Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,531 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You (1677 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Japanese Town Worships Giant Gorilla In Desperate Bid To Scare Off Coronavirus / Juju Scare In Umuahia As Residents Wake Up To Mini Coffin, Others (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 7:12am On Mar 23, 2022
Damn you all claim to be christian yet you can't agree on something isn't it the same god you're serving or is it not the same bible, one even liken it to students with textbook but even if that the case the teacher would easily correct the wrong one but where is the great-teacher why can't he explain to his loyal followers why isn't that the case here does god derive joy from the confusion of those who serve him since god didn't explain his bible to you and it is clearly not easily understandable by you without god explaining. undecided something is not right here
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Dtruthspeaker: 9:52am On Mar 23, 2022
Sheddy5:

that is happines not joy, joy is forever happiness,

Happiness is a type of "Joy". It is probably the level one of joy. Then "Joy" itself is level two, then "great joy" is stage three, then "Joy unspeakable" is the baba!

Sheddy5:

if that gives you joy then where's the joy now? Only God gives joy.

Change of Post! My Joy is not issue, but however, I'll answer, I do always have it.

And here is where I sing my remix of Mary Mary's song

"O I have joy, joy just thinking about
What He's done for me!
O I have joy, joy just Seeing
What The Lord's has done for me.

It's in my hands, my feet
I'm talking about
What He's done for me
I get joy just thinking about
What He's done for me"! grin
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Happiness is a type of "Joy". It is probably the level one of joy. Then "Joy" itself is level two, then "great joy" is stage three, then "Joy unspeakable" is the baba!

Change of Post! My Joy is not issue, but however, I'll answer, I do always have it.

And here is where I sing my remix of Mary Mary's song

"O I have joy, joy just thinking about
What He's done for me!
O I have joy, joy just Seeing
What The Lord's has done for me.

It's in my hands, my feet
I'm talking about
What He's done for me
I get joy just thinking about
What He's done for me"! grin

joy simply mean "unlimited happiness"
you will be happy forever, that's what joy is.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Dtruthspeaker: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2022
Sheddy5:

joy simply mean "unlimited happiness"
you will be happy forever, that's what joy is.

And did I not tell you that it is a level of happiness? Now you have repeated exactly what I said!

Case Closed!
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 10:30am On Mar 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And did I not tell you that it is a level of happiness? Now you have repeated exactly what I said!

Case Closed!
ok that's good, now you understand what joy mean, only God gives joy by making you feel joyful in heaven.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by IMAliyu(m): 11:17am On Mar 23, 2022
Tobedated:
As far as i know all heaven offer is
1 eternal life
2 peace
3 playing with wild animals
4 and praising god forever but what heaven takes away because of this should be scary..
Well, from my understanding of the story, in heaven people will return to a state, before Adam ate the forbidden fruit.
So, no intellect, and no understanding of the cosmos, or right and wrong. So a state of childish ignorance and bliss... For eternity.

A proper father would want it's children to learn grow up and be better than him, and be independent of him.

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Tobedated(m): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2022
IMAliyu:

Well, from my understanding of the story, in heaven people will return to a state, before Adam ate the forbidden fruit.
So, no intellect, and no understanding of the cosmos, or right and wrong. So a state of childish ignorance and bliss... For eternity.

A proper father would want it's children to learn grow up and be better than him, and be independent of him.
finally someone who gets what i'm trying to point out imagine living a righteous life just so you can lose the essence of yourself and basically become god's obedient pet
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Dtruthspeaker: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2022
IMAliyu:

Adam knew enough to identify substances and give names. That clearly shows that he had the ability to study and learn and definitely knew right and wrong, which is why he did not put food through his ass.

And it is crazy that with all your cry and fear for death, and that you people do not want to die, you now no longer appreciate that in that time, there was nothing like death.

O Lord, please come and let all who hate Life be carried away to their deaths.

IMAliyu:

And did you not see God gave Adam independence up to even the independence of Rejecting Him and choosing another?

Like I said, Bias and Unfairness is your Name.

And a Great Father Always Always Has His Eyes on His Own Children!

But certainly not when He disowns them and casts them out or when the children have disowned Him and told Him "to leave them alone".

It's really crazy how you bastards insult The Father at one time and tell Him to buzz off, then, in another moment you say "how can a proper Father do this"?

You people are very very mad and not worth the lives you have.

So Lord, please Come and let these evil bastards who do not deserve to keep the lives they have, to permanently lose them.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 6:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
Sheddy5:

at the gate of heaven, close to hellfire.
Lol.
This is just your imagination, you didn't get it from the Bible right?

GOD Himself will come to the New earth and dwell with His people after Jesus has completed his mission.
Jesus will then hand over everything to God the Father, be subjected Him, and GOD will rule over all.
Jesus will come directly to earth to judge it, not some imaginary "gate of heaven close to hellfire".
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol.
This is just your imagination, you didn't get it from the Bible right?

GOD Himself will come to the New earth and dwell with His people after Jesus has completed his mission.
Jesus will then hand over everything to God the Father, be subjected Him, and GOD will rule over all.
Jesus will come directly to earth to judge it, not some imaginary "gate of heaven close to hellfire".
bible verses needed or i classify this as false?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 6:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
Sheddy5:

Genesis is an amazing chapter, i've read the whole of it long ago and it's an amazing read, you can do the same.

I have read the book more than three times and I'm sure there's no where God said he's changed His mind.
His promise and purpose for earth and mankind still stands.

Even the first Man and his wife didn't go to neither heaven nor hell but returned to the ground (grave).
This is the same for us. When we die we go to the grave!
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
Sheddy5:

I will give you Bible verses and you should also provide Bible verses supporting that God changed his purpose for us and Jesus will judge at the "gate of heaven close to hell fire"..

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 6:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
cornelboy:

I have read the book more than three times and I'm sure there's no where God said he's changed His mind.
His promise and purpose for earth and mankind still stands.

Even the first Man and his wife didn't go to neither heaven nor hell but returned to the ground (grave).
This is the same for us. When we die we go to the grave!
did the scripture you read said adam and eve did not go heaven?
if God did not chage the purpose, then why are we going through hard time and labour?
you read without comprehension, next time try to understand what you read.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 6:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
cornelboy:

I will give you Bible verses and you should also provide Bible verses supporting that God changed his purpose for us and Jesus will judge at the "gate of heaven close to hell fire"..
provide your's first.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2022
I'm enjoying this, when talking about the future of mankind only JWs have what i know as GOOD NEWS!
Please i'm following! smiley

cornelboy:

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sheddy5:

Jesus will hand over all his authority to God. And GOD will rule directly over ALL (including Jesus.)

1 Corinthians 15:24-28
[28]Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.

God Himself will come to earth and dwell with His people

Revelation 21:1-5
[3]I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.

John 5:28-29
[28]Don’t be so surprised! Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God’s Son,
[29]and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
[16]For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves.

Matthew 6:10
[10]May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
    as it is in heaven.

Daniel 2:44
[44]“During the reigns of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed or conquered. It will crush all these kingdoms into nothingness, and it will stand forever.

Compare those verses I provided and figure it out yourself.
Note: the kingdom of God is not the same as heaven but the kingdom is presently in heaven which will come down to earth in the future.

Also, just like Jesus was on earth the first the he came, he will also come to earth in his in his glory, the second coming!

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 11:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sheddy5:

did the scripture you read said adam and eve did not go heaven?
if God did not chage the purpose, then why are we going through hard time and labour?
you read without comprehension, next time try to understand what you read.

Did yours says they went to heaven?

Sin death suffering came through Adam sin and God will restore everything back to perfection.
He never said his purpose has changed.

How could going to heaven be the solution to humans problem?

Genesis 3:19
[19]By the sweat of your brow
    will you have food to eat
until you return to the ground
    from which you were made.
For you were made from dust,
    and to dust you will return.”

Genesis 3:3
[3]“It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’”
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 7:55am On Mar 26, 2022
cornelboy:

Did yours says they went to heaven?

Sin death suffering came through Adam sin and God will restore everything back to perfection.
He never said his purpose has changed.

How could going to heaven be the solution to humans problem?

Genesis 3:19
[19]By the sweat of your brow
    will you have food to eat
until you return to the ground
    from which you were made.
For you were made from dust,
    and to dust you will return.”

Genesis 3:3
[3]“It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’”
so where did God said everything will return back to normal? I only saw "return to dust" try to be specific and factual.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 8:08am On Mar 26, 2022
Cornelboy
you miss_interprint all the verses you provided, show me the exact verse God said we'll leave in earth after judgement? Remember jesus said in his father house there are many mansions, remember the scripture said the righteous will make heaven and sinners will be torture in hellfire for evalasting... If you can't understand simple scriptures then you're not worth argueing with me....

i think you're jehova witness that turn bible upside down...

when you face judgement in the end, remember what i told you.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:10am On Mar 26, 2022
Following! smiley

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sheddy5:

so where did God said everything will return back to normal? I only saw "return to dust" try to be specific and factual.

My candid advice for you is to take your time and study the Bible to get the TRUTH and stop listening to your pastor and church.

Only angels and spirit beings dwell in heaven, God initially created the earth for man and every other living organisms to live in.

So if God take the righteous people to live in heaven forever, what will happen to animals, trees and every other creatures on land and sea? Will God just destroy the earth and have nothing to do with it again?

Revelation 21:1-5
[1]Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone.
[2]And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
[3]I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.
[4]He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
[5]And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”

Go and figure it out. smiley
Death, crying, sorrow and pain only happen here on earth not heaven, so God will come down Himself to the new earth and put end to all form of evil.

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sheddy5:
Cornelboy
you miss_interprint all the verses you provided, show me the exact verse God said we'll leave in earth after judgement? Remember jesus said in his father house there are many mansions, remember the scripture said the righteous will make heaven and sinners will be torture in hellfire for evalasting... If you can't understand simple scriptures then you're not worth argueing with me....

i think you're jehova witness that turn bible upside down...

when you face judgement in the end, remember what i told you.

Some people will actually go to heaven and rule with Jesus. They are part of the kingdom established in heaven according to Daniel prophecy in Daniel 2:44.
These people are the 144000 thousand mentioned in the book of revelations and they are kings while Jesus is their king.
Hence, not every true Christian will be resurrected to heaven.

May you have peace!

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
cornelboy:

Some people will actually go to heaven and rule with Jesus. They are part of the kingdom established in heaven according to Daniel prophecy in Daniel 2:44.
These people are the 144000 thousand mentioned in the book of revelations and they are kings while Jesus is their king.
Hence, not every true Christian will be resurrected to heaven.

May you have peace!
another big false, tell me the exact chapter or keep the false to yourself, a child of God must and would definately make heaven, know this and know peace.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2022
cornelboy
all the chapters you posted up there does not prove your point and it was john seeing the revelation.... Try to be specic... Show me the exact chapter that it's written that humans will leave on earth afterlife....

earth it's not our home, does that endure and obey his command will definately make heaven.... Read the chapters that you sent carefully and see how it prove me right.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sheddy5:
cornelboy
all the chapters you posted up there does not prove your point and it was john seeing the revelation.... Try to be specic... Show me the exact chapter that it's written that humans will leave on earth afterlife....

earth it's not our home, does that endure and obey his command will definately make heaven.... Read the chapters that you sent carefully and see how it prove me right.

Revelation 1:1-3
[1]This is a revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants the events that must soon take place. He sent an angel to present this revelation to his servant John,
[2]who faithfully reported everything he saw. This is his report of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
[3]God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near.

Are you saying John's revelations are not from God?

Revelation 21:2-4
[2]And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
[4]He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

John revelations are things that will happen in the future, some are even happening now.

May you have peace!

1 Like

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sheddy5:

another big false, tell me the exact chapter or keep the false to yourself, a child of God must and would definately make heaven, know this and know peace.

When a righteous person dies, he will rot and decay in his grave but will be raised up when Jesus come back.

Some are already resurrected to heaven and ruling together as kings with Jesus their King. So Jesus is the King of kings.
For the rest of us, when we die, we will remain asleep in death in our grave and await resurrection.

You haven't show me where the Bible says Jesus will judge at the gate of heaven near hell fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 8:07pm On Mar 26, 2022
cornelboy:

When a righteous person dies, he will rot and decay in his grave but will be raised up when Jesus come back.

Some are already resurrected to heaven and ruling together as kings with Jesus their King. So Jesus is the King of kings.
For the rest of us, when we die, we will remain asleep in death in our grave and await resurrection.

You haven't show me where the Bible says Jesus will judge at the gate of heaven near hell fire.
the body would definately decay but God will rise the soul for judgement... "once a man die he will face judgement" it's in the bible..

once a man die and face judgement, he/she will make heaven or hell acording to the case and judgement...

when jesus return, all righteous people/children of God will follow jesus to heaven...

i have peace.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2022
cornelboy
stop posting inrelevant chapters that can't prove you right, instead, it's seems you're rounding one circle....

i know about all the chapters you put up there and i also knew it was God that show john the revelation, remember revelation is hard to comprehend hence you don't understand what the revelation was all about...

the earth it's not our parmanent home and all true christians knew it...
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by LordReed(m): 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
We won't have an earthly body there so we won't care for earthly things.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

What would you care for? And why didn't the god just make you in that body instead of this human form you have first? What is the point of all this suffering on earth if you eventual just gonna shrug it all off?
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by cornelboy(f): 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sheddy5:
cornelboy
stop posting inrelevant chapters that can't prove you right, instead, it's seems you're rounding one circle....

i know about all the chapters you put up there and i also knew it was God that show john the revelation, remember revelation is hard to comprehend hence you don't understand what the revelation was all about...

the earth it's not our parmanent home and all true christians knew it...

Your just a church goers that only believe what your pastor said to true.

Where did the Bible say the earth is our temporal home and heaven is our permanent home?

If heaven should be our permanent home, why are we here now?

If Adam the first Man hadn't sinned where will his permanent home be? Why wasn't he created in heaven?

So what is your interpretation of those verses?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 9:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
cornelboy:

Where did the Bible say the earth is our temporal home and heaven is our permanent home?

If Adam the first Man hadn't sinned where will his permanent home be? Why wasn't he created in heaven?

we are on earth to pass/overcome the trials and temptation, if we the children of God over come all succesfully, that mean we're the choosen ones to make heaven.
Re: Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You by Sheddy5(m): 9:45pm On Mar 26, 2022
cornelboy:

Adam and Eve sin against God and that's why God change his intention of creating man i.e for man to pass through hardship and temptation then the obedients ones we stay in God's kingdom (heaven)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

America's Founding fathers were not Christians / Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 / ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.