Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law (21189 Views)

Jonathan Defends Buhari, Backs Removal Of Section 84 Of Electoral Act / Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) / Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by MNDY(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2022
pquaver:

Oga small sense for this thing no for bad.. There are 3 arms of government..
1 Legislators - makes the law
2 Judiciary - interpreters of the law
3 executive - executes the law...
Small social studies bro, this 1 no need university degree to understand na.
The legislative has made a law which has been interpreted by the judiciary to have infringed on the constitution with a recommendation to excuteive to delete, which has been carried out.. Again abeg how e take confuse u abeg.. Or u just want to wail. The law is law of d politicians by d politicians for d politicians.. Abeg u dey contest...

INTERPRET does not mean MAKE law. The legislature already don MAKE (made) it law by rejecting Buhari's request for deletion. If Malami and his Judiciary decides to wrongly INTERPRETE wetin Legislature don MAKE, dat one concern Malami. He has no powers to MAKE laws by way of keeping or deleting laws. Na to INTERPRETE his power stop. Thank you.

For instance, INTERPRETATION: Section 315(3) gives powers to a High Court to invalidate any existing law not consistent with the provisions of the constitution i.e. the Electoral Act. But I think the Legislature still has the final say notwithstanding because it MAKES the law. The courts can decide to give victory to any government appointee who contests it in court in accordance with the constitution. But since (if) the lawmakers have made RESIGN FIRST EARLIER THAN 30DAYS BEFORE ELECTION TO PARTICIPATE IN ANYTHING the law, it has become the law. I am sure there is constitutional law against marriage to minors but northerners violate it. That is why we have courts. Anybody wey vex say pesin violate law, go court.

WAY FORWARD:
I expect the lawmakers to start the process of expunging the 30Days in the constitution in line with the new law and in line with their rejection of Buhari's request and to fight Malami. They said they are waiting for a copy of the said court's verdict and claiming non-involvement in what Malami is out there doing by himself with courts in the first place sef. Nor be two parties dey go court again?

Rights of government appointees my foot!

I saw what you did on the word "Executeive" there.
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by ITbomb(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2022
The Executive or judiciary do not have the powers to delete any law made by legislation.

If any part of an Act invalidate the constitution, the entire Act is set aside and resent to the legislature for amendment
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by caracas: 10:30am On Mar 19, 2022
Brendaniel:
Is this possible? how would lawmakers make a law, Malami now takes it to a court for amendment and now says he has implemented it, so what is now the use of the lawmakers in the first place...

Malami has turned to a lawmaker...
Oga that’s the beauty of democracy….checks n balances
The NA can’t just wake up n make stupid laws that even contravenes the constitution…..
The judiciary just checkmated the NA
Beauty of democracy
Re: Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law by Proflere: 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
liasmiram2567:

Don't start that rubbish here cos Tribalism kills.
During Obasanjo and Jonathan's regimes na the same- all south .
Ho, I actually never intended to do that. I am just saying where is the Federal character in this. If that is how it was under OBJ and Jonathan, then we have a long way to go as a nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Tinubu And The APC Governors' Visit To GEJ Is Raising Concerns / Reno Omokri Reacts To Efcc's Arrest Of Innoson Motors Boss, Innocent Chukwuma / Presidency Launches Television And Radio Programme To Promote Buhari’s Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.