Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? (53439 Views)

I Suspected My Wife Was Cheating, I Set Her Up / My Neighbor Has Been Cheating On Her Husband With A Bike Man / Is There A Boundary To Sexual Practices In Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Eastcaostboy: 11:31am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have this new neighbor that packed in last three months, that talk to people anyhow. But he feels it's a normal conversation.

Over the weekend I was cleaning my house and my car, only for him to tell me I clean my car too much. And was saying other nasty things and was laughing thinking is a normal thing.

There's no single day that i will wash my car that this guy will not say this to me, how I valued my car more than my life.

Normally, this guy can not look me with straight face and be telling me this kind of nonsense if I didn't create this kind of familiarity with him in the first place.

How can i avoid this guy in a matured manner so that he won't even decode I'm avoiding him?
Treat people how they treat you mani. Let him know you ain't a scare dude. Prove to him you bought the car by your tough beingness. He is trying to size you up reply him in a roughed manners and he will get scared and let you be. Don't keep silent he might do the worst in future once you are still there
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Okbaba: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2022
Op I'm here, I have read your message. I won't do it again. I was just trying to be friendly. I never intended to hurt you. I'm so sorry.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by deavicky(m): 11:33am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have this new neighbor that packed in last three months, that talk to people anyhow. But he feels it's a normal conversation.

Over the weekend I was cleaning my house and my car, only for him to tell me I clean my car too much. And was saying other nasty things and was laughing thinking is a normal thing.

There's no single day that i will wash my car that this guy will not say this to me, how I valued my car more than my life.

Normally, this guy can not look me with straight face and be telling me this kind of nonsense if I didn't create this kind of familiarity with him in the first place.

How can i avoid this guy in a matured manner so that he won't even decode I'm avoiding him?
just tell him you don't like such words that he should stop it. And you too try not to portray a picture that ur life depends in the Car. He might have seen something.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Boatswain: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2022
Solvelink:
Or, guy! i am not lazy like you na...

That one go hit em body wella.

Or say na lazy people weh dirty no dey like wash car

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Kellie069(m): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2022
Omo tell him you don't fancy such joke , that he should stop it! As it's becoming too much . tell am straight
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Jokkarm2: 11:35am On Mar 23, 2022
Is simple, keep him where he belongs to.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't see the need for wanting to set boundaries with him; he is just concerned about your obsession with your car's neatness.

I know your type. I once had a tenant who'd wash his car at 5am, sometimes very late at night and even under the scorching sun.
It is obviously queer.

I think you should ignore him but if you really want to address it, next time he askes why you always wash your car,

Tell him that ever since you fvcked his wife inside the car, you've had to wash it daily to get rid of the smell of her kpekus from it.

This should either help you out or put you in more trouble.

Nairaland without NwaAmaikpe is ZERO. Infact you ought to be rewarded handsomely by the owner of this platform for always making us laugh grin

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Jokkarm2: 11:36am On Mar 23, 2022
Okbaba:
Op I'm here, I have read your message. I won't do it again. I was just trying to be friendly. I never intended to hurt you. I'm so sorry.

Is a lie, you are not the one .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Olatlaccon(m): 11:37am On Mar 23, 2022
WantsandMore:

Do not avoid him rather engage him with sarcasm. Next time he pushes dumb joke like that turn the other cheek or bash back by telling him he will not understand until he can afford a car like yours that is high Maintenance ..Lmao
Haaaa..... that's too much o
You are mean as fvck
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Alaefulu(m): 11:37am On Mar 23, 2022
You been no good at all,at all
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't see the need for wanting to set boundaries with him; he is just concerned about your obsession with your car's neatness.

I know your type. I once had a tenant who'd wash his car at 5am, sometimes very late at night and even under the scorching sun.
It is obviously queer.

I think you should ignore him but if you really want to address it, next time he askes why you always wash your car,

Tell him that ever since you fvcked his wife inside the car, you've had to wash it daily to get rid of the smell of her kpekus from it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Emmanuelellah: 11:37am On Mar 23, 2022
This exactly is happening to me. Though is my first car but I love to keep it clean. But I don't know why some people are angry saying I too dey wash my car. I need this advice more than the writer.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by rhymesnoni(m): 11:38am On Mar 23, 2022
Hannover:
That's why I don't like being too familiar with neighbors. They always overstep boundaries

W
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Olawrites: 11:40am On Mar 23, 2022
Must you wash car everytime you fooll grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Zane2point4(m): 11:42am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Ive bn there i kno this kind neighbor and the best you can do for yourself is to stay far away frm him, just hello and hi will do, i said that blc he might be if help to u in the yard one day,

But keep him at arms length,dont discuss personal issues wt him,just greet him formally and leave,if he talks carelessly just keep a straight face or smile and be busy with wat you’re doing’
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Divoc19(f): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2022
Richy4:
Actually, there are some people that doesn't know how to relate with others especially while talking... And majority of them were introverts.. Most of them are good guys but when they opened their mouth u feel disgusted...If u settle down to observe, u will find out that they were trying so hard to relate...

It's just in their DNA.. and they don't even know that they were offending someone that they were speaking with...If u throw an insult at him, he might be really surprised thinking where and when he has offended you... Some will go back to their shell never to return..

They are many like that here in Nairaland... Those ones that Will insult someone seeking for an advice first before dishing out whatever they wanna say... Making one wonder if the insults thrown makes the recipient understand the advice better....

Only respond to his greetings and ignore whatever he has to say by concentrating on your car.. Do not.. I repeat do not insult him please smiley
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by LordReed(m): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Then don't ever stop to have a conversation with him. Always have somewhere you have to be whenever he tries to engage you.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Bigfish121(m): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2022
Some guys are just too lousy.They talk too much.as a guy, you are supposed to limit the way you talk.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by CCC2(m): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2022
Target his girl friend and NACK her, he will be a lifetime enemy .
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Put you earphone and some music on while cleaning the car and keep a straight face if he comes ignore. He'll get the message.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by obstead200(m): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

u are too sensitive. Just chill
It is plain banter. But if u can live with urself after it, just go and tell him u don't appreciate the banter.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by raphy(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is obviously queer.

I like your vibes joor
Hahaha

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by larryking540: 11:48am On Mar 23, 2022
Solvelink:
Or, guy! i am not lazy like you na...

That one go hit em body wella.

be careful of people like that ,they can change your response as an aggressive or insult best your just smile and let him keep talking,don't reply o
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 23, 2022
Those kind of people have a sinister plot watch for those who say “be like say na my own too” don’t let the homie breath easy and free to do as him like o those kind people dey key car scratch am bad belle no Dey hide at all

Even if na roof you take enter na die you go die
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by obstead200(m): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is obviously queer.

I like u bro.
Always
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by raphy(m): 11:50am On Mar 23, 2022
Just ignorr the morufucker he will just mind his business
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Mavor: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Give him Bianca Brain Reset. The worst thing he can do is to call you Ashawo, then he will move on.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by derecho(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2022
Did the Op say he doesn't own a car?Insults may give you a temporary "win" but you'll regret it if you are responsible.
WantsandMore:

Do not avoid him rather engage him with sarcasm. Next time he pushes dumb joke like that turn the other cheek or bash back by telling him he will not understand until he can afford a car like yours that is high Maintenance ..Lmao
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by RPG2020(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2022
Next time give am one piripiri slap before he eyes �️� clear you don watch your car finished
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by ikennaoma(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2022
Imagine this life that's is so sweet, the small yapping dey pain u.. I for like that your neighbor.. as he yaps u, just laugh give am back immediately that u no be ritualist like him wey dey fear to wash his car go on immediately and start a conversation like how u see man utd match today.. chai life to sweet to dey kill yourself to small sarcasm
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by PericomaNwankwo: 11:55am On Mar 23, 2022
Those comments are born from a deeper motive. You have to be weary of that man. He may be a potential harm to either your car or yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by bigcee(m): 11:56am On Mar 23, 2022
tillaman:
I saw a dude sitting outside my gate waiting to restock my SIL’s shop, Naso I greet the guy well done next thing he said was bros this your essentials shorts na fake ooo
Shorts that cost me 12k he say he see the original upfront I just weak
He was like bros I just dey play oo this is a guy I am seeing for the first time
He is testing your boundaries. I know people like that. Very useless assh0le.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by greypencils: 11:57am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Get ear phones in both ears anytime you are outside the house even if you are not listening to anything. When he greets, pretend not to hear. He would leave you alone automatically.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / List Of Items You Must Have In Your Home For Emergencies - By Laffhub.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.