Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) (24166 Views)

Taofeek Arapaja Returns N36,000,000 Paid Into His Account (Letter) / PDP Primaries: Delegates To Receive $50,000 Bribe Each - Sahara Reporters / Court Convicts Farouk Lawan Over $500,000 Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by lagonovo: 10:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
Spandau:

Policemen are now attached to Sharia courts. Wow. They have finally Islamized Nigeria.
Welcome back from space sir. I have some old copies of Guardian Newspaper including year 1999-2000 since you sound interested in Sharia matter grin

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by edosignature(m): 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2022
Highly commendable, so proud.

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by edosignature(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2022
Highly commendable, so glad this is happening.
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Hassanmaye(m): 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
Balkan:
Staged
Hahahahhahah
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by simpleseyi: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
This one is not a police officer. He should be dismissed immediately. Even the IG is disappointed in him. Police officers are cursed thieves in uniform, so who is this man? He should be dismissed and forcefully taken to and dumped Israel or Saudi Arabia, he belongs to one of those two places
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by rayvelez(m): 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
It can only be northern police, southern police can and will never return that free money.
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Remman(m): 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2022
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/police-officers-reject-n300000-bribe-return-n600000-paid-into-account/
Well, when you remember how your boss like Abba kyari is suffering for what he thought would remain a secret forever, you'll need to think twice now as a police man before you accept any electronically transmitted bribe... Lol!
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Idiko1: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2022
ijustdey:

Sodiq Oyeleke

The Inspector-General of Police has commended police officers for rejecting N300,000 bribe and returning N600,000 paid into one of their accounts in error.

The police boss charged Senior Police Officers to always commend their personnel who have exemplarily excelled in their duties, which have in turn impacted positively on the goodwill and image of the Nigeria Police Force.

He said this in a statement by the Force Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, on Tuesday.

“The IGP made the charge while commending the exemplary performances of some officers and men across the State Commands, particularly Sergeant Sampson Ekikere, attached to 22 Police Mobile Force, Ikeja, Lagos, for his uncommon professionalism exhibited on Saturday, 19th March 2022, when he painstakingly recovered a wallet, belonging to one Mr. Lukman Abaja, and traced the owner to deliver the found item.

“He equally commended Sergeant Yahaya Ahmed attached to Higher Shari’ah Court, Tudun Wada Division, Gusau, Zamfara State, for rejecting the sum of N300, 000 bribe, offered to him by one Chukwuka Jude, who was arrested at the same court on 18th January, 2022 for the offence of false presentation and cheating by impersonation.

“Also commended was CSP Elemide Akinkunmi Bishop who was Head of Operations at the Police Radio. CSP Bishop was mistakenly credited with the sum of N600,000 into his Police Account. The officer withdrew the sum and remitted it back to the Nigeria Police Cooperative Society treasury, showing attributes of an honest and trustworthy police officer,” the statement added.

Baba, however, assured the entire Police workforce of sustainable efforts in improving their condition of service.

https://punchng.com/police-officers-reject-n300000-bribe-return-n600000-paid-into-account/

I applauded the mobile police sergeant and the CSP for their exemplarily behaviors. However, I am not even sure of the bribe. The story of a Muslim police officer attached to a Muslim Court who allegedly rejected a bribe offer by a supposedly Christian arrested in the premises of the so-called Higher Sharia Court for whatever reason has a character.
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Enemyofpeace: 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
Please when is the strike by the Nigeria police coming up?
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by FireUpNow(m): 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2022
Police and stunt. I thought the 300k or 600k was paid by someone who committed a crime to the inspector and it was returned not knowing it is a payme t in error made the police financial department. Can Abba Kyari do this also? Mofos
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Spandau: 11:20pm On Mar 22, 2022
lagonovo:

Welcome back from space sir. I have some old copies of Guardian Newspaper including year 1999-2000 since you sound interested in Sharia matter grin

And it seems like a funny matter to you? What they're doing up North would soon spread to the South.
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by nedekid: 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
Metcheew. undecidedMoney that is traceable and if he had touched it would have turned to wahala.
Me I received credit alert on Friday of 51k. Cash deposit into my account from an unknown depositor.
By yesterday morning ie monday before 11am, I received a reversal alert of the money debited from my account.
Only a criminal or greedy person will spend such money knowing it is not yours. It will be unnecessary walala.
So basically no big deal.
Had it been untraceable money, that eke would have chopped it sharp sharp!

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Gamesmart: 11:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
FeliciaOja:
Police in other Countries in the World will reject bribe. It wont appear on the news
Its not a big deal

But in Nigeria, if police reject bribe.
E go appear for Breaking News
Channels, BBC, TVC will rush to interview them
They will give them Awards
Because it is very rare and only happens once in 20 years.

Foolish statement!

Police in those other countries are not paid peanuts like Nigerian Police, hence why their rejecting bribes is not a big deal.

The pay of entry-level police officers in those countries will be as comfortable as paying an entry-level police officer in Nigeria N1.8m per year.

And for Inspectors, the equivalent will be as comfortable as N4m.

Which Inspector in Nigeria is paid that?
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Eromose9765: 12:26am On Mar 23, 2022
Read Below

Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by MASTERMIND04(m): 2:45am On Mar 23, 2022
Police grin grin grin
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Pigmy(m): 5:36am On Mar 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by master69(m): 6:30am On Mar 23, 2022
My own be say who give them his account number.?
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Comedian2019: 7:37am On Mar 23, 2022
It is now news that police reject bribe. Are they supposed to accept bribe in the first place?
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Testimony1988(m): 8:02am On Mar 23, 2022
These are the officers others should emulate not those ones looking for opportunities to extort the masses.
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by ProElite: 9:49am On Mar 23, 2022
ijustdey:

Please check again and again and confirm that he was really a member of the NPF
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by MuhammadMiller: 10:18am On Mar 23, 2022
Michelle70:
When God decide to bless u, all u need to do is to cut his 10 percent for him, stop rejecting blessings
some times we earn curses by not returning what is wrong sent to us
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by lagonovo: 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
Spandau:

And it seems like a funny matter to you? What they're doing up North would soon spread to the South.
The point flew right over your head. It's not a matter of being funny or not. I only did that to nudge you into a bit of research on what you wrote.

Sharia law has been part of the legal system, civil and criminal, in at least 12 states for several years and any state running it will likely have the regular police involved, it was a hot debate for years starting in 1999 with Zamfara State. Your comment sounded like you are not aware of that fact. The fear of a dangerous spread to the South was very high back then. We love debating issues but surprisingly many of us find simple online search cumbersome.

2 Likes

Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Spandau: 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
lagonovo:

The point flew right over your head. It's not a matter of being funny or not. I only did that to nudge you into a bit of research on what you wrote.

Sharia law has been part of the legal system, civil and criminal, in at least 12 states for several years and any state running it will likely have the regular police involved, it was a hot debate for years starting in 1999 with Zamfara State. Your comment sounded like you are not aware of that fact. The fear of a dangerous spread to the South was very high back then. We love debating issues but surprisingly many of us find simple online search cumbersome.

Like it's going to get me graded or what? Puts food on the table? I speak of the impending dangers, a misnomer STILL at hand and to which you cannot proffer a solution and you are lecturing me about online research.
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by lagonovo: 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2022
Spandau:
Like it's going to get me graded or what? Puts food on the table? I speak of the impending dangers, a misnomer STILL at hand and to which you cannot proffer a solution and you are lecturing me about online research.
grin Sorry who are we to blame for your misinformed comment on an online public discussion platform that comes with an inherent right to respond, agree to, object to or provide lecture on whatever is posted. No one is forced to make a post, that is within your right, what you can't control is the response you get. The daily lecture is for us all and we all get lectured everyday, it's not an Everybody Hates Chris situation. Kapisch!

2 Likes

Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Spandau: 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
lagonovo:

grin Sorry who are we to blame for your misinformed comment on an online public discussion platform that comes with an inherent right to respond, agree to, object to or provide lecture on whatever is posted. No one is forced to make a post, that is within your right, what you can't control is the response you get. The daily lecture is for us all and we all get lectured everyday, it's not an Everybody Hates Chris situation. Kapisch!

Can someone give this mook his feeder so he can leave me?
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by lagonovo: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
Spandau:

Can someone give this mook his feeder so he can leave me?
Who is actually the mook here? Oh, you won't even know if the label is clearly pasted on your forehead grin grin

A mook: a stupid or incompetent person.

You asked if policemen are now guarding Sharia Court in Zamfara State, a state that started implementing Sharia in October, 1999. Almost 23 years ago! Where did you crawl out from? grin
To make matters worse, you are averse to correction! A clear sign of veiled stupidity and incompetence.

If you don't want to be corrected or lectured WHEN YOU ARE WRONG, then stop posting online. Simple! Keep your stupidity within your local confines where you make the rules as local champion. Here in front of the world, sorry you will be corrected 24/7 all year round. We all have to deal with that grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Spandau: 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
lagonovo:

Who is actually the mook here? Oh, you won't even know if the label is clearly pasted on your forehead grin grin

You asked if policemen are now guarding Sharia Court in Zamfara State, a state that started implementing Sharia in October, 1999. Almost 23 years ago! Where did you crawl out from? grin
To make matters worse, you are averse to correction! A clear sign of veiled stupidity and incompetence.

If you don't want to be corrected or lectured WHEN YOU ARE WRONG, then stop posting online. Simple! Keep your stupidity within your local confines where you make the rules as local champion. Here in front of the world, sorry you will be corrected 24/7 all year round. We all have to deal with that grin grin

Can someone give this attention seeker what (s)he wants? All this unsolicited advances and displays is really getting out of hands. This guy needs attention badly. Can someone babysit him or something please!
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by lagonovo: 12:36am On Mar 24, 2022
Spandau:

Can someone give this attention seeker what (s)he wants? All this unsolicited advances and displays is really getting out of hands. This guy needs attention badly. Can someone babysit him or something please!
See his mouth like Portable own, baby sit or something... says the proven mook while still stupidly providing the so-called attention, na Sharia of 1999 we go use reset your brain for Zamfara grin
Re: Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) by Spandau: 1:55am On Mar 24, 2022
lagonovo:

grin grin grin Really? Is it this bad? You had to consult the dictionary and whip up a "dissertation" just to look good and attract my attention? Nah! Sorry, I am not a queer. Now take your faggo.ty arse and scram off my mention. Nu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Alex Otti Visits President Tinubu In Lagos / $1m Found In Alex Badeh's Wardrobe - Witness Exposes Ex-Chief Of Defence Staff / Ex Militants Get Automatic Employments After Graduating With First Class. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.