Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos (88471 Views)

US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid) / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by mrvitalis(m): 7:03am On Mar 22, 2022
litigator:

You didn’t consider the dollarized loans abi?

Most these guys owe in dollars these days. Let’s just leave it there. It is only favoring a few but many are not enjoying it walahi.
Lmao who owes in bank ?
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 7:07am On Mar 22, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
I love the Igbo tribe so much.
cus them build house for their home town? Come ado ekiti com see beautiful mansion...
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 22, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmao who owes in bank ?

No comment. But from chasing a few of these eastern guys doing big boys in Lagos especially on the island, I am certain of what I am saying. Most big business guys are neck deep in debt.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by MARYIAN(f): 7:11am On Mar 22, 2022
delpee:
People have learnt over the years that many mansions built in villages deteriorate over time. The children they are built for have different values or live abroad. What Fred Ajudua said about acquisition of properties (if true) is a reference point. Sustainability is key. How will the houses be maintained upon the death of the owner? Even while alive, a house one stays in for a few weeks just 2ce a year isn't well utilised. That's where the problem lies. It's the reason why more people are building smaller though beautiful houses in some villages. Just enough space to live in when necessary and more compact for easy maintenance.

Many of the "brown roof" houses in the SW were mansions in the 50s and 60s.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Lol. That's all you have to say right? That says it all.

Next time, don't tell an Igbo he's a "visitor" or that you're his "host" in Lagos.

Good morning to you.

You're a mumu villager. I don't have your time.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2022
Zonefree:

That's Aboh. Close to Ihedioha's hometown

That's true Sha but that first pic be like Ebeson's house. A cream's dealer in lagos
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 22, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
cus them build house for their home town? Come ado ekiti com see beautiful mansion...

Dont mind the annoying village trolls. Always disturbing everyone because of their insecurities.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 22, 2022
Lordave:
Omo kekere you don too cry for here oo.

I hope this frustration doesn’t lead you to go into skull mining and decapitation spree.

I’ve never seen someone sound so bitter in my entire membership on nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin

Cry baby. Go and post on ipobland.com where you belong. This is a Nigerian forum for Nigerians.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Sunsets: 7:30am On Mar 22, 2022
How do people turn out like this? They assume you are Igbo if you not Yoruba and Yoruba if you are not Igbo. Extremely myopic, primitive, and disgusting. Same mindset with racists - inferiority complex masked as superiority complex.
Putinofrussia:

Igbos are always deceiving themselves and always lie and believe the lie just to console their poverty stricken lives.
The most successful Nigerian business people abroad are all Yorubas.
Yorubas are the only Nigerians who took nothing abroad but built multi billion dollars business empires abroad.
Lagos is really a blessing to them.
A lot of people are slavishly working for the Yorubas.They need to for their own growth too.
In Education....They are the most achieved.They have Profs 3 times that of the Igbos.
In Music...They control 80% of the Music industry.
In Movie...They have the most grossing movie directors etc.
In sport...They control boxing,table tennis,chess(because of their high intelligence)
etc.
In industry....They have the highest number of indigenous industries in Nigeria.
They have the highest number of indigenous industries abroad as Nigerians.
They are the most travelled abroad while Igbos are the most travelled within Nigeria.
They have the highest number of technocrats.
They have the highest number of lawyers.
They control 80% of Real Estate both in Nigeria and abroad as Nigerians.
Yorubaland is the most developed part of Nigeria.Specific thanks to Lagos,Ibadan and Ogun state.
They have the highest number of infrastructures.
Highest number of secondary schools.
Highest number of primary schools.
Highest number of private universities.
Highest GDP.
Highest IGR.
Highest number of industries.
Highest number of modern houses.
Highest number of malls etc.
They have the bigget estate in Africa in Ogun state being built by the Redeemed..
They have the richest people in Nigeria.Even the richest Nigerians abroad are Yorubas.
They have the Highest number of Human Resources.
It is numerously numerous to count the blessings of the Yoruba.God has been excellent. Thanks to the Almighty.

1 Like

Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by DaveHarry(m): 7:37am On Mar 22, 2022
Houses they can't call home
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by DesChyko: 7:41am On Mar 22, 2022
Dapinski:

You'll build one silly house in Amuwo Odofin and be disturbing our peace.

Oh. And here I was thinking it was a thread about some houses built in my hometown in Mbaise which you invaded to disturb our peace undecided

My Geography must be poor cry
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Perfecttouchade: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2022
Let's make you that Quality Aluminium windows,check out for our threads through our profile.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Lordave: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2022
Ade3131:

My personal issues with our Igbo brother were all captured in this post of yours. I've lived with them all my life so I know and speak the language well.

One issue that is generic and very pronounced among igbos is their tendency to insult the hands that feed them. I mean read through your post again and ask yourself if you're any different from those low IQ guys who insult their benefactors?

You trade in southwest and the north. People from these region are your best clients, all your wealth comes from these places yet you have the audacity to call them poor?

If your place is as rich as you claimed why aren't your most successful businessmen based in the East?

Why aren't their businesses based there?

You traveled out of your almighty southeast to the north or west with a polytene or ghana-most-go bag looking re.tarded and malnourished only to return with luxury, and out of your very shallow thinking, you dare call the land that made you backward and poor?

How many non-igbos are making it as big as people from your tribe are doing in other regions, in the southeast? Or are there no non-igbos in the East? If you know the stat, then think again. Is the east really that wealthy as you think or it's just a repository where Igbos who have succeeded in their trade go to deposit part of their wealth while they continue to reside in the land where milk and honey flows in the West?

It's only a child who have not visited other people's family farm that says it's his father's farm that is the biggest.

As poor as Ilorin looks from the outside, I've been to places that suggests otherwise within that state. And just to state this, I've visited and stayed in all the eastern states, so I know the terrain too well for you to talk shit. Everybody is blessed but coming to claim that your blessings are bigger and better than other people's own is just foolishness.
Lmao grin grin grin cheesy

You’re delusional, bitter, an awful liar and an eternal loser.

Your dirty, wrinkled, good for nothing hands infected by a malignant tumor fed Igbos? Muscle pull anaghị agba ngwere, abi you never hear an before?

Host this, host that, so far we live in this same Nigeria you’re a nobody. What else do you want from us biko nu? The Igbos living in Lagos and South Wàste do not constitute ultra public nuisance like the belligerent Hausa/Fulani yet y’all always rant about Igbos the most. How many times una dey call out Hausa and Fulani? Never! But if e reach peaceful Igbos doing their normal businesses una tiny pricks wey no tall reach tilimbu little-finger go dey claim erection. Ndi eriri eri!

See mumu and hands wey dey feed Igbos.

After blowing all this grammar from your 1 bedroom self con you’ll still go back to being a legal adviser to one Aku Ruo uno Emeka Okoro, a spare parts dealer in Ladipo and owner of numerous landed properties in Regos, Onicha and Enugwu. And of course you dare not address him without “sir” unless you wan demote to face me I face you in Makoko. grin grin

Akpa Amu. grin

2 Likes

Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Lordave: 7:54am On Mar 22, 2022
Dapinski:

Cry baby. Go and post on ipobland.com where you belong. This is a Nigerian forum for Nigerians.
grin ;DWhy not tell Seun to make Nairaland accessible to yorubas only let’s see if he won’t end up being a gateman to one spare-parts dealer in Ladipo.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by DesChyko: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2022
okoroemeka:
I think majority don't even bother to go to their villages even during festive season that's why it is like that.

Even those who lived outside Nigeria for many years and were doing well but had to return for an emergency didn't waste time before erecting their edifices. The push was seeing what those who were close to home were doing.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 8:12am On Mar 22, 2022
Dapinski:

Dont mind the annoying village trolls. Always disturbing everyone because of their insecurities.
Stop crying all over the place and improve on your standard of living

First you gotta stop licking Tinubu ass so you can think properly

The igbos you hate and envy are doing excellently well for themselves as you can see

Dem no get your time

1 Like

Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by ChristineC: 8:20am On Mar 22, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I know that you are not based in Lagos or from Lagos so I can only respond by telling you to keep telling yourself such falsehood until you bel8eve it wink
Just type the excos of Banana Island Landlords Association alone to cure yourself of the ignorance. To buy property in Banana Island, you need more than money because background check is first conducted on you.

I guarantee you that ,especially , if you are not from the stock of the Ikoyi old money made up mostly of the Yoruba elite renowned ex-this ex-that or have strong link to them, you will not get a single sand in Banana Island.

Banana Island is different but I am sure that you don't know. You probably think it is all comers affair. You must be from a certain pedigree before you can buy land in Banana Island sir. Once they hear your surname, you will be declined on the spot.
There are so much you do not understand about Lagos, Lagos has never been for sale sir wink
common stop this useless lie

2 Likes

Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by FreeStuffsNG: 8:43am On Mar 22, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr127:

Why you too dey lie like this nitori Olohun?
Is it the same banana island or there's another that I'm not aware of?
Boy, there's nothing special about banana island. My uncle was the first set of people to erect a building there when it wasn't overcrowded. I'm talking about year 2005 / 2007. Infact, most people regretted and sold their houses after a heavy downpour flooded the areas and houses submerged.
I've been tripping in and out of banana island before they gave birth to most of you kids on nairaland and I can confidently tell you one or two as regards that area of Ikoyi.
If you want to lie, at least lie with sense because you don't know is who.
Make we no yarn much sha because this your mumu stories no gel rara and I wouldn't want to fall your hand online as per say you're my fellow Omoluabi.
who is your huncle?Please no vex, it is obvious you are more interested in bragging with your uncle and reminding everyone of those days the turnbull road was flooded and the main road leading into it,owned by the Fafunwa- Onikoyi family, was just a fishing setttlement and uHNI like Mike Adenuga were yet to move in,(Adenuga was still living on Adeola Odeku,VI then).
Go and work hard o, you want to be a neighbour to the ultra HNI abi?
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by ChristineC: 8:46am On Mar 22, 2022
DaveHarry:
Houses they can't call home
who told you that?
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Allisgud: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2022
All this one na competition Dem dey do,dats why the one wey never make am no dey gree come village
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by TheManOfTheYear: 9:01am On Mar 22, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

There are things you do not understand about Lagos but in summary,Lagos has never been for sale.I won't say more than that.Let us leave it there.

On Banana Island, you apparently misunderstood me sir, the ticket to get a property there is not because you are Yoruba, it is that you are ultra high networth , phenomenally ultra succcessful and have a verifiable elitist family pedigree. . That is where the scions of the Yoruba old Ikoyi money have the edge and why an Obi Cubana et al do not have houses in Banana.

It is run like a company and not like your regular estate . It will be easier for an Emefiele to get a property there than an MC Oluomo yet MC Oluomo is Yoruba except if MC Oluomo is from the old Yoruba Ikoyi money.

The board is peopled mostly by the scions of this old Ikoyi money who are mostly Yoruba ( I won't disclose the names of the Yoruba families) and own almost all the property there and who have over the years inter married and know one another as far back as their primary school days in Saint Saviours,Ikoyi wink

It is done in the west in every highly civilized capitalist urban city settings where the ultra High networth create an exclusive zone for themselves so it is not new. The brilliant Architect Yoruba man who conceptualized the Island for scions of Yoruba old Ikoyi money is late now but the idea is to create an upper class estate for the Yoruba ultra HNI and scions of Ikoyi old money.
It is a strategic way to fence out the new money because most of this elite old Ikoyi money live in old Ikoyi while their scions live in Banana Island. .

To understand this concept, please read the tragedy in the book "The Great Gasby" and how Gatsby was never accepted by the old money.

In that book , you will appreciate more why you need to work hard for your descendants today.
Thanks for the book, I'd read it through.
But their original purpose has been defeated, the new money are now obtaining properties in the same Banana Island, the likes of Linda Ikeji and co. Money will always compromise things in Nigeria.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 22, 2022
Dapinski:

You're a mumu villager. I don't have your time.

Me villager? Lol.

Typical of a drowning man who would clutch at anything. You spew trash and when faced with facts, run to hide.

You Sir, are an illiterate. Go and get education.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Sapeleboy911(m): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2022
heniford2:
this should motivate you to think home like the igbos do never forget your Root no matter where you are igbos no dey forget home as a warri dude think like igbos

And what makes you think I forgot my roots, do you know if I'm currently in my village? You crave too much attention from the Yoruba man, it's a sign of low self-esteem.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by heniford2: 9:37am On Mar 22, 2022
Sapeleboy911:

And what makes you think I forgot my roots, do you know if I'm currently in my village? You crave too much attention from the Yoruba man, it's a sign of low self-esteem.
low self-esteem yoruba boy like you always feeling hate and jealous abeg preach your message to the dead undecided if your from your village promote it not get annoyed when someone tries to do so coron sapele cheesy

1 Like

Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by heniford2: 9:39am On Mar 22, 2022
Dapinski:

show us ur village lets check how sound development is going there and i will show u mine

1 Like

Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Sapeleboy911(m): 9:44am On Mar 22, 2022
heniford2:
low self-esteem yoruba boy like you always feeling hate and jealous abeg preach your message to the dead undecided if your from your village promote it not get annoyed when someone tries to do so coron sapele cheesy

You still have a long way to go. Being a tribalist will only bring you more harm than good believe you me.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by heniford2: 9:45am On Mar 22, 2022
membranus:

A Yoruba man is never boastful of his achievements or properties by nature. That irritating behaviour belongs to the average Igbo man.

That we don't flaunt our possessions doesn't mean that we don't have them. We have mighty mansions jaburata in all our villages all over, and no matter how you taunt us, we will not be tempted to showcase them to you as proofs of our prosperity.

Because doing so will only inflame the Igboman envious disposition towards the Yorubas the more.
this wan na zombie proMax grin oh! U get wealth u get house u even get estates, grin you decide to lock up okey, people way sabi ur village wia u dey claim hitman d talk say nothing u no get u come paraphrase begin talk say u don't like showing off nobi juju be dat dis man grin cheesy
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by heniford2: 9:50am On Mar 22, 2022
Sapeleboy911:

You still have a long way to go. Being a tribalist will only bring you more harm than good believe you me.
tribalist what, undecided that i showcase my village for sound development,and incourage people to stop having ill mind about my village as per fake War the claim in my region, that i ask you to showcase ur own village too na him be the tribalism stuff.black man sense self na fish brain
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 22, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Me villager? Lol.

Typical of a drowning man who would clutch at anything. You spew trash and when faced with facts, run to hide.

You Sir, are an illiterate. Go and get education.

All Igbos are villagers. Even your Professors.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by Sapeleboy911(m): 9:57am On Mar 22, 2022
heniford2:
tribalist waiting that i showcase my village for sound development,and incourage people to stop having ill mind about my village as per fake War the claim in my region, that i ask you to showcase ur own village too na him be the tribalism stuff.black man sense self a fish brain

Replying to you was the most useless action I have made this month. I was expecting a sensible response from you, but here you are confidently telling me that you have a fish brain. It's a pity.
Re: New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:00am On Mar 22, 2022
shantti:

Nna anyi Putin, Abeg have mercy on Ukraine. Do that if u really love we the igbos

Talk to the clownish president of Ukraine. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Decorative wall stone tiles in Lagos and anywhere in Nigeria. . / Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. / Man Who Built Home On Inlaws Land Uproots & Moves The Home After Divorce (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.