Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,120 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? (53507 Views)

I Suspected My Wife Was Cheating, I Set Her Up / My Neighbor Has Been Cheating On Her Husband With A Bike Man / Is There A Boundary To Sexual Practices In Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by kumulus(m): 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2022
Had similar experiences with an estate neighbor, this guy would see me wetting flowers in front of my compound every evening and be like "oga you and this your flowers'. In response I would smile and say "well somebody has to do it' (this has happened for at least 7-9 times), what got on my nerve was a Saturday morning (about 2weeks ago) I was weeding the flower area and he asked "oga are you sure there's nothing else to you and this flowers"....in my mind I wondered what prompted such statement but as always, I smiled and just hailed him good morning. Few days later I was at his factory to get water and Mr looked at me and asked "between me and you, who thin pass", I pretended I didn't hear hoping he wouldn't ask again but he did. I answered he is fatter than me. ( Bros talk say "thank God, e mean say I (he) still get hope"). Na there and then I know say problem dey.

I have decided anytime he comes up at me with such vain talks I'll let him know I'm not having it. This dude should be in his 30s atleast....
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by tctrills: 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have this new neighbor that packed in last three months, that talk to people anyhow. But he feels it's a normal conversation.

Over the weekend I was cleaning my house and my car, only for him to tell me I clean my car too much. And was saying other nasty things and was laughing thinking is a normal thing.

There's no single day that i will wash my car that this guy will not say this to me, how I valued my car more than my life.

Normally, this guy can not look me with straight face and be telling me this kind of nonsense if I didn't create this kind of familiarity with him in the first place.

How can i avoid this guy in a matured manner so that he won't even decode I'm avoiding him?
Continue getting worked up over nothing. What is wrong with you people
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Esman007: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
My greatest worry now is, Nairaland is turning to a site where all rubbish is posted. For God's sake, what has this fastly avoided attitude got to do with this site. Guy! Be Man enough to take avoidable good decisions timely.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Winters23: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
[s]
POSmecrhant:
I have this new neighbor that packed in last three months, that talk to people anyhow. But he feels it's a normal conversation.

Over the weekend I was cleaning my house and my car, only for him to tell me I clean my car too much. And was saying other nasty things and was laughing thinking is a normal thing.

There's no single day that i will wash my car that this guy will not say this to me, how I valued my car more than my life.

Normally, this guy can not look me with straight face and be telling me this kind of nonsense if I didn't create this kind of familiarity with him in the first place.

How can i avoid this guy in a matured manner so that he won't even decode I'm avoiding him?
[/s]

Face-me-i-slap-you arrangement

Not familiar with this, carry your cross
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
DukeNija:

Why? So he’ll continue to waste water all in the name of washing car everyday? Do you know how annoying that could be?
What Nobody's complaining about water. Dude need to stay off his business thats all

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by JustforMen: 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

You have to ba a lion so you can be the sheep that you really are.

Tell him a few assorted nasties!
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by na2016: 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2022
faithfull18:
Don't reply him, keep a straight face. If he is sensible or has any self- respect left, he either reduces the interaction or mind his business.

OP, take this advice, it has worked for me against an idiot, it will work for you too.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by jayjay69: 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2022
Do your things head up and avoid him with no response.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by flamingREED(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
In such situations, I usually stay still till I can fire back with a superior logic.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Blackdisciple(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2022
No mind all these compound people...
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Freelane33(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
You’re a solely responsible for anything that happened to you in your community .
My rules
My life
1. I don’t make friends with neighbors and I don’t see them as enemy .
2. I’m always available for myself and not for any Neighbour unless we have a group meeting 3. I don’t owe any Neighbour anything more than good morning / goodnight if possible
4. I will never borrow anything from any Neighbour so as to avoid see finish . Always managing whatever you have
5. Any discussion that is aside from payment of bills and house maintenance won’t be tolerated .
6.my guard is always on
7 . You do anyhow you see anyhow . I don’t owe you no happy face / my facial appearance will always tell you who I am in the face place
8. I don’t buy things more than a thousand naira in my community , if I need to shop I drive out of the community to buy stuffs I need in bulk reason you don’t buy a couples of thousand worth of goods from a person that only made 2-3 thousand daily from sales . They will question your spending indirectly if not directly
9. I don’t make friends with Neigbhors and I will never allow a Neigbhor to get close to my visitors .
POSmecrhant:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by heniford2: 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't see the need for wanting to set boundaries with him; he is just concerned about your obsession with your car's neatness.

I know your type. I once had a tenant who'd wash his car at 5am, sometimes very late at night and even under the scorching sun.
It is obviously queer.

I think you should ignore him but if you really want to address it, next time he askes why you always wash your car,

Tell him that ever since you fvcked his wife inside the car, you've had to wash it daily to get rid of the smell of her kpekus from it.

This should either help you out or put you in more trouble.
crazy as it sound and stupid but deadly you saying this will tire the man's home into two creating demons you will hate in future
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by malel1: 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

If that guy can look u in the face and tell u this trash, pls dont try to avoid him in any manner , just tell him to back off.ita so simple
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
faithfull18:
Don't reply him, keep a straight face. If he is sensible or has any self- respect left, he either reduces the interaction or mind his business.

Simple
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:
Those comments are born from a deeper motive. You have to be weary of that man. He may be a potential harm to either your car or yourself.

Well noted. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by jeff1607(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
bukatyne:

@bold:

Interesting perspective.

The thingy is some people think going about their businesses doesn’t affect others but it does one way or the other

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Kaybaba5(m): 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't see the need for wanting to set boundaries with him; he is just concerned about your obsession with your car's neatness.

I know your type. I once had a tenant who'd wash his car at 5am, sometimes very late at night and even under the scorching sun.
It is obviously queer.

I think you should ignore him but if you really want to address it, next time he askes why you always wash your car,

Tell him that ever since you fvcked his wife inside the car, you've had to wash it daily to get rid of the smell of her kpekus from it.

bad guy.................

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
DukeNija:

Why? So he’ll continue to waste water all in the name of washing car everyday? Do you know how annoying that could be?
If you know our compound, you will know water will never be a problem. Never you post on assumptions
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Tapout(m): 1:54pm On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

lol...the only way to deal with individuals like this is to give them a taste of their own medicine while laughing too. I'm talking from experience. Trust me, it will work. All you need to do, is to identify what makes him uneasy and send in an airstrike.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by phemmyfour: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Give him monosyllables answers.

Reduce your conversation to good morning/afternoon/evening
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by apple30(f): 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
tillaman:
I saw a dude sitting outside my gate waiting to restock my SIL’s shop, Naso I greet the guy well done next thing he said was bros this your essentials shorts na fake ooo
Shorts that cost me 12k he say he see the original upfront I just weak
He was like bros I just dey play oo this is a guy I am seeing for the first time
grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
Freelane33:
You’re a solely responsible for anything that happened to you in your community .
My rules
My life
1. I don’t make friends with neighbors and I don’t see them as enemy .
2. I’m always available for myself and not for any Neighbour unless we have a group meeting 3. I don’t owe any Neighbour anything more than good morning / goodnight if possible
4. I will never borrow anything from any Neighbour so as to avoid see finish . Always managing whatever you have
5. Any discussion that is aside from payment of bills and house maintenance won’t be tolerated .
6.my guard is always on
7 . You do anyhow you see anyhow . I don’t owe you no happy face / my facial appearance will always tell you who I am in the face place
8. I don’t buy things more than a thousand naira in my community , if I need to shop I drive out of the community to buy stuffs I need in bulk reason you don’t buy a couples of thousand worth of goods from a person that only made 2-3 thousand daily from sales . They will question your spending indirectly if not directly
9. I don’t make friends with Neigbhors and I will never allow a Neigbhor to get close to my visitors .

Wow. I will bookmark this. Thanks
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Harold4lyf(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
iamyemiakins:

I can't just imagine someone having you as a neighbour grin

Them go kill am within one week grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by batb: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

As uncomfortable as your neighbour comments could be, I think there might be some truth in it! You are probably cleaning that your car too much, you might actually value that car more than your life. Please look inward!
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Harold4lyf(m): 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is obviously queer.

Them suppose day flog you every morning grin
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by DMerciful(m): 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
Just tell him you're offended by what he says anytime you watch your car or clean your house. Period!
POSmecrhant:

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by tnerro1(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Tell him when he can afford to buy his own car , he will understand
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by woleabayo(f): 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by CaptainFM1: 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
First try find out if it's the water usage the guy is concerned about. He may be indirectly passing that message to you.

If it's not about the water, the next time he tells you again, just reply him that if you have your way, you will watch the car 3 times a day.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by PointZerom: 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2022
ExtremeDot:

If I dislike a neighbor. Reasons best known to me.
I will never pretend that I dislike him, neither will I tell him.

I will just maintain my boundary, maintain my chosen frame.

Every other things will fall in place.

You'll maintain your boundary but won't tell that you dislike him?
I am right afterall.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Matthew2925(m): 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

This are the kind of people that tend or want to control people. The best you can do is ignore him, don't give him audience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. / Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against / CCTV Exposed His Daughter's Sexual Escapade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.