Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law (21185 Views)

Jonathan Defends Buhari, Backs Removal Of Section 84 Of Electoral Act / Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) / Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by reyscrub(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
Them do themselves
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Fourwinds: 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
Moferere:

If you don't have any meaningful contributions to make, wouldn't you rather keep quiet?

Malani is a very useless man just like the stupid president called Buhari...it favours the useless idiots that is why he quickly accept to delete it with out challenging it in court

2 Likes

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Nuheights(m): 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
Moferere:

If you don't have any meaningful contributions to make, wouldn't you rather keep quiet?
He said Malani is useless. Is that not a meaningful contribution!

7 Likes

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by shinealight(m): 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
fergie001:

SOURCE

PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/7035755/federal-high-court-allows-sitting

Somebody will definitely Appeal this Judgement. If things can be done like this, then what do you have a Parliament for? They might as well go home and allow Malami to dictate which Laws should be accepted as Law of the land and which shouldn’t. They’re turning the Place into a banana Republic….all for selfish reasons!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Simplythebest: 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
Why not wait till the Supreme Court decides it why the rush and is it now the duty of the curt to effect changes in law that is being make by the law makers and signed by the president? We are really in for this change

1 Like

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
triple996:
9ice
BTW biafra women are slapping themselves any how.
Say no to cannibalism and kpurumiri cheesy
See what not using a condom has caused.

3 Likes

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Gentlerespect76: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Justice bought, is Justice denied.
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by bola4dprec(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
praiseoski:
How can the judiciary interfere in the business of the legislature.. Nigeria has really gone to the dogs
any law that is not in conformity with the Constitution court has power to alter it

1 Like

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Cajal(m): 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
Vahupatem:
Twg
What about APC OR PDP BANK ACCOUNTS?
KINDLY ASSIST
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Jonegonu: 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
Coregists:
So quick to effect the changes because it favours them, this minister of Justice is not just it at all. It's like he is working against anything good
it favors all all political office holders.
Eg. wike the river governor the pdp ranting man will not vote in pdp convention or amaechi the super minister of transportation will not vote in apc convention, cos the are political office holder and you tell me that you practising democracy.
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Daboomb: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
Coregists:
So quick to effect the changes because it favours them, this minister of Justice is not just it at all. It's like he is working against anything good

Malami sponsored the Lawyer that took the case to Court
Malami ensured it was brought before an Owerri Judge (we all know what those sort of Judges can do,for money)
So, no one should be surprised that Malami will give effect to this Judgement even before hi has his morning birth. grin grin

I have been wondering why Nigeria, since after the Cicero Bola Ige that was killed in office, has been blessed with Criminals, as AGF.
Its like each govt ensures it employs a Criminal as the countries AGF?
angry angry
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by KaideeGee(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
‘Take from among you an offering to the Lord. Whoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it as an offering to the Lord: gold, silver, and bronze;
Exodus 35:5 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/exo.35.5.NKJV

Let's Pray,
Heavenly Father, thank You for another day and opportunity to learn from You. Please once again teach us in ways we understand. Enlighten us into Your truth. Cleanse us and let Your will be done.
We pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Followers of God,
Whenever God makes a request of You, it isn't from some unknown and she faraway place, He asks from among You. God only asks for things He has given You, the Bible is replete with examples, Abraham and Isaac, The Shunamite woman, The Samaritan woman, the children of Israel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, lots and loads.
If God makes a request You can be rest assured that You are more than capable of achieving it. The issue is that many people fail to realize their potential, some even go as far as to ignore them, see the case of Jonah. God never does anything coincidentally.
Peace.
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Almaigaa: 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2022
WATCHOVER:
Malami na very useless person sha, I don't know ooo,

Cry me a River grin grin

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by crackhouse(m): 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2022
This is the type of court judgement they will obey quickly
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Edugist4u: 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ask the idiot. Some people here will be posting unreasonably like they are still in primary/secondary school. Don't quote them some of them don't even understand life.
Rollsnjaguar:

Is that why Nigeria is stagnant? undecided

1 Like

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by liasmiram2567: 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
Proflere:
So, I entered FIRS the other day see three pictures on the wall: Mr President, Finance minister and the Firs Chairman.. Na there I know say " we are done for".

Don't start that rubbish here cos Tribalism kills.
During Obasanjo and Jonathan's regimes na the same- all south .
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nigeria's chance for a fair election just Went to the dogs, ekuke own infact.
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by bokoboys: 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2022
Malami wants to be governor to enjoy immunity that all the atrocities he committed against Nigerians he won't go the the way of order former attorneys.
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by tempest01(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
It is left to the lawyers to dissect this. I don't know if it is a legal step but the law has clear delineation of powers. If the executive can be ordered to "delete" the law from the constitution by a pronouncement, then I don't see how this will go well in the future.

If our current law says it can be done. Then it is welcome. But I doubt heavily that the executive have the powers to "delete" laws. I will wait for legal opinions and supporting laws.
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Christistruth00: 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
cool

nigeria doesn't have a judiciary

The decent one that the British left us went to the dogs long ago

What nigeria now has is a Legal Circus with Judges directing the Show
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by rippa(m): 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
Laggafin:
Lol.. but e go choke malami.. he has just nailed his governorship ambition and will never be Govnor.. this Karma dat is coming has short fuse and lacks patience
How? It favours him and Amechi well
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by SimplePlan34: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ameachi Ameachi Ameachi incoming
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by triple996(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
Blablamalala:

grin
Oga u made me laugh so te I de roll 4 floor grin
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by pquaver(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
Brendaniel:
Is this possible? I don't think so, how would lawmakers make a law and then a court now amends the law and the attorney general now says he has implemented it, so what is now the use of the lawmakers in the first place...

Secondly: this case was just filed a few days ago, how did they get speedy judgement on it, yet the tax case btw states and FG dragged for a long time, Nigeria has never had it this bad in law, what Malami just did does not hold waters, the supreme court will throw it out(except the supreme court is compromised)...

Malami has turned to a lawmaker...

Oga small sense for this thing no for bad.. There are 3 arms of government..
1 Legislators - makes the law
2 Judiciary - interpreters of the law
3 executive - executes the law...
Small social studies bro, this 1 no need university degree to understand na.
The legislative has made a law which has been interpreted by the judiciary to have infringed on the constitution with a recommendation to excuteive to delete, which has been carried out.. Again abeg how e take confuse u abeg.. Or u just want to wail. The law is law of d politicians by d politicians for d politicians.. Abeg u dey contest...

3 Likes

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by fergie001: 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
Jonegonu:
it favors all all political office holders.
Eg. wike the river governor the pdp ranting man will not vote in pdp convention or amaechi the super minister of transportation will not vote in apc convention, cos the are political office holder and you tell me that you practising democracy.
Forget all the gra gra, majority of the Govs are with him.

It is a straight tussle between Govs and legislators....Let no-one think they are doing it for our interests.
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Nauttyprof(m): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2022
It really sad that APC as a party has openly shown that they are not doing things in the interest of the country but for every selfish reason or gains. It is really sad that people would sell their conscience and blindly support this party when it is glaring that all they are after is enriching themselves and inflicting so much hardship on Nigerians.

This man is quick to effect things like this but when it comes to his brothers in the North and the criminal activities there against the same constitution, he is slow to act.

Why was I even born in Nigeria? It is shameful to even say that I am a Nigerian. There is nothing to be proud of in one's country. It is really sad.
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by gaspology(m): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2022
Fool, you are quick to implement this because it favours you. Hypocrite Malami!
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by BigBizzy(m): 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
This one wey favour them, them don rush effect am.

Nigeria can never change...mark my words
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Laggafin: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
rippa:

How? It favours him and Amechi well
Comrade calm down and watch the movie wen go play soon
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Andyg: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Brendaniel:
Is this possible? I don't think so, how would lawmakers make a law and then a court now amends the law and the attorney general now says he has implemented it, so what is now the use of the lawmakers in the first place...

Secondly: this case was just filed a few days ago, how did they get speedy judgement on it, yet the tax case btw states and FG dragged for a long time, Nigeria has never had it this bad in law, what Malami just did does not hold waters, the supreme court will throw it out(except the supreme court is compromised)...

Malami has turned to a lawmaker...
D lawmakers makes law while d judiciary interpreate it. Why did d lawmakers approaches court 4 lnterpretiation of law?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Babangida, Danjuma Among 20 Nigerian Employees Richer Than Nigeria In 1999-SERAP / 2019: 10 Reasons Why Many Senators, Reps Won’t Return / Nnamdi Kanu's Codefendants Appear In Court In Abuja(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.