Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? (53514 Views)

I Suspected My Wife Was Cheating, I Set Her Up / My Neighbor Has Been Cheating On Her Husband With A Bike Man / Is There A Boundary To Sexual Practices In Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
Cokahot:
Its your first car,stop washing it like a foo l

You can communicate without insult. You kid

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by arthurwillia(m): 11:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have this new neighbor that packed in last three months, that talk to people anyhow. But he feels it's a normal conversation.

Over the weekend I was cleaning my house and my car, only for him to tell me I clean my car too much. And was saying other nasty things and was laughing thinking is a normal thing.

There's no single day that i will wash my car that this guy will not say this to me, how I valued my car more than my life.

Normally, this guy can not look me with straight face and be telling me this kind of nonsense if I didn't create this kind of familiarity with him in the first place.

How can i avoid this guy in a matured manner so that he won't even decode I'm avoiding him?
Lol why you sef go Dey clean car wey you no Carry comot.. I believe that’s why he said you value the car too much
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 23, 2022
arthurwillia:

Lol why you sef go Dey clean car wey you no Carry comot.. I believe that’s why he said you value the car too much

Lol. I don't like using car unclean. My car will stay dirty for days if I'm not using it. But I must wash it when driving out. My car neatness always expose how dirty his car is around my car. This could triggered this childish behavior. Lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Shevchenkko: 4:16am On Mar 23, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't see the need for wanting to set boundaries with him; he is just concerned about your obsession with your car's neatness.

I know your type. I once had a tenant who'd wash his car at 5am, sometimes very late at night and even under the scorching sun.
It is obviously queer.

I think you should ignore him but if you really want to address it, next time he askes why you always wash your car,

Tell him that ever since you fvcked his wife inside the car, you've had to wash it daily to get rid of the smell of her kpekus from it.

This should either help you out or put you in more trouble.
The last sentence made me know you're a big clown

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by cayorday89(m): 6:20am On Mar 23, 2022
Oga you are already familiar with him and it's the familiarity that makes him talk to you like you are his kid albeit doing what is best for yourself, for your own peace of mind tell him straight to his face yobdony like it and be serious about it...

In my own case it was always about food I cook and some will be commenting evryday that I too like food of which they will still beg from like they also don't eat, I once denied someone immediately he asked and he stopped and some others giving nasty and annoying comments by telling them straight to their faces to never repeat such to me again and they stopped...

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 23, 2022
cayorday89:
Oga you are already familiar with him and it's the familiarity that makes him talk to you like you are his kid albeit doing what is best for yourself, for your own peace of mind tell him straight to his face yobdony like it and be serious about it...

In my own case it was always about food I cook and some will be commenting evryday that I too like food of which they will still beg from like they also don't eat, I once denied someone immediately he asked and he stopped and some others giving nasty and annoying comments by telling them straight to their faces to never repeat such to me again and they stopped...
Already did this... e don begin see signs. No be him the feed me
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by cayorday89(m): 8:37am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Already did this... e don begin see signs. No be him the feed me
Way to go sir, you do things at your own convenience and it does not affect him, why making others look back for doing what is right in all ramifications...

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by arthurwillia(m): 8:48am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Lol. I don't like using car unclean. My car will stay dirty for days if I'm not using it. But I must wash it when driving out. My car neatness always expose how dirty his car is around my car. This could triggered this childish behavior. Lol

Lol car neatness
He probably drives the car out everyday
Doesn’t have time to wash
But you take car out once in two weeks and boom you are washing washing
Washerman
He might just be joking but it’s the truth
No Dey wash car anyhow

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by pinkguy(m): 9:13am On Mar 23, 2022
Tell him it's not his business you want your car to be clean more than his mama puxxy, pls don't forget to laugh small as u are saying it

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by frozen70(f): 9:13am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have this new neighbor that packed in last three months, that talk to people anyhow. But he feels it's a normal conversation.

Over the weekend I was cleaning my house and my car, only for him to tell me I clean my car too much. And was saying other nasty things and was laughing thinking is a normal thing.

There's no single day that i will wash my car that this guy will not say this to me, how I valued my car more than my life.

Normally, this guy can not look me with straight face and be telling me this kind of nonsense if I didn't create this kind of familiarity with him in the first place.

How can i avoid this guy in a matured manner so that he won't even decode I'm avoiding him?

If you can't tell him that you are sensitive to his words
Then ignore any silly jokes form him especially those careless talks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Oyiboman69: 10:14am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

During my wedding, my car can not contain all the drinks I bought, so I begged him to help me conveyed some drinks to the reception ground. Eversince then,I can not drink water and keep cup again
just tell him you don't like how he talks and interfere in what you do,start ignoring him from that on so that he will understand that you ignoring him is as a result of his attitude so he can mend his ways and not to create enmity cos you said he's helped you before and enmity is not good for both of you as neighbour....

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2022
Oyiboman69:
just tell him you don't like how he talks and interfere in what you do,start ignoring him from that on so that he will understand that you ignoring him is as a result of his attitude so he can mend his ways and not to create enmity cos you said he's helped you before and enmity is not good for both of you as neighbour....
Many thanks
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Blaine756(m): 11:10am On Mar 23, 2022
Reply him with," God will provide him a car, and he should not wash it"
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 23, 2022
tillaman:
I saw a dude sitting outside my gate waiting to restock my SIL’s shop, Naso I greet the guy well done next thing he said was bros this your essentials shorts na fake ooo
Shorts that cost me 12k he say he see the original upfront I just weak
He was like bros I just dey play oo this is a guy I am seeing for the first time
Always keep a mean face ,no one will joke nonsense with you
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Joyceogechi(f): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2022
Young man be man enough and tell him to stop you don't like such play.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by gidado14(m): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

tell him you like clean things

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Fidinno(m): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2022
my brother, you have to rebuke him once and for all, that's the only way.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Antoeni(m): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2022
My Candid Advice , Park Out of That House if You Have The Means
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Adakintroy: 11:12am On Mar 23, 2022
You allowed him into your space. You people just familiarize anyhow then come and complain.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

If you have air pods/headphones, start washing whilst listening to music and pretend you can't hear him grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Why will you avoid him? Talk your own back na, and make sure you smile, then laugh and tap his shoulder after saying it... People like that can't take it when the table is turned on them

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by olisaEze(m): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2022
That’s cos he thinks he’s witty, so pay him back in his own coin.

Next time he comes to find you, look for how to tell him that till you met him, you didn’t really realize the truth.

He’ll definitely ask 'what truth?'

Then you say, "light travels faster than sound, no wonder some people appear bright until they speak."

If he finds it offensive, suggest he quit finding you. But make sure it’s all said with a smile. Don’t bother yourself about what he’ll think of you, he doesn’t stop to think about it when he talks to you too! grin grin

PS: a little less of Nairaland and a little more of Naija twitter would arm you with more witticism, TBH. cool

1 Like

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by jeff1607(m): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

First of all how often do you guys pump water and are the water tanks separated? My guess is your constant washing makes the tank empty.

Got one like that , we all wash ours from the tank that supplies our apartments water but this guy would leave his own and use ours and he wouldn’t pay for utility bill or contribute in filling the gen with fuel
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by PointZerom: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Thanks

Pls don't ever keep a straight face with your neighbor.
Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by MansoryMX(m): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Next time do him this….. No time!!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by efficiencie(m): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Dude silence is golden all the time. Just shut up and watch your life improve. Do your thing and let those who want to talk talk. When they are tired they will leave you be. Learn the rare art of not giving a shit!

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by wonder233: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2022
If he tells you, that you wash your car too much, then you actually do! And need to reduce it. It is not everything that is a beef or bad belle. You're wasting water. In Nigeria, most people actually don't know water is a resource that needs to be consciously conserved. It gets depleted and can run out like other natural resources if not prudently utilized. One day, you will put on your pumping machine and nothing will come out from the borehole.
I have actually told a neighbour point blank to stop wasting water, everytime using hose to be splashing water on his car. We don't have any form of familiarity at all, so he respected

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by Hannover(m): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2022
That's why I don't like being too familiar with neighbors. They always overstep boundaries

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? by DSC7: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2022
Uncreate the familiarity you created initially...

Avoid bad energies by all means.....

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. / CCTV Exposed His Daughter's Sexual Escapade. / Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.