Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? (4625 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Context and intentions get them upset, not the fact that they are women. In other words, they don't have issues with being women. Rather, they have issues with the idea that a woman isn't supposed to say/do whatever it is they said/did that made you make the statement. You'd naturally drag me to the grave if I say to you, "you're supposed to pay your girlfriend's school fees. You're a man." It's not because you're not a man but because you don't think being a man makes it your duty to pay a girl's school fees. I thought this was obvious though.

Do you mean "you are a woman" places certain limitations on them? Care to give examples.
You bringing in gender obligations. Such that a woman has what and what not she is obligated to?.. I think it will only gets more complicated and distasteful when women begin to tell us what & what not they are obligated to.
To make things much easier for everyone, women must accept the fact that they are women.
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Me no dey argue with man. E better make I go pick beans. They are too HEmotional to see beyond their noses. I jump and pass. smiley
You are a bag of troubles.
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by thorpido(m): 11:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
What a thread! cheesy

Op, it's not about the anatomy, it's about the underlying intent in the conversation.These things are obvious even in our day to day conversations that have nothing to do with gender.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
RightToReject:
It depends on the people involved and the situation where and how it happened:

It can be a complimentary remark - example, when a highly intuitive woman helps you dissect a person or extrapolate a concept quickly. From your demeanor and the connotation of your pronouncement, a reasonable woman in this regard will automatically understand that it comes from the place of justness and admiration from you, given that reasonable women tend to be highly intuitive.

Of course, it can be used to convey derision, as it's usually the case in most cases, rather than to compliment, just like smirking and smiling/laughing do, respectively - In this regard, the demeanor and connotation of the pronouncement, no matter how hard one might try to gloss their true intention, will definitely show that it was made to deride.
I can understand the complimentary part but the derision part is lost on me.

If you told a child " You're a child", it is complimentary, derision or could be both?
How could " you're a woman" have two sides of a coin?
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by thorpido(m): 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

If you told a child " You're a child", it is complimentary, derision or could be both?

In what way could,'you're a child' be derision?

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 11:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
cococandy:
For the DENSE people let me break to down for you.
Most women love being women and are proud of being women.

However we know that you guys don’t respect women due to your innate and nurtured misogyny. So when you say “you’re a woman” to a woman out of the blues and unrelated to whatever the conversation is, we know it’s because you think in your twisted mind that it’s a form of insult.

That’s why you think telling a man he acts or thinks like a woman is an insult. That’s why a man “driving like a woman” is unbecoming. That’s why you groom young boys to think the worst thing they can be is effeminate. So they overcompensate in order to prove they are not like lowly women.

When you tell a woman she’s a woman, it’s because you’re thinking in that moment that she’s overreaching her level and needs to “stay in her place”. The place you believe is beneath you.

But let’s all pretend to be idiots here shall we.
This is purely your own twisted interpretation and honestly, I feel sick to my stomach reading this.
When the society asked a boy child or an male adult to stop acting or thinking like a woman, please, please & please, hold the society that sets such a standard responsible, Not the men that are groomed to be men.
Naturally, women tend to seek love, caring, financial security and protection under the umbrella of a man. Do not put the blame on the men, put it on the women.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by WoundedLamb: 11:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

Do you mean "you are a woman" places certain limitations on them? Care to give examples.
You bringing in gender obligations. Such as a woman has what and what not she is obligated to?.. I think it will only gets more complicated and distasteful when women begin to tell us what & what not they are obligated to.
To make things much easier for everyone, women must accept the fact that they are women.

Hhmm... but your comment doesn't really show you read mine at all. You just said the opposite of what I wrote. I said they're not disputing the fact that they are women but only challenging the idea that they're not supposed to do some things cause they're women. You think a woman wants to be called a man? I gave an example using a man since the question came from a man.

That expression when taken out of context becomes useless. To understand why a lady wouldn't want to be told that, you must put into context. And people use that expression mostly to tell women what to do and what not to do thus the reason it has become limiting. A lady who just gave birth to twins wouldn't be upset when you tell her "dear, you're indeed a woman!" But when a lady desides to japa like everyone else or pursue her career to the fullest or contest for SUG president or speak up in public like everyone else or do any of those things men think are reserved for them, that's when you hear people say "you're a woman" or "don't you know you're a woman?" The person speaking is the one placing the limitation, the person objecting is only reacting to it.

You get it now?

4 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
thorpido:
In what way could,'you're a child' be derision?
I asked same question because he said "you're a woman" could either be complimentary or derision.

If "You're a man" and " You're a child" are not derision, then why " you're a woman".

I am almost sure every mother at a point, would have told their girl child " You're a girl"..

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Hhmm... but your comment doesn't really show you read mine at all. You just said the opposite of what I wrote. I said they're not disputing the fact that they are women but only challenging the idea that they're not supposed to do some things cause they're women. You think a woman wants to be called a man? I gave an example using a man since the question came from a man.

That expression when taken out of context becomes useless. To understand why a lady wouldn't want to be told that, you must put into context. And people use that expression mostly to tell women what to do and what not to do thus the reason it has become limiting. A lady who just gave birth to twins wouldn't be upset when you tell her "dear, you're indeed a woman!" But when a lady desides to japa like everyone else or pursue her career to the fullest or contest for SUG president or speak up in public like everyone else or do any of those things men think are reserved for them, that's when you hear people say "you're a woman" or "don't you know you're a woman?" The person speaking is the one placing the limitation, the person objecting is only reacting to it.

You get it now?
NO
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 11:53pm On Mar 18, 2022
cococandy:
Okay bro
Your mum would most likely have said to you " you're a girl" did you feel offended?
Every mother would have told their girl child" You're a girl". Was it ill- intentioned?
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 11:56pm On Mar 18, 2022
Palema007:
"You are a woman" ehn ehn before nko? I be goat?

But heaven will help you sha if one day you need my input on a matter. Nah then you go explain your " you are a woman" sentence.

No stress at all.
Women don't have a big ego.
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

Women don't have a big ego.
Well I do.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by WoundedLamb: 11:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

NO
Ok.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 12:05am On Mar 19, 2022
Palema007:
Well I do.
You don't. Your ego is recessive, men egos are dominant. know this and know peace.
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 12:06am On Mar 19, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Ok.
Your analogies are not agreeable.
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by WoundedLamb: 12:07am On Mar 19, 2022
CumOnHer:

Your analogies are not agreeable.
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 19, 2022
CumOnHer:

You don't. Your ego is recessive, men egos are dominant. know this and know peace.
grin grin grin You are right grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by RightToReject(m): 12:22am On Mar 19, 2022
CumOnHer:

Maybe a likely conversation between an inegalitarian man and a woman in a scenario like the following might help you understand better why a woman, whether reasonable or unreasonable, will feel angry when being reminded that she's a woman:

State of the nation as the subject of discussion

- The inegalitarian man - Nigeria can never get better, not now, and not in the future.

- A woman - no, Nigeria might get better someday, after all, no condition is permanent. A good leader can easily turn the fortunes of the country and citizenry around.

- The inegalitarian man - you are a woman.

As you might observe from the conversation above, the inegalitarian man's last interjection wasn't obviously done in good faith, but to debase - of course, his demeanor and/or tone when saying that will definitely convey his true intention. Because he innately holds the belief that a woman is beneath a man in all indices; therefore, he wittingly or unwittingly concludes that she was talking nonsense. Whereas, realistically, from a rational and fair POV, the woman in the conversation made more sense than him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Haakeem(m): 12:35am On Mar 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Me no dey argue with man. E better make I go pick beans. They are too HEmotional to see beyond their noses. I jump and pass. smiley
lubbish...

No vexs meangry
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Haakeem(m): 12:37am On Mar 19, 2022
Palema007:
"You are a woman" ehn ehn before nko? I be goat?

But heaven will help you sha if one day you need my input on a matter. Nah then you go explain your " you are a woman" sentence.

No stress at all.
then i would explain it on a different way that would even leave yah smilingcheesy
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Tallesty1(m): 5:30am On Mar 19, 2022
Telling a woman that she's a woman isn't what gets her angry. It is when it was said and how it was said that gets her angry.

If you're in a group of women, broke and in need of cash and someone suddenly starts giving them 100k each.

But when he gets to you he says, dude you're a man and leaves you with nothing, can you in all honesty say that you won't be sad?

Telling a woman that she's a woman most times means shut up, this is not your place or you don't deserve this etc.

Say the truth. E no hard

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by pocohantas(f): 6:41am On Mar 19, 2022
Tallesty1:

Say the truth. E no hard

Lol. It is actually very hard. One even had to say it is masculine women that hate it. The way these guys would lie through their teeth to defend/support trash sha. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 7:26am On Mar 19, 2022
RightToReject:

Maybe a likely conversation between an inegalitarian man and a woman in a scenario like the following might help you understand better why a woman, whether reasonable or unreasonable, will feel angry when being reminded that she's a woman:

State of the nation as the subject of discussion

- The inegalitarian man - Nigeria can never get better, not now, and not in the future.

- A woman - no, Nigeria might get better someday, after all, no condition is permanent. A good leader can easily turn the fortunes of the country and citizenry around.

- The inegalitarian man - you are a woman.

As you might observe from the conversation above, the inegalitarian man's last interjection wasn't obviously done in good faith, but to debase - of course, his demeanor and/or tone when saying that will definitely convey his true intention. Because he innately holds the belief that a woman is beneath a man in all indices; therefore, he wittingly or unwittingly concludes that she was talking nonsense. Whereas, realistically, from a rational and fair POV, the woman in the conversation made more sense than him.

I found your choice of " inegalitarian" as an inappropriate description. Let's broaden the argument a bit. If you substitute the " inegalitarian man" for a "woman" and make the conversation a " woman to woman" conversation, would the outcome/reaction have been the same?

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 7:50am On Mar 19, 2022
Tallesty1:
Telling a woman that she's a woman isn't what gets her angry. It is when it was said and how it was said that gets her angry.

If you're in a group of women, broke and in need of cash and someone suddenly starts giving them 100k each.

But when he gets to you he says, dude you're a man and leaves you with nothing, can you in all honesty say that you won't be sad?

Telling a woman that she's a woman most times means shut up, this is not your place or you don't deserve this etc.

Say the truth. E no hard
Some men are trying to patronize women on this thread but it's all good tho.
Have you considered that a broke man in the midst of a group of broke women would not get angry at being denied some wad of cash much as he would be when denied a 100k in the midst of a group of broke men.
I wouldn't be angry when I am being reminded that I am a man in the midst of women but would scatter the table when you denied me what's meant for me in the midst of my fellow men.

A clearer example is when a coat that is meant for a man, during cold season is passed on to a woman for warmth. During a cold season, when a boy or a man is told that "you're a man", give the coats to the women. No eyebrows is raised. The men suffer the cold to the chest just because they are men while the women hangs the coat around the chest just because they are women.

A man in the midst of women is already at a disadvantage, meanwhile in the midst of his fellow men, it is the survival of the fittest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 8:00am On Mar 19, 2022
CumOnHer:

I found your choice of " inegalitarian" as an inappropriate description. Let's broaden the argument a bit. If you substitute the " inegalitarian man" for a "woman" and make the conversation a " woman to woman" conversation, would the outcome/reaction have been the same?

The question is would a woman say that to another woman during such a conversation?
Or you just dey find talk where talk no dey?
Iwo gan ro naa.
Would it make any sense?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 19, 2022
pocohantas:

You think he doesn’t know?

Men and their usual mansplaining. Always looking for who to gaslight with offensive questions disguised as logical-curious-questions.

Why doesn’t he remind his mother and female bosses of their gender when putting things to them. Mtcheeew

Well...
I'm not surprised at your comment undecided...
You are a woman after all cheesy...

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 8:13am On Mar 19, 2022
Mariangeles:

The question is would a woman say that to another woman during such a conversation?
Or you just dey find talk where talk no dey?
Iwo gan ro naa.
Would it make any sense?
I would have you to be entirely honest. Is it uncommon for a woman to tell another woman that " you are a woman" and therefore "you can't do this, you can only do that".
I have often heard women say to each other" I am a woman as you are, this is the way to go as a woman"
Very importantly, I have asked but haven't gotten a response to my earlier question. Almost every mother tells their girl child " you are a girl". How different is it from "you are a woman"?. Did you get offended when your mum told you that?
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 8:21am On Mar 19, 2022
eyinjuege:
It sounds patronising.
Majority of people do not like to be patronised .
My reply to such depends on my mood e.g
"really, I could've sworn I was hermaphrodite " or
" Einstein, you've just discovered what the world didn't know" or
"And so?" or
Just ignore because I don't have energy to talk.
But if it's your own way of making petty talk, I still don't have energy. No vex
You are indifferent.
It is rather more reasonable to be indifferent than pander to unnecessary bandwagoning.
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 8:24am On Mar 19, 2022
CumOnHer:

Have you considered that a broke man in the midst of a group of broke women would not get angry at being denied some wad of cash much as he would be when denied a 100k in the midst of a group of broke men.
I wouldn't be angry when I am being reminded that I am a man in the midst of women but would scatter the table when you denied me what's meant for me in the midst of my fellow men.

A clearer example is when a coat that is meant for a man, during cold season is passed on to a woman for warmth. During a cold season, when a boy or a man is told that "you're a man", give the coats to the women. No eyebrows is raised. The men suffer the cold to the chest just because they are men while the women hangs the coat around the chest just because they are women.

A man in the midst of women is already at a disadvantage, meanwhile in the midst of his fellow men, it is the survival of the fittest.

Ok. Wetin be your issue with women gangan? Because this your conversation don enter another dimension.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by thorpido(m): 8:28am On Mar 19, 2022
CumOnHer:

Tallesty1:

Say the truth. E no hard
Saying the truth is patronizing?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 8:46am On Mar 19, 2022
Mariangeles:

Ok. Wetin be your issue with women gangan? Because this your conversation don enter another dimension.
I thought we're discussing a topic
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 8:49am On Mar 19, 2022
CumOnHer:

I thought we're discussing a topic

Not when you're not being straightforward.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! How Can I Deal With A Difficult Child? / Please Help - Our Intimate Life Is Not Normal / Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.