Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings (33928 Views)

Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) / During The Fighting In The Rubizhne Area, 7 US Mercenaires Were Eliminated / Biden Orders Air Strikes On Iranian Backed Militias In Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by jumper524(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

Putin organized a rally yesterday and I didn’t see that ??
it was on frontpage.
both in and out of the world cup stadium was filled.
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by gamechanger547: 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
Update ( Who is calling who )

Military commanders from NATO countries are working on the phones with their Russian counterparts to make sure the U.S. and its allies don’t get dragged into a war.

They're working to prevent escalation.

(Russia No Be Beans To Go and Fight Militarily.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by gamechanger547: 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
Latest Update right now.

Russian forces have pushed deeper into Ukraine’s besieged and battered port city of Mariupol where heavy fighting shut down a major steel plant and local authorities pleaded for more help.
The fall of Mariupol, the scene of some of the war’s worst suffering, would mark a crucial battlefield advance for the Russians, who are largely bogged down outside key cities more than three weeks into the biggest land invasion in Europe since World War II.
“Children, elderly people are dying. The city is destroyed and it is wiped off the face of the earth,” Mariupol police officer Michail Vershnin said on Saturday from a rubble-strewn street in a video addressed to Western leaders.
Russian forces have already cut the city off from the Sea of Azov, and its fall would link Crimea, which Russia annexed in 2014, to territories controlled by Moscow-backed separatists in the east.
“[There is] street fighting in the city centre,” Vadym Boychenko, the mayor of Mariupol, was quoted as saying by the BBC.
“There are tanks… and artillery shelling, and all kinds of weapons fired in the area. Our forces are doing everything they can to hold their positions in the city but the forces of the enemy are larger than ours, unfortunately.
“There isn’t a small piece of land in the city that doesn’t have signs of war,” he said.
Ukrainian and Russian forces battled over the Azovstal steel plant, Vadym Denysenko, adviser to Ukraine’s interior minister, said on Saturday.
“One of the largest metallurgical plants in Europe is actually being destroyed,” Denysenko said in televised remarks.
Oleksiy Arestovych, an adviser to Ukraine’s president, said the nearest forces that could assist Mariupol’s defenders were already struggling against “the overwhelming force of the enemy” or at least 100km (60 miles) away.
“There is currently no military solution to Mariupol,” he said late on Friday. “That is not only my opinion, that is the opinion of the military.”
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by VladimirPutiin(m): 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
jumper524:
it was on frontpage.
both in and out of the world cup stadium was filled.

I wasn’t online then. Pls send me the thread

1 Like

Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by jumper524(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by VladimirPutiin(m): 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by Floki737: 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Oddfinder:

Badt guy wink

cool cool wink
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by Floki737: 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
jumper524:
Instagram.

ok, bro thanks.
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by Vicotex2: 4:14am On Mar 20, 2022
TenQ:

You don't get the point.
I dont care one hoot about USA and their meddling in international politics. I care only about Ukraine in this case.
Russia should face its enemy the USA and stop using the small Ukraine as their scapegoat like a bully.

The fact that I don't like USA meddling in affairs of every country does not mean a "neutral" Ukraine should be mistreated! One day, it could be your turn.
a neutral Ukraine is what Russia wants but the west especially the US /UK they keep manipulating and giving the young president false hope, sending him on suicide mission I hope he learns from this, that's if he lives to tell the tale
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by TenQ: 6:22am On Mar 20, 2022
Vicotex2:
a neutral Ukraine is what Russia wants but the west especially the US /UK they keep manipulating and giving the young president false hope, sending him on suicide mission I hope he learns from this, that's if he lives to tell the tale
By now, it is glaring that Russia wants much more. The war should have ended four days ago when Negotiations from Ukraine says they were going to consider neutrality (the issue was the exact kind of neutrality suitable for the integrity and security of Ukraine).
But
Russia wants Cremia
Russia also want the Donbas regions
Russia want a de-Nazification (of which they only know who the neo-Nazis are)

If truely Russia simply want a neutral Ukraine, the aggression should have stopped. Russia is a bully!
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by texazzpete(m): 6:24am On Mar 20, 2022
Invitationn:

To put this in context, you're essentially saying the Ukrainian army abandoned 56,000 people?
Those days, you'd be on the stretcher by now, just for the way you think.

Yes. I’m saying they pulled out of a town of 56000 people. You think the civilians there will be eaten alive by the DNR folks? Civilians that are largely Russian speaking? A town that the DNR has long claimed was part of their separatist enclave?
Is everything alright with you ?
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by texazzpete(m): 6:28am On Mar 20, 2022
shogsman:

I like how bodly you people who don't know shit come here to talk.
Ukraine has over 300millitary aircraft and have a defense budget ten times more than your country, their millitary capabilities is like a dozens times higher than your country too.
Next time to avoid any insults don't say things you don't know

You said they’d gotten billions of dollars in funding from Europe and America before the war and are showing defense budget as your proof. Is everything ok with you? How are those related?
To put things into perspective, Trump’s Ukraine package was $200 million!

You also claimed they had hundreds of first gen aircraft. Meanwhile, most of their fighters are Soviet era MiG-29s! How is that nearly 40 year old platform ‘first gen’?

Let’s not even talk about how most of their tanks are also Soviet era T-72s.
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by Vicotex2: 7:10am On Mar 20, 2022
TenQ:

By now, it is glaring that Russia wants much more. The war should have ended four days ago when Negotiations from Ukraine says they were going to consider neutrality (the issue was the exact kind of neutrality suitable for the integrity and security of Ukraine).
But
Russia wants Cremia
Russia also want the Donbas regions
Russia want a de-Nazification (of which they only know who the neo-Nazis are)

If truely Russia simply want a neutral Ukraine, the aggression should have stopped. Russia is a bully!
One thing about Russia is that they're stubborn.
Before the war escaletd, all they wanted was neutral Ukraine, but zelensky made a mistake, he should have just remained neutral and go for EU integration instead he proceeds to romance with US, on the 24th Russia made another difficult demand for zelensky to recognise Donbass as a seperate nation, but he refuses, 3 days later Putin made it more harder by including crimea recognition.

Well, it's international politics, don't get it mixed with your emotions.
Never depend on others to watch your back, that's what the novice politician zelensky didn't know.
I no know whether his inner circle no dey give am advice

1 Like

Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by TenQ: 10:57am On Mar 20, 2022
Vicotex2:

One thing about Russia is that they're stubborn.
Before the war escaletd, all they wanted was neutral Ukraine, but zelensky made a mistake, he should have just remained neutral and go for EU integration instead he proceeds to romance with US, on the 24th Russia made another difficult demand for zelensky to recognise Donbass as a seperate nation, but he refuses, 3 days later Putin made it more harder by including crimea recognition.

Well, it's international politics, don't get it mixed with your emotions.
Never depend on others to watch your back, that's what the novice politician zelensky didn't know.
I no know whether his inner circle no dey give am advice
I don't blame Ukraine one bit even though they are just pawns between both Russia and NATO!

If only Russia had played the part of a big brother to Ukraine all these would have not happened. Russia's foreign policy towards Ukraine drove them into the waiting arms of NATO.

Economically, Russia will loose big time for a long time. Unfortunately, this conflict has unfortunately planted the seed for WW3. The Arabs, China, Russia, Iran and North Korea on one side with NATO countries, Japan, Israel, South Korea and Taiwan on the other side. India will do everything to keep out of the conflict!
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by shogsman(m): 11:59am On Mar 20, 2022
texazzpete:

You said they’d gotten billions of dollars in funding from Europe and America before the war and are showing defense budget as your proof. Is everything ok with you? How are those related?
To put things into perspective, Trump’s Ukraine package was $200 million!

You also claimed they had hundreds of first gen aircraft. Meanwhile, most of their fighters are Soviet era MiG-29s! How is that nearly 40 year old platform ‘first gen’?

Let’s not even talk about how most of their tanks are also Soviet era T-72s.
You really don't know anything do you, it is so fucking obviously,you do know the mig has higher capabilities and superior than the USA f16 jets still in use today and guess what USA has over 800 f16 still in operation.
The fact that you don't know they still manufacture migs with different upgrades till today just about sums up how little u know ,by your own analogy the USA's air inventory is incapable because it was designed decades ago.
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by Invitationn: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
texazzpete:

Yes. I’m saying they pulled out of a town of 56000 people. You think the civilians there will be eaten alive by the DNR folks? Civilians that are largely Russian speaking? A town that the DNR has long claimed was part of their separatist enclave?
Is everything alright with you ?
Listen to yourself!
Just spill already; they ran! grin
All these majority 'Russian speaking' excuses don't carry any water.
The Ukrainians still believe and claim the territories are theirs, they won't just 'pull out'. They ran like cowards!
If they did pulled out like you claimed, it exposes a mind boggling truth about the quest for freedom by the separatists; the UAF don't a bleep about them!
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by Invitationn: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
TenQ:

I don't blame Ukraine one bit even though they are just pawns between both Russia and NATO!

If only Russia had played the part of a big brother to Ukraine all these would have not happened. Russia's foreign policy towards Ukraine drove them into the waiting arms of NATO.

Economically, Russia will loose big time for a long time. Unfortunately, this conflict has unfortunately planted the seed for WW3. The Arabs, China, Russia, Iran and North Korea on one side with NATO countries, Japan, Israel, South Korea and Taiwan on the other side. India will do everything to keep out of the conflict!
What do you mean by 'The Arabs'?
Mention the Arab nations behind Russia.
Let's see. undecided
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by Starkid3010(m): 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2022
Masterito:
Nobody is reported to be winning. If you follow history well, you will know that this is just the beginning. Americans took over Afghanistan for 20 years and still surrender it.
yes sure America will take over Russia in less than 20 years also, it's possible
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by TenQ: 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
Invitationn:

What do you mean by 'The Arabs'?
Mention the Arab nations behind Russia.
Let's see. undecided
None for now!
However
1. The hatred for USA will be a great catalyst. The enemy of my enemy is my friend!
2. Opportunity to band together against Israel in spite of the peace treaty with most of Israel's neighbors. Iran just has to lead the pack.

Do you think the Al-Mahdi will come without the decimation of Israel?
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by Invitationn: 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2022
TenQ:

None for now!
However
1. The hatred for USA will be a great catalyst. The enemy of my enemy is my friend!
2. Opportunity to band together against Israel in spite of the peace treaty with most of Israel's neighbors. Iran just has to lead the pack.

Let's be objective. I'm impressed with your 'None for now'.
Who are the enemies of the US in the Arab world?
Definitely not the Saudis, not UAE, not Egypt, not Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, not Kuwait not Qatar. Not even Iraq(They have a puppet there). Not Yemen not Oman or Bahrain.
Countries mentioned above are already around 80% of the Arab nations you talk about that'll potentially side with the Russians.

You're probably referring to Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran. None of them are Arabs.
I stand to be corrected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by texazzpete(m): 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2022
shogsman:

You really don't know anything do you, it is so fucking obviously,you do know the mig has higher capabilities and superior than the USA f16 jets still in use today and guess what USA has over 800 f16 still in operation.
The fact that you don't know they still manufacture migs with different upgrades till today just about sums up how little u know ,by your own analogy the USA's air inventory is incapable because it was designed decades ago.

Bros, the Mig-29s in use by Ukraine are old Soviet era frames, and won’t have the improved avionics of the more modern upgraded versions. Same as the ones the Poles own (Mig 29 A/B)

Against Russian Su 27/30/35 planes, they’re at a disadvantage. Same way they’ll struggle against modern upgrades of the F16.

Don’t argue blindly
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by TenQ: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
Invitationn:

Let's be objective. I'm impressed with your 'None for now'.
Who are the enemies of the US in the Arab world?
Definitely not the Saudis, not UAE, not Egypt, not Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, not Kuwait not Qatar. Not even Iraq(They have a puppet there). Not Yemen not Oman or Bahrain.
Countries mentioned above are already around 80% of the Arab nations you talk about that'll potentially side with the Russians.

You're probably referring to Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran. None of them are Arabs.
I stand to be corrected.
I agree with you except that immediate benefits from the USA is currently keeping the Arabs at bay. The key to their Final position was in my last statement

Most Muslims are looking towards the unveiling of the Al Mahdi who will take over the world and establish and enforce Islam. As far as Arabs are concerned, USA represent the religion of the CROSS who support Israel against Muslims: which of course will be broken at this time.
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by 007Marvel(m): 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2022
ken6488:

Why is it hard to accept reality

Gettat e, ur kind dey blinded to the truth
Re: Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings by heronb: 3:04am On Apr 11, 2022
"It's not just a law enforcement issue, we're starting to see it as a real national security threat," Taylor said. Does that mean the website supports it? The ABC Chinese website has taken sides not once or twice. A group of leftists are running a sexual assault group for the purpose of sucking the blood of children. There are no interview reports or positive responses. There is only a disgusting and boring tone. This is independent Australia. broadcaster.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LMAO See The Honourable Minister For Water And Irrigation In South Sudan (photos / Civil Unrest In Sudan As Army And Paramilitary Clash / Uganda Bans Female Public Servants From Showing Cleavage In The Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.