Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,069 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated (40537 Views)

Pray For Me Guys I Just Registered For Big Brother Naija (pics) / Queen To Whitemoney: Stop Feeling Special, I Don’t Love You (BBNaija) / Ajmoney, Tega’s Husband: I Cheated On Her In Our Matrimonial Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Kryzboy(m): 7:16am On Mar 27, 2022
feldido:

Same feature should be in your TV. It's simple just like connecting WiFi to Hotspot.

Enable it on your TV and do same on your phone, choose the TV and that's all. Different TV with different way to connect.

Alright thanks
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by Haywhy433(m): 9:36am On Apr 03, 2022
osazsky:
even if u dont have andriod or smart tv get a andeiod box for as low as 28k and turn ur old tv to smart tv..i dont know wat is really wrong with nigerians..like to they waste money..even the andriod box has netflex etc
.even with common 6k u can get unlimeted acces to the internent for one full month with ur territorial k konect satalite...una nor go do research..u can connect 1000 phones to it via wifi ..the only disadvantage is dat u cant use it outside ur house
Great. Boss how's the streaming speed after one exhausts the 10gb priority data (seems small)

Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by JhyMedex: 2:54am On Aug 20, 2023
CaptainFM1:

There are paid operators that will give you additional services such as giving you EPG and brief description of programmes and there are free apps that collates channels as well.

I use the free ones though. In truth, you can't really call most of the free ones IPTV because IPTV means Internet Protocol TV. And most of the free stations aren't complying with the standard protocols. In civilized clime, even you stealing channels and streaming to view can be traced and legal actions taken against you.

If you going for paid IPTV, you need both subscription and your internet. But if you're going for free ones, I can give you free apps to download via APK.

I've given out few apps in the past, and I noticed that few weeks after, they will bring those apps down. I guess DSTV too is fighting hard cos their real competitors are the IPTV.

Boss.. A few questions please.

How much would it cost to get the IPTV?
How much for monthly subscription?
How much data do you have to buy to last you one month?

Thanks
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by CaptainFM1: 9:11am On Aug 20, 2023
JhyMedex:

Boss.. A few questions please.

Thanks

IPTV means Internet Protocol Television. Basically, watching TV over the internet. There are free IPTV (e.g limited version of Youtube on your phone) and there are paid IPTV (e.g Netflix, Amazon prime and DSTVnow). Most of them you can download online on your phone or on your smart TV.
If you don't have a smart TV, you can get a "smart box" (Prices varies...,typically from 10k to 400k depending on your taste and need).

If you opt for paid IPTV, then charges depends on which client you use. Free IPTV only cost you your internet data.

Internet data usage is user dependent. I and my household use roughly 20k to 25k internet monthly. We have an outdoor unit with indoor router that can feed up to 32 appliances, so we don't have to subscribe on each individual phones and gadgets.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by JhyMedex: 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2023
CaptainFM1:

IPTV means Internet Protocol Television. Basically, watching TV over the internet. There are free IPTV (e.g limited version of Youtube on your phone) and there are paid IPTV (e.g Netflix, Amazon prime and DSTVnow). Most of them you can download online on your phone or on your smart TV.
If you don't have a smart TV, you can get a "smart box" (Prices varies...,typically from 10k to 400k depending on your taste and need).

If you opt for paid IPTV, then charges depends on which client you use. Free IPTV only cost you your internet data.

Internet data usage is user dependent. I and my household use roughly 20k to 25k internet monthly. We have an outdoor unit with indoor router that can feed up to 32 appliances, so we don't have to subscribe on each individual phones and gadgets.

Thank you for taking the time to answer and explain.

You were quite clear.

Would you happen to know how much is Amazon prime subscription for a month?

Thank you.
Re: I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated by CaptainFM1: 7:53am On Aug 21, 2023
PROPHETmichael:

That's some of over 5000 channels including all of DSTV channels that you will be enjoying.
Moreover, nothing like "E16 service currently scrambled"

Please which IPTV is this in the picture. Is it subscription free? I will like to download it.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Funny Yoruba Movie English Subtitles [Photos] / Soso Soberekon: I Didn't Break My TV When Kiddwaya Got Evicted, It Was A Prank / Regina Daniels Returns To Acting With “The Journey Of Love” (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.