Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? (4564 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2022
Why do women often get angry or irritated whenever you tell them " You are a woman" during the course of discussing with them?

Why do they always lose their temper when you remind them that they are women

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Baitullah: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2022
It probably portrays them as weaker vessels/preys.

Whether they get angry or not, the boobs are there, the pussy is there plus small musculature. They'll remain women.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Baitullah: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2022
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
It’s the same way are you not a man? could get a man angry.

When you say things in a demeaning/condescending way, people can perceive it.
You don’t expect them not to get offended.

Haakeem:
lol, your's is nt same with the op.... "you are a woman", "are you not a man'', those two phrase are'nt identical yunno?

Ok. Who gets to decide how who says what? undecided

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Haakeem(m): 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mariangeles:

lol, your's is nt same with the op.... "you are a woman", "are you not a man'', those two phrase are'nt identical yunno?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 3:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mariangeles:

This is a smart deflection. "Not" is often used to express the negative or opposite.
If you say "Are you not a man", you are implying that he acts as though he is not a man. In other words, you're implying that he acts like a woman. Therefore, advertently or inadvertently, you are projecting on him the opposite gender by virtue of his actions/behavior/decisions.

Let's bring logic to the table, If a woman refuses to cook and I said "why don't you want to cook, are you not a woman". I'm implying that she is not a man to avoid the kitchen, it is incumbent on her to cook as a woman.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2022
That statement alone is like a racist comment.

It's just like saying because I'm a lady I don't count,or add up, or matter....its like I can't contribute anything meaningful to the society. A weak gender with no capability. It's demeaning. Y'all should desist from it. Unless u mean it in a different context. And always add an explanation so we know u ain't tripping!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
ReneeNuttall:

It's just like saying because I'm a lady I don't count,or add up, or matter....its like I can't contribute anything meaningful to the society. A weak gender with no capability. It's demeaning. Y'all should desist from it. Unless u mean it in a different context. And always add an explanation so we know u ain't tripping!
Thanks for the honest input yet confusing, shocking and dumbfounding all the same.
You're a woman and that's your gender - fact!
Why should you get triggered?

When I say "you are a woman" ;
1. I'm reminding you of whom you are.

2. I'm emphasising the fact that you're a woman

3. I'm awakening your consciousness to your place as a woman - to be more aware of yourself being a woman.
There's nothing condescending or demeaning of a woman being reminded of who she is.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Pakute: 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
ReneeNuttall:

What dafuq did I just read. This gender is the most confused in the world.
I have heard women eulogize themselves saying' I am a woman; strong, powerful and intelligent. I am a woman; a goddess, beautiful, charming, inspiring greatness etc.. But when a man tells you that you are a woman, you then begin to dissect the intent and unravel the purpose of the statement with an already tainted mindset that it was riddled with a form of racism, connoting a weaker or lesser gender and all kinds of undesirable descriptions.
You would rather a woman say to you that 'you are a woman' which would come off to you as a compliment than a man would - which would otherwise be regarded as demeaning.
Women! women! women!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Victerica(m): 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
It's insulting and disrespectful, especially with regards to the conversation and the intonation...

It is a way of shading someone surreptitiously...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Mariangeles(f): 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

Thanks for the honest input yet confusing, shocking and dumbfounding all the same.

3. I'm awakening your consciousness to your place as a woman - to be more aware of yourself being a woman.
There's nothing condescending or demeaning of a woman being reminded of who she is.

This whole comment in itself is demeaning and disrespectful.

The same way you should not “remind” me that I’m a woman, is the same way I should not ask you whether you’re a man.

If you say "Are you not a man", you are implying that he acts as though he is not a man. In other words, you're implying that he acts like a woman. Therefore, advertently or inadvertently, you are projecting on him the opposite gender by virtue of his actions/behavior/decisions.

How can you be so sure?
Are you in my mind?

7 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
[quote author=Pakute post=111151007]
I have heard women eulogize themselves saying' I am a woman; strong, powerful and intelligent. I am a woman; a goddess, beautiful, charming, inspiring greatness etc.. But when a man tells you that you are a woman, you then begin to dissect the intent and unravel the purpose of the statement with an already tainted mindset that it was riddled with a form of racism, connoting a weaker or lesser gender and all kinds of undesirable descriptions.
You would rather a woman say to you that 'you are a woman' which would come off to you as a compliment than a man would - which would otherwise be regarded as demeaning.
Women! women! women!

Na u sabi

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Mindlog: 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
Victerica:
It's insulting and disrespectful, especially with regards to the conversation and the intonation...

You are right, it is like a Caucasian or even an Asian telling the OP, "you are black"....of course, OP is likely to get angry despite the FACT he is black.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Victerica(m): 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mindlog:

You are right, it is like a Caucasian or even an Asian telling the OP, "you are black"....of course, OP is likely to get angry despite the FACT he is black.

All these things, na mind games

3 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Victerica(m): 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
Pakute:

Women! women! women!

Are you trying to be politically correct?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Mindlog: 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
Victerica:

Real mind games.

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by cococandy(f): 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
Why do you feel the need to remind her of her gender? What does it add to the conversation?

CumOnHer:

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by pocohantas(f): 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mindlog:

You think he doesn’t know?

Men and their usual mansplaining. Always looking for who to gaslight with offensive questions disguised as logical-curious-questions.

Why doesn’t he remind his mother and female bosses of their gender when putting things to them. Mtcheeew

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by DonroxyII: 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:
Why do women often get angry or irritated whenever you tell them " You are a woman" during the course of discussing with them?

Same Way we guys get angry when a woman Reminded us ,You are a Man.

Two Ways:

When we want to take advantage of each other and the other party doesn't want to be fleeced.

No woman/Man will get Angry when you call them their gender as a form of Eulogy.

Kai, Na woman you be, Confirm, Gbam!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by talk2hb1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

It Means They Will Soon Become Irrelivant undecided
So You Are Reminding Them Of The Reality Of Their Future

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mariangeles:

This whole comment in itself is demeaning and disrespectful.

The same way you should not “remind” me that I’m a woman, is the same way I should not ask you whether you’re a man.

How can you be so sure?
Are you in my mind?
No, it's neither demeaning nor disrespectful, rather it's instructive.
" my reminding you of yourself" is miles apart from "your asking me if I wasn't a man"

Consider these instances;
1. Why are you crying, are you not a man?
2. Why are you scared/ running away, are you not a man?
In the minds of a woman, you believed if I cry,
I tend to exhibit the trait of a woman as women are generally considered the emotional gender. Such that you'd see me as a weak man. Impliedly, it is acceptable for a woman to cry but not a man.
Same as applied in a situation whereby a man is usually expected to stand bold in the face of anything while the softer/tender gender in a similar situation is allowed to scream out loud when an earthworm glides through her feet.

"Are you not a man" is an attempt to veer off the tangent while projecting the opposite gender on the man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
Victerica:

How do we fare better in this world if we are too deliberate over the littlest of things?
Shall we begin to set rules as to when it becomes appropriate to say certain things to the opposite gender, something as fundamental as " You are a woman". When does it come off as eulogy and when does it come off as offensive?

4 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mindlog:

I don't think we are ever angry being referred to as black. We only react to racist chants such as monkey, Neanderthal, etc. We trying to correct the misconception that we evolved from Ape family. Aside that, our skin being black is never an object of ridicule.

6 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
Victerica:

Aswear Bro
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2022
cococandy:
Why do you feel the need to remind her of her gender? What does it add to the conversation?

Does it take anything away from the conversation?..
If I say, Coco, you're beautiful, does it take anything away?. I can tell you'd blush.
If I reminded a student that he is a student, what negative does it connote?
If you reminded a provider (man) that he is the provider in the family, it doesn't demean him either.
We are being reminded of our roles at work despite being aware in the first place.
Reminding a woman who she is should be greeted with appreciation rather than condemnation. We are naturally wired to remind each other.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Victerica(m): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

How do we fare better in this world if we are too deliberate over the littlest of things?
Shall we begin to set rules as to when it becomes appropriate to say certain things to the opposite gender, something as fundamental as " You are a woman". When does it come off as eulogy and when does it come off as offensive?

You yourself, will know...

Don't feign ignorance, when the time comes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:

You think he doesn’t know?

Men and their usual mansplaining. Always looking for who to gaslight with offensive questions disguised as logical-curious-questions.

Why doesn’t he remind his mother and female bosses of their gender when putting things to them. Mtcheeew
I have always said to her "you are my mother" and never for once had she been offended.
As a matter of fact, the men in the house always reminded our female siblings that they are women and must not stay out late. They wouldn't take it as offensive as much as you would.
"You are a woman" is not a question, much less offensive. It is a statement of fact. Who gets gaslighted with facts?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Arsenate(m): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

I have always said to her "you are my mother" and never for once had she been offended.
As a matter of fact, the men in the house always reminded our female siblings that they are women and must not stay out late. They wouldn't take it as offensive as much as you would.
"You are a woman" is not a question, much less offensive. It is a statement of fact. Who gets gaslighted with facts
Someone who doesn't really know what gaslight means, lol. grin

@topic, probably women who hate being women. The masculine ones.

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
DonroxyII:

Two Ways:

When we want to take advantage of each other and the other party doesn't want to be fleeced.

No woman/Man will get Angry when you call them their gender as a form of Eulogy.

Real men don't get angry when you tell them " You are a man".
I won't get irritated when a woman tells me " you're a man, get this done" - it's a reminder of my ability.
But I would be angry if a woman told me " but you called yourself a man, why can't you get this done". Now, this is an insult in every word of it, because she had completely stripped me of my abilities as a man. She had doubted me and written me off.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by pocohantas(f): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
DonroxyII:

Two Ways:

Na people wey get time to dey argue with am.

E better make I mop ocean.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by DonroxyII: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

Real men don't get angry when you tell them " You are a man".
I won't get irritated when a woman tells me " you're a man, get this done" - it's a reminder of my ability.
But I would be angry if a woman told me " but you called yourself a man, why can't you get this done". Now, this is an insult in every word of it, because she had completely stripped me of my abilities as a man. She had doubted me and written me off.
No worry, e get how a woman will tell you "You are a Man, get this thing done" and your head will hot like fresh Bread grin na Presentation Lo matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by hucknall: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2022
Mindlog:

why would I get angry if some one told me I'm black? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oboy See Condoms. Toilet Blockage. / #ENDSARS: What I Met Neighbors Doing To My Daughter When I Returned From Protest / Picture Of Newborn Baby Holding Mum's Failed Coil Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.