Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,398 members, 7,836,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? (4612 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by DonroxyII: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Na people wey get time to dey argue with am.

E better make I mop ocean.
grin, Shark dey there O!

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by pocohantas(f): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
DonroxyII:
grin, Shark dey there O!

E better make shark chop me than to dey argue with man. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by DonroxyII: 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:

E better make shark chop me, than to dey argue with man. grin grin grin
Nope, God no go let Shark Chop You grin. He's only seeing the world from his room until he comot house.
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by hucknall: 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
DonroxyII:
Same Way I get angry when a woman Reminded me, that I'm a Man.

speak for yourself alone. There is nothing offensive about being called a man.

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
Arsenate:

Someone who doesn't really know what gaslight means, lol. grin

@topic, probably women who hate being women. The masculine ones.

If I gaslighted you, I guilty trip you, right?. I stand corrected. If I said " You are a woman" , how does it translate to gaslighting?.. I can only gaslight you if I make you feel you aren't a woman enough. Unless the statement means that I make them feel inferior.
Does saying" You're a woman" makes them feel inferior?.. I don't think so, I don't believe so.
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by NoToPile: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
All these threads sha, we all know what the statement mean but una sha like to dey drag matter.

My mum had one tenant who said he can't sit down and talk with a woman grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by hucknall: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Na people wey get time to dey argue with am.

E better make I mop ocean.
run along now, little girl. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by pocohantas(f): 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
DonroxyII:
Nope, God no go let Shark Chop You grin. He's only seeing the world from his room until he comot house.

Nah, he isn’t seeing any world from his room. He very knows what he is up to. We are not toddlers here. If you no indulge this kind person, e go start to tear clothe because the purpose of the thread is defeated.

NoToPile:
All these threads sha, we all know what the statement mean but una sha like to dey drag matter.

The nerve to even try to make people indulge in an argument over an open and shut case.

Kai grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by hucknall: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
NoToPile:

so? How dat one take consign us?
Abeg, Him don talk him own and na him problem be dat.
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by cococandy(f): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

Does it take anything away from the conversation?..
If I say, Coco, you're beautiful, does it take anything away?. I can tell you'd blush.
If I reminded a student that he is a student, what negative does it connote?
If you reminded a provider (man) that he is the provider in the family, it doesn't demean him either.
We are being reminded of our roles at work despite being aware in the first place.
Reminding a woman who she is should be greeted with appreciation rather than condemnation. We are naturally wired to remind each other.

If you’re telling me I’m beautiful it’s because it’s a compliment and you’re expecting a reaction.
When you feel the need to remind a woman that she’s a woman, what’s the purpose? Is it a compliment?

The purpose of the statement will determine the reaction you get.

If you’re having a conversation about finances and then single a woman in the conversation out to remind her that she’s a woman, what’s the purpose at that moment?
If we are having a conversation about war and you turn to a woman and remind her she’s a woman, what’s the purpose of that reminder in that moment?
If the conversation is about motherhood and you remind a woman that she’s a woman, is it the same as when you choose to remind her she’s a woman in a different scenario?

Do I or anyone else on this thread seem dense to you? wink

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by cococandy(f): 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Nah, he isn’t seeing any world from his room. He very knows what he is up to. We are not toddlers here. If you no indulge this kind person, e go start to tear clothe because the purpose of the thread is defeated.
The nerve to even try to make people indulge in an argument over an open and shut case.

Kai grin grin

Imagine thinking that anyone is thick enough not to see through the nonsense

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by pocohantas(f): 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
cococandy:

Imagine thinking that anyone is thick enough not to see through the nonsense

As in. Logically putting it to us with epistles. Coming up with baseless analogies.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by cococandy(f): 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
For the DENSE people let me break to down for you.
Most women love being women and are proud of being women.

However we know that you guys don’t respect women due to your innate and nurtured misogyny. So when you say “you’re a woman” to a woman out of the blues and unrelated to whatever the conversation is, we know it’s because you think in your twisted mind that it’s a form of insult.

That’s why you think telling a man he acts or thinks like a woman is an insult. That’s why a man “driving like a woman” is unbecoming. That’s why you groom young boys to think the worst thing they can be is effeminate. So they overcompensate in order to prove they are not like lowly women.

When you tell a woman she’s a woman, it’s because you’re thinking in that moment that she’s overreaching her level and needs to “stay in her place”. The place you believe is beneath you.

But let’s all pretend to be idiots here shall we.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2022
DonroxyII:
No worry, e get how a woman will tell you "You are a Man, get this thing done" and your head will hot like fresh Bread grin na Presentation Lo matter.
Please explain better.. Presentation like " You're a man, mop the floor? or " you're a man, buy beef when you coming back from work"..

In my office, sometimes these women want to take an advantage of the fact that, " they are women" as against when the odds do not favor them. Isn't that selective greed?
Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by cococandy(f): 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:

As in. Logically putting it to us with epistles. Coming up with baseless analogies. Make I mop ocean if I respond to such. Smh cheesy
all of a sudden we are supposed to forget that they use the term woman disrespectfully any chance they get. Now no one understands why a woman could give them a side eye for reminding her she’s a woman.
Because if they don’t tell us, we don’t know what we are.

I’ll engage him o. Let’s pretend to be clueless together. Maybe we’ll figure it out

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by pocohantas(f): 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
cococandy:
For the DENSE people let me break to down for you.

But let’s all pretend to be idiots here shall we.

I no envy you. The HEpistle and spermatozoa filled logic that is coming your way now ehn.

May the cosmos be with you. grin

cococandy:
all of a sudden we are supposed to forget that they use the term woman disrespectfully any chance they get. Now no one understands why a woman could give them a side eye for reminding her she’s a woman.
Because if they don’t tell us, we don’t know what we are.

I’ll engage him o. Let’s pretend to be clueless together. Maybe we’ll figure it out

Omo!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2022
NoToPile:

"You are a woman, I can't sit down and talk with a woman". It's not offensive, he is only setting his priorities.
A woman would encounter you in a bus and say " You're a man, I can't sit beside a man".. That's her preference, her priority.

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by DonroxyII: 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
CumOnHer:

Please explain better.. Presentation like " You're a man, mop the floor? or " you're a man, buy beef when you coming back from work"..

In my office, sometimes these women want to take an advantage of the fact that, " they are women" as against when the odds do not favor them. Isn't that selective greed?
I'm working around 5women in my Unit.. I was trained Dude. Chaiii, u no fit understand. ThanGod for my Sabi, the day I got squeezed inside their trap after years of evasion, Hell hath no Fury than women's scorn. Na me dey respect them pass now 3 are subordinates while 2 are Superiors:

Once you Brim with Smiles and Beauty then Respect their Tresholds, You will be Okay, Infact, they will tend to you like your mama would do:

But if you Messed up, claim boss without respect for them and their Womanhood, You will be overmessed and drag in muddyShits grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:
I no envy you. The HEpistle and spermatozoa filled logic that is coming your way now ehn.

Omo!!!!

Until you and Coco finally bring me come this thread! embarassed Hian ooo. The prospect of that violence you mentioned was too alluring. I been ignore the nonsense OP before o. One heck of a sick moniker. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by RightToReject(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
It depends on the people involved and the situation where and how it happened:

It can be a complimentary remark - example, when a highly intuitive woman helps you dissect a person or extrapolate a concept quickly. From your demeanor and the connotation of your pronouncement, a reasonable woman in this regard will automatically understand that it comes from the place of justness and admiration from you, given that reasonable women tend to be highly intuitive.

Of course, it can be used to convey derision, as it's usually the case in most cases, rather than to compliment, just like smirking and smiling/laughing do, respectively - In this regard, the demeanor and connotation of the pronouncement, no matter how hard one might try to gloss their true intention, will definitely show that it was made to deride.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:

E better make shark chop me, than to dey argue with man. grin grin grin
Lol.. Woman, you're funny.. I have seen you argue with men on this site and men actually did give you identity here.

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by cococandy(f): 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Prayers up
pocohantas:

3 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by pocohantas(f): 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Until you and Coco finally bring me come this thread! embarassed Hian ooo. The prospect of that violence you mentioned was too alluring. I been ignore the nonsense title before o.

Me no dey argue with man. E better make I go pick beans. They are too HEmotional to see beyond their noses. I jump and pass. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by cococandy(f): 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
100 percent accurate.

Maybe he’ll listen to another man.

You know we are women
RightToReject:
Of course, it can be used to convey derision, as it's usually the case in most cases, rather than to compliment, just like smirking and smiling/laughing do, respectively - In this regard, the demeanor and connotation of the pronouncement, no matter how hard one might try to gloss their true intention, will definitely show that it was made to deride.

6 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
pocohantas:
Me no dey argue with man. E better make I go pick beans. They are too HEmotional to see beyond their noses. I jump and pass. smiley

I can't even anymore on this thread. I struggled to get past a few comments. His whole demeanour is oozing... nah.

Love and atupa to the ladies engaging. Uhn uhn. Not me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by eyinjuege: 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2022
It sounds patronising.
Majority of people do not like to be patronised .
My reply to such depends on my mood e.g
"really, I could've sworn I was hermaphrodite " or
" Einstein, you've just discovered what the world didn't know" or
"And so?" or
Just ignore because I don't have energy to talk.
But if it's your own way of making petty talk, I still don't have energy. No vex

5 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by pocohantas(f): 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

I can't even anymore on this thread. I struggled to get past a few comments. His whole demeanour is oozing... nah.

My head was turning while trying to read through that. Gave up! Naija lawyers no do reach like this o. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
"You are a woman" ehn ehn before nko? I be goat?

But heaven will help you sha if one day you need my input on a matter. Nah then you go explain your " you are a woman" sentence.

No stress at all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by WoundedLamb: 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
Context and intentions get them upset, not the fact that they are women. In other words, they don't have issues with being women. Rather, they have issues with the idea that a woman isn't supposed to say/do whatever it is they said/did that made you make the statement. You'd naturally drag me to the grave if I say to you, "you're supposed to pay your girlfriend's school fees. You're a man." It's not because you're not a man but because you don't think being a man makes it your duty to pay a girl's school fees. I thought this was obvious though.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
cococandy:

If you’re telling me I’m beautiful it’s because it’s a compliment and you’re expecting a reaction.
When you feel the need to remind a woman that she’s a woman, what’s the purpose? Is it a compliment?

The purpose of the statement will determine the reaction you get.

If you’re having a conversation about finances and then single a woman in the conversation out to remind her that she’s a woman, what’s the purpose at that moment?
If we are having a conversation about war and you turn to a woman and remind her she’s a woman, what’s the purpose of that reminder in that moment?
If the conversation is about motherhood and you remind a woman that she’s a woman, is it the same as when you choose to remind her she’s a woman in a different scenario?

Do I or anyone else on this thread seem dense to you? wink
Ok, I'm trying my hardest to get women's logic here.
To an average Woman, "You're a woman" have different meanings in different levels of conversation. (Whereas "You're a man" means the same for all conversation).
I suppose the true nature of a woman varies with changing circumstances. A man would always remain true to himself in both times of war, peace and finances. I talk for every man because we have proven to be better logical in every situations.
Why must it varies among the women?. Your being a woman in times of war is different from your being a woman in finances. You are being a weaker vessel in war times but the best finance manager when it comes to money management. Which was why I earlier asked if we needed any set rules to know when to appropriately situate the female gender.. Men would probably be needing some rules in the nearest future on when to tell a gender " You are a woman"

5 Likes

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by CumOnHer: 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
hucknall:
speak for yourself alone. There is nothing offensive about being called a man.
I love this.

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Statement Gets Women Angry? by cococandy(f): 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
Okay bro
CumOnHer:

Ok, I'm trying my hardest to get women's logic here.
To an average Woman, "You're a woman" have different meanings in different levels of conversation. (Whereas "You're a man" means the same for all conversation).
I suppose the true nature of a woman varies with changing circumstances. A man would always remain true to himself in both times of war, peace and finances. I talk for every man because we have proven to be better logical in every situations.
Why must it varies among the women?. Your being a woman in times of war is different from your being a woman in finances. You are being a weaker vessel in war times but the best finance manager when it comes to money management. Which was why I earlier asked if we needed any set rules to know when to appropriately situate the female gender.. Men would probably be needing some rules in the nearest future on when to tell a gender " You are a woman"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? / List Of Modern English Baby Names With Their Meaning / Why I Slept With My 11-year-old Daughter — Confession Of A Father(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.