Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,469 members, 7,836,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal (31624 Views)

Aso Rock Cabal In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Successor / Aso Rock Cabal Asks Buhari To Place Tinubu On Security Watch List Before 2023 / APC, PDP Senators, Reps Draw Battle Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by Ttalk: 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
I think the principle of expediency captures it all. It's what we called political expediency as far as APC is concerned, it is not about what is convenient to say, but what is right and what is just.

It is convenient for Igbo to demand for presidency from APC to be zoned to SE, but is it the right thing base on the principle of Justice and fairness as far as APC as party is concerned.?
CPC and ACN group are major staholder who formed APC, CPC faction about to complete it's it's tenure and the law of natural Justice demand that ACN group would produce the next one.

Igbo as a region and group within APC comes far below the first two.

Now the reality on ground suggests that the IGbo would vote PDP ahead of APC, past records have shown that and there's no assurance that even voting turnout would be appreciable judging from the recent governorship election in Anambra State.

The reality Igbo find themselves now doesn't place them in APC giving them the ticket just like PDP too will likely not.

Now way forward is for Igbo to start demanding the presidency from PDP they have better chance of getting it's ticket.

Secondly, Igbo should focus on how to get additional 1 state at least to make them competitive in political exercise. The best region they could influence to attain that is SW. Why not bargain for this now from APC candidate and vote them if eventually PDP didn't give Igbo. With that they would have increased their chances of competing in future primary in any party

Igbo still have opportunity of reviving APGA to form a formidable party in future election and had it been such arrangement is present in this build up to 2023, Igbo would have greater chance of clinching the ticket by forming alliance with the PDP.

Those are the possible steps Igbo can take to secure the presidency in the near future

DMerciful:
You don't need what's inside a book to know the honest thing to do. If you say rotation is not constitutional both in APC constitution and Nigeria constitution then it means the NW has every right to contest as well so there shouldn't be any mention of presidency zoned to the South but open for all.

And if we tow this path, see how long it would take before the division gets to breaking point

1 Like

Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by poiZon: 10:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ttalk:

Saraki tenure was filled with many failures such as late budget passage and clear failure of the Senate to limit its cost. The Senate also failed to initiate badly needed policy framework and legislations to help an ineffective executive arm confront insecurity, unemployment, healthcare and education crises.

It was during his tenure that different types of PIB was smuggled into National Assembly, knowing fully well that the passage of the Bill would have solved some of the problems we are faced with today from the sector.
Ever since they started passing appropriation bill earlier than expected, what has changed?
Through out saraki era, budget passage always meet dateline...

Buhari is the only president in Nigeria history that hasn't sign more than 80percent of bills passed by the legislature into law. So many bills passed into law is gathering dust on his desk.
Bro like i said u r being sentimental period.
Saraki leadership was d best in the history of Nigeria. He balanced legislation n did proper checkmating of the executive.
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by Ttalk: 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
poiZon:

Ever since they started passing appropriation bill earlier than expected, what has changed?
Through out saraki era, budget passage always meet dateline...

Buhari is the only president in Nigeria history that hasn't sign more than 80percent of bills passed by the legislature into law. So many bills passed into law is gathering dust on his desk.
Bro like i said u r being sentimental period.
Saraki leadership was d best in the history of Nigeria. He balanced legislation n did proper checkmating of the executive.

Cross-check your record and come back.

I didn't just know Saraki, we both worked in the same Institution and I have handful records of his recklessness which is not meant for this platform
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by poiZon: 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ttalk:

Cross-check your record and come back.

I didn't just know Saraki, we both worked in the same Institution and I have handful records of his recklessness which is not meant for this platform
Recklessness or not, he was tne of the change mantra agent, he crossed from pdp and form a merger with acn and cpc, why didnt u guys reject him then?

Before 2020,every budget cycle started May every year before they now move it to january.

Budget was passed beforr the expiration of the previous budget.

Show me between 2015 n 2019 when budget was passed after democracy day...

Am waiting
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by Ttalk: 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
poiZon:

Recklessness or not, he was tne of the change mantra agent, he crossed from pdp and form a merger with acn and cpc, why didnt u guys reject him then?

Before 2020,every budget cycle started May every year before they now move it to january.

Budget was passed beforr the expiration of the previous budget.

Show me between 2015 n 2019 when budget was passed after democracy day...

Am waiting

Was it Saraki that moved it to January?
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by poiZon: 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ttalk:

Was it Saraki that moved it to January?
The executive came up with the idea, its implementation started 2020 0r so if am not mistaken.

Bro its all well to hate someone, but saraki isnt the cause of buhari's failure.
Saraki wasnt the president's adviser that made him say ministers r noise makers.
Saraki didnt tell buhari to wait for more than 6months before naming hia cabinet.
It wasnt saraki that gave a conflicting security intels against for efcc acting chairman, even though buhari used him for those number of years without Nigerians feeling any impact of his stewardship.
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by Cryofigbos: 7:36am On Mar 21, 2022
00FFT00:

Nigeria has lots of men qualified to lead it. They will manifest at the right time.

Having alot in what aspect....hw do u justified someone qualified....is it based on educational background and does that mean education can only make a good political leader or what exactly
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by Apoztl3(m): 9:46am On Mar 21, 2022
Dsalvo:

Of course he is Karpov or Kasparov to you. Some of the things you guys say are comical. Do you also realize that some don't talk because they are actually clueless, incompetent and not confident at all ?
Alas some people are finally agreeing that their saviour in whole they are well pleased is the true defination of incompetency... �
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by 00FFT00(m): 11:07am On Mar 21, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Having alot in what aspect....hw do u justified someone qualified....is it based on educational background and does that mean education can only make a good political leader or what exactly

The person I meant will not only emerge in due time but through a democratic and transparent process. This is what we now desire and deserve in the emerging Nigeria we must now strive for, and not some corrupt hegemonist in the mold of Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by Ttalk: 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2022
00FFT00:

The person I meant will not only emerge in due time but through a democratic and transparent process. This is what we now desire and deserve in the emerging Nigeria we must now strive for, and not some corrupt hegemonist in the mold of Ahmed Tinubu.

If wishes were horses..... A technocrat can only become president in Nigeria if he has strong backing of political elites. But not in Nigeria where politicians always use and dump technocrats at will
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by 00FFT00(m): 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ttalk:

If wishes were horses..... A technocrat can only become president in Nigeria if he has strong backing of political elites. But not in Nigeria where politicians always use and dump technocrats at will

You made valid points with regards to the unfortunate situation in our country. But why do we need to replace one misfortune with another. This is the time to hunker down and get it right for once.
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by Ttalk: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2022
00FFT00:

You made valid points with regards to the unfortunate situation in our country. But why do we need to replace one misfortune with another. This is the time to hunker down and get it right for once.

Please be objective, Tinubu is not a disaster, he is better than every other contestant out there, until I see a better candidate he remain the best.
Unless you wish to be bias
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by 00FFT00(m): 6:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ttalk:

Please be objective, Tinubu is not a disaster, he is better than every other contestant out there, until I see a better candidate he remain the best.
Unless you wish to be bias

I actually know potential candidates that will give us a semblance of governance if we support and elect them. Semblance because even Jesus or prophet Muhammad(SAW) cannot do right to Nigeria as it stands.

I am not interested in politics personally, so will wait for the field to populate, they make up my mind. Time still dey.
Re: APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal by tctrills: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2022
Dsalvo:

You keep bouncing hypothesis around mischievously instead of sticking to a principled stance.

This is about the wrongdoing Igbos are openly and vociferously encouraging/supporting.

It reveals the fact Igbos are patently hateful, unfair, unprincipled, callous, undemocratic and entirely disinterested in the notion of doing the right things.
My guy, the APC convention has come and gone. The Igbos hand no hand in it. There was no Igbo agenda or gain in this. Like I told you, the Igbos are never the problem of Nigeria. It's those that have the power that are our problems. Let's stop fighting ourselves because this is what they want us to do. I told you the other time, the Igbos never caused any of Nigerian present problems rather, we should blame our corrupt leaders for these problems

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fresh Boko Haram Attack: Dozens Killed In Maiduguri / Man Tries To Hang Himself In Abuja In Support Of Presidential Aspirant. Photos / Sunday Akin Dare Begins Tour, Vows To Revamp MKO Abiola Stadium (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.