Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) (46694 Views)

What Do You Call It In Your Dialect? ( See Photo ) / What Is This Called In Your Language? / What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Bahamas95(m): 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
DryMouth:
This rubbish.

Very bitter fruit rubbish.

I can't classify this thing as fruit
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Generalwoodz(m): 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
Udayansh
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
pocohantas:
I stopped taking udara years ago.

Feels like gambling. I can’t use my money to buy something that would spoil my mood.

Nobody should come tell me about nwanu, I no wan vex this hot Saturday abeg.
Biko no vex. You no wan suck agbalumo come suck maggot join? cheesy E hard truly to know the sweet ones from those sour rotten ones with worm inside. It is sticky and e dey spoil cloth.
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by hardeiluxie: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
shocked
Africa star apple??

Please don't tell me I'm the only sapiens who calls it 'cherry mango'?

Btw, why didn't I for once think about how odd the name is? I mean what has mango got to do with it? �
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by InoGetJoy: 3:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
izzy4shizzy:

Lol, carica auntya
Hahahahhaha.....u no well o
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Bmaster(m): 3:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
pocohantas:

That thing dey vex me ehn. I don’t even want to be seeing it again. cheesy
u know what the elders mean when they say "a child eats toad and rejects meat'.

So now,u are in a better position to explain to yourself ur ordeal with udara that makes you hate such a sweet fruit with passion,
Unless otherwise you were chasing clout
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by alenwup(m): 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
Ombi in my native language
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by BigYash: 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
officialfestus:
Otien
Na only ur own I see

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by OlawaleBammie: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
laughitall:
na sweet things go kill am ..
na lie joo

Wetin concern penis with sweet tins??

I chop sweet tins pass anything, a no even dey use jedi sef and i stil dey normal grin
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Omoluabi16(m): 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Like you have been doing, ba? cheesy
looool. tongue Nooo! This was way back oh. Primary school. I don't even eat it again.
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by 360command: 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
Prunus africana (agbalumo, udara) .. very good fruit.. the back of the tree can be used In curing prostate cancer..
We Africans are life in itself but we do not know the value of this beautiful herbal fruit.
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by ElValiente(m): 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbalumo.
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by farouk2much(m): 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nmezor:
Udala
you're from makurdi
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by NoGirlfriend: 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
udara
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by NairaMaster1(m): 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
Ububi
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by officialfestus(m): 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
BigYash:
Na only ur own I see
thank you.
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by lilvicky68(m): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
Ubudabaraba.. here in the jungle
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Elanqy: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Udara

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by tonididdy(m): 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Otien in Edo

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Emperordynasty: 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mariangeles:
What do you call these in your language?
Let's learn something about our various languages guys.

Otien
Esan oyeee

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by 1Sharon(f): 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
What's the hype with this fruit?
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Worldlegend(m): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
Eya - igala
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Pacyrus(m): 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
Odara in Ika dialect.
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Cuppycakes(f): 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
Udara

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbalumo ni Ede Yoruba
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by 2braithe: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
oz4real83:
this is the racism that goes with white. Even though this fruit is found in Africa, they gave it their English version of name instead of looking for one local African language name to give to it. If this fruit was in Italy, France, Spain or any other European country, they would have called it in the languages of those European countries just like Spaghetti, macaroni, mayonnaise and many others.

When there are different local names for it: Igbos,itsekiris,urhobos,nupes e.t.c all have different names they call it.
To stop confusion and make things easy for them,they gave it their own name.

Also, nothing stops you from giving the White peoples' stuff your own local name too.

And this doesn't relate to racism please.The whites are already taunting us for always playing victims and throwing the R-word anyhow.
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by shantti(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
Sureblack47:
Utiegadava

Which kind language be this. E be like say aliens colonized u people in the past and influenced ur language, hence, the strangeness of the language
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by shantti(m): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
HazardAwka:
Udara originated from Biafra Land. Any other name is copied and fake wink

Na so
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by 2braithe: 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
Looks like what our people can use to package drugs and peddle to Obodo Oyinbo.
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by shantti(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Tonyreal49:
Olome ukuwani

No be orange we dey talk about, na udara
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by dammyco(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Agbalumo
Re: What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) by shantti(m): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
ajl:

Because we allow them to mess with us. Until we get our acts together and do away with their system.

I think strawberry, icecream and hot dog should have an Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba equivalent name. Let's stop using their English names.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Wins Pounded Yam Eating Competition In Ekiti (Photos, Video) / Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today / Photo Of Big Fish Caught In Warri River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.