Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros (21311 Views)

Ugandan President Appoints Natasha Museveni, Governor Central Bank Of Uganda / Guinea: ECOWAS Freezes Assets, Imposes Travel Ban On Coup Leaders / Biden Freezes Billions Of Dollars In Afghan Reserves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by etokhana: 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2022
France has frozen the assets of the Bank of Russia in the amount of 22 billion euros, said the country's Minister of Economy and Finance Bruno Le Maire.

"We have frozen the assets of the Central Bank of Russia in the amount of 22 billion euros. In addition, we have frozen assets in the accounts of private individuals in French institutions in the amount of 150 million euros," he said on the radio station RTL.
According to him, France has frozen real estate in the country in the amount of half a billion euros - this corresponds to about 30 properties or apartments owned by Russian citizens .

"In total, this is almost a billion euros, or rather 850 million euros, which have been frozen," Le Maire said.

On February 24, Russia launched a military operation to demilitarize and denazify Ukraine. The armed forces say they are only targeting military infrastructure and Ukrainian troops. There are casualties on both sides.

After that, many Western countries announced large-scale sanctions against Russia, primarily against the banking sector, including the Central Bank, and the supply of high-tech products. In addition, many brands have announced the termination of work in the country.

The Kremlin called these measures an economic war like no other. At the same time, the authorities stressed that they were ready for such a development of events and would continue to fulfill social obligations. The Central Bank is taking measures to stabilize the situation on the foreign exchange market.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov noted that Western companies that refuse to work with Russia did so under enormous pressure, but Moscow will solve all the problems with the economy that the West creates for it. According to Vladimir Putin, the policy of containment and weakening of Russia is a long-term strategy of the West, and the sanctions have dealt a serious blow to the entire global economy. The President also said that the United States and the European Union actually defaulted on their obligations to Russia, freezing its foreign exchange reserves.

https://ria.ru/20220320/frantsiya-1779141720.html

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by mariovito(m): 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
Land grabbers. Why punish citizens for a grouse you have with their Presidents. I'll like to believe that France and its citizens have no investments in Russia.

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
Freeze them all.. Putin must go down on his kneel..
How can you be this desperate for power..the earlier Putin puts his pride down and come to realize that he can never win this war then the better for him..

The haters can cry and rant as much as they like the fact is this..you can't change it.. Putin has to pay the price for his silliness..

138 Likes 15 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by Vicotex1: 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
Next week you'll see Manuel Macron running to beg Putin in kremlin.
Few months from now most eu states will call back their sanctions, uncle Sam isn't feeding them

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
mariovito:
Land grabbers. Why punish citizens for a grouse you have with their Presidents. I'll like to believe that France and its citizens have no investments in Russia.
That's the fastest and best way to get him down..if he's really reasonable is he not supposed to back off..but guess what? Putin does not care about no one..just his interest.. wink

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by mariovito(m): 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2022
I get it, its all fair in love and warfare.
While I do not endorse or give two forrrks about any of the parties involved, I don't think reasonableness really counts in a war situation, War is the most unreasonable solution to problem man has ever invented.

With that said, and like you rightly pointed out, Putin will not give a damn.

Me, I'm here waiting to see where all these leads, will the west stop being clownish and face Putin head on instead of all this side attacks?

FERNANDEZISBACK:

That's the fastest and best way to get him down..if he's really reasonable is he not supposed to back off..but guess what? Putin does not care about no one..just his interest.. wink

8 Likes

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
mariovito:
I get it, its all fair in love and warfare.
While I do not endorse or give two forrrks about any of the parties involved, I don't think reasonableness really counts in a war situation, War is the most unreasonable solution to problem man has ever invented.

With that said, and like you rightly pointed out, Putin will not give a damn.

Me, I'm here waiting to see where all these leads, will the west stop being clownish and face Putin head on instead of all this side attacks?

At least hold Putin for his unreasonable act tho.. cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by mariovito(m): 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
Nah mahn, won't do no such thing.
First, its not in my position to.
Secondly, none of them are holy, they should activate their wmds already, they can obliterate themselves for all I care.

The west is as guilty as Putin is of the same offences.

Plus, I'm negro mahn, this is not my war.

FERNANDEZISBACK:

At least hold Putin for his unreasonable act tho.. cheesy

18 Likes

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
mariovito:
Secondly, none of them are holy, they should activate their wmds already, they can obliterate themselves for all I care.

It ain't your war but you call them land grabbers huh.. it ain't your war but you dropped a comment.. undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by Ogaga87(m): 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2022
mariovito:

But France have investments in Ukraine and Putin has destroyed everything under the guise of war.. I expect Putin to fire one shot to NATO and he will be exiled to Calabar.. When you think you have madness, others have too.. There is no better way to compensate their citizen for their loss in Ukraine, hence the seizure..

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2022
Fernandez hates Putin more than the Ukranians

cheesy

7 Likes

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by nedubrazil111(m): 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2022
good move

3 Likes

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by posty56: 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2022
more sanctions loading, hopefully ,. it will pressure Putin

1 Like

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2022
France is currently fucking west African speaking countries... But somehow they're also moral police.

Who even set this Goddammed rules? Sadly a black man will always be somehow, someway ruled by the Whites.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Well, NATO is already waging a war against Russia, economically...

1 Like

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by ipobarecriminals: 5:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
cool operation cripple PUTIN

8 Likes

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by okanume(m): 5:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
say no to war embrace peace
i hope the world comes back to normal, really tired of hearing all this war rumours,
putin u kwanu should tamper justice with mercy
i never marry oo
peace out.
Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by thundafire: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
mariovito:
u still don't have sense

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by Jesuschristus: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
US and France can do whatever they want ,but Russia must not.On this day 19 years ago,NATO led by the US launched the invasion of Iraq based on lies with more than 500,000 Iraqi civilians dieing from the war.
Never forget!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by frugal(m): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
Macron really tried to make Putin see reasons why an invasion is no good for anyone, but the coconut head wouldn't listen.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by morikee: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
Thieves everywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by RedEnergy: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
I love this, they should keep it going. It will accelerate the demise of Western imperialism on the world.

1 Like

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by emmanuelbrown26: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
Otochaaa. France even gave Putin a long rope but his stubbornness no allow am see d long rope.
When mak Russia no worry, their Nairaland supporters will protest in Paris. When u tell people that Putin go win d war but are they ready to withstand d sanctions?
People don't just understand economic sanctions and its effects,
then Putin Nairaland supporters, I present to u Visa to Russia and visa to America choose where u go go?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by sotall(m): 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
cool
Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
mariovito:

preach in brother.. preach!!

8 Likes

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by LienwaltAbel(m): 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
mariovito:

It will affect us brother. Let's not even talk about how poisonous a nuclear war is to the earth.

3 Likes

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by temptnow: 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
Liar Mohammed is no longer seen in public domain, hope all is well with that fool

27 Likes

Re: France Freezes Assets Of Russia's Central Bank Totalling 22 Billion Euros by Toktee(m): 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Freeze them all.. Putin must go down on his kneel..
How can you be this desperate for power..the earlier Putin puts his pride down and come to realize that he can never win this war then the better for him..
Comrade just wait and see how Putin urchins will attack France here as if macron will hear their wailing. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! / Magnitude 6.3 Earthquake Hits Afghanistan. 2000 Killed, Many Injured / California’s Deadliest Wildfire Finally Tamed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.