X88 Pro 10".

I've been using this since 2018. I observed we always adopt new technology very late in Nigeria. IPTV has been in existence for over 10yrs now.

All you need is a stable and cheap internet service. I use GLO from my phone to connect the box via WiFi because it's cheap. And the good thing is, I also downloaded all the IPTV's I like on my phone and the box.

So even when I'm not at home, I can still watch anything I want right from my phone. No down-time with IPTV unlike DSTV that if there's no light, I cannot watch. With IPTV, I will just continue whatever I'm watching from my phone whenever Nepa takes light.

What more...there's no end to channels that you can access from IPTV because you can easily see everything from all over the world.

Movies....my favorites. While DSTV is showing you some 1980 movies, you can get movies as current as that released 6hours ago on IPTV.

OMG.... Cartoons! If you have kids, just know that you would need 2TVs, and 2Android boxes because the qualities and amount of cartoon channels available to them on IPTV, they ain't gonna drop the remote for you.

News Channels....You go dey current as far as knowing what's happening in Nicaragua or Solomon Island.

Adult Contents....hmm hmm, you think what I'm thinking....live viewing and direct chat with those models.... "I love Camilla. You can tell her to touch this or that, show you her stuffs...but hey! those adult channels aren't free. You subs for them and they will send you codes for viewing.

I even downloaded WhatsApp on my own box and use my wireless keyboard to chat right on my sofa using the TV. I'm so lazy a person

If I start enumerating the advantages of IPTV to you, I swear, you go return DSTV and their dish to them back. Their ugly dish just beaming to heaven and praying that I subscribe again since 2018. It's even disfiguring the house each time I look at it. When I have the time, I will pull it down to the grave.

Please give me links to free iptv services sir
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Get "X88 Pro 10".

I've been using this since 2018. I observed we always adopt new technology very late in Nigeria. IPTV has been in existence for over 10yrs now.

All you need is a stable and cheap internet service. I use GLO from my phone to connect the box via WiFi because it's cheap. And the good thing is, I also downloaded all the IPTV's I like on my phone and the box.

So even when I'm not at home, I can still watch anything I want right from my phone. No down-time with IPTV unlike DSTV that if there's no light, I cannot watch. With IPTV, I will just continue whatever I'm watching from my phone whenever Nepa takes light.

What more...there's no end to channels that you can access from IPTV because you can easily see everything from all over the world.

Movies....my favorites. While DSTV is showing you some 1980 movies, you can get movies as current as that released 6hours ago on IPTV.

OMG.... Cartoons! If you have kids, just know that you would need 2TVs, and 2Android boxes because the qualities and amount of cartoon channels available to them on IPTV, they ain't gonna drop the remote for you.

News Channels....You go dey current as far as knowing what's happening in Nicaragua or Solomon Island.

Adult Contents....hmm hmm, you think what I'm thinking....live viewing and direct chat with those models.... "I love Camilla. You can tell her to touch this or that, show you her stuffs...but hey! those adult channels aren't free. You subs for them and they will send you codes for viewing.

I even downloaded WhatsApp on my own box and use my wireless keyboard to chat right on my sofa using the TV. I'm so lazy a person

If I start enumerating the advantages of IPTV to you, I swear, you go return DSTV and their dish to them back. Their ugly dish just beaming to heaven and praying that I subscribe again since 2018. It's even disfiguring the house each time I look at it. When I have the time, I will pull it down to the grave.

Boss please help with the iptv links/apps
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by CaptainFM1: 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
Haywhy433:

Boss please help with the iptv links/apps

Download "Live NetTV Apk" from Google. You will have to "enable unknown sources".

You can set up Kodi as well. Once you downloaded Kodi, install "The Crew" repository into Kodi, and you will have even multiple channels.

Google/watch youtube channels for how to install "The Crew" channel onto Kodi.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Download "Live NetTV Apk" from Google. You will have to "enable unknown sources".

You can set up Kodi as well. Once you downloaded Kodi, install "The Crew" repository into Kodi, and you will have even multiple channels.

Google/watch youtube channels for how to install "The Crew" channel onto Kodi.

The live Nettv apk refused to open on my phone.
Kodi after adding the "the crew" add on went blank after i closed and wanted to use the app again.
I use a Samsung A52 and its quite smooth.

Please can i liventtv get the apk directly from you?
Any kodi alternative to use the crew?
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by CaptainFM1: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Haywhy433:

The live Nettv apk refused to open on my phone.
Kodi after adding the "the crew" add on went blank after i closed and wanted to use the app again.
I use a Samsung A52 and its quite smooth.

Please can i liventtv get the apk directly from you?
Any kodi alternative to use the crew?

First is your network fast?
PM me your phone no.

Live NetTV works seemlessly on my phone and Android box. I've not installed Kodi on my phone but it works perfectly on the box with the Crew repo.

Please note; follow the step by step guide as directed by Google or YouTube search.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
CaptainFM1:

First is your network fast?
PM me your phone no.

Live NetTV works seemlessly on my phone and Android box. I've not installed Kodi on my phone but it works perfectly on the box with the Crew repo.

Please note; follow the step by step guide as directed by Google or YouTube search.

Kodi now works fine.
My network is average.
I'll pm sir
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Kryzboy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
feldido:

It depends on your phone, me I just drag down and choose cast on my phone to connect.
anyview cast is in my phone just teach me how to use it
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by CaptainFM1: 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Haywhy433:

Kodi now works fine.
My network is average.
I'll pm sir

You welcome. Get an Android TV box and your limitations will be just the network.

You can find out the best and relatively cheap network in your area and have them install their system and services for you. I tell you, you will save half of the money you are dashing DSThiefV.

1 Like

Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by CaptainFM1: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2022
Haywhy433:

Go for the latest Xiaomi Tv stick 4k

I won't advise dongles. It's better to go for the android TV boxes.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by feldido(m): 10:45pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kryzboy:
anyview cast is in my phone just teach me how to use it

Same feature should be in your TV. It's simple just like connecting WiFi to Hotspot.

Enable it on your TV and do same on your phone, choose the TV and that's all. Different TV with different way to connect.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2022
CaptainFM1:

You welcome. Get an Android TV box and your limitations will be just the network.

You can find out the best and relatively cheap network in your area and have them install their system and services for you. I tell you, you will save half of the money you are dashing DSThiefV.

Sir o8143393""7
Please help drop the app on whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Funny Yoruba Movie English Subtitles [Photos] / Soso Soberekon: I Didn't Break My TV When Kiddwaya Got Evicted, It Was A Prank / Regina Daniels Returns To Acting With “The Journey Of Love” (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.