Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes (20257 Views)

Suez Cannal Blockage: Companies Consider Alternative Routes / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes / LASWA Releases Alternative Routes Ahead Of Third Mainlad Bridge Partial Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by naptu2: 6:55am On Mar 22, 2022
Jubril A. Gawat @Mr_JAGs

PRESIDENTIAL MOVEMENT IN LAGOS: Event to hold between 8.00am and 12 noon, the traffic management of the event necessitated the release of the alternative routes.

- Motorists from Apapa/Oshodi will be able to use Agege Motor Road to link PWD to connect Works Road or General Adeyinka Adebayo Road to access Oba Akinjobi inward Ikeja General Hospital and connect Local Airport through the Underpass.

- Motorists on Agege Motor Road are advised to link Charity by the Armed Resettlement Centre on the service lanes and make a U-turn at Cappa/Bolade axis inwards shogunle to access PWD to continue their journey.

Maryland/Mobolaji Bank Anthony is also open to motorists to link the Local Airport and access Muritala Muhammed Airport, alternately, Motorists can go through the Third Mainland Bridge inwards Gbagada to connect Ikorodu/Maryland to reach the Airports.

Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (@followlastma) will be on ground along the alternative routes to help motorists navigate their movement to ensure free flow of traffic.

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1506143481244364800

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Malory: 6:59am On Mar 22, 2022
Since I was born I haven't heard that president of America is commissioning new airport terminal or a newly built factory. Buhari can do better

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by donbachi(m): 7:06am On Mar 22, 2022
Dem build toilet,dem commission.

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by naptu2: 7:07am On Mar 22, 2022
naptu2:
I find it bewildering that people ask questions that have obvious answers.

For example, back in 2012 someone created a thread in which he asked why Nigerians love titles so much. I told him that we obviously inherited it from the British. A former mod also appeared and repeated what I said. The guy that asked the question got angry because he was determined to make it seem like a uniquely Nigerian issue but we were not playing along. This is one of the examples that I gave him.

So whereas, in Nigeria the Chief Justice is Known as Chief Justice Mohammed Lawal Uwais (CJN), in England the Chief Justice is known as The Right Honourable
(The Lord Judge) Igor Judge, Baron Judge (PC), Lord Chief Justice and President of the Courts of England and Wales.

All those titles like "honourable members", "distinguished senators", "right honourables" and "lord justice" were all inherited from the UK.

Someone asked a similar question yesterday and it's a question that has often been asked and the answer is the same as the answer to the question above.

His question was, where did Nigerians learn this habit of commissioning things before using them? If you build a road, why don't you just start using it? Why do you need a commissioning ceremony?

The answer, of course, is that we learnt it from the British who colonised us. The only difference is that in most cases it's members of the Royal Family that commission things in the UK, while in most cases in the US it's state governors and mayors that commission things there.

It reminded me of a documentary that I saw in which they interviewed Prince Edward about the way that he commissions things. He talked about the different styles that his mother, his father and his siblings use in commissioning things and he also talked about his own style. Prince Edward likes to add a little energy and razzmattazz to his commissioning ceremonies, as you'll see in subsequent posts.

Meanwhile, here is a video of President Kennedy commissioning a road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeL-J8l1JBo

naptu2:

King George V delivers a speech as he commissions a new bridge in Newcastle. His speech began with, "22 years ago, my dear father opened the King Edward VII Bridge". This commissioning took place on December 31st, 1930.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVwHaIVgDTk

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by armadeo(m): 7:07am On Mar 22, 2022
Bubu.
Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by naptu2: 7:08am On Mar 22, 2022
naptu2:
I can't find that documentary in which Prince Edward talks about the different ways of commissioning things, but I can give you a taste of what he meant.

In this video he tells his audience that unveiling a plaque is not the most exciting thing in the world, but that on this occasion, he wants them to pretend that it is exciting. Then he does his usual razzmatazz. Watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAudgksixww

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by naptu2: 7:08am On Mar 22, 2022
naptu2:
And here's Prince Edward's mother (and Queen Mary's granddaughter) Queen Elizabeth II (accompanied by Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex) commissioning a new bridge over the Mersey River in 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eOen9kjm6Q

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Kennyfancy(m): 7:12am On Mar 22, 2022
Worst president ever

13 Likes

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by tillaman(m): 7:13am On Mar 22, 2022
Viva lasgidi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by naptu2: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2022
naptu2:
Let's review some of yesterday's propaganda stories.

1) Did Putin plead with the West not to impose sanctions?

There was a story that made it seem like President Putin was pleading with the West that they shouldn't impose more sanctions. That story is misleading. Here's what actually happened.

They were commissioning a ferry service between Kaliningrad and the Russian mainland. Although Kaliningrad is a Russian state, it is surrounded by Poland, Lithuania and the Baltic Sea. President Putin joined the ceremony by video link. During the ceremony, the governor of Kaliningrad said that the ferry service was very important to Russia's transport security because it was the only means of transport between Kaliningrad and the mainland that could not be affected by the political decision of Russia's neighbours (probably referring to Poland and Lithuania).

It was in response to that comment that Putin said that Russia has no negative intention towards its neighbours. He said that this was not a time for Russia's neighbours to impose restrictions, but rather it was a time for them to normalise relations with Russia. He said that Russia's neighbours should not stir up tensions like the West is doing.

He said that Western sanctions were hurting Russia, but they were also hurting the countries that imposed the sanctions on Russia. He said that the sanctions could delay some joint projects that Russia has with other countries, but they will not derail them completely. Finally he said that Russia will simply develop its own competence to replace imported technologies and he said that this was already happening in the aviation and other sectors.

https://www.rt.com/news/551237-putin-sanctions-baltics-poland/

The governor's speech begins at the 4:54 minute mark in the video. Putin's response about the neighbours begins at the 6:15 minute mark in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsTFA1u7okw

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Ohibenemma(m): 7:13am On Mar 22, 2022
Anytime the/a president comes to town, the masses suffer. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Superpe: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2022
Like for Mad Man on the street
Share for Buhari

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by JayTripz(m): 7:13am On Mar 22, 2022
Make I just sit down my house..I nor get strength for extra traffic...I don chop gala tire for Lagos traffic

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Blackfire(m): 7:13am On Mar 22, 2022
So presidential.. we the entire country love you baba buhari

Our darling president

North2023

Anyways I sell cows
Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Goldbw122(m): 7:14am On Mar 22, 2022
Hmm
Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by simpleseyi: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2022
Malory:
Since I was born I haven't heard that president of America is commissioning new airport terminal or a newly built factory. Buhari can do better

The Presidents of America are not MAD like that of Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2022
Time to organise my boys. I'm coming...
Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Kurumaru: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2022
Island is a No-No today, if you don't have anything serious to do there, Abeg avoid dat zone.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by RichDad1(m): 7:14am On Mar 22, 2022
Malory:
It’s because you’re from the indomie generation that. Scroll up and see Naptu’s comments and educate yourself.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by simpleseyi: 7:15am On Mar 22, 2022
Kixamo:
Any where wey Buhari go, things must spoil

He was destined for calamities

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Viraltrends123: 7:15am On Mar 22, 2022
Malory:
Because, all you life is on Nairaland, and you don't read Western news.

They can do one very big ceremony for the commissioning and opening of a library or school.

I don't like the government, but I only condemn what's wrong, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Brunicekid(m): 7:15am On Mar 22, 2022
commissioning... Is it reflecting on the common masses?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by simpleseyi: 7:15am On Mar 22, 2022
Blackfire:
So presidential.. we the entire country love you baba buhari

Our darling president

North2023

Anyways I sell cows

Still at the psychiatric hospital?

6 Likes

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by LeoDeKing: 7:15am On Mar 22, 2022
[s]
Malory:
[/s]
Nigeria is a developing country and commissioning of projects in any developing country is very much in order.

Besides, you can just become an American through phone even as you reside in your village. What it takes is just stop bothering about Nigeria but America. Then you are already an American.

Gej, the supreme god of ipob pigs commissioned primary schools.

9 Likes

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:16am On Mar 22, 2022
He's commissioning a private business while there is a national security issue

Seriously how dumb can he get shocked shocked shocked
Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Frigga13: 7:16am On Mar 22, 2022
Buhari legacy.... Na only for his people ..

1 Like

Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by iscom(m): 7:17am On Mar 22, 2022
OK
Re: Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 22, 2022
In essence if you don't have anything important to do today dey your house.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nwankwo Nicky Odira is a scammer( BRITISHNAIJA ) / Collision Between Okada And SUV Claims 2 Lives In Abeokuta Accident (photos) / Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.