Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? (53491 Views)

I Suspected My Wife Was Cheating, I Set Her Up / My Neighbor Has Been Cheating On Her Husband With A Bike Man / Is There A Boundary To Sexual Practices In Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by TheGift: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2022
Tell him that you find His jokes too childish and it is becoming tiring. He should try more meaningful conversations, Please.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by poiZon: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have this new neighbor that packed in last three months, that talk to people anyhow. But he feels it's a normal conversation.

Over the weekend I was cleaning my house and my car, only for him to tell me I clean my car too much. And was saying other nasty things and was laughing thinking is a normal thing.

There's no single day that i will wash my car that this guy will not say this to me, how I valued my car more than my life.

Normally, this guy can not look me with straight face and be telling me this kind of nonsense if I didn't create this kind of familiarity with him in the first place.

How can i avoid this guy in a matured manner so that he won't even decode I'm avoiding him?
How will he able to handle a mature response when he isn't mature?

Like u no reason this kind thing...
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Rexymania(m): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2022
I dislike such neighbors... enemy of progress
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Hannover(m): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2022
PointZerom:

Pls don't ever keep a straight face with your neighbor.

I have been doing that for over 15 years now. It's the best so they don't overstep boundaries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Olumaeme: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2022
I know people like that who make fun of people.

Use something to yab him like small Pr!ck or that his wife sleeps around.

E go pain am
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by fubsy: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2022
Laugh and say, "I do it to keep fit and keep clean". Then you turn and face your work.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by letitrainnow(m): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2022
When he talks, don't respond all the time.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by KingOfTheDamned: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have this new neighbor that packed in last three months, that talk to people anyhow. But he feels it's a normal conversation.

Over the weekend I was cleaning my house and my car, only for him to tell me I clean my car too much. And was saying other nasty things and was laughing thinking is a normal thing.

There's no single day that i will wash my car that this guy will not say this to me, how I valued my car more than my life.

Normally, this guy can not look me with straight face and be telling me this kind of nonsense if I didn't create this kind of familiarity with him in the first place.

How can i avoid this guy in a matured manner so that he won't even decode I'm avoiding him?

You sound very pretty insecure and arrogant..
You sound like a really nasty piece of work for a neighbor
Wow so negative
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by BabaIbo: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2022
Solvelink:
Or, guy! i am not lazy like you na...

That one go hit em body wella.

Or, "Bros, don't worry when you buy your own car, you go know whatsup..."

Back to the post, I don't see anything wrong in that sha, maybe it is from my view/perspective.
For someone like me, yes I'm a jovial person but I do read people before joking with them.
He would have sensed OR observed you well, i.e if he is my kind of person before making such jokes.

Bro, no dey take things serious, he is a man like you na.
Abi you feel sey you senior am and as such you don't like the joke. If that is the case, you can just ignore him next time, he will get the message and react the way you want him to i.e stop joking with you.

Note: if you can not flow OR accommodate some people's flaws, don't bother opening your boundaries to them.
Instead of opening it and whining over it later on.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by beamed: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2022
Just tell him it's a form of exercise for you. Reduce your engagement with him by giving him monosylabic answers.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by tellwisdom: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2022
Ok, we are now aware you have a car. Thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Uncle96(m): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2022
We know your type, the type that stays obsessed with washing cars grin. Well it actually irritates some people, I know a man like that that washes his car every night after coming from work. I saw this as a mental illness.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by masseratti: 11:18am On Mar 23, 2022
faithfull18:
Don't reply him, keep a straight face. If he is sensible or has any self- respect left, he either reduces the interaction or mind his business.

this is totally me... I will just keep it straight like he doesn't exist.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Testimony1988(m): 11:19am On Mar 23, 2022
Just avoid him.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by kenny5811(m): 11:19am On Mar 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't see the need for wanting to set boundaries with him; he is just concerned about your obsession with your car's neatness.

I know your type. I once had a tenant who'd wash his car at 5am, sometimes very late at night and even under the scorching sun.
It is obviously queer.

I think you should ignore him but if you really want to address it, next time he askes why you always wash your car,

Tell him that ever since you fvcked his wife inside the car, you've had to wash it daily to get rid of the smell of her kpekus from it.

This should either help you out or put you in more trouble.
wata bombshell

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by PointZerom: 11:19am On Mar 23, 2022
Hannover:

I have been doing that for over 15 years now. It's the best so they don't overstep boundaries

It is wrong. I just greet and pass and pretend to be smiling when need be, nothing more.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Aboguede(m): 11:20am On Mar 23, 2022
Type of car and which model. No lie oh, I get why

POSmecrhant:

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Ofadaman(m): 11:20am On Mar 23, 2022
Don't take life too seriously baba, .. if he makes a joke , laff over it and move on. life is not hard, He's your neigbhours not your enemy and the truth is , it's not even ideal to begin quarrels with Neighbours over trivial issues , u may need their help in terms of info, house issues ,security etc especially when you aren't around. You can gain respect without being rude or making him an enemy,. Respect is achieved by what you do, not what you say, so show those traits that makes you mature in the compound, avoid unnecessary conversations, give reasonable advice and don't be too available.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by dododawa1: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2022
Like for d car washer
Share for d car complainer.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by realoscar84(m): 11:21am On Mar 23, 2022
Based on the op subsequent comment, its obvious the so loquacious neighbour equally own a car too, so you can't tagged his behaviour as jealousy but the fact remains that the way some neighbour dotted their car eh, always washing it, removing the fainted of dirts anytime they passed by the car as if their whole existence depend on the car can really be irritating wallahi. I'm not in any way supporting the bad mouthed neighbour though. Everyone should learn to mind their business but I am sure the op is being economical with the truth.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Kaptainkoko: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2022
Bros reply am.with one terrible bad word. He will keep quiet. Tell him say he dey pepper you because you no dey wash your life to be better.
Find one better bad word for am. He go stop sharp sharp.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

familiarity breeds contempt.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by condralbedez: 11:22am On Mar 23, 2022

YES OH,I value my car so well bro,I hustle to buy the car,unlike some people that their parents contribute money to get one for them, even though that they do work..try this response and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by kingyakos: 11:22am On Mar 23, 2022
Ignore him and let good morning be good morning, good afternoon be good afternoon, good evening be good evening and no good night
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by DonJuan13: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2022
My dear comrade don't mind op, when he was going to borrow car and the guy showed him good neighborliness by acquiescing to his demand, he did not come here to praise a new tenant that agreed for you to use his car to carry load. E reach time to tolerate the guy now you no fit. Typical Nigerian 'use and dump' attitude. Talk is talk and talk is cheap, I see no reason you should bother yourself with such trivialities, na anything wey anybody like e fit use him mouth talk, your own na to either ignore or let go. OP I prescribe tolerance.

My 2 cents.
Adakintroy:
You allowed him into your space. You people just familiarize anyhow then come and complain.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by GloriousGbola: 11:25am On Mar 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim there... so how exactly did you go about creating this kind of familiarity with him in the first place? undecided

Um... why not do start by doing exactly what you would do to people who pose a nuisance here online... ignore? Why make it seem it all has to do with your ego and stuff? undecided

I was raised middle class,and stayed on campus in a public university. I had roommates who were poor or from disadvantaged backgrounds. These are people you live with. And they will have some attitudes - a casualness towards dirtiness,disregard for boundaries that can only be managed by getting new roommates.

The same applies in lagos. Very often you are in a building that housed one family and has now been converted to a two or three family building. So you may be sharing a compound with persons who have a completely different mindset from you.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by WHITELIGHTER: 11:27am On Mar 23, 2022
Na Una get that time to dey get familiar with neighbours....I don't have that time because it breeds nonsense

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by 07kjb: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2022
Stop wasting your time washing your car all the time, can't u just gist with fellow men u are here forming rubbish

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Eastcaostboy: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2022
faithfull18:
Don't reply him, keep a straight face. If he is sensible or has any self- respect left, he either reduces the interaction or mind his business.

Treat people how they treat you mani. Let him know you ain't a scare dude, prove to him you bought the car by your tough beingness. He is trying to size you up reply him in a roughed manners and he will get scared and let you be. Don't keep silent he might do the worst in future once your still there
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2022
To hell with him if he decodes.

Keep him on his lane, straight.

Clean ur car, dont reply his rubbish.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by A305: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Next time, he makes such remark as regards you washing your car.

Don't say anything and just continuing doing your thing. Don't even utter a word till he leaves. He would get the message.

Secondly, limit your interactions with him, he is uncouth due to your familiarity with him and sadly, familiarity breeds comtempt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Nigerian Couple Celebrate 53rd Wedding Anniversary With Lovely Viral Photo / I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.