Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC (16176 Views)

We Haven’t Approved New Electricity Tariff – NERC / Oshiomhole's Removal : We Haven’t Been Served Any Court Document – APC / Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by Islie: 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) says the offence for which the immediate past governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano, was arrested is being kept under wraps because of an ongoing investigation.

Obiano was apprehended at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, on Thursday evening, hours after he left office and Prof Chuwkuma Soludo was sworn in as the new governor of the state.

Obiano arrested hours after losing immunity
Soludo: Why Bianca, Obiano’s wife clashed at my inauguration

He was reportedly on his way to the United States of America when he was picked up at the airport.

The anti-graft agency had placed the former governor on its watch list since November last year.

The EFCC had in a letter to the Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) dated November 15, 2021, requested the Service to place Obiano on watchlist and alert the agency anytime he is travelling out of the country via any International airports and other points of entry and exit.

The agency, however, did not state why the ex-governor was placed on watchlist.

Speaking with Daily Trust, Mr Wilson Uwujaren, spokesman of the anti-graft agency, said Obiano’s alleged offence was not disclosed after his arrest because it’s not time for the commission to do so.

He said, “We are not giving that (the offence) out at the moment. The matter is still under investigation. It is also not correct that he has been released. He is with the commission.”

Uwujaren was evasive when asked when Obiano would be released, saying, “Once he is released, you will get the information.”

https://dailytrust.com/why-we-havent-made-obianos-offence-public-efcc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by Olunmercy56(f): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
grin I can't wait for Buhari's regime to finish, you must do same to him if EFCC is not coward sad

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by Befulfilled(f): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
With your religious heart

2 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by Redoil: 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
EFCC and all the politicians are Thieves they will waste public fund and tax payers money to bring charges, heap the charges, amplified the charges, make noise, cry wolf and at the end of the day they will take him to supreme court to upturn the case

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by inoki247: 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
lol you guys are confused arrest someone before you start investigation....

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by Racoon(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
What they ought to have done a long time ago that they should be bootstrapping by now. Perhaps, it's the trademark EFCC media trial of arrest first before investigation to incriminate. Hope they are planning the same package for Gandollar?

10 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
What exactly is wrong with agencies in this country? I wonder why you'll arrest someone when you are yet to conclude your investigations on him. You don't have any evidence, and yet you arrested him.

Anyways, the drunkard 'Obiano' supported buhari in 2019 so he deserve everything happening to him right now.

21 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by datola: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2022
I pray Soludo really distinguishes himself from them.
Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by ecolime(m): 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
Making arrests before doing investigation. Very useless organisation.

The fact that Obiano was incompetent does not mean we should support EFCC on this. It could be anybody tomorrow.

Can't they learn from the FBI-Hushpuppy case?

12 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by CrownOfClay724: 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by JosephXavier: 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
We know that it is Malami that is witch-hunting Obiano

He tried to impose state of emergency in Anambra to help them install APC in Anambra after trying to lure Obiano to APC but all the attempts failed

Obiano publicly called out Malami for his ill intentions in Anambra and personally went to meet the president at state house with his argument being that if a state of emergency will be declared in Anambra,same should be done in terrorist ravaged Katsina, Yobe, Kaduna, Zamfara and Sokoto

We all need to rally around Obiano and not leave him to his fate because he stood his ground for his people

Malami is a terrorist

25 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by MansoryMX(m): 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
But you can arrest youths, plaster their photos and information all over the internet and tarnish their image for life for offense that is not up to 0.00045% of What these politicians are committing. Nigeria is indeed a lost cause for youths in this country. Heaven knows the day EFcc go burst me for being a crypto trader because them nor dey use eye see youth living and doing well! na kill or be killed. I will set the example so others can follow. We have had enough in this country

6 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by candidbabe(f): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
Anambra adigo mma

1 Like

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by aribisala0(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
Presumably arrest is to prevent him running away . Strange that he is going to America immediately after
handing over. I would have thought he would want to stay and enjoy the new glorious Anambra that he created

They should put him in front of a judge as soon as possible. They cannot detain him indefinitely.

68 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by Richashell: 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
All he had to do was leave the country while he was still a governor and let his deputy handover.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by whippersnapper(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2022
Seems like been a politician in this country. The law does not apply to you. You can commit all the heinous crimes known to man. I'm still waiting for when this politicians would be paraded with boxers and sent to prison like the criminals that the are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by GloriousGbola: 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
inoki247:
lol you guys are confused arrest someone before you start investigation....

End of. These fools who break into houses without warrants can't be taken seriously. Two years later, naira Marley is still catching cruise with them.

They are looking at ndlea and trying form relevance
Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by ATEAMS: 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nawao
Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by orohbiro(f): 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
These guys are busy negotiating the bribe cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by spencekat(m): 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2022
Richashell:
All he had to do was leave the country while he was still a governor and let his deputy handover.
He had a frosty relationship with his deputy.In addition,Immigration was informed to keep a tab on him.

1 Like

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
Arresting opposition before investigation but can't investigate apc politicians

4 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by orohbiro(f): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
whippersnapper:
Seems like been a politician in this country. The law does not apply to you. You can commit all the heinous crimes known to man. I'm still waiting for when this politicians would be paraded with boxers and sent to prison like the criminals that the are
oga u go wait tire tommorow latest obiano is in Texas. He be like say I go go apply for Efcc soon. People dey cash out steady

2 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by MOTOPARK: 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
MansoryMX:
But you can arrest youths, plaster their photos and information all over the internet and tarnish their image for life for offense that is not up to 0.00045% of What these politicians are committing. Nigeria is indeed a lost cause for youths in this country. Heaven knows the day EFcc go burst me for being a crypto trader because them nor dey use eye see youth living and doing well! na kill or be killed. I will set the example so others can follow. We have had enough in this country
if obiano is found wanting for any stain of misappropriation of fund and abuse of office,he should pay for is crime.

1 Like

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by Kennyprince: 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2022
Olunmercy56:
grin I can't wait for Buhari's regime to finish, you must do same to him if EFCC is not coward sad

That is if you have any evidence against him anyways. Talk is cheap

3 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by Donshegxy10(m): 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nigeria security operatives are unprofessional and not competent.

Since november and nothing tangible yet.

At the end they will eventually slam him with over 200 charges and they will still lose in court.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by wale8486: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
just keep him there.
we are not interested in his offence
Re: Why We Haven’t Made Obiano’s Offence Public – EFCC by orohbiro(f): 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2022
MOTOPARK:
if obiano is found wanting for any stain of misappropriation of fund and abuse of office,he should pay for is crime.
a

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ayamelum Receives Soludo's Special Christmas Touch (Photos) / Lagos Guber: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Sanwo-olu / MURIC To Obi: Confirm Or Deny ‘yes Daddy’ Leaked Audio For Fair Hearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.